Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. His media appeals were calculated, as he was trying to sell a story. He failed miserably, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying.

Had be been on the Autism spectrum, this wouldn’t have been the first time it was visible.

We’ve heard nothing to indicate that this was the case.

He’s no more autistic than Scott Peterson, unless Autism is a euphemism for sociopathic narcicist.
Autism would have definitely have been diagnosed at a very young age. I thought we were talking about Aspergers, which is much harder to diagnose. Imo

Last edited:
I think that he came under the autism umbrella to such a degree that he would behave like that when his family was missing, it would have been picked up years ago. Not just when he murders his family and laughs and preens in a press conference and lies his head off.
Yes, I thought we were discussing Aspergers, which is much milder and many types are difficult to diagnose. Autism is quite different. Some people manage to go through half their life before being diagnosed with Aspergers. But Autism requires a lifetime of learning appropriate behavior.

Auti

Autism would have definitely have been diagnosed at a very young age. I thought we were talking about Aspergers, which is much harder to diagnose. Imo
Same thing, different position under the umbrella. Many kids are diagnosed with autism which later becomes a diagnosis of Aspergers, but they are different forms of the same syndrome.

It’s probably not that “we’re missing something.” It’s just that we aren’t privy to it yet.

It has to be something big.

Maybe it just fits with an annihilator's psyche. My theory is they choose death rather than be unmasked. With annihilated identies, and often enmeshed with a parent, they live in narcissistic panic of any imperfection showing - like leaving a pregnant wife for an affair, even if the in-laws hate his spouse.

But because they're used to manipulating and having all their lies accepted by mommy or daddy, they stupidly think they will be believed.

But a trial with all that live testimony and full blown photos of the bodies on huger screens. And all the world and his parents sitting there. Watching it. And he did it.

It could be that's the only reason he pled so quickly. Every hearing was going to be closer to trial. Shameful. Preliminary hearing. Everything coming out.

I don't think he anything to lose either, not with the current status of the death penalty in Colorado.

Not too long ago, with this case in mind, I looked at what was going on in other states that have the death penalty. Nebraska really jumped out. It's next door to Colorado to the east. They had the death penalty, but there hadn't been an execution since 1979, so like Colorado, it wasn't carried out for many years.

In 2015, the Nebraska state legislature actually replaced the death penalty with LWOP. A petition gathered enough signatures to put it on the ballot for for 2016, and an overwhelming majority of voters determined the fate of the death penalty. They wanted it.

In August of this year, I believe on the same day CW was giving his porch interviews, a man who had been on death row for 39 years in Nebraska was executed by lethal injection.

When CW and his defense team were discussing the plea, I imagine the probability of the death penalty actually being carried out was something they also discussed. He would have been informed about the current status, in Colorado, I'm sure, but I wonder if they also brought up what just happened in Nebraska to point out there were no guarantees?

I'm sure they did. Everything. Including the differences between death row and regular prison (which I'm not sure about in CO).

Last edited:
Maybe it just fits with an annihilator's psyche. My theory is they choose death rather than be unmasked. With annihilated identies, and often enmeshed with a parent they live in narcissistic panic of any imperfection showing - like leaving a pregnant wife for an affair, even if the in-laws hate his spouse.

But because they're used to manipulating and having all their lies accepted by mommy or daddy, they stupidly think they will be believed.

But a trial with all that live testimony and full blown photos of the bodies on huger screens. And all the world and his parents sitting there. Watching it. And he did it.

It could be that's the only reason he pled so quickly. Every hearing was going to be closer to trial. Shameful. Preliminary hearing. Everything coming out.

I'm sure they did. Everything. Including the differences between death row and regular prison (which I'm not sure about in CO).
Yep, like putting his hands over his ears and saying 'I don't want to hear it or see it, make it go away.'

I find Scott Reisch’s insight very helpful. He also has a good reputation. Looking at it from a defense standpoint, your job is to defend your client, and that client enters a guilty plea to avoid a death sentence that won’t happen regardless, that client maybe did get punked.

Top Rated Denver, CO Criminal Defense Attorney | Scott Reisch | Super Lawyers

But CW's defense team is very experienced. Surely they know all about the lack of Death Sentences being carried out in Colorado. How would they be punked?

(For those discussing Asperger’s:

“Asperger syndrome, or Asperger’s, is a previously used diagnosis on the autism spectrum. In 2013, it became part of one umbrella diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5 (DSM-5).“

Snip

“Though the diagnosis of Asperger syndrome is no longer used, many previously diagnosed people still identify strongly and positively with being an “Aspie.”“

What Is Asperger Syndrome? | Autism Speaks

—-

Doctor Behind Asperger's Syndrome Subject To Name Change

—-

Asperger's syndrome dropped from American Psychiatric Association manual

—-

http://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/aspergers-links-to-nazis-causes-society-to-consider-name-change )

No to just about all of that. In my experience with my husband and with friends who are on the spectrum, it's VERY difficult for them to lie. And rather than appearing well rested and calm the next day, when a stressful event occurs, it generally takes my husband days to "come down" from it. He fixates, almost obsesses. He definitely wouldn't be able to compartmentalize and act like nothing happened. People mistakenly think that Apsies can't feel stuff the way that "normal" people do, but it's not as cut and dry as that. They just process things a little differently. Those on the spectrum definitely have a moral compass; my husband's is stronger than most people I know. They know the difference between right and wrong. They feel grief and fear and sadness and terror and all the things that everyone else feels. Killing 4 people, driving a good distance to hide the bodies, going to work like nothing happened, and then lying to the public, friends, LE, and a television viewing audience shows a deviance and deceptiveness that do NOT exist as any kind of "symptoms" that I am familiar with or have seen.

They actual are very literal. So lying would not be typical. If they think you are fat, they will tell you. ( if you ask) But there are also so many new types so I can't speak for everyone who has Aspergers. But from what I do know they usually are not manipulative because they see no problem with being straight forward or that their actions are innapropriate. Imo

Thanks you two. Interesting information.

Weld County Jail: All visits will be a maximum of thirty minutes long and will be subject to monitoring and recording. Detentions - Sheriff

Just what each was allowed. 30 minutes. So it was recorded.

Yep, like putting his hands over his ears and saying 'I don't want to hear it or see it, make it go away.'

It's also kind of like ripping off a bandaid. If's less painful and the stress of the anticipation is a lot shorter if you just tip it off yourself in one fell swoop, and not let someone else slowly peel it off.

I've seen a definite trend in folks attempting to diagnose child killers. Some are trying to claim that Ross Harris suffers from ADHD when he remembered everything else that day in extreme detail, including other customers and exactly where they sat inside the Chick-fil-A that morning. But somehow he conveniently 'forgot' (or rather lied about) everything that had to do with his son that day.

Unless there is some yet unknown disorder that causes people to act with unimaginable selfishness and cruelty, I'm simply going to think of them as monsters. MOO

Weld County Jail: All visits will be a maximum of thirty minutes long and will be subject to monitoring and recording. Detentions - Sheriff

That is so good.:):):)
So inmates, speaking to visitors in confidence, are unable to plan, to arrange to hurt others outside, is that correct as all is recorded.
Certain inmates, due to perhaps being in prison, may blame others, and wish them harm.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member