GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancinunderthemoon

dancinunderthemoon Well-Known Member

Must've been trying to use that excuse as some kind of decoy.......yeah i was out there but this is why, what other reason could there be Im wondering now, besides the obvious..........he's stupid

molly1255 and Only4Justice like this.
  2. mtnlites

mtnlites Mystery Machine Driver

Yes, if complete strangers and those just following the case are devastated by the news, just imagine how those who actually knew Shanann and the girls must feel right now.

Alcina, CalmSeas, windrower and 17 others like this.
  3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

CW told NK his budget for an apartment was $1,100 - $1,400.

PDF pg 504, Discovery pg 571

MOO

4. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

I don’t believe it.

Jax49, molly1255, kittycat3 and 2 others like this.
  5. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

BBM

Well said. Because it seems so incredibly monstrous, I've had a really hard time accepting that he was going to kill the girls regardless (if Bella had not awoken), but the way you've laid it out here makes a lot of rational sense to me. In the end, I just can't make it work that he was intending for them to live. I do think his plan was that once SW was gone, the kids would go too.

Assuming his latest confession is the truth, I do think perhaps he couldn't muster up the will to actually carry out killing the girls right after SW and used the drive to Cervi to get back in that headspace.

:(:(

6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Can you provide the link? I want to read it.

7. nwmouse

nwmouse Verified cheese addict.

SBM
    BBM

You've nailed it, likes x 1000!

CW is hollow inside and takes on the personality and attributes of the dominant person he's with.
    He doesn't know how to "be", he's like water that conforms to the shape of the vessel its in.

He's basically devoid of color, personality, empathy etc and has zero self-identity.

I think CW's "love" for NK was based on sexual attraction/infatuation and he was flattered that she was interested in him.
    He likely would have lost interest in her too, after a few years and a new, dominant person entering his life.

He reminds me of Francis Dolarhyde in Red Dragon.

CW is like a golem: " A golem is a clay creature that has been magically brought to life. The name comes from the Hebrew word “golem,” which means something incomplete or unfinished".
    He mimics being human but he's just a shell, and an evil, self-serving shell.

moo

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  8. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

He has no grounds. It's over.

9. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

I'm thinking you don't get to drive 45 minutes with your victims in order to commit a crime of passion and hide the bodies.

Alcina, CalmSeas, La Louve and 18 others like this.
  10. cakegirl0905

cakegirl0905 Well-Known Member

This is where I land too. I don’t believe she did the actual killing. But she planted some seeds there and helped his resentment fester. She fanned the flames, so to speak, to get Chris to leave his family. She knew what she was doing. The end game might not have been death, but it was being Chris’s #1 priority by whatever means necessary. It’s apparent in the interview that she absolutely despised Shannan and was full of envy and resentment towards her, even though they never met. She wanted her gone - maybe not expressly dead, but, gone.

11. nwmouse

nwmouse Verified cheese addict.

Thank you for the CL link by MF, Gitana! I was finally able to sit down and read it through.

MF certainly does seem a little too sympathetic with CL.

I agree that CW will mix truth with lies because that's his nature. He has no authenticity whatsoever.

But as MassGuy has pointed out, CW cares about what other people think of him, due to his narcissistic tendencies.
    For him to say Bella begged for her life before he murdered her rings true to me. Its just so chilling and evil that I don't think he made it up.

The Stephen King info is very interesting. It sounds to me as though CW had a pretty enmeshed upbringing with a controlling mother, but from what I understand he wasn't physically abused. Emotional control of a child is its own form of abuse and we've seen the effects with killers like Scott Peterson. I think some people are born defective and CW is one of them. He has no empathy and is supremely selfish. The only sadness he showed during his sentencing was for himself, he cried because his future is extremely bleak. It was all about HIM, never about his family who were murdered so horrifically.

Tomorrow's new info will be interesting.

moo

12. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

God Bless Shannan.

13. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

CW killed his children because SW was not going to let him see them.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. After all, he did KILL THEM!

14. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

15. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen the film, "I, Psychopath"? It's on YT, in nine parts. Look for the account by the name that starts with "Jerusalem", followed by a couple of letters (can't recall it, right now). The entire film is great but there are interesting brain scans done that show the true emotional lack in the brain of a psychopath. I believe CW is a psychopath in the truest sense. He didn't feel for his kids because he lacks the capacity, neurologically. He also had to be really psychologically screwed up with that creature of a mother and wimp of a father. You're so right that he role played. All of the cluster Bs have to mimic but psychopaths, especially. CW was able to keep up the husband and daddy facade until the combination of his frustrations (inner emptiness, financial problems, etc) collided with meeting NK. Whatever he thought he might like to be fit with whatever image he was projecting onto NK (and that would have soured, too) . That meant a new "role" and a new script. He didn't have the capacity to have two scripts going (divorced dad with those obligations and his new role). That was too many balls in the air so some just had to go. I believe he was probably mad at Shanann and the kids were really only an extension of her (in his mind) so they became collateral damage. He was done playing that role so they had to go, right along with their mother. I don't think he was mad at them. There was no place for them in his new script. He knew what he was doing was wrong and while murders present a lot of logistical difficulties, I'll bet, to him it was no more on the feeling level than ditching an old sofa.

I disagree with Dr Phil calling CW a malignant narcissist. CW, imo, is a psychopath (and they all have narc traits). One of the things that struck me when I first watched Shanann's videos was how CW seemed like nothing more than a prop. It was glaring, to me. He seemed like a robot or Stepford person. No normal man presents like that. Shanann couldn't see it because he was mirroring her and he probably mirrored everyone else he had contact with so to everyone he seemed like a good guy. There's a real lesson in this awful story about learning to recognize these people which is NOT easy. There is no answer to "why", in any normal sense (action-reaction). Murdering three innocent people has no logical reason. It happened because he's a psychopath. Further complicating things is that not all psychopaths are killers so I don't see any way anyone could have predicted that he would do this.

While it probably won't happen, I wish some use would be made of CW, as in taking this opportunity to study what he is, including all manner of tests and brain scans. Nothing can ever bring back the victims of these "people" (???) and the only way to help people not to be their victims is to begin learning how to recognize them. It might not be possible but it seems worth trying.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  16. Pasasana

Pasasana Well-Known Member

But does a 4 year old understand death? I don't have children, so I wouldn't know. If he did say that Mommy was sick and he needed them to be very quiet so they didn't wake her, I think that they wouldn't make much noise.

17. izzies

izzies Member

Brilliant!!!! Thanks for this analysis. It makes so much sense how his behavior was missed by so many and I also saw how 'off' his behavior seemed in the videos. No husband would go along with all of that. Thank you!

18. Psychofcrime

Psychofcrime Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already...

Does anyone have a link or an idea where to get a link to tomorrow's audio release? I would like to hit "Go" as soon as it is dropped.

I appreciate everyone at Websleuths so much! The variety of backgrounds and knowledge of everyone that comes together here is priceless. Thank you!

La Louve, gitana1, MemPat and 2 others like this.
  19. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Are going to get audio, video or transcripts?

20. kakadu

kakadu Well-Known Member

If I am right it's 4 pm here in Germany and 3 pm in UK tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.