CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that version of his events. (That he tried to kill the girls first and they had bruises, etc.) jmo.
Me neither. I am sure that he killed SW after disabling her in the sheets as she was sleeping. He was too much of a coward to kill her the minute she entered the door, and she would have checked in on the kids on the way to her room.

She had different clothes on when she was buried, (different from the ones she wore back from the plane) and he would not have changed her into a thong and a different T shirt if he killed her on the stairs before she discovered her "dead" children.

I’m still reading the early threads but have watched the Netflix again (6th time) and am convinced he thought he would get away with it had it not been for her friend and the neighbor who alerted to CW behavior (off-fidgety ) when viewing the video of the His driveway - I’m sure this is old news to all of you who have followed this for the last 2+ years But she is really a hero for SW and the girls
JMO
I also believe that Nickole Atkinson and the neighbor helped get justice sooner than it would have happened. That being said, I do think that he would have eventually been arrested.

SW didn't go to her doctor's appointment that morning. She didn't answer any of her phone calls or texts. It wouldn't make sense that she would drop off the face of the earth and quit her job and not contact anyone (friends, work associates or family).

Wouldn't his truck GPS always be there? I'm not sure how that works? How about his phone? I'm inclined to think that Nikole and the neighbor would have contacted the police with their suspicions, at the very least.

Only a moron would think that killing his entire family would make more sense than just becoming a deadbeat dad who never pays a dime of child support or spousal support.

CW is that moron.

Watts had taken the girls to a birthday party on the afternoon of Sunday, August 12, and while Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, played in the pool their father started texting co-worker Kodi Roberts.

C51BC780-49A8-43D0-8B33-C9CC0AA8FAFE.jpeg
Last known photo of Bella and Celestial alive.

At 5.06pm that evening, Watts set in motion his plan for disposing of his wife and daughters' bodies, as he texted Roberts that he would be making the drive out to one of the more distant oil fields that was managed by his company, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.

It is also where the bodies of Shanann, Bella and Celeste were discovered just days after they went missing.
Chris Watts' wife filled home with photos including one of murderer kissing her pregnant stomach | Daily Mail Online

91BAA334-B9FB-4CC6-9544-4B8B7B0384B2.jpeg

Shan’ann is happily clowning, guests are laughing and enjoying the wedding.
Except Chris.
There’s something off about this bloke....could he be on a spectrum.

Everybody with ASD is different. But everybody with ASD has elements of three things in common. They:
  • have difficulties relating to people – for example, they don’t like making eye contact, or find it hard to understand body language, or don’t easily understand other people’s emotions, or avoid physical contact
  • have areas of intense interest – such as a certain colour, or aeroplanes, or numbers
  • have repetitive behaviours – such as rocking, or twitching, or repeating certain words or phrases.

I wish they would make him watch His daughter sing “my daddy is a hero” at least once every day - I realize playing it continuously might be too much And considered torture —- but I would prefer that
JMO
From Netflix

The problem is that he regards her as less than nothing. You can't actually attribute "normal" behavior to someone like CW. Because if he was "normal" he wouldn't have slaughtered his family and put little girls in oil tanks. He killed his daughters, and put their bodies in oil tanks.

It wouldn't bother him a bit. He is like a rabid bat. Don't try to attribute normal human feelings on him.

View attachment 268800

Shan’ann is happily clowning, guests are laughing and enjoying the wedding.
Except Chris.
There’s something off about this bloke....could he be on a spectrum.

Everybody with ASD is different. But everybody with ASD has elements of three things in common. They:
  • have difficulties relating to people – for example, they don’t like making eye contact, or find it hard to understand body language, or don’t easily understand other people’s emotions, or avoid physical contact
  • have areas of intense interest – such as a certain colour, or aeroplanes, or numbers
  • have repetitive behaviours – such as rocking, or twitching, or repeating certain words or phrases.
I believe you are looking at a man on his wedding day with zero representation of his birth family. His parents and only sister boycotted their only son/brother's wedding day. IMO, that would be a good reason not to smile such as SM when she's facing her loving family and friends that are sharing in her joy.

MOO

I believe you are looking at a man on his wedding day with zero representation of his birth family. His parents and only sister boycotted their only son/brother's wedding day. IMO, that would be a good reason not to smile such as SM when she's facing her loving family and friends that are sharing in her joy.

MOO
Why did they not attend? That's appalling to me. However, my gpa didn't attend his only son's wedding because he didn't approve of the marriage. It is believed his disapproval was because my mother came from a broken home. I can't help but think CW's parents felt threatened by SW but it seems kinda dumb of them, controlling and off to a bad start by boycotting their big day. moo

Last edited:
Why did they not attend? That's appalling to me. However, my gpa didn't attend his only son's wedding because he didn't approve of the marriage. It is believed his disapproval was because my mother came from a broken home. I can't help but think CW's parents felt threatened by SW but it seems kinda dumb of them, controlling and off to a bad start by boycotting their big day. moo
From Netflix - they did not like her (mom, sister) so I guess his dad was ruled by them? He did not attend either
JMO

From Netflix - they did not like her (mom, sister) so I guess his dad was ruled by them? He did not attend either
JMO
But to me, that causes life long issues in their relationship with their son and his family. That's a lot of conflict to handle. Very disturbing imo.
To me, that's when you just gotta suck it up.

But to me, that causes life long issues in their relationship with their son and his family. That's a lot of conflict to handle. Very disturbing imo.
To me, that's when you just gotta suck it up.

Interesting family dynamics. And makes more sense about the evident dysfunctional relationship between them when Shanann was alive. And why CW's mama continues to blame the victims for CW's incarceration.

BTW, tonight at 7:00 MDT, on Facebook is the CW and family special.

"Featuring Colorado Killer Chris Watts, His Parents Cindy & Ronnie Watts and Sister, Jamie Lyn Williams, who - until now - managed to remain the MOST SECRETIVE and SILENT FIGURE in terms of the two families sucked into this case thus far. Presented in Association With BADMins."

I will take one for the team and see if I can watch a few minutes.

Interesting family dynamics. And makes more sense about the evident dysfunctional relationship between them when Shanann was alive. And why CW's mama continues to blame the victims for CW's incarceration.

"Featuring Colorado Killer Chris Watts, His Parents Cindy & Ronnie Watts and Sister, Jamie Lyn Williams, who - until now - managed to remain the MOST SECRETIVE and SILENT FIGURE in terms of the two families sucked into this case thus far. Presented in Association With BADMins."

Now I'm beginning to wonder if he also thought it was ok to kill them because his family didn't like her ? I'm still catching up on the original threads from two years ago.
JMO

This popped up on my FB feed this morning. What is this even supposed to be about?

Now I'm beginning to wonder if he also thought it was ok to kill them because his family didn't like her ? I'm still catching up on the original threads from two years ago.
JMO
Once you slog through those early threads, look up the interviews with the SIL and FIL. The one with Ronnie (FIL) in the interrogation just after the murders, then 1 with MIL and FIL with Colorado media, and the long one with MIL/Colorado media. This is how they treated SW, even after CW had plead guilty via the plea bargain to murdering the whole family. Just before the sentencing.

Then, look up on YT the book of Cindy's (five chapters) that was leaked about a year ago (?), and was devoted to roasting Shan'ann and her own family. The whole thing was released and discussed word for word by many sites.

Just for a quick understanding of how they treated her, look up the short video SW posted of the day that MIL/FIL arrived in Denver and how MIL treated SW on a simple stroll through downtown with SW, with CW and the girls. Cindy couldn't have portrayed hate any more clearly.

I couldn't say that he was more likely to murder because they hated SW, but they created him, and ultimately made her life like hell for 8 years trying to insert a wedge between the couple. I just can't imagine marrying with the groom's family refusing to come to the wedding. IIRC the grandma and an uncle came.

While back east, SW texted that Cindy was trying to influence Bella, telling Bella not to tell her own mother certain things. Trying, IMO, to break the trust between Bella and her mother. I haven't seen absolute proof yet that MIL/FIL knew about CW's affair with NK, but there are accounts that they, or at least one family member knew from the beginning. And, NK told LE that she heard about "nutgate" from a third party, ie not CW.

Last edited:
Once you slog through those early threads, look up the interviews with the SIL and FIL. The one with Ronnie (FIL) in the interrogation just after the murders, then 1 with MIL and FIL with Colorado media, and the long one with MIL/Colorado media. This is how they treated SW, even after CW had plead guilty via the plea bargain to murdering the whole family. Just before the sentencing.

Then, look up on YT the book of Cindy's (five chapters) that was leaked about a year ago (?), and was nearly completely roasting Shan'ann. The whole thing was released and discussed word for word by many sites.

Just for a quick understanding of how they treated her, look up the short video SW posted of the day that MIL/FIL arrived in Denver and how they treated SW on a simple stroll through downtown with SW, with CW and the girls. Cindy couldn't have portrayed hate any more clearly.

I couldn't say that he was more likely to murder because they hated SW, but they created him, and ultimately made her life like hell for 8 years trying to insert a wedge between the couple. I just can't imagine marrying with the groom's family refusing to come to the wedding. IIRC the grandma and an uncle came.

While back east, SW texted that Cindy was trying to influence Bella, telling Bella not to tell her own mother certain things. Trying, IMO, to break the trust between Bella and her mother. I haven't seen absolute proof yet that MIL/FIL knew about CW's affair with NK yet, but there are accounts that they, or at least one family member knew from the beginning. And, NK told LE that she heard about "nutgate" from a third party, ie not CW. IMO it was clearly a family effort to create problems between the couple.
Wow - thank you for all of this guidance - I hope it rains all weekend because this will take time and I want to honor her memory when I post on these threads.
JMO

*snipped by me*
While back east, SW texted that Cindy was trying to influence Bella, telling Bella not to tell her own mother certain things. Trying, IMO, to break the trust between Bella and her mother. I haven't seen absolute proof yet that MIL/FIL knew about CW's affair with NK, but there are accounts that they, or at least one family member knew from the beginning. And, NK told LE that she heard about "nutgate" from a third party, ie not CW.
That is just plain despicable. Just mind boggling. :mad:

JMO
Right? But how does one go from maybe being a bit aloof to deal with the family dynamics to murder?
Maybe CW was in a lot of conflict all along but then he found someone that really rocked his world and thought his family might approve. A complete redo.
I might be thinking too far tho.
It might have totally just had to do with finding someone that really rocked his world and his family just ceased to matter and only be thorns in his side. He figured out a solution.
What a weirdo!
jmo

JMO

I've often had that same thought. Plus some twisted subconscious motivation to please his mother. They are a strange family IMO, controlled by the mother's toxic narcissism. Even moving to Colorado wasn't enough to break her grasp on CW's psyche. In that wedding photo you can almost see a wistfulness in CW's face. As if he yearned for a normal loving family. I suspect that's what attracted him to Shannan initially.

Ultimately that yearning and putting on the costume of good dad and husband weren't enough to keep him from falling back into the vile meanness of his mother to get what his little brain wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin