Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plea!!!

#BREAKING NEWS:

Frederick murder suspect, Chris Watts, reaches plea deal.

Watts was accused of murdering his pregnant wife and young daughters.

@CBSDenver is gathering details on this developing story.

Dillon Thomas on Twitter

Chris Watts Reaches Plea Deal In Murder Case To Avoid Death Penalty
GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) – Chris Watts and his attorney’s have reached a plea deal in highly-watched murder case out of Frederick. Watts is accused of killing his wife, Shanann, and his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste.

Shanann was pregnant with their third child, a boy.

Details of the plea deal have not been released.

20181015__16TCAwattsw~1_300.jpg

Watts, 33, pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation and two counts of first-degree murder of a victim under the age of 12 in a position of trust for in the deaths of his wife Shanann and two daughters Celeste and Bella in August, according to a news release from the Weld County District Attorney's Office.

Watts also pleaded guilty to unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

The news release stated the plea deal was made with the agreement of the victims' family. In exchange for pleading guilty to all nine charges, prosecutors have agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Christopher Watts pleads guilty to murder of wife and daughters

Please continue the discussion here and please note that the victim-friendly rule applies to Shan'ann (and Nico), Bella, CeCe, Shan'ann's family members and friends, and the Watts family as well. The person responsible for all of these murders is Chris Watts. In addition to murdering his family, he has also victimized many other innocent people.

MOD NOTE

Do not sleuth CW's AP. She's remained mostly anonymous so far and we don't need to change that. There's no evidence that she had anything to do with the murders or knew that CW was going to murder his entire family.

@ZsaZsa in answer to your last question, no. But they couldn't present a case that he didn't do it knowing he did.

They could still force the state to prove its case or go for an insanity defense or hear of passion defense (unless in the case of heat of passion he stated he premeditated. ).

I think Shanann wanted the baby, no question about that in my mind. I don't recall seeing where it was said he wanted the baby more than she did. What ZI saw was that he convinced her the time was right to try for another. IDK. He clearly did not want a baby. He didn't the babies they already had.

I agree there were some very subconscious things going on with Shanann, but I believe he was doing things to help promote her perception of idealized reality. He helped create a baby, he smiled in the family pictures and on the San Diego trip, there were some very romantic pictures posted. In one picture, it appears he is rubbing her back. That's just before she left for NC. He could also probably be very miserable to be around, I can see him skulking about, giving her the stink eye, etc. At a minimum.

Her deck video was particularly painful for me to watch, especially since I already knew how things ended. And also knowing he was having an affair. It appears to me that she was in denial.

My thoughts are that he may not have left concrete evidence, or told her he was having an affair and he wanted out. She told a friend she was suspicious, but then appeared to try to deny that possibility. If he had left his cell phone out, would she have picked up that phone and looked at the text messages or call log knowing she might find something on there - concrete evidence? If a person is in denial, they don't want concrete evidence.

Concrete evidence requires a proud person to take action, JMO.
I saw on several FB posts where Shanann commented to friends that CW wanted the baby more than she did. I just think you know when you’re getting cheated on by subtle changes in behavior and how they’re suddenly spending their time differently than before. You don’t want to face it, but you know somethings off. I don’t think she knew for sure until that night, if at all. I think he was placating her and overcompensating with talk of the new baby because he knew how happy it would make her to hear him say it.

@gitana1 My post on the last thread in reference to how many murder cases the man has tried wasn't in reference to CW's attorneys with whom I'm well-acquaited, it was in reference to the sensationalist posting on the case. As I stated earlier, CW's counsel, the DA, and the judge are all experienced players. I in no way believe CW was "punked" in any manner.

Re the Scott Reisch videos, discussed at the end of the last thread, I have watched them all, and I noticed he was much more neutral in the earlier ones. I suspect he began to read his comments on youtube and adjusted his views and sensationalized further in order to capture additional "market share" of online CW discussion videos. He is just otherwise not a very compelling figure, and I think this was about finding a niche and catering to it to a degree. IMO.

@ZsaZsa in answer to your last question, no. But they couldn't present a case that he didn't do it knowing he did.

They could still force the state to prove its case or go for an insanity defense or hear of passion defense (unless in the case of heat of passion he stated he premeditated. ).
Is CW now forced to explain how the evidence aligns to his guilt? Like in a proffer statement or something.

Example.

Prosecutor: Is it true that the xyz Internet searches made on xyz day was done for premeditated murder purposes?

CW: Yes mr prosecutor.

Prosecutor: Is it true you made up a lie about her killing the girls?

CW: Yes mr prosecutor.

Prosecutor: And why did you lie about that?

Etc, etc, etc.

