Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pregnancy video was filmed on June 11th. Right around this time according to NK, he introduced himself in the middle of June and told her he was at end of their divorce proceedings. He was truely living 2 different lives. He was a single man for 6 weeks and all his lies to NK were blowing up with SW back in town for good.

What SW walked into that night I can’t even imagine.
I bet he did not have her over to his house. Too weird with all SW’s stuff clearly still there. Probably went to NK’s apartment/home.

Yes, it is scary. Her testimony at trial would have been extremely damning.
  • He said he was separated and at the end of divorce proceedings.
  • He told her the mutual divorce was almost final, and they were working out financial details.
  • At the end of July, he called to tell her that his divorce was final.
  • He asked her to help him find an apartment that would be good for him and his daughters
  • On Aug 13, he texted her to say that he had been busy. They chatted like normal throughout the day.
  • At 3:45 he texted her that his family was "gone."
  • He appeared nonchalant and emotionless.
  • She peppered her boyfriend with questions but said he would try to change the subject.
  • And more... :eek:
MOO

Now, as I know he was very open towards Nichol regarding his daughters, I'm starting to overthink my prior thoughts, that he really wanted to get rid of his entire family. a I always believed, that he killed the girls first - I still believe it somehow. But I can also see him ambushing Shannan (because he didn't know how to get out of his marriage, since he wasn't probably very honest to her!) and one or both of the little girls stepping right into the scene (perhaps Bella, since she was already a little bit older and could have been a witness to the crime?)

I am concerned because one can obviously date someone and not know everything about him, but I am more concerned because one can live for 5 years with a man, have two kids with him and be on the way to have the third one, and have no clue what the guy is capable of.

How we as women protect ourselves from situations like this?
That's a good question. It also applies to men, although women are, by far, greater targets! And how do we protect the children?

Chris Watts’ parents expected to make statement at Monday’s sentencing, letter claims son was coerced into plea
Cindy and Ronnie Watts, the parents of Frederick triple homicide suspect Chris Watts, filed an entry of appearance Wednesday in Weld District Court in hopes of making a statement at their son's sentencing hearing on Monday.

On Thursday, the Weld District Attorney's Office announced the sentencing hearing, which takes place at 10 a.m. Monday, has been moved to Division 16 from Division 17. Overflow will be held in Division 17, where a feed will be set up to allow stragglers to listen to the hearing.

The sentencing hearing is scheduled for two hours. It will be followed by a 1 p.m. news conference with the Weld District Attorney's Office.

Also on Monday, the court received an email from a “K Almand,” an assumed representative for Cindy and Ronnie Watts. In the letter to Judge Kopcow, Almand claims the Colorado Public Defenders Office, which is defending Watts, has denied Cindy and Ronnie access to their son.

Cindy, Ronnie and an unnamed sister finally gained access to Watts for 30 minutes each the night before the sentencing hearing, Almand claims. Cindy asked her son if a plea deal is what he wanted.

“Do not ask him that or we will shut this (expletive) down now,” said an unnamed attorney before Watts could respond, according to Almand’s letter.

Almand said that type of “bullying” has been common in the Watts family’s dealings with the public defender’s office.

Perhaps NK was 1/4 of the motive, and there were three other AP's out there the made up the remainder. CW ultimately wanted a new life of freedom, and no responsibility. MOO

He was done with his family., He finalized it. He didn't view them as human but his property to dispose of as he pleased. Probably did not help that his own mother didn't care for them and didn't hold her tongue about her hatred of SW.

NK said CW needed her to help find an apartment for him and his daughters.

I would think he would look for an apartment for himself that has an extra bedroom to accommodate his share of visits.

It just makes it sound like the Mother is out of the picture and the girls will be living with him.

Could he have come back from the visit back home with an idea formulated to get rid of S that expanded after he spent one on one time and got a taste of life with the girls and no S?

That statement about the apartment makes me think premeditated.

IMO

Lol, the first person I thought of was Fran. Also Nancy Grace and Sarah Silverman. Just put all those together, @MsBetsy!

O/T, UltraViolet, my mother's favorite expression was Uff dah. Thanks for the smile. :) MOO
Thanks, I have a better idea of it now. I was thinking it must have been like Christopher Walkin or some evil sounding voice.

That's what stood out to me watching the full-length of Cindy Watts' extended interview a second time. Her questions and grieving are completely understandable, but it seems like it would be much healthier for her to be talking to a professional rather than a reporter with world-wide coverage.

It's very important that it is public, and that element stays in my mind like the seed of a distressing pearl...
Absolutely.

Chris Watts’ parents expected to make statement at Monday’s sentencing, letter claims son was coerced into plea
Cindy and Ronnie Watts, the parents of Frederick triple homicide suspect Chris Watts, filed an entry of appearance Wednesday in Weld District Court in hopes of making a statement at their son's sentencing hearing on Monday.

On Thursday, the Weld District Attorney's Office announced the sentencing hearing, which takes place at 10 a.m. Monday, has been moved to Division 16 from Division 17. Overflow will be held in Division 17, where a feed will be set up to allow stragglers to listen to the hearing.

The sentencing hearing is scheduled for two hours. It will be followed by a 1 p.m. news conference with the Weld District Attorney's Office.

Also on Monday, the court received an email from a “K Almand,” an assumed representative for Cindy and Ronnie Watts. In the letter to Judge Kopcow, Almand claims the Colorado Public Defenders Office, which is defending Watts, has denied Cindy and Ronnie access to their son.

Cindy, Ronnie and an unnamed sister finally gained access to Watts for 30 minutes each the night before the sentencing hearing, Almand claims. Cindy asked her son if a plea deal is what he wanted.

“Do not ask him that or we will shut this (expletive) down now,” said an unnamed attorney before Watts could respond, according to Almand’s letter.

Almand said that type of “bullying” has been common in the Watts family’s dealings with the public defender’s office.

BBM is this setting the stage for ineffective counsel?

I am concerned because one can obviously date someone and not know everything about him, but I am more concerned because one can live for 5 years with a man, have two kids with him and be on the way to have the third one, and have no clue what the guy is capable of.

How we as women protect ourselves from situations like this?

We join the fight for awareness and legal protections regarding DV and abusive relationships. We help de-normalize controlling relationships and gender-based violence. We make sure we're there for victims/survivors in our own lives. We take NUA's lead and stop "minding our own business" when we suspect something is wrong in the lives of the people around us. We don't make excuses for our fathers, brothers, and friends when they harm women. We hold victim-blamers and shamers accountable. We make each other's fight for safety our own personal mission!

I would think he would look for an apartment for himself that has an extra bedroom to accommodate his share of visits.

It just makes it sound like the Mother is out of the picture and the girls will be living with him.

Could he have come back from the visit back home with an idea formulated to get rid of S that expanded after he spent one on one time and got a taste of life with the girls and no S?

IMO
I think there's a good chance that the plan was to get rid of SW. I just can't figure out how, not having much of a criminal mind. Adjust her meds to kill her, then carry her away in the night to the oil tanks?

Last edited:

@gitana1 Are there rules about which victims you are allowed to speak about at a sentencing hearing? Can Ronnie and Cindy talk about CW or themselves as though they are the victims, rather than Shannan, Bella, and CeCe?

IMO
I wondered when someone was going to bring this up. I’ve thought about it. We might just be worrying about words. Maybe he said for me and the girls, but he didn’t mean they would live there together permanently. Who knows. When most everything he says is a lie, it’s hard to know.

No, IMO she was then presenting it as SW murdering them. I'm nearly positive about that. She only started to deal with HIM killing them the day before the plea hearing.
Good point. But he was already charged with their murders, so it had to be very uncomfortable for people. She might have been the only one there who believed his story?

Thanks, I have a better idea of it now. I was thinking it must have been like Christopher Walkin or some evil sounding voice.
Very flat voice, higher pitched, using many, many, "like" "you know" "I mean", really I think Valley Girl is a good comparison. The other host(ess) has a lower, well-modulated voice but still rambles on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74