GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was with a man for a few years that could not adult. He turned me into a controlling person because I was put into the positionon of having to manage his life because if it was not managed it affected me. I ended it, thank goodness. But controlling has many seasons and reasons and degrees.

Been there. Eventually you resent them, and yourself for giving in to their needy-ness. But if you don't give in, you pay the price when their lack of adulting hurts you.

Any theories on why Watts would have been dragging the body (presumably SW's) toward the front of the truck rather than just hoisting her into the truck bed? Seems risky to move into potential camera view!

Dave
If that is what he was doing, maybe he wanted her in the back of the cab (inside), since she was only wrapped in a sheet. Perhaps he thought the sheet would blow around and come off if she were in the open back truck bed. While the girls were in trash bags so it didn’t matter to him. I don’t know. But I thought I read somewhere that he put all 3 bodies inside his truck behind his drivers seat (the extended cab part). No?

But releasing and then publishing on an online source are 2 different things to me. I've seen this 2000~ page doc now on 2 sites. One is on "scribd.com" by a Matt Sebastian. Never heard of either the site, or Matt, and there are videos on YouTube and countless other sites. Unless I've missed it, it doesn't appear that we're all viewing these files on an official Colorado law site, or are they there, too? Is this the first time a major case like this has become so accessible in entirety to the public after it was considered closed?
This information was released per public information requests.

News organization who filed such a request, were provided links to this information.

In regards to that second release, the links were inadvertently put out there by these news organizations.

We weren’t supposed to have direct access to them.

A case never has a resolution this quickly, and Colorado handles the release of information differently than most states.

Good for us though.

It's really strange to me. Not just the releases that embarrassed the mistress, but seeing the clothes Shanann died and was buried in feels so weird and like a creepy voyeuristic thing that shouldn't even be out there. I don't know if family has any say in it either. And they can't be releasing /all/ of the files. I'm sure there are post-mortem photos in police records but they draw the line somewhere.
Yessss, like the analysis of what toys might be in the nightstand drawer. I feel I "know" more about them than I know about my family members!

Doesn’t Colorado have witness protection laws? I remember the detective mentioned the words to NK, but he said she didn’t fall under that umbrella. He also assured her they weren’t interested in her raunchy texts, only the texts between her and CW, and there would be little possibility that news about the case would travel outside of Colorado. ETA What about giving out everyone’s address and phone numbers? Couldn’t those have been redacted?
Not redacting their address and phone numbers was likely a mistake.

All one needs is a name, and that information is readily available in seconds though.

It looked like she thought CW was going to smack her hand. I recognize that reaction as one of immense fear that anyone who has ever been in a physically abusive relationship will show involuntarily to a raised hand. I don't know if that is in NUA's history, but it reveals how afraid she was of CW in that moment. Her ability to stay there in that house and not back down when her friend was missing shows great courage. She was terrified of CW because she knew what he did. Her fear and anguish at Shanann being missing and likely murdered by CW struck hard and it is written all over her face. NUA is so brave. She is a real hero. I pray she is healing from this and surrounded by loving friends. MOO.
I don't think she was afraid of him at all. I think she was furious and disgusted by him. She doesn't strike me as being easily intimidated. Imo

Whatever he grabbed, it looked to be something small, like a ring. Maybe he took the ring off her finger then hid it in the car before taking the bodies out.
(He definitely didn't want the police officer to find that thing in the car.)

He wasn't acting right from the moment he arrived at the house. NUA is there, police is there, all terribly concerned. He says nothing to them except 'how you doing' then goes right to the car.

Pretty damn hard to "act right" after you just spent time digging a hole for your wife in the dirt and pushing your babies down giant oil tanks.

I bet he sent that to NK...I've had bfs send me that before...it's sekshual

Seriously? Never heard of that. I feel so sheltered. :oops:
Makes sense though, I guess. He sent her pictures of his dick too. :rolleyes:

Side note: Call me old fashioned, but I don't understand any woman who responds positively to that sort of thing. I would just go :eek: and end all contact with a man who did that.
MOO.

I don't think she was afraid of him at all. I think she was furious and disgusted by him. She doesn't strike me as being easily intimidated. Imo
I wonder if the cops hadn’t shown up first if CW might have killed NUA, too. He was on a murdering rampage, and at that point all he cared about was not getting caught.

I think possibly he was processing the idea of getting rid of his family and would no longer need an apt. He could live wherever he wanted, didn’t have to worry about being close to the girls school

Not sure how old pea brain really thought he could get into an apartment any time soon to begin with. I doubt he had a deposit and first month's rent that is usually required, his credit sucked thanks to the bankruptcy and his name was the only one on the big mortgage. His debt to income would have been off the charts with that mortgage alone.

I think he realized he wasn't going to be able to get an apartment. I think he was very motivated to make it appear to NK that the divorce or separation was almost a done deal. He was months out from being able to do anything on his own, as a bachelor, and that's only "if" Shanann's health held out through her pregnancy and she was able to continue to work and earn money and they sold the house for a profit. And if she was completely cooperative and gave him everything he wanted and the judge agreed to that.

Family court would have been in the near future and he would have been exposed in court as a man who cheated on his pregnant wife and two little girls. He was not coming out of a divorce in good shape at all. He didn't even have his own car. He was driving a work truck with very limited personal use. Technically, he would have had to hoof it for his personal activities unless someone offered to be his personal taxi or try to qualify for a loan for a car.

JMO.

ETA: His credit had to be hideous. He not only had a bankruptcy in 2015, he talked about a 401K loan that was needed to catch up on three months in house payments. His name alone was on that mortgage. That would have had a devastating impact on his credit, even if he had started to rebuild after the bankruptcy.

Quoting this cause it's so true! Makes me physically ill! :(
There will always be people like that out there. I think that once the discovery was released, many of the "on the fence" people saw the truth. Those that are stable. I am hoping that eventually the Watts family will see it, but am not holding my breath. Seeing all of the videos of CW stammering, rocking, lying was exhausting. Once he was arrested his physical demeanor sure did change. He was really easy to read throughout the entire chain of events. His family should be ashamed of him. And of their behavior.

I know right? :confused: also its SW bashing when you point out something even SW says o_O

I think the question is, why do you want to? Why do you want point out flaws in an innocent victim of murder? We all have flaws. You do, I do. So what? SW was clearly a well loved, loving, caring, and decent person. Many many many people attest to that.

There is huge sensitivity here on the forums after 40-something threads of victim bashing. People just want to give her a break already. Let her rest in peace.

We should be reluctant to be concerned with our country’s freedom of information laws. They are a bedrock of our general principles of freedom. There are plenty of places across the world that do not have these benefits and the governments of those places can be and are very secretive about things that the public should have a right to know.

NK may be mortified that her personal info is out there for the world to see. She should be happy she only wasted a few weeks of her life on this trash excuse for a man and survived to talk about it. Her life could have turned out far different and much worse.
Exactly. Transparency is vitally important in any free society.

Individual people may be hurt, but there is a greater good at stake.

I wonder if the cops hadn’t shown up first if CW might have killed NUA, too. He was on a murdering rampage, and at that point all he cared about was not getting caught.

I don't think so. Her son was with her. Her husband had to know she was going over there. What could he possibly say about THAT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member