GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that NK did the pursuing. I believe CW saying that he could be himself around NK is because he was married to his opposite, whereas NK worked in the same industry, knew same team members, culture, projects, etc., and they could spend their stolen moments together talking shop, Metallica, and having sex.

Having an affair with a work mate means there's never any awkward silence as when getting to know a stranger. CW was comfortable around NK because he was comfortable at work and that environment. He liked his job, and was acknowledged by his peers for his skills and performance. CW would have failed trying to have an affair with a real stranger that he had to get to know. He didn't have game. MOO

And if there were pauses in the conversation, they would fill them in by counting the macros, lol.

I see it in a more prosaic way. He was developing a 7-year-itch, and Shanann, social, beautiful, was feeling old to him, because, two kids, pregnant again, some health issues, and now establishing a business. Routine, in one word. So in comes a woman who is younger, with newer body, not pregnant, no debts, work 8-5. And mainly, such a sexually obliging new partner. He feels new, young, in love.

Only I have a feeling that NK socially was more like Chris. And if he pulled that case, and married her, the marriage would be dull, he’d get bored sooner, and probably off NK in 2 years

I believe transparency is the key to a healthy relationship and marriage. Once Chris realized he didnt want to be with SW anymore he should have just said so right away instead of having it fester.

I will also say before getting into a relationship with somebody you have to do your due diligence. I understand times are tougher today and access is much easier due to dating apps but you have to do your homework on people.

I agree, everyone needs to do their homework before they get into a relationship. What would Shanann have found on Chris if she had done her homework?

I agree, everyone needs to do their homework before they get into a relationship. What would Shanann have found on Chris if she had done her homework?
Probably nothing! The only red flags may have been that he had never been in a serious relationship and his dysfunctional family.
That may not have been enough. It certainly could be seen as something that would be an obstacle but not something that could not be "workable." Imo

You have such good insight. I wondered what Chris meant when he said he could be himself around her. Just a thought. I don't think he socialized much with even one male coworker. Idk maybe he felt isolated and needed some male company. Just a thought

No, CW didn't appear to socialize outside of the social environment SW provided for him. The idea that CW would suddenly hire a babysitter to attend an alleged ball game with co-workers was very suspicious to SW.

Sadly, in the end, SW was discussing with friends how CW likely needed some personal time built into their schedule, or at least opportunity to participate in planning their schedule.

Would this have made a difference? Probably not. The first opportunity CW had to exercise some personal freedom, CW demonstrated his plans did not include anything complimentary to his being a father or husband. CW's ease in which he annihilated his family tells us it was too late. MOO

another angle NK was a free spirit with no children she didn't have the responsibilities of family life so it was a nice escape from reality. He was impressed that she had financial security ( her dad owns anadarko?).
Can you imagine ,though, if CW had divorced his wife and then got married to NK?? And he thought that he had financial pressure before this? I am sure that NK was used to a certain lifestyle and would expect it to continue.

I dont believe NK and CW would have stayed together had he indeed left Shanann. NK would have lost interest in him once she snared him - there is a saying here - the chase is better than the catch - and that is exactly how she saw it.

Lets face it, CW comes across as the most boring man on earth, he may be reasonably attractive to some but he is hardly George Clooney. Even his own wife thought he had no game.

Why would an independant, single woman with a reasonably successful career be bothered with him, if not for the challenge it presented.

She would have left him on the blink of an eye once she succeeded in him leaving his family. At a guess she was a spoilt, entitled child, doted on by daddy and what NK wants, NK gets.

No, CW didn't appear to socialize outside of the social environment SW provided for him. The idea that CW would suddenly hire a babysitter to attend an alleged ball game with co-workers was very suspicious to SW.

Sadly, in the end, SW was discussing with friends how CW likely needed some personal time built into their schedule, or at least opportunity to participate in planning their schedule.

Would this have made a difference? Probably not. The first opportunity CW had to exercise some personal freedom, CW demonstrated his plans did not include anything complimentary to his being a father or husband. CW's ease in which he annihilated his family tells us it was too late. MOO

In hindsight, I believe that family therapy with a good, seasoned, probably older male therapist, might have saved the Wattses. Chris can not interpret his emotions, moreover, he confuses physical feelings (sexual gratification) with emotions (love). I am thinking of how much a good therapist might have helped him. All CW’s ideas about marriage were so naive (e.g., having a child to save a marriage).
But sadly, people go to therapy when they are on the verge of divorce, and not when they are still holding it together.

[Snipped by me]

Thank you very much. I did not see it.

So, Chris Watts as the child had imaginary world. That explains a lot.

My theory, at one point during the relationship with NK he started intensely fantasizing about his family somehow disappearing (Shanann running away, or something else), and him moving in with NK and living happily ever after. Keeping everything, the house, all his perfect life, minus Shanann and the girls. I wonder if he started thinking about it after that day when he looked at NK and said, “I never met anyone like you”.

His imaginary world grew on himself. I thought I knew why he was mad at Shanann, after all, family life is rocky, especially if you have a lover, but why was he feeling rage towards the girls was beyond my comprehension.

Now I think that he was enraged with all of them, because they were still present in reality, while in his imagination they were long gone.

I think he started preparing to “something” close to the time they were to come back from NC, but he did not have a firm plan. And I believe that he killed SW during an argument, but he was mentally so prepared, that the argument was merely an accelerant.

So he did whatever he dreamed of, removed them from the house, to empty it, so that NK could move in.

Perhaps he did not kill the kids in the house specifically so that NK could later move in. (He knew she’d have suspicions).

MOO

The question I have, is did CW's school teacher tell her students to make up a story and try to convince her it was true?

If she didn't, then he constructed a very clever lie to con his teacher. If this is what happened, then this was a huge red flag. JMO

another angle NK was a free spirit with no children she didn't have the responsibilities of family life so it was a nice escape from reality. He was impressed that she had financial security ( her dad owns anadarko?).
Anadarko is a publicly traded company so he wasn't owner but I believe he was in a management position in the industry.

In comparison to Watts' financial obligations, I believe NK was not worried about debt. She rented an apartment, not a home owner, so her wealth may have been overstated. MOO

From discovery page 2093:

1640 hours: Shanann called Watts and held an eighteen minute conversation[41 - TL: 5559]

Simultaneous to that call Watts transferred a nude selfie of Kessinger into his Secret Calculator a pplication[41 - lmages: 2550]

Sad to think I wonder how much attention he gave Bella and Cece when he had them. He was so involved with NK texting and calling constantly.

The question I have, is did CW's school teacher tell her students to make up a story and try to convince her it was true?

If she didn't, then he constructed a very clever lie to con his teacher. If this is what happened, then this was a huge red flag. JMO
I believe the lie was CW's alone. I recall him also saying the teacher later asked his parents in passing if they enjoyed their trip to China and of course they were clueless -- what trip?

I dont believe NK and CW would have stayed together had he indeed left Shanann. NK would have lost interest in him once she snared him - there is a saying here - the chase is better than the catch - and that is exactly how she saw it.

Lets face it, CW comes across as the most boring man on earth, he may be reasonably attractive to some but he is hardly George Clooney. Even his own wife thought he had no game.

Why would an independant, single woman with a reasonably successful career be bothered with him, if not for the challenge it presented.

She would have left him on the blink of an eye once she succeeded in him leaving his family. At a guess she was a spoilt, entitled child, doted on by daddy and what NK wants, NK gets.

She would have married Chris. It was not the challenge of dating a married man. NK is “the grabber”, I think, and if the best thing she can get is married, it does not stop her. But in her texts to her friend at the beginning, she did not seem too happy that CW was married.

NK, who is brainy enough, financially stable, decently good-looking and a good playmate, probably doesn’t have it in her what it takes to hold a man. I don’t know what she is missing, maybe inner fire, some charm? Too cold, too calculating? I suspect she is a bore, too, there were pieces of the interview that sounded so strange and yawn-producing.

I can see Shanann marrying had the Wattses divorced, and being a single mom with three kids, still finding a decent guy.

Also, CW is boring, but clean and sober, perhaps he did not have it in him to be the real boss but could make some career in the oil field, plus, he was a “yes” man.

Last edited:
Probably nothing! The only red flags may have been that he had never been in a serious relationship and his dysfunctional family.
That may not have been enough. It certainly could be seen as something that would be an obstacle but not something that could not be "workable." Imo

I don't think she would have found anything, either. She probably didn't know about his dysfunctional family until after she dated him for a while. By the time she met him, she was likely invested in the relationship and tried to figure out ways to get around them.

After being divorced, she may have felt some relief that he didn't have much experience with women and he wasn't a player.

I'm a big believer in checking people out before you allow them into your life, but in this case, there was likely nothing she could have found that would have sent off alarm bells in her head.

I think there were likely some interpersonal things in the relationship she may have missed or not understood, such as love-bombing. He also was not her type, and she told him that early on.

I agree that NK did the pursuing. I believe CW saying that he could be himself around NK is because he was married to his opposite, whereas NK worked in the same industry, knew same team members, culture, projects, etc., and they could spend their stolen moments together talking shop, Metallica, and having sex.

Having an affair with a work mate means there's never any awkward silence as when getting to know a stranger. CW was comfortable around NK because he was comfortable at work and that environment. He liked his job, and was acknowledged by his peers for his skills and performance. CW would have failed trying to have an affair with a real stranger that he had to get to know. He didn't have game. MOO
Great points

Her dad does not own Anadarko. He is also not a lawyer. There have been a lot of rumors that NK came from money. I think the way that NK went on and on about CW's house and all of the expensive furnishings is a strong indicator that she was not raised with wealth. She would not have been that impressed with CW's house, furnishings, etc. if she was used to being around things like that.

In one interview, NK stated she had lost her job and would probably have to sell her car. She was worried about how she was going to survive financially.

JMO

IIRC, CW only mentioned two times that he really got angry.
The first was when SW demanded that he stop communicating with his ex gf.
The second was when he blew up at his mom and sister because they tried to stop him from marrying SW.
In both instances there was someone getting in the way of what he desired at the time.
Bingo! If any of the straddling conversation actually happened, I believe SW told him she would make it difficult to have a relationship with NK: child support, move the kids out of state, not allow them around her, etc. I believe when he realized she was going to come between him and his new obsession, he lost it (just like your two examples but to a much larger degree because he feared he had so much to lose after his summer of love).
He’s a monster.

I agree that it never would have worked between NK and CW in the long run, IMO. CW needed the stabilizing force of someone like Shanann in his life. Once he started making decisions on his own, he self-destructed, and he took everyone else down, too.

CW let out a big one in his interview. He said NK was on EHarmony when he was dating her and she set up two dates with two different men during that time and was stood up by both.

I think NK was desperate to find a guy and she had some bad dating experiences under her belt. Then CW came along, and he was nice to her. He showed up when he said he would be there. She didn't have to pay for her own dinner. He told her she was beautiful and that he loved her. She grabbed on, IMO.

I believe the lie was CW's alone. I recall him also saying the teacher later asked his parents in passing if they enjoyed their trip to China and of course they were clueless -- what trip?

Wow! He was a little con artist from an early age, it would appear. That's a bad sign. Imagine the other lies he told as a child and the things his parent let him get away with.

If one of my siblings or I had done something like that when we were kids, my dad would have taken us into the living room immediately, sat us down on the couch and had us explain to him, in detail, what it meant to have a conscience. We got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth