Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
found it but I don't think I'm allowed to link (TOS)
go to crime online dotcom - no spaces
Neighbor says dog was always barking- noisier than Watts family normally.
But night/day of murders dog was howling in a different tone, like he was
being beaten or scolded harshly. She had never heard the dog sound like this.

Does the neighbour give any timings?

Further to the video from last night about CW being in Myrtle Beach with SW and their daughters + SW's father on Aug 2nd. The women in the video who took the photos and spoke with SW directly, stated that the pictures were taken August 2nd. Is there a timeline confirmed of the dates when SW was in NC and CW was not? I was certain I read CW was only in NC the first week of SW's 6 week visit to NC. The women in the video said CW was acting strange and disengaged (paraphrasing). You can see in the image CW not even looking at his daughter as she did her activity, he was turned away and appears to be looking at something in his hand. I am assuming a cell phone.
NC mother captures slain family on camera during beach trip
Early articles all stated he came at end of the 6wk. vacation.
Her sm said she left Co. w/ her dad and 2 girls to fly to NC.

SW must not have been too worried to leave CW on his own for the summer to do as he pleased.

I want to take it one step further, as in not only wasn't she worried, I don't think she really cared what he was doing, or she would not have left for 6 weeks with the girls.

Excuse me if this is being rude or chauvinistic; but I wouldn't call deep financial troubles and filing for bankruptcy within 3 years of being married, a dream marriage.

Again I don't mean to blame just CW on their money problems but filing for bankruptcy 3 years into the marriage CW wasn't exactly a man in charge of his life, or control over his finances. There is just no way he wanted children being broke (I would call filing for bk being broke). And I would say clearly, he didn't want children, he (allegedly) killed all 3 of his..

Maybe he married her for her money, isn't she the one that put down the $ on their first home...then he became irate that she didn't earn more, provide more for HIM, then came one kid after another after another, and kids cost money...

This is my first time posting in this thread although I've been following from the beginning, so I apologize in advance for the long post. I also just now watched his initial television interview for the first time. It has been too horrific of a case to observe in any way other than through writing until now. The interview made me sick.

My first thought is, how did anyone believe him? Even if I knew nothing of the case, even if I knew nothing of deceptive behavioral red flags, it was clear as day that he was completely off, knew far more than he was saying, was incredibly nervous, completely distanced from his family emotionally, and his entire intent in doing the video was to maintain his image as someone who cared about his family. He stammered, interjected "well like" "I mean" into every sentence, shrugged constantly, swayed non stop (which is a way of letting excess energy be released in a controlled way), sucked his lips in, talked about how Bella "was" about to start kindergarten. Idiot. I almost laughed watching it. I didn't, because it's all too awful.

I follow a "human lie detector" blog, run by a woman who works for law enforcement in analyzing whether people are lying or not. She's not a psychic - she doesn't say what they're covering up - but she's spot on at finding red flags. Her analysis of his interview is spot on. (link: Chris Watts Interview: My Thoughts) She ends it with "I personally suspect this man was controlling, angered easily and kept his demons behind closed doors. And something happened, and he snapped." BBM. Which I find interesting as I'm also hesitant to call him a psychopath and call it a day. I don't think he was a regular man who suddenly snapped terribly. But nor do I think he's a psychopath. I think he likely has some sort of personality disorder (how could he not?) and a plethora of issues, and something finally triggered this. I do think he snapped. He's clearly an incredibly tense, boiling over with rage, feeling hard-done-by man. I've met plenty of men who are just like he comes off in the interview. And I wouldn't put it past them to assault someone or something equally heinous. But I wouldn't expect them to murder someone, honestly. It's such a step further. I'm horribly curious as to what made him snap, and what was boiling in the meantime before. To be clear, I in no way think Shanann or the girls made him snap. This was not, in any way, shape, or form, their fault. I mean a circumstance that an ordinary person may respond to with severe distress or rage or even hurting themselves if they are already in a bad place, caused him to respond like this. My disgust for him is unending.
I agree with much of what you have said, well...because I feel the same. I know others on here has attributed it to his being conventionally good looking. I don't believe that is the case with me at least. I have seen many good looking psychopaths. I too think he snapped, but maybe not in the traditional sense...because of the pre-meditation. I also do not see him as "controlling". I guess I do not see it because Shanann had quite a bit of freedom to do as she wished. Her spirit still seemed quite bubbly and full of confidence. Most controlling men would have shut these things down a long time ago. I almost see her as the one who led the family while he simply stayed in the background and worked. I think that is why I am having trouble coming to terms with what I would call what he did.
I don't know if he fits neatly into any FA profile. I also wonder if what happened with his family and Shannon back in July when there was the huge argument that resulted in her saying she was never going to step foot back in his parents house was a source of huge friction for him. I think he was a pretty involved parent and husband up until a certain point. Then he went dead to her. I just don't buy he was always dead to her.
He is a poor actor. We have seen that. Yet all her friends and family were fooled by him? I just don't buy that.

From the previous thread:
Quoted from ZsaZsa
When you have Alexa in your house, do you always have to initiate use by saying Alexa? Or, would it record every noise, conversation in the house unbidden?

We have an Alexa in our living room. It is also available from the kitchen.
Most of the time, it only responds to “Alexa” or something that sounds similar.

For a while, there were tv ads for Alexa that kept waking her up. Thankfully, they are gone now. It also wakens during any tv show where the name Alexa,
or anything near Alexa is used.

There also are times when Alexa wakens and gives some weird response for no apparent reason at all!

From the little I understand, the machine records sounds from the room for a period of time after being awakened. Alexa users can find the audio in the Cloud. It is erasable. Info via Ashley Banfield and my techie husband.

Last night, on Ashley Banfield, they showed a video of the girls dancing to loud music. When Shannan wanted to be heard on her video, she closed the program.

Just have to wonder what’s on the audio in the cloud... hmmm....

Thanks @Ronso for the full quote.

It's so hard to square with her mum's co-workers comments in the news clip on this page.
If a separation "was definitely the plan" (according to "nonna") at the salon at that stage, am guessing that nonna could only have gotten that from SW.

Nonna is shown cutting CW's hair.
They're still together at Myrtle beach on Aug 2nd with SW happy , or maybe she's just not accepting it and hoping for the best

SW's insta for whole of August is also interesting in that it's missing the usual posts of the kids having a great time. Why not upload eg. Myrtle beach shots of kids having a great time? ( Maybe they went on FB instead. I haven't checked SW FB)

The Insta posts are mainly memes along the same theme eg
July 6th – worry only about next 24 hrs only (not the future) meme

july 19th - worry, regret and not letting other people bring you down.

29 July – “ family isn't always blood...it's about pple who want you in theirs....." etc etc

(Can't help but wondering if the company tells staff that they cannot post about relationship issues/negative stuff?)

just my opinion, and it’s from

How was this taken in early August when it’s reported CW was at home and the girls and SW were in another state for the 5 weeks before the murders?

It was reported (see media thread - I can’t for some reason link this morning :( ) that CW did visit/spend part of the ~6 weeks that Shanann & the children were in NC with them there.

ETA: the exact link has been posted upthread.

Last edited:
That's possible. I'm thinking this guy has a huge ego and a big, expensive house and that he would love nothing more than to try to big-time his gf with his nice house. I found it very interesting about the master bedroom sheets. Maybe he was afraid there would be evidence of the gf on those sheets and that is why tossed one of the sheets in the garbage and thought he'd have time to dispose of it later?
I think Shanann suspected the affair. She may have went on her 6week trip because of the affair but while she was gone, she discovered she was pregnant and decided to return and try to make it work - CW may have promised to end the affair but discovered while she was in AZ that he had NOT ended it. A friend may have been watching him. My first thought about the sheets were that she stripped bed looking for evidence that mistress had been there??? Maybe girls mentioned it to her during a phone convo? Which was why he became so angry with girls?
He is a narcissistic person so he OWNS you, You are not his partner, you are his slave and he OWNS the children, too. He uses you, you work for him, your job is to make him look good, sing his praises on SM and tell everyone what a great guy he is... You can’t leave him. The only way to control her and kids is to kill them. Shanann finally realized this - maybe affair woke her up? Visiting her family and friends in NC for 6 weeks probably made her feel stronger and braver than she had been in a long time - she confronted him about his Mom’s disregard for their child. Then she confronted him about affair. She wasn’t singing his praises anymore and that enraged him. All speculation on my part. We will NEVER get the truth from CW, IMO.

@vaporlass just on your part ..."she discovered she was pregnant and decided to return and try to make it work'

she already announced her pregnancy on Insta on June 11th - she can't have discovered she was pregnant when she was away, she already knew as did CW

CW also knew about it before SW left for the long trip , before the sonogram ( and before she & CW take the San Diego trip)

I want to take it one step further, as in not only wasn't she worried, I don't think she really cared what he was doing, or she would not have left for 6 weeks with the girls.

Excuse me if this is being rude or chauvinistic; but I wouldn't call deep financial troubles and filing for bankruptcy within 3 years of being married, a dream marriage.

Again I don't mean to blame just CW on their money problems but filing for bankruptcy 3 years into the marriage CW wasn't exactly a man in charge of his life, or control over his finances. There is just no way he wanted children being broke (I would call filing for bk being broke). And I would say clearly, he didn't want children, he (allegedly) killed all 3 of his..

Maybe he married her for her money, isn't she the one that put down the $ on their first home...then he became irate that she didn't earn more, provide more for HIM, then came one kid after another after another, and kids cost money...
I've suspected CW thought SW had money based on her large
home in NC. Sadly I think the equity in that home was the bulk of her money.
Sometimes prospective suitors get the impression there's more
money involved just because of a huge home or fancy car, etc.

Article on the timeline starting from Monday Aug 13th 1:48 am
A couple of things I am wondering about that I hadn't realized before.

clip from article "4 or 5 a.m. — Christopher Watts told police this is when he awoke and he and his wife had an "emotional" discussion regarding his desire to separate. He tells police that after leaving their bedroom, he returns to observe, via a baby monitor in the girls' room, Shanann Watts attacking their daughters. He tells police that he strangled his wife to death in a fit of rage".

CW states he woke between 4 or 5am and that was when he had the "emotional" discussion. I thought he had said they had the emotional discussion when SW arrived home at "1:48 am" (time as per CW quote). The way CW states he awoke between 4 or 5 am indicates he was sleeping when SW returned home. But if he was sleeping and awoke at the time he states above, then he couldn't know what time she returned. If he was awake and not asleep what did he do until 4 or 5 am when he claims he had the emotional conversation.
Why would CW state "between 4 or 5am" as the time he allegedly awoke and him not know the exact time he awoke when he was able to pinpoint exactly what time SW returned home. He states between 4 or 5 am he awoke but that is a rather broad time frame to say you woke. If he was asleep and awoke, the first reaction of most people is to check what time it is whether on a clock,, a watch, a cell phone especially if he was waiting for SW to return you would think he would be wanting to know the time.
I don't believe CW witnessed SW hurting the girls, if he had, the entire neighborhood would have heard screaming because that would be the natural reaction of CW if it went that way ~ if you interrupt an event such as he described, you would think he would be screaming for help and screaming at SW. The girls were murdered silently by CW and I believe SW was killed quietly too, probably ambushed from behind with no chance to scream.
Timeline: Key dates in investigation of deaths of Shanann Watts, 2 daughters in Colorado

