Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more report from WRAL, Raleigh, NC:
-------------------------------------​
Plea deal reached in case of man accused of killing wife, children with NC ties

According to the NBC affiliate in Denver, Colorado, a plea deal has been reached in the case of Chris Watts, who is accused of killing his pregnant wife Shanann Watts and their children in August. The couple had ties to North Carolina and had been visiting family and friends there just weeks before the alleged murders.
Colorado man pleads guilty to killing pregnant wife, kids :: WRAL.com

-------------------------------------

<modsnip - quoted post removed >
That’s the sick thing, that she was vindicated today by his guilty pleas.

She was a victim from the beginning, yet was treated as a potential suspect.

She shouldn’t have needed vindication.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so the domestic violence is saying that he committed the murder against sw and it was dv. Not that he was a victim of dv and in turn killed her correct? Sorry that part was a little confusing to me. I like the DA and I don’t think he would have allowed for dv against sw to be in the plea

I give a lot of credit to Shanann's friend who came by because she foiled the plot. She screwed up the entire plan leaving him no time to carry out a better plan. Had she not been such a caring friend this would have been dragged out a lot longer and who knows if he would have ever been arrested
Good post - and a good, caring friend she was indeed. She must have noticed some subtleties in Shannon's manner, mood or things she may have said, that made her think that something was not right -- or perhaps Shannon discussed separation from him and moving back to NC where her parents were. Maybe she was on alert for anything and suspected something during those last days. She may well have stopped the next step in his immature and selfish actions against those he said he loved. Yes, a good friend who lost her good friend.

I am thrilled at the outcome of this!! Sick B******!!
But, does this mean that we'll (including SW family) never know what actually happened? Because none of that will come out at trial now?

Oh no. We are going to get a ton of info. The DA seemed intent on talking once the sentencing is finished.

yeah...I'm waiting for the reversals, but not holding my breath...

I think it's easier if, while only arguing a certain side, or supporting or making arguments for a certain side, one claims to be undecided. Kind of hedging ones bets.

Don't know if it's true but I've heard through local grapevine CW's family asked that media not be present.

What right do they have to dictate conditions?

Out of 46 threads, best post ever.

Amen.

I thought he said that would be decided by the prison administration.

Oh! Thanks for clearing that. I only heard a part.

Does the court make a recording of these types of proceedings?

But usually an audio recording. The court reporter transcribes it in their special code and then turns that into an actual transcript.

Ok so the domestic violence is saying that he committed the murder against sw and it was dv. Not that he was a victim of dv and in turn killed her correct? Sorry that part was a little confusing to me. I like the DA and I don’t think he would have allowed for dv against sw to be in the plea

He was no victim of DV. He pled guilty to all charges and the DV was because murder of an intimate partner is forms of domestic violence and is a sentencing enhancement.

SW's brother Frankie's first post on 8/16 stated that CW had admitted to killing all
of them. Police documents, according to this report, confirm that.
Chris Watts reaches plea deal to avoid death penalty in deaths of wife, 2 daughters

So he was right all along. Must have changed his tune after talking to his dad.
Then the SW scapegoat idea was born.
The affidavit would have told us had he initially confessed to killing them all, and then recanted.

I think there was miscommunication in the beginning, coupled with the knowledge that regardless of his story, he absolutely killed them all.

Press has already started badgering her again, but she's only going to comment if SW's family asks her to. Hopefully it will die back down soon. And the nasty social media comments too. There are more mean people in the world than I knew.
I would greatly appreciate if you would please tell your friend, Nickole Atkinson, she is a hero to me, and I’m sure to many others. I have great admiration for her strength and courage, and the good deed she did for Shanann, Bella, CeCe, and Rzucek Family. If not for Nickole, who knows what would have happened? I hope Nickole is rewarded with karmic blessings for the rest of her life!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
This is what bothers me about our justice system and should not be allowed unless there is some evidence. I recall several cases were a murder/rape suspect was able to use the defense that he was having an affair with the victim and she liked s&m and that it was an accident and why his dna was found.
CW should have to admit how he killed the girls,there will be those out there that will think he is only admitting to the girls to get the plea.If he tells how then no one can claim his innocence.

SW's brother Frankie's first post on 8/16 stated that CW had admitted to killing all
of them. Police documents, according to this report, confirm that.
Chris Watts reaches plea deal to avoid death penalty in deaths of wife, 2 daughters

So he was right all along. Must have changed his tune after talking to his dad.
Then the SW scapegoat idea was born.
This is one part if the story I’d like to better understand. What CW and dad said to each other and who came up with what. Grr.

But usually an audio recording. The court reporter transcribes it in their special code and then turns that into an actual transcript.
Will that recording be made public? I’d sure like to hear the Judge read all nine counts and hear CW’s voice crack as he replies “Guilty” to each one. Could CW really have felt remorse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member