GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand though, these investigators from the, I believe it is three different entities, cannot be going out there to meet with CW, a convicted multiple-murderer, whenever CW gets the whim to relive his heinous acts and have some company in prison to chat with. In reality, the man has been convicted, he doesn't have a chance of ever getting out of prison, and nothing he says is going to change that outcome. Why would these investigators even give him the time of day, to make him feel important enough that when he felt like chatting, they would all just show up for him? Even if one of them showed up, that one could have simply reported to the others, but yet all three went out to him. He should get more play from perhaps writing to a newspaper or something.
I feel like there has got to be more to it, but jmo.
I was wondering if this could potentially have anything to do with the timing surrounding the bank foreclosure of the marital home - it was reported not that long ago that the bank was foreclosing on the home due to x number of missed payments. At some point the bank would have taken the home into their possession, changed the locks, etc. I'm not sure if the bank would then have a cleaning service come and empty it out and give it a good clean before selling, or whatever, but wondering if perhaps something or other could have been discovered and brought to the attention of LE, which perhaps could have prompted this interview with CW in prison? The home is to be auctioned in April I believe.

BBM. Technically, CW was not convicted. He entered a plea of guilty and the judge accepted it.

The only reason I can see for the multiple agencies to visit him in prison is if they now have a concern his pleas may have been coerced. iow, was he threatened by someone during the investigation or at the jail.

The sale of the house is a civil matter and I'm not sure LE would get involved, let alone 3 agencies.

JMO

BBM. Technically, CW was not convicted. He entered a plea of guilty and the judge accepted it.

The only reason I can see for the multiple agencies to visit him in prison is if they now have a concern his pleas may have been coerced. iow, was he threatened by someone during the investigation or at the jail.

The sale of the house is a civil matter and I'm not sure LE would get involved, let alone 3 agencies.

JMO
My personal opinion is that this is wishful thinking as the evidence released as well as his plea in court, swearing under oath that he was not under any duress or coercion, all point plainly to the fact that he is guilty of the crimes he admitted to in court. I do not believe that CW was lying yet again in court to admission of guilt of murdering his own children if he were not. While he is a proven liar, the evidence was overwhelming to poke holes in his ridiculous earlier "confession" when cornered that blamed his vile deeds on one of his own innocent victims. He is a family annihilator. He is guilty of all charges. MOO.

JMO
No, he was convicted. A guilty plea results in a conviction.

There are a vast number of possibilities as to why CW is talking now and that his plea was coerced is about the least likely among them. Here are some examples of people who have confessed their crimes after conviction, and their reasons behind doing so.

Convicted murderer requests Xbox before leading police to wife's body 8 years later
A man serving life behind bars for his wife's murder led police on Monday to where he buried her body in Michigan eight years ago, after requesting an Xbox and other prison privileges, authorities said.

Man confesses to 1993 murder in emotional TV interview before turning himself in to police
A California man gave a dramatic TV interview Tuesday confessing to a 1993 murder before going to a police station to turn himself in.

Hawkins said he found "God and Christ and these things that have happened over the course of 25 years have pushed me and pushed me to do the right thing."

He Says He Got Away With 90 Murders. Now He’s Confessing to Them All.
Part of Mr. Little’s impetus for talking now, investigators say, is that he seems to prefer the Ector County jail to the noisy, often chaotic environment of a Los Angeles County prison.

Man convicted of killing a rival community activist finally confesses
A man who pleaded innocent to the murder of a rival community activist, but was later convicted, has now confessed 14 years later.

But Santiago said he's embraced his Catholic faith as a prisoner and feels compelled to come clean. "I'm a different person because of my faith in God," he said. "A life bit (sentence) is nothing compared to eternity in hell."

Hear convicted killer Scott Wynne finally confess to 1995 killing of Allegan County farmer
Wynne, in a five-page letter intended for the victim’s family, and in a 90-minute recorded interview with police, admitted that he shot and killed Timmerman, angry that Timmerman had leased farmland from Wynne's mother that Wynne considered his own.

Wynne’s statements were contained in a letter, obtained by The Grand Rapids Press and MLive under a Freedom of Information Act request, in which he said he wanted to offer a personal apology to the Timmerman family as part of a “Victim-Offender Dialogue.”

Handyman admits to killing at least 8 Mass. women
Gaynor insisted for years that he was innocent, even after his first four murder convictions in 2000. It was only after the 2006 death of his 67-year-old mother, a woman described as his family's matriarch and one of his strongest supporters, that he admitted he was a rapist and killer.

He told police and prosecutors in a 2008 interview that he kept quiet until after her death because he "just couldn't destroy everything she believed in."

ETA: MOO :)

What
No, he was convicted. A guilty plea results in a conviction.

There are a vast number of possibilities as to why CW is talking now and that his plea was coerced is about the least likely among them. Here are some examples of people who have confessed their crimes after conviction, and their reasons behind doing so.

Convicted murderer requests Xbox before leading police to wife's body 8 years later
A man serving life behind bars for his wife's murder led police on Monday to where he buried her body in Michigan eight years ago, after requesting an Xbox and other prison privileges, authorities said.

Man confesses to 1993 murder in emotional TV interview before turning himself in to police
A California man gave a dramatic TV interview Tuesday confessing to a 1993 murder before going to a police station to turn himself in.

Hawkins said he found "God and Christ and these things that have happened over the course of 25 years have pushed me and pushed me to do the right thing."

He Says He Got Away With 90 Murders. Now He’s Confessing to Them All.
Part of Mr. Little’s impetus for talking now, investigators say, is that he seems to prefer the Ector County jail to the noisy, often chaotic environment of a Los Angeles County prison.

Man convicted of killing a rival community activist finally confesses
A man who pleaded innocent to the murder of a rival community activist, but was later convicted, has now confessed 14 years later.

But Santiago said he's embraced his Catholic faith as a prisoner and feels compelled to come clean. "I'm a different person because of my faith in God," he said. "A life bit (sentence) is nothing compared to eternity in hell."

Hear convicted killer Scott Wynne finally confess to 1995 killing of Allegan County farmer
Wynne, in a five-page letter intended for the victim’s family, and in a 90-minute recorded interview with police, admitted that he shot and killed Timmerman, angry that Timmerman had leased farmland from Wynne's mother that Wynne considered his own.

Wynne’s statements were contained in a letter, obtained by The Grand Rapids Press and MLive under a Freedom of Information Act request, in which he said he wanted to offer a personal apology to the Timmerman family as part of a “Victim-Offender Dialogue.”

Handyman admits to killing at least 8 Mass. women
Gaynor insisted for years that he was innocent, even after his first four murder convictions in 2000. It was only after the 2006 death of his 67-year-old mother, a woman described as his family's matriarch and one of his strongest supporters, that he admitted he was a rapist and killer.

He told police and prosecutors in a 2008 interview that he kept quiet until after her death because he "just couldn't destroy everything she believed in."

It's fascinating that these criminals took YEARS to come clean, whereas CW only took 4 months from conviction (if, of course, that is what he did last week).

JMO
Moreover, in addition to my last post, were CW to level such explosive claims at this time, I am certain that it would result in some kind of investigation OR just a court filing from his attorneys to that effect. It would not be something that would be so quickly released to the public by the State. I believe this is just what SW's family's attorneys and Frankie says - that CW has made a fuller confession to his multiple murders. They have no reason to lie and would be in a position to know. MOO.

What

It's fascinating that these criminals took YEARS to come clean, whereas CW only took 4 months from conviction (if, of course, that is what he did last week).
Yes, I think that's what surprised me more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I was stunned to hear that he gave an interview at all, but this soon? Yeah, after reviewing other cases, it seems sooner than one would expect.
MOO

JMO
A plea of guilty means he admits to the crimes. There’s no way around that. I truly believe he would have let it be known if he was “coerced” or whatever.

Yes, I think that's what has surprised me more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I was stunned to hear that he gave an interview at all, but this soon? Yeah, after reviewing other cases, it seems sooner than one would expect.
MOO
My personal opinion is it is either his quick conversion by some reports to a devout bible reader/believer and seeking some sort of redemption for selfish reasons for the afterlife OR he is seeking some type of small concession for his future prison life. I do not for a minute believe the man who never cried for his family that we saw suddenly has a conscience of any kind. He disgusts me to no end. MOO.

A plea of guilty means he admits to the crimes. There’s no way around that. I truly believe he would have let it be known if he was “coerced” or whatever.
Yes. And the substantial evidence proved there was no coercion other than the FACTS disproving his prior vile claim he was not completely guilty. The evidence proves his guilt. Hence, no need nor likelihood of coercion. He is a family annihilator, no matter what he says. Can't argue with the facts. MOO.