If survelliance system didn't record license plate number, it may have picked up make and model of AP's car if she visited him at home.
Someone who lives in or near town drove through neighborhood and said there were no houses directly across from their home. So the camera was catty-corner rather than direct point - CW may have assumed it was too far if he knew it was there at all. He has done a lot of stupid things - possibly part of his plan to convince others that it was not premeditated???
Anyone check on LIFE INSURANCE??? I really think she was leaving him when she went back to NC and then found out she was pregnant and he promised to end affair, never do it again, and they could WORK IT OUT but all along he knew what he was going to do because she was only back home a few days when he did it.
Considering she was in first trimester of pregnancy, she was likely much more emotional and wanted to make it work for the kids. She had put on weight, which along with his affair made her feel more insecure and vulnerable.
Whatever the case/reason - his actions are deviant and horrific and deserve the death penalty.

I don't think her being away for 6 weeks caused him to cheat. Someone that is going to cheat will always find a way and an excuse. They cheat because of a flaw within themselves, not because of what their spouse did or didn't do. They may blame it on the spouse but that's not why they cheated.

I think Shanann suspected the affair. She may have went on her 6week trip because of the affair but while she was gone, she discovered she was pregnant and decided to return and try to make it work - CW may have promised to end the affair but discovered while she was in AZ that he had NOT ended it. A friend may have been watching him. My first thought about the sheets were that she stripped bed looking for evidence that mistress had been there??? Maybe girls mentioned it to her during a phone convo? Which was why he became so angry with girls?
He is a narcissistic person so he OWNS you, You are not his partner, you are his slave and he OWNS the children, too. He uses you, you work for him, your job is to make him look good, sing his praises on SM and tell everyone what a great guy he is... You can’t leave him. The only way to control her and kids is to kill them. Shanann finally realized this - maybe affair woke her up? Visiting her family and friends in NC for 6 weeks probably made her feel stronger and braver than she had been in a long time - she confronted him about his Mom’s disregard for their child. Then she confronted him about affair. She wasn’t singing his praises anymore and that enraged him. All speculation on my part. We will NEVER get the truth from CW, IMO.

She knew she was pregnant long before the 6 week trip - there is a reveal video on her SM where she tells CW and the girls

Ibbd.
Can you screenshot or do a full quote of that msm piece - posters in europe can't access it. ( Tried icognito, still can't read it.)
Sorry can't help with those TLine dates at the moment - as am unsure myself.
586391981_750x422.jpg

The content of the news report is posted up thread so I won't post and paste again. You can see CW behind SW looking down at something. SW father is on the right in the image.

I haven’t seen this MSM report via a Charlotte outlet posted here, yet.

This woman met SW, her father, the girls and CW in Myrtle Beach, while waiting in line for a kids bungee jump attraction— and this woman took pictures of the girls and spoke to SW at length. She also described CW’s demeanor.

Just thought it was an interesting tidbit to their story.

Does anyone else find it odd that someone you meet in a line, would take pictures of your children and family? I meet people in lines all the time, but that would creep me out if I knew they were taking pictures of my children and family.

I think this was all about control. There’s something about strangulation that is personal. Like the person committing the crime is using all their power to drain life. Sadly, I don’t think she would’ve gotten away from him safely, unless she had a weapon. There’s no way he would’ve let her file for divorce and leave. So in this case I wonder even if she saw the signs early would she have been able to leave this man. Also, I can’t find source, but I read that he joined them the last week of their vacay. Which makes sense with the pics.

Newb here who has been lurking for days and unable to reply due to issues with my account... this could be a bit long and I apologize if quotes should be used (with so many threads and so much to comment on, I’m not sure it would be possible!)

Anyway- one maybe minor detail that has bothered me from day one is that her friend NAU has stated several times that upon arriving at the house to check on SW, one of the things that prompted her concerns (after she didn’t come to the door) was that SW car was in the garage and the car seats were in it, leading her to believe SW was inside..... HOWEVER, I cannot figure out how she could know those details. Based on photos I’ve seen of the house, there are no actual windows on the garage area besides the garage door windows. In photos of the garage doors it appears that the windows are quite slim and very high on the doors. There’s photos/videos of CW on his phone (the day of the interview) in front of these doors and it appears that even his 5’10” self would not be able to see into those windows. I don’t have physical stats on NAU but she appears to be quite a bit shorter than CW... I really can’t understand how she was able to not only see the Lexus in the garage, but also be able to see the car seats in it as well.
I know this may seem like a very trivial item to even bother with, but it’s something I noticed almost immediately and has bothered me since (and as more details, interviews, and speculation re NAU came about, this little detail continues to nag at me)

My theory/ speculation/ whatever is this:
The happy life portrayed on SM and throughout the community is 99% a facade mostly for the mlm sales aspect. I think CW was jealous and controlling and that from the outside looking in it would just seem SW has got such a great husband and they’re so in love and that’s why she’s always catering to him and swooning over him and appeasing to him. Many of her thrive friends / people who have traveled with her, made remarks that they were so in love that she would often run off to her room just to call him because she missed him.....
I myself have learned the art of making my friends think I’m running off to the bathroom to call my boyfriend because I just miss him SO much I can’t stand to be away from him for a night out with the girls.... when in all actuality I HAD to go call him because it was a stipulation of my night out and if I didn’t call I knew there’d be issues that would result in him raging. Often the convo was heated but I’d return to my friends and gush over how sweet he is that he just has to say goodnight to me. I feel like SW did a lot of this- 1)to keep anyone from suspecting their strained relationship 2)to stroke CW typical narcissistic ego 3)to not create any waves with CW
I’m wondering if she played off this possessiveness of CW to “her people” as just this crazy love and bond. I know that’s how I justified everything to my people. (Me to friends- “oh he works so hard and really takes care of me, he deserves to have a nice meal made when he gets home every day” Reality- “I’m exhausted, sick, really depressed, and I can’t stand him anymore but if I don’t have dinner made he’s going to curse me up and down for being lazy all day, accuse me of spending the day cheating, tell me how useless I am and then ignore me for days so it’s just easier to have dinner made every night”)
I think SW suspected or caught CW cheating and that is what prompted the extended stay in NC, some time apart to decide where to go from there. I think SW wanted to save the marriage and initially CW did too so he deleted his SM accounts in an attempt to show her that he wouldn’t be talking with other women. BUT, I think he didn’t realize how tough it would be to give up that double life, or the gf(s), the single free life he had those weeks he was a bachelor when the family was in NC.
Now, IMO, I think while SW was in AZ she had some reason to believe that CW was up to no good with the women again. Maybe she found out he left the girls with a sitter and immediately assumed he must be cheating again. NAU states SW had a medical issue that weekend... perhaps that was something along the lines of an anxiety attack being SO upset miles away from home and your kids, knowing your marriage is going to ending. I know it’s extremely tiring putting up such an act and carrying the facade around even when behind closed doors it’s all falling apart.
I think SW gets home and immediately confronts CW and an arguement erupts (wait, I mean “emotional conversation”). I think the sheets were ripped off the bed by SW... if it were me I would suspect my SO brought the AP into our home and our bed and I believe 100% one of the first things I would do is strip my bed and toss the sheets!! SW tells him it’s over and its possible she decides to sleep on the couch in the hallway (hence her phone being found in the cushions). CW knows the gig is up. I think CW then decides he’s going to kill them all and since she’s already told him she’s leaving, he can make it appear as if she took the kids and ran off. Or he intended to only kill her but while in the moment, the girls awoke and he had no choice but to get rid of them as well. My opinion on this will of course change if it comes out that the girls TOD was much earlier than SW.

**this was way longer than I intended and I apologize for that! Congrats if you’ve read through my entire mess! I promise I’ll learn and do better next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419