Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I saw those FB posts. Just really got to me. Nothing can fix the devastation of her family. And others who loved them. It's unfathomable, you guys.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Also this:

Chris and Shanann Watts jointly filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in June 2015 in Colorado federal court, court records show. Chris Watts was working at the time for an oil and gas company, Anadarko Petroleum Corp., but it is not clear if he is still employed there. The couple was about $448,000 in debt at the time. The bankruptcy case was closed in October 2015.

Online court records also show Chris and Shanann Watts were sued for financial reasons by their homeowners association, Wyndham Hill Master Association Inc., on July 12, 2018. Details about that case were not immediately available. They were due in court on August 24. An attorney was not listed in court records for the Watts.

3. gitana1

How are you holding up? And how is your friend who called the police? How is she doing?

4. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Don’t want to say too much but nothing like signs of violence. One example, her phone was (hidden?) behind a cushion in the couch.

5. gitana1

That's what's been killing me from the beginning. Exactly that. They just spent all that time with them. Oh and the panicked posts of the dad and brother.

Did she suspect the husband at all? Why were people giving her grief on social media? For what? Bless her soul. I can't imagine.

That's right!!

Oh, one of our friends on here who went to bed was so worried about the poor dog. I hope she sees this post.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. wildmala

wildmala Active Member

Given he was working in the oil and gas industry, I’ll be curious if they are found near one of the rig sites north of the Greeley area.

7. Fairy1

Fairy1 VOTE!!!

I'm dreading what is yet to come. RIP, Shannon, CeCe and Bella. I'm so very sorry.

8. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

Just guessing but if he sealed the spot really tight with dirt, then covered with some flooring material, maybe the dogs will miss?

I live in a house with a very large garage with a storage room in the corner. When we purchased the house, the storage(bonus) room wasn't finished. It was just 4 walls, a door, and a dirt floor. We covered the floor with concrete tiles and use as a storage room. This is how I got the idea.

Lucyray, Lavender Moon, EA18G and 2 others like this.
  9. Colorado303

Just found out that long-term the dog will be living with Shanann’s Mom.

10. Denvergirl

Denvergirl Well-Known Member

Someone had pointed out on facebook that his right arm looks potentially broken - someone here had mentioned it looked like in a sling the way he was holding it. Interesting. so sad. :(

Also, her brother posted that they found out she was pregnant with a boy. :(

"I just want to know why. My precious family. Bella, Celeste and her just found out unborn son Niko. I just want 30 seconds alone with that heartless psychopath. May Satan have mercy on his soul. The cops drug their feet. He was the only one with them and backed his truck into the garage. Doesn't take a genius to know who was suspect. My blood is boiling and the pain and anger and sadness I have in my heart. Nothing absolutely nothing would get in my way of taking away his life like he did mine and my ENTIRE FAMILY." - FR

Attached Files:

• arm.jpg
      arm.jpg
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
    8paws, Weeobanite, Lucyray and 23 others like this.
  11. Poppyflower

Poppyflower Well-Known Member

Thank you for the updates.

Do you know if he or they owned guns?

12. RavenCC2020

RavenCC2020 Well-Known Member

And every one of us here can totally understand where her brother is coming from. I do hope the media steps away and allows this family the respect they deserve and necessary time to grieve in peace. That is raw pain you are reading right there. I hope her siblings and parents are able to bring each other comfort in the coming days to get through this as a family. Now more then ever they need to be a rock for each other for their is no one who loved her the same way as they her family did. I hope they seek counseling because this is just a trauma that rocks you to the soul.

13. No_Digital_footprint

No_Digital_footprint Well-Known Member

That guy will NOT do well in prison... #silverlining

wgram, Weeobanite, Lucyray and 26 others like this.
  14. Poppyflower

Was he manipulative, controlling, condescending, passive aggressive and/or verbally abusive? He look slippery.

15. ryanwrightphoto

ryanwrightphoto Member

Devastated. Wrong I was, I wanted to believe that someone who was in his position wouldn't be capable of this heinous act.

16. Poppyflower

It makes sense with the timeline- there wasn't much time, if what we know is true. Otherwise he would have been late to work. Who knows if he had a strict schedule. If he didn't, then they could be somewhere near there...I'll look on the map. Please, I hope they didn't suffer.

17. KathrynL

KathrynL Well-Known Member

Amen.

Lucyray, Portabella, EA18G and 4 others like this.
  18. Colorado303

I’m incredibly sad but only had the pleasure of meeting Shanann a few times so it’s much harder on those who were close to her. My friend is as you’d imagine heartbroken beyond words— on top of losing her best friend she’s been dealing w/social media criticism, wild accusations, press hounding her and interviews w/LE. All of that pales in comparison to the worry (and now grief) she’s feeling, but it made for a really rough week. I would have been a basket case by Monday night but she may bethestrongest person I know. It will take a long time, but hoping she will be OK. So many people affected. Her teen-age son babysat the girls — my heart breaks for him too.

jking, 8paws, Gardener1850 and 70 others like this.
  19. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit Livin', lovin', I'm just a woman.

20. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Gitana tried to post the link to the 3pm presser but it didn't come out right.

This is the link (I hope)

Facebook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.