GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoGirl

ColoGirl Well-Known Member

2. Mitch11

Mitch11 Well-Known Member

I have just been putting together this list of 'potential' difficulties that CW 'may' have faced in childhood. This information is gleened from the information we have discussed so far. Please feel free to correct any information that maybe incorrect or add your own opinion/findings etc. Obviously we do not know these things definitively happened to CW, so they are suggestions of his potential upbringing (rather than fact).

Family enmeshment:

Signs we know of:
    Mother over-involvement in CW life and relationship with SW.

Mother disrespects and undermines others beliefs/parenting techniques and boundaries (eg nut incident, comments about SW as a mother)

Power games with them both (e.g. wedding planning, not attending wedding or children's parties, nut incident),

Their identity as a family may be built upon their children’s success. Eg their talk on his past achievements (eg sports, nascar).

Threatened when CW married and moved across the country (eg CW responsible for dads increase in drinking, their comments about SW)

CW may have taken on a caretaker role towards RW’s drinking

Family dynamics look like they were built on power and submission, rather than equality and respect.

Effects of enmeshment on an adult: A failure to adequately develop an individual sense of identity and self-esteem, A difficulty regulating one’s own emotions, feeling controlled by others causing them to emotionally withdraw, negatively affect on relationships, difficulty developing appropriate and balanced friendships and difficulties with trust outside immediate family, fear of intimacy as relationships seen as emotionally draining, may seek out relationships in which they are responsible for caring for a partner, repeating what was learned in childhood.

Fathers substance abuse issues:
    The nature of substance abuse can reduce a child's experience with making friends, so later they may have difficulty with intimate relationships. CW does have issues in these areas

Addiction tendencies may be familial -both socially modelled and possible genetic trait?

Impact of growing up with this: overlaps with enmeshment traits, particularly around loss of identity, feelings of responsibility, used to playing the role of the caregiver, may have an excessive need to be in control in order to balance out the chaos in their lives. Or they may constantly need approval, to reassure themselves that they have value. Some become aggressive.

Attachment
    Mrs Watts described as cold and overbearing. Although its reported he has a close relationship with his dad, he will still be impacted by his relationship with his mother. There are numerous issues that arise from having an in-secure attachment.

Social modelling
    His family have socially modeled the following:

Women are domineering.

Men avoid to cope, rather than confront (eg Dad used substances as a form of escape most likely).

Unkind behaviour towards others

No respect for personal boundaries

Social and emotional development

Guaranteed CW grew up in an invalidating environment.

Emotions likely to not be acknowledged let alone expressed, which is a huge issue as this causes someone to lack emotional awareness and stunts development.

Love and kindness probably 'rewarded' only when doing something right. Therefore, love becomes associated with doing what someone else wants, not inherently given. This will be linked to wanting to be seen as ‘good’.

Socially he had few friends and lacked a dating history. The question remains why was that? Lack of interest, fear of parental opinion? Etc. This isn’t always an issue, however in this case it is suggests why he was so excited by the prospect of the affair he was having and the thrill he was getting from this.

Supposedly his sister was 'naughty'. This may be a sign of issues at home (although cannot definitely say this). However, children take up roles in a family. CW has taken up the 'good' boy role, which would be a partial contributor to why he wants to save face and be seen as ‘good’

Empathy

Others say he was kind and caring

Seems empathic towards NK. Why? (Concerned about her being dragged in to the case).

Important to differentiate between empathy and sympathy. Psychopaths and sociopaths use empathy (not sympathy) to learn about a person and use this in a self-fulfilling manner (eg for their own purpose).

Psychopath vs sociopath – no criminal history that we are aware, indicates CW is not a psychopath, but rather a sociopath.

** There is obviously a lot more that can be added to this””

3. rogue ant

rogue ant Well-Known Member

4. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Did Chris and Ronnie discuss what happened on the ride from the airport?
    Discovery pg 605 (pg 538)
    Chris asked to speak with his dad, agents leave the room. Chris tells his story to his dad, agents come back in and discuss then leave again, Ronnie stays with Chris. At this point Chris asks his dad “Did you tell mom yet”. Ronnie answers no.
    Ronnie has not left the room, when did he have a chance to tell Cindy if he didn’t know before he entered the room. I also think it is odd that when Chris said smothered twice Ronnie said “choke or smothered”, why would he question what Chris was saying, was Chris going off script? Maybe I am looking at it with bias but I don’t know why he wouldn’t just accept Chris saying they were smothered. Chris was very close to his father, it is hard to believe he would not confide and seek his advice.

I’ve commented before about the agents technique, how masterful they were. Watching how child like Chris is is both sad and disturbing. The agents knew to approach him as if speaking to a child, soft spoken voices, rubbing his back, constant reassurances.

x_files, Toenail, Quirkymom and 10 others like this.
  5. BrownRice

BrownRice Well-Known Member

6. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Jay is 4 Justice

HayLouise and PommyMommy like this.
  7. Jupiter05

Jupiter05 Well-Known Member

Click on where it says "watch this video on you tube"
    CW Goes to jail :)

Drone search

HopeForUs, HayLouise, LeeAnnB and 2 others like this.
  8. Larry Levine

Larry Levine Verified Criminal Litigator & Prison Consultant

Highly unlikely he's on his way to N.C. Why would they want him? His crimes and conviction is out of Colorado. No state DOC wants to inherit another state's problem. He will turn up. He's probably in transit to his new home. CO DOC has five level 5 facilities to hold lifers. Based on his classification, its looks like that is where he will be going.

Due to security and safety concerns, the DOC doesn't annouce moves in advance, or announce destinations, as there are concerns with all prisoner transfers of someone possibly trying to break an inmate out.

9. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Second interview with NK. Full video.

She brings in her two phones and is asked if they can look at everything and she wants to know why. She’s soooo casual. She said she had no reason to delete anything else from her phone. The reason she deleted “all that stuff with Chris is because he was making me feel really uncomfortable and I didn’t want to see it in my phone anymore”.

She was specifically asked if she ever made any comments regarding children, dislike of children or love of children. She finds a text to her best friend, Charlotte, made “weeks ago”. It was in fact August 7. The officer says she references that he has 2 kids and she doesn’t like that because she wants to have that experience with somebody else? She says she wasn’t sure if he was the one she wanted to be with because he’d done everything. “It would be really nice to kind of, like, have kids and have my own marriage and all of that stuff”.

She said, “I really wanted them to fix it. I would have just, like, left the situation”.

She says she lost her job yesterday. She hopes people don’t see her name on a resumé and won’t hire her. “They told me that they would keep me and then they called me back and let me go. They said they let me go because they hired me to do a contract job and now that contract was over”. [What an amazing coincidence ... and pigs will fly]

10. JudgeJudi

CW gives his consent for the dogs and their handlers to enter the house. Prior to the dogs entering, he takes officers on a walkthrough of the house.

Poor little Dieter is clearly distressed. His barking is different and occasionally almost sounds like a cry at the end.

11. JudgeJudi

Second clearance of the house. This was filmed at night and the house is in darkness. All officers enter the home with their guns drawn.

12. JudgeJudi

Body cam video of arrest and drive to jail

13. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

WEBSLEUTHS VERIFIED MEMBER LARRY LEVINE WILL BE ON HLN TODAY 11:00 AM PACIFIC TO DISCUSS THE TRANSFER OF CHRIS WATTS TO A DIFFERENT PRISON. YOU WILL BE SURPRISE AT THE POSSIBLE REASON WHY WATTS IS BEING TRANSFERRED.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce you to Websleuths new verified member Mr. Larry Levine.

Larry is familiar already to a lot of you I am sure. He has been a guest on pretty much every single major news organization, cable news outlet and other outlets too numerous to mention. Plus he is the founder of Wallstreet Prison Consultants & Coaching

What makes Larry Levin so special to Websleuths? Let's just say he knows the about the criminal justice system in many different aspects. For Larry, it's personal. I'll let me tell you more in his own words;

"I’m pleased to be on the Websleuths forum and give expert guidance and advice on the Courts, prisons, and the Criminal Justice system, as well as provide commentary regarding people who have been victims of crimes along with defendants sentenced to enter custody.
    I’m a former Federal Inmate, and I served a 10 year Federal Sentence in the BOP at 11 different correctional institutions of multiple custody levels. Before I entered federal custody, I operated a Private Investigation firm in Los Angeles, California. My career as a criminal litigation/prison consultant career began when I was arrested by a Federal Organized Crime Task Force for charges related to securities fraud, obstruction of justice, narcotics trafficking, and possession of automatic weapons, and was sentenced to a ten-year sentence in Federal Custody.
    continue... Welcome From Larry Levine "

We have given Larry his own forum on Websleuths. In the coming weeks, he will be posting valuable information that will help us understand the ins and outs with prosecutors, defense attornies, law enforcement and the courts in general. The more we know about the system the better we can discuss cases on Websleuths.

Larry Levine is part of our very valued group of Websleuths verified posters.

Please feel free to ask Larry questions as they pertain to the Watts murders on this thread. Please keep your questions on this thread to the Watts family murders. Remember to tag him @Larry Levine

For general questions or discussions please go to his forum on Websleuths called "Street Justice"

Thank you,

Tricia

Attached Files:

14. Denvergirl

Denvergirl Well-Known Member

I was following this closely, but haven't been on in a while, so forgive me if this has already been shared. But have you guys seen that some of the police body cam videos are released on Youtube? This one is so fascinating, it's Chris Watts watching his neighbors surveillance video! And then when Chris leaves the neighbor talks about his suspicions.....

15. Tricia

Big shout out from Larry Levine on HLN!!!!!! THANK YOU

16. Tricia

STOP WITH THE SEX TOY TALK. Jeesh I feel like I am at an adult Tupperware party or something.

I don't know what to tell you all to do other than discuss the facts of the case and stop with the obsession with NK. Of course, you can still talk about NK as she is connected to the case but stop with the obsession. So much more to discuss like what happened today.

Thank you,
    Tricia

17. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

Did someone save his appearance? I missed the show.

18. TootsieBell

TootsieBell Member

Did they do a toxicology test on SW? It’s not because I think she was on anything but that possibly CW drugged her prior to strangling her. I guess it just perplexes me that there was no obvious struggle. Even if she was sleeping, wouldn’t that wake/startle/scare the bejesus out of someone enough to wake? It’s downright terrifying how we don’t really know who we are sleeping next to.

19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

They did toxicology tests on both kids and Shanann.

Shanann’s results were thrown off by decomposition.

The kids’ results were thrown off by decomposition and the chemicals in the oil.

Nothing was found that would indicate they were drugged.

20. Check21

Check21 Well-Known Member

One last comment from me on the NK interview. She stated she did not see CW on Friday and she had a friend that stayed over that night. I wonder who the friend was? Was she seeing someone else?
    (Sorry i don't know where in the 2nd interview she said it and cannot tolerate listening to it again to find out)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.