@gitana1 My post on the last thread in reference to how many murder cases the man has tried wasn't in reference to CW's attorneys with whom I'm well-acquaited, it was in reference to the sensationalist posting on the case. As I stated earlier, CW's counsel, the DA, and the judge are all experienced players. I in no way believe CW was "punked" in any manner.

I find Scott Reisch’s insight very helpful. He also has a good reputation. Looking at it from a defense standpoint, your job is to defend your client, and that client enters a guilty plea to avoid a death sentence that won’t happen regardless, that client maybe did get punked.

Top Rated Denver, CO Criminal Defense Attorney | Scott Reisch | Super Lawyers

I find Scott Reisch’s insight very helpful. He also has a good reputation. Looking at it from a defense standpoint, your job is to defend your client, and that client enters a guilty plea to avoid a death sentence that won’t happen regardless, that client maybe did get punked.

I truly do not believe the public defender's office would be that naive. They have a reputation to protect. Just as I believe this county would give the DA all the resources he needed to prosecute this case in the most reputable fashion possible, I believe the county would do the same for the defense. I think the best and brightest were consulted in every important move. Personally, I think it is most likely that CW started hearing the evidence come in as well as possibly unflattering personal information and wanted desperately to shut it down. I am not sure why this happened so early in the process, but I just don't believe it was just to take the death penalty off the table, given its unlikely use in CO. Hopefully, we find out more down the road. Perhaps if he did want to shut it down quickly - it goes to the motivations of family annihilators to have an inability to deal with the tarnishing of their reputations.

I saw on several FB posts where Shanann commented to friends that CW wanted the baby more than she did. I just think you know when you’re getting cheated on by subtle changes in behavior and how they’re suddenly spending their time differently than before. You don’t want to face it, but you know somethings off. I don’t think she knew for sure until that night, if at all. I think he was placating her and overcompensating with talk of the new baby because he knew how happy it would make her to hear him say it.
Not surprisingly, cheaters are really good at doing so in such a manner that their partner has little to no reason to doubt them. Once any questions are asked, they are great at gaslighting. I know this from experience.

Things that others can see completely differently after the fact, or perhaps even during, aren't so obvious to those under the sway of the cheater. My mother was the only person that ever suspected him because she knew from her own experience, and I thought she was just suspicious of men in general because she surely wasn't reading the man that was my best friend and mate correctly. lol I didn't know then what I know now, and it's that way with most people. I doubt SW was any different.

The point is we don't know that's the sole reason he wanted the deal. What we know is that is the only concession he got in exchange for pleading guilty to all charges. It was a great deal for the state because they hadn't even announced whether they would seek it since it's not really carried out here at this time. They may not have even used it. To people not in on all of the facts of a case (which is anyone who's not directly involved in the case at this point), it's easy to speculate that's the only reason he asked for a plea deal but the truth is we don't know his exact motivation at this time. Perhaps we never will.

I truly do not believe the public defender's office would be that naive. They have a reputation to protect. Just as I believe this county would give the DA all the resources he needed to prosecute this case in the most reputable fashion possible, I believe the county would do the same for the defense. I think the best and brightest were consulted in every important move. Personally, I think it is most likely that CW started hearing the evidence come in as well as possibly unflattering personal information and wanted desperately to shut it down. I am not sure why this happened so early in the process, but I just don't believe it was just to take the death penalty off the table, given its unlikely use in CO. Hopefully, we find out more down the road. Perhaps if he did want to shut it down quickly - it goes to the motivations of family annihilators to have an inability to deal with the tarnishing of their reputations.

That’s quite likely what’s happened. The quickness of it was surprising. Even the DA said in his career a case has never resolved this quickly. Hope you are doing well Best of What’s Around!

He didn’t plead to avoid the death penalty, he knew that was never going to happen to him. Think about it, the DA gave a press conference immediately after the hearing stating that the DP never happens anyway. Chris’s family heard that press conference and by extension Chris, don’t you think they would be screaming for anyone to hear if they felt their son was not counseled properly on that point? We would have seen a flurry of activity by his family if that were the case. I believe he has other motives, such as very damning evidence or discoveries made in the investigation he does nor want in open court.

The point is we don't know that's the sole reason he wanted the deal. What we know is that is the only concession he got in exchange for pleading guilty to all charges. It was a great deal for the state because they hadn't even announced whether they would seek it since it's not really carried out here at this time. They may not have even used it. To people not in on all of the facts of a case (which is anyone who's not directly involved in the case at this point), it's easy to speculate that's the only reason he asked for a plea deal but the truth is we don't know his exact motivation at this time. Perhaps we never will.

But I want to know all the details! We will just have to be satisfied that both families will be spared the torture of a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam