GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they were not deceased long enough for there to be a scent? The dogs both tracking and scent are usually very good, especially in an enclosed area such as a home. There is no weather, wind, rain or other scents to deal with.
Yes that's what I was saying, it seems like they probably were still alive when Shanann came home. MOO

Any chance he didnt kill them until in his truck or at the site?
Highly unlikely. That would have been incredibly risky, and most importantly, tremendously difficult.

I’m pretty sure the discovery document mentions three trips to the truck in order to load the bodies.

I’d bet my life on the fact that they were all dead before they left that house.

OMG I just remembered, I am going to K-9 demonstration this week. LE will be bringing in two dogs and I can ask, I am sure they will have a question and answer. Not sure though what exactly the two dogs specialty's will be but should be interesting and I will raise the question.

Discovery page 609.

Chris said we could examine the bodies and compare the hand marks on their necks. I asked Chris if he was sure they would have hand marks and they weren’t smothered and he said, “They shouldn’t have been smothered, no...”

That scenario hit too close to home...

The text logs between CW and SW were heartbreaking to read. She was sincerely trying to save their marriage and show him love and appreciation while he was cold, distant and sometimes blatantly ignoring her. At nearly the same time she was searching Groupon for a weekend getaway with him, he was searching for date night spots with NK. How lonely and uncertian her last few weeks alive must have been for her, and while pregnant too. That must have been so gut wrenching.
I have yet to see an ounce of empathy displayed from CW at all throughout this whole course of events. He truly is a monster.
I know, it was so sad.
And the thing that broke my heart is the last of the discovery document where they found the book SW had sent CW to help their marriage: Hold MeTight.
He had thrown it away UNOPENED in the trash, just as he threw away his toddlers and pregnant wife like garbage.
He is despicable.:mad:

moo

RE the letter, I never even saw it. Is there some acceptable link to where it was put online?
Ha I've seen the "letter". I can't provide you with an acceptable link to it though! It was very short and written in quite awkward-looking handwriting. Don't know if he really wrote it but the signature at the end did appear similar to CW's signature on his court docs. Anyway I think it's a meaningless distraction.

Highly unlikely. That would have been incredibly risky, and most importantly, tremendously difficult.

I’m pretty sure the discovery document mentions three trips to the truck in order to load the bodies.

I’d bet my life on the fact that they were all dead before they left that house.

Yes three trips to the truck. I will assume the girls were in the trash bags and SW in the sheet that were all blowing in the wind.....I want to gag at what I just wrote.

Yes three trips to the truck. I will assume the girls were in the trash bags and SW in the sheet that were all blowing in the wind.....I want to gag at what I just wrote.
I’m not sure the trash bags are relevant.

That was my initial theory as well, but unless I missed it, there is no mention of the trash bags in his confession, or anywhere else (other than them being recovered).

Maybe they were not deceased long enough for there to be a scent? The dogs both tracking and scent are usually very good, especially in an enclosed area such as a home. There is no weather, wind, rain or other scents to deal with.
(PommyMommy's post earlier, BBM)

Officer Kate Lines, Pg 39 (Discovery pg 84) - I entered the home with Jayne and her K9 (a cadaver dog). As we moved through the home, Jayne explained what type of scent the dog alerts to. Jayne mentioned several times that the dog alerted to areas where there may have been some sort of trauma or struggle such as an argument, explaining that scent from people, pools and collects in areas. Jayne’s dog was later taken to Chris’s work truck, which was parked just east of his home. Jayne stated that the dog detected but gave no hard command, however, the dog did not enter the vehicle, and the doors were closed.
------------------------

I think Jayne's dog was not trained to alert in the areas where people actually died, but only if there was struggle or heated argument.

That was my initial theory as well, but unless I missed it, there is no mention of the trash bags in his confession, or anywhere else (other than them being recovered).

Ok I will keep an open mind on the trash bags but thought I read that awhile ago but not in the docs and can not remember where. And I think I did read in the docs that there was a roll of trash bags in his work truck,,,pretty sure. I wish I had one of those photographic memories,,,,or a memory at all for that matter.

Ok I will keep an open mind on the trash bags but thought I read that awhile ago but not in the docs and can not remember where. And I think I did read in the docs that there was a roll of trash bags in his work truck,,,pretty sure. I wish I had one of those photographic memories,,,,or a memory at all for that matter.
They found trashbags at the site, and a roll of trashbags in his truck (page 967).

We just don’t have any evidence that he used them to transport the bodies themselves.

Somewhere in the discovery doc, there is a log of evidence that lists hair found from the "inside" of one of the two trash bags. I did not see a similar log for anything from the other trash bag. But I do think that very strongly leads to thinking he put his babies in garbage bags. Absolutely horrid.

Yes he had a roll of bags in truck that they were testing against the 2 found on site. No results in the doc though.

He is officially on the CDOC Inmate Locator site, New mug shot. Less facial hair. Same cold eyes.
CDOC Offender Search
Name: WATTS, CHRISTOPHER L
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLACK
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 225
DOC Number: 182906
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date:
Next Parole
Hearing Date:
This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date:
Est. Sentence
Discharge Date: 12/31/9998
Current Facility
Assignment: JAIL BACKLOG

Appears that CW has not yet been transferred from Weld County Jail.

OMG I just remembered, I am going to K-9 demonstration this week. LE will be bringing in two dogs and I can ask, I am sure they will have a question and answer. Not sure though what exactly the two dogs specialty's will be but should be interesting and I will raise the question.
I'm jealous. I just melt whenever I see those wonderful working dogs.

Somewhere in the discovery doc, there is a log of evidence that lists hair found from the "inside" of one of the two trash bags. I did not see a similar log for anything from the other trash bag. But I do think that very strongly leads to thinking he put his babies in garbage bags. Absolutely horrid.
I just searched the document for “hair.” The only discovery of hair that I can find, is on the thief hatch of the tank opening.

I can’t find anything in relation to hair in trash bags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members