GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

I finally listened to Part 1 of the interview with CW. I have cried so much. I have more to say but I’m beyond grieving at this point. God Bless Shannan and her beautiful babies.

2. Only4Justice

Painting my nails blue! I’m a victim of sexual assault. At age 10. I’m now 54 and will Never get over it.

LeeAnnB, Charlot123, Alcina and 24 others like this.
  3. Only4Justice

I so wish we could bring them back. So senseless.

4. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

In the prison interview, he sniffles and his voice breaks when he was describing how he killed his little babies, but when Tammy interjects and asks him -didn't you contact your co-worker re Cervi site the day before?-, his voice changes to completely normal right away and eagerly explains about the leaks or whatever in detail.

He is not remorseful. I don't believe he misses his family. He has no idea people, don't even have to be LE or trained, can see right through him.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Allygator, MrsM, JDough and 31 others like this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, that was it! We discussed how weird it was to be checking expiration dates, and what an idiot he was to bring the same box he had at home that he used to have sex with his wife. Imo

Alcina, kelseykixx, AvaGrace and 13 others like this.
  6. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

If she was curious about the expiration dates on the condoms, then I think for sure she looked up everything she could on SW and CW on Facebook and instagram and knew everything about them. I think she knew SW was pregnant. She said she didn't have social media but all she would need is her cellphone to find out

7. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Unless they were terrified and traumtized into silence.

8. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

ITA. If you're sitting in an interview, you know you have to answer the questions---but the surge of emotion is overwhelming. Normal people try to control the emotions, otherwise they wouldn't be able to speak coherently. I can see how if you aren't feeling emotion, but know you are suppose to be exhibiting it, you might "overdo" it, or not understand that you need to give the appearance of trying to control them.

9. Only4Justice

I am beyond angry at the home wrecker Nikki. She should have stayed in her own lane. They would be alive if she would have imo

Allygator, AlyBaba, AvaGrace and 13 others like this.
  10. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

I think she was on her side.

But even if she was on her back, I have been so entangled in bedspreads/sheets just from sleeping that it took considerable effort (with no one on top of me) to free my arms...

11. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

She's no heroine but I think it's important to remember that Chris Watts made a choice to flirt and cheat with a woman who was not his wife, then chose to strangle the life out of Shanann.

If it had not been Nikki, it would have been someone else.

He was in control of the whole situation.

12. Colorfuel

Colorfuel Well-Known Member

Uh, I might do it. If I had someone bring condoms of an unknown vintage to my place, I would wonder how old they were. With spermicide they last only three years or so, somewhat longer if they're regular condoms.

13. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that’s exactly what happened. Though I also wouldn’t be surprised if he had sex first or made her think they were about to. JMO of course.

14. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

Me too!

AvaGrace, pocketaccent and Seenit like this.
  15. Colorado303

If he made her think he wanted to have sex, it would be an excellent way to get her to let him climb on top of her and pin her down without a fight. Just sayin’ ..... MOO

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    MrsM, JDough, LeeAnnB and 31 others like this.
  16. Colorado303

I don’t know. If he was truly being himself there would be no need to lie to NK and I have no doubt he did. IMO he was wearing a brand new manly/sexy/misunderstood mask w/NK but a mask just the same.

magnolia7985, MrsM, LeeAnnB and 32 others like this.
  17. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

Lol at 'unknown vintage'! and actually it is a good idea to check for expiration date. You want to be protected.

But would you do a complete research on the condoms to investigate when that someone used the condom last on his wife? I wonder what was NK's conclusion or plan of action based on her research. She figured one box of condoms was manufactured in late 2017 and another in early 2018. Bummer, they are not so old..I think she was obsessed with him just as much as he with her.

18. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

I keep thinking about my own kids. I have a chronic illness and we've had to get the kids up early, or in the middle of the night, several times to make ER runs. Me on the backseat, or in the front, with a blanket over my head and a "ssshhhh, Mommy's sick" and the kids go right back to sleep in the vehicle. It doesn't take much to quiet them down.

This was their father driving the truck and he undoubtedly told them that everything was going to be okay, that they just needed to get mommy to the doctor. He was talking to a 3 and 4 year old here; kids are very trusting, especially when the grownups they love are telling them something. This ride wasn't necessarily filled with loud, terrified sobs. It may have just been two exhausted, confused, worried children leaning on each other and eventually falling back asleep. That doesn't make the ride less sad or scary.

19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think there was anything NK said that was a "trigger," although I do believe his desire to start a new life with her influenced his decision.
    He had already successfully distanced himself from his family in the weeks before the murder. He had no more emotional connection to them.
    The only trigger, in my opinion, was the inside of Chris Watt's own mind. He practically said it himself when he suggested maybe there was something implanted in his mind that made him do it. Jmo

20. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

I think it would've been a good ruse to get her both complacent and caught offguard. I know that some have strong feelings about this part and don't think it happened, but I definitely think it could have. "Cold" CW who hasn't been "as loving" to her all summer as he usually is-someone who seems to have changed-the father of her children and her husband whose marriage she's been fighting for suddenly turns to her and acts like he desires her? I can see that happening, and I can see her putting her guard down. I would. Travel weary, airplane hair, feeling gross and pregnant-all the reasons you might have said "no" in the past don't always matter when you're fighting for your marriage. Been there. It sucks. Makes me hate him even more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.