GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stella

Stella Well-Known Member

I don't think this is over by a long shot. No screams heard anywhere. No bruises or scratches on CW after allegedly killing his wife, who didn't fight back? At least Bella would've clawed at him if she knew what was coming. CeCe would've kicked at him hard. This puzzle still isn't coming together and I don't believe a word CW is saying; I'm wondering what he ISN'T saying.

AvaGrace, abr, Gardener1850 and 25 others like this.
  2. thistle

thistle Active Member

I don’t have words of what a horrible human being he is- he just seemed liked a generic NC guy, but to do this to his pregnant wife, & especially to his children, after driving out to his work site- I can’t even comprehend this.

abr, Gardener1850, AvaGrace and 13 others like this.
  3. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

What do you want him to say that would satisfy you?

4. Heaven Leigh

Heaven Leigh Well-Known Member

I wonder how many- "I got scared".."I didn't know what to do".."I freaked out"s we are going to read/hear on Thurs.

Are they releasing only portions of the interview? So we wont see or read it all?

5. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

Yeah there’s too many things that are just too weird. There was also the “if anything happens to me..” letter he wrote on August 6.

6. Mitch11

Mitch11 Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. When that footage came out of the shadows I have to admit that I didn't really pay that much attention to it. I thought maybe it was a combination of lights (eg from his ute, home etc) and people playing around with the footage etc. However knowing what we know now it appears obvious. Absolutely monstrous.. My heart feels so so broken for the Ruzceks. It was already, but this news is just horrendous. Those poor wee babies, poor Bella witnessing her dad do this. It defies comprehension.

7. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

He didn’t claim that Shanann was killed in a fight, he claimed that she was killed as a consequence of one.

This still allows for her to be caught off guard.

The kids thought mommy was sick, so there wouldn’t have been screams.

Once they reached the oil site, there would have been no one to hear them, if they did scream in terror.

No child is going to be able to inflict the slightest amount of damage on a strong, much larger, determined man.

Cece never saw it coming; Bella was powerless to stop it.

I don’t want to believe it, but I mostly do.

ScotAng, Babbakins, abr and 45 others like this.
  8. Noreen McGurl

Noreen McGurl Cluelessone

I was hoping I would believe his story but I'm still skeptical because as other people have stated, he said Shanann " supposedly" threatened to keep him from the girls yet he killed them anyway after driving to his work site 45 minutes away, and even though he admitted to killing the children he did still make it seem as though he was goaded and enraged into killing Shanann and there's a lot of other thoughts that I have about that! for example in a similar situation someone being cheated on might threaten to go to the mistress with information about intimacy or pregnancy or other factors we may not know about. He killed because he feared he would not see his kids but then he killed his kids thus making it definitive that he would never see them again!!! It makes no sense, but then again he's a liar and a dumbass so I'm not sure what to believe?!?!!?!

9. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

The CBI said they would be releasing a redacted version of the interview.
    MOO

10. nwmouse

nwmouse Verified cheese addict.

Yup, he was already trying to frame Shanann for the murder of the girls (and threats to his his own oh-so-prefect-self) before he slaughtered them. Inserting a narcissistic, self-serving, lying letter to his family implying SW may harm him. PUHLEEEESE!!!!!!!

He's a vile, manipulative coward who thought he was too smart to get caught by LE.
    His stupidity got him caught almost immediately and his "I found the lord" turn around is worthless braying.

Lying liars who lie will continue to do so.

He is STILL a self-serving, monstrous brute, who not only murdered his exhausted, pregnant wife -- he killed his own two helpless little girls with his bare hands, even when Bella begged him to spare her life. There is no salvation for him. He is evil incarnate.

moo

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  11. Noreen McGurl

Noreen McGurl Cluelessone

Killing in the name of "love" then killing the babies for whom you killed in the name of "love"?????

abr, Gardener1850, AvaGrace and 12 others like this.
  12. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

All he had to do was sit on her chest while she was sleeping and start strangling her. Not much she would have been able to do to fight back. He was much stronger than her.

13. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

How do you bring a post over here from the last thread?

MsBetsy and PommyMommy like this.
  14. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

If he told them he was taking SW to a hospital then they'd have had no reason to scream at home or when getting into the truck. Who was going to hear them at the work site? It's out in a field. If CW had attached SW in her sleep then she may have been too disoriented to attack back. By the time she knew what he was doing, it may have been too late. It takes some time to strangle someone to death, but it doesn't take that long to knock them out. Cece was asleep when he killed her. And we don't know that Bella would've "clawed" at him. We DO know that she fought back. You're putting a 180 pound man against a 40-pound little girl. She may not have afflicted anything on him at all. He was much larger and stronger.

abr, Gardener1850, Nudgee and 15 others like this.
  15. Stella

Stella Well-Known Member

I am satisfied that he is a liar and has been from the start.

abr, Gardener1850, NoClouseau and 7 others like this.
  16. nwmouse

nwmouse Verified cheese addict.

What possible reason would CW have to lie about such a monstrous thing as murdering Bella when she begged him not to?

If CW was on top of Shanann, pretending to have make up sex, it would be easy for him to grab her around the throat and stifle any screams she may have had. She was pregnant, had lupus and was exhausted. He likely ambushed her. She may not have had the energy to try to claw him and fight back because she was confused and in shock. He's strong, working out, and SW was much smaller, ill and pregnant. The second leading cause of death for pregnant women is homicide.

Bella may have been in such terror and shock she may not have clawed or kicked him, she struggled because she couldn't breathe as he smothered her. In her mind, daddy was supposed to be her hero and protector. They even sang a song about it. She was just a tiny child, imagine her confusion. The toddlers were so small. They can't fight against a large brute of a man who was physically fit and strong. Any kicks against him were probably not strong enough to leave bruises and their little fingernails were too short to leave scratch marks.

moo

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  17. PommyMommy

1. Copy the text in the post you want to quote.
    2. Go to the reply box (where you type your post) and click on the 4th icon from the right in the toolbar. In the drop-down box, select "Quote."
    3. Paste your text in between the brackets.

18. Mandi3020

Mandi3020 Member

I believe him. I also believe his soul is black, and he is evil. Hearing the details we've all heard today literally feels like a punch in my gut. I feel sick.

19. PommyMommy

Chris Watts' 4-year-old pleaded for her life, attorney says - CNN
    Chris Watts' 4-year-old daughter knew her mother and younger sister, Celeste, had just been killed -- and she feared she would be next.

"Please Daddy, don't do to me what you just did to Cece," said Bella, according to a lawyer for the family of Shanann Watts, the girls' mother.

Earlier, Bella had walked into the room just after Watts had strangled his wife, Shanann, and was wrapping her in a sheet to dispose of her body. "What are you doing with Mommy?" Bella asked her father.

Bella's last words and other details about the disturbing familial murders were revealed by attorney Steven Lambert on Tuesday's "Dr. Phil" show.

[...]

"I don't think he will ever tell us. I don't think he will give an honest assessment of why he did what he did, how he did what he did," Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke said.

But in the "Dr. Phil" interview, Lambert said the couple got into a fight and Chris Watts confessed he was having an affair. He also said he wanted a divorce and declared that their relationship was over.

"And she had said something to the effect of, 'Well, you're not gonna see the kids again.' As a consequence of that conversation, he strangled her to death," Lambert said.

As Watts was preparing to move the body, Bella walked in and asked about her mother, Lambert said.

"She's 4, what we've been told she's quite smart -- was quite smart -- and knew something likely was up. And what he said was that, 'Mommy is sick, we need to take her to the hospital to make her better,'" Lambert said.

Lambert said his understanding is that Chris Watts put Shanann's body in his truck and then put his children, who were alive at the time, into the truck. He took Celeste's favorite blanket and smothered her, Lambert said.

"At this point, Bella had unbuckled herself from the vehicle," Lambert said. Watts walked back to the truck and that's when Bella made the plea for her life, Lambert said.

20. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Exactly. Up until this point, all his lies have been self serving.

This is the polar opposite.

To believe him, my bar was that his confession make him look bad.

It made him look monstrous.

My other requirement was that his confession jibe with the evidence.

I can’t find anything that rules his scenario out.

I still have questions in regards to Shanann’s murder, this being planned well in advance, and his supposed debate as to what he was going to do with the kids, but I think he is being truthful about how he killed them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.