My personal opinion is it is either his quick conversion by some reports to a devout bible reader and seeking some sort of redemption for selfish reasons for the afterlife OR he is seeking some type of small concession for his future prison life. I do not for a minute believe the man who never cried for his family that we saw suddenly has a conscience of any kind. He disgusts me to no end. MOO.
Completely agree. If he's going to claim he was coerced, he's not going to be
telling that to the FBI, CBI and Frederick PD, lol! :p
MOO

Completely agree. If he's going to claim he was coerced, he's not going to be telling that to the FBI, CBI and Frederick PD, lol! :p
MOO
Exactly, I believe it is pure wishful thinking unsubstantiated by what we know and have been told to think this is anything other than a fuller confession, whether it will be shown to be credible or not. It would not be released so quickly if there were any further investigation necessary. MOO.

The only reason I can see for the multiple agencies to visit him in prison is if they now have a concern his pleas may have been coerced.

JMO
IIRC after the plea bargain is accepted, the conviction takes place.

What, in your opinion causes you to suspect that there is a concern his pleas may have been coerced?

This guy is in some ways a simpleton, and in other ways complex.

It wouldn’t surprise me if even though he has something broken in him empathy-wise, he is still capable of some kind of intellectual empathy—and/or his wish to be seen as a “good guy” actually wins out here. Meaning that he believes a good guy confesses his sins, the way some churchgoers testify before the congregation, and he needs to do that to ease his internal strain.

Last edited:

A coerced guilty plea is a violation of rights. It has happened in the past and our system of justice won't tolerate it. What doesn't happen often is for three law enforcement agencies to send officers to another state to interview someone who has already been sentenced.

JMO

Deputy Denies Coercion of Beatrice 6 | Beatrice News Channel

Gage County will appeal Beatrice 6 ruling to US Supreme Court

One week prior to the breaking news of meeting with CBI/ LE on Feb 18, 2019, CW reportedly also talked with the Attorney (Lambert) representing SW's parents in their civil wrongful death suit. Attorney Lambert also reported he was surprised that CW answered all the questions put to him, was not contesting lawsuit, and seemingly was admitting liability.

I believe "the investigative team" probably used Lambert's news to see if CW would speak freely to them as well. I think CW likely "confirmed" that his initial confession of murdering all was true, and that it was not given to save himself and family from a trial -- as alluded to by CW family. I'll be surprised if CW provided them any "details" of the actual murders.

Most important - Lambert reported that CW was being held in 23/7 cell lock down. If CW talked to LE and/or admitting responsibility, this was more likely to obtain some additional freedom in prison than for any other reason. MOO

That is exactly my question- i doubt he just talked- i think he did it to obtain extra freedom in prison- be it internet access or more yard time etc.

Can any of the VA maybe gitana tell us if it is likely they would offer anything for a full confession?

No. He can get one for the appeals process though but otherwise they're done. And probably glad to be done with him.
Gitana1
Is the one appeal process given only to prisoners with life without parole in all states? I understand this must be filed within two years of conviction. Would the Colorado Supreme Court assigns a public defense lawyer to do a Writ?

A coerced guilty plea is a violation of rights. It has happened in the past and our system of justice won't tolerate it. What doesn't happen often is for three law enforcement agencies to send officers to another state to interview someone who has already been sentenced.

JMO

Having watched the great care and precision with which he was interrogated, I’m not sure what coercion has to do with his plea. I mean, the death penalty was on the table only due to the nature of his crimes, it wasn’t trotted out particularly for him.

Yes, I think that's what surprised me more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I was stunned to hear that he gave an interview at all, but this soon? Yeah, after reviewing other cases, it seems sooner than one would expect.
MOO

Watts is vastly more pathetic than some of those hard core psychos. He could't even manage to go to trial

My guess is some desperate attempt to remain relevant

I wouldn't even be surprised if LE played to his ego to get him to spill. He is that stupid

JMO

Unfortunately, the EVIDENCE released does not back up any claim of coercion. It solely points to CW as the only murderer in the house. Can't argue with the facts. Or do you suggest evidence was tampered with as well to convict this man in a high profile case? Amazing then his actions and behavior following the murders dovetailed perfectly with someone who lacked any empathy or pain at all if someone else indeed murdered his children. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa