Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<RSBM>
I definitely think it possible that he used the bobcat in the cover up preparations without using it later in the actual burial event.

I wonder what BM's hunting MO is. As in, what he did with the bodies of the animals he killed. Did he hunt for the venison, or did he solely hunt for the antlers? :(

We have a case here in Australia, where a couple have disappeared in a remote area where there is a lot of deer hunting. Some legal hunting, some illegal hunting.
Upon searching for the couple, they have encountered a lot of dead deer left in the open - sans antlers.
It seems that a responsible hunter *should* bury the remains.

The reason I am wondering this is because it may point to how BM disposed of Suzanne's remains. Maybe the police have consulted with BM's hunting friends, as opposed to strictly looking for Suzanne along the lines of how people-killers conceal their victims.

Last edited:
Good morning all, it's been a good while since I posted here, but by no means have I not been devouring every word posted here during and after the second part of the (somewhat anticlimactic, IMO) preliminary hearing. That said I feel confident BM will go to trial, at least.

Suzanne has been front and center for me in the last week as well. I had the opportunity to spend time in Denver, CO for work and took a few days off for some recreation. During my travels around the area, I passed through many key points of interest in this case. Drove through/near Broomfield on my way to Boulder, saw signs to Salida on our way to Bighorn Canyon/Royal Gorge. I really wanted to detour but alas was really short on time. Such a beautiful, vast terrain...I kept thinking about all the similar places BM could have put Suzanne. Praying for a miracle that she will be found, but it will definitely take one. IMO she is likely somewhere no human could access.

On a lighter note, every landmark/sign I passed (including Garden of the Gods Rd which I remembered from little Gannon Stauch's case) I filled my boyfriend in on the details of the true crime connection. At one point he looked at me and said, "I'm not coming back from this trip alive, am I?"

I'm thinking of leaving corporate America and starting the Colorado Crime Tour Company...who's in?
Had to laugh at this, thanks for the levity :D

OK, last write up for now. This one is all over the place. I hope you gain something from it, I don't know... :oops:

This is my interpretation of what I heard. This information has been
provided for use and discussion at Websleuths only.

Day 4 remainder of morning and afternoon session

Iris Eytan (IE) calls Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 10:55 AM.

Agent Cahill confirmed that “numerous DNA samples” were processed. Confirmed that they considered “all DNA”. Confirms that there was unknown DNA in the glove box of SMs RR. IE asks Agent Cahill very detailed questions and Agent Cahill reminds her that “I am not the author of this report”. IE made him confirm that he had not seen the final version of the AA. Agent Cahill confirmed that BM was “excluded from the glove box as a DNA contributor”. IE brings up that there was unknown DNA found on SMs bike. If I remember correctly, Agent Cahill was not aware of this. IE then stated “Did the AA state “edited and reviewed by Joseph Cahill”?” Agent Cahill responded “No it did not”. IE then showed the AA to Agent Cahill and asked him “Does this refresh your memory?” It did not.

IE then states that Agent Cahill is a “adverse witness” and she requested “permission to lead”.

Agent Cahill had to answer how much of the 126-page AA he read. He got to page 19, then sent it back to Commander Walker, as he was going on military leave.

IE “Were you aware of DNA results?” regarding foreign DNA on SMs bike. Agent Cahill “I do not recall”.

IE informed that results indicated foreign DNA on bike “rims” or “brakes”, handlebars. There was reportedly also foreign DNA on the rear seat cushion of SMs RR. BM was reportedly excluded. BM also excluded from bike brakes and handlebars of SMs bike. IE asked if the “task force considered the foreign DNA profiles”.

blue shirt in creek found in May 2021” – Was submitted for examination, no match to BMs DNA.

October 8, 2020 – Glove box DNA forwarded to Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) with the goal to search for a match. Agent Cahill has not reviewed those results. IE points out that it returned 3 matches to unsolved sex assault cases.

October 20, 2020 – IE stated that this is the date Agent Cahill was made aware of the unsolved sex assault cases. Cahill stated that this is incorrect.

May 19, 2021 – Ms. Duce (spelling?), who works in the lab, authored a letter to Agent Cahill. Agent Cahill did not get this letter until it was provided to him by the DA. The letter informed that the glove box DNA contained a “partial DNA profile” based on “limited genetic data”. 3 matches were found.

ever seen this letter?” - IE asked Agent Cahill if he ever saw the “matched profiles from other cases” letter. He stated “No, not prior to receiving it from the DA’s office 2 weeks ago”

- “Tempe, AZ” case: Contacted Tempe officer. IE asked Agent Cahill where the sex assault occurred. He answered “I don’t know”. IE asked “Was it outside of a convenience store?” He answered “Yes”. IE asked “Was there DNA recovered from the woman in Tempe case?” He answered “Yes”. They reportedly had 2 suspects in Tempe case. DEFENSE EXHIBIT 22: Letter from Ms. Duce (spelling?) to CBI investigators. CODIS match to Phoenix, Tempe, Chicago cases. IE asked if it was ever checked if BM was involved in their cases and vice versa. She is concerned that they checked if BM could have committed sex assault in Tempe, but not if suspects in Tempe case could have been involved in SMs case. Partial DNA did not match either suspects in the Tempe case as per Agent Cahill. It went back and forth over if or if not there is scientific data connecting the suspects in Tempe etc. to SMs case. IE eventually stated to Agent Cahill “There is no scientific reason for you to say no match”.

- Match “Phoenix” case: November 19, 2020 letter. Glove box and unsolved sex assault case in Phoenix. Then I wrote “sperm fraction” and “underwear”, but don’t remember what this entailed. IE states that there was no follow-up on CODIS DNA match with Phoenix LE.

- Match “Chicago” case: April 28, 2021. CBI advised Illinois LE of match aka “laboratory report CODIS hit”. May 21, 2021 – Letter. May 21, 2021 – Agent Cahill was made aware, has not seen letter from Ms. Duce (spelling?). Did receive call from CBI Burgess advising of match with Chicago case. Did not investigate. Agent Cahill was on military leave March 8, 2021 – May 10, 2021. D/t this Burgess followed up.

September 3, 2020 – CBI email/letter to/from Holiday Inn. Strong chlorine “pool” smell in Room 225, where BM stayed in. Agent Cahill confirms that he has not seen the letter but “it was discussed” and “don’t remember specific dialogue”.

Iris Eytan (IE) finished with Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 11:45 AM.

Prosecution will get 10 minutes prior to lunch with Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI.

Agent Cahill was asked if it is correct that BMs DNA was found on SMs bike seat and in SMs Range Rover. Agent Cahill replied “I have to refer to the report”. The date of the report is June, 8, 2020. DNA on front passenger door, front driver’s door, and backseat pocket?

CODIS” – Is a combined nationwide DNA database including felony offenses. It’s like a big computer/database. Allele/DNA marker discussion.

Lunch until 1:30 PM.

Prosecution with Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 1:30 PM.

Cahill’s experience with DNA” – Receives reports from lab to see if present and can be used in investigation. Limited experience collecting DNA via swap. Experience with reading records.

Mark Hurlbert/Prosecution: “What does “match” mean?”, Agent Cahill: “A lead. Result of keyboard search”.

DEFENSE EXHIBIT ZZ – Match in this context? Investigative lead. Could not arrest anyone based on just a match. Limited genetic data and used as lead only. DNA report with general values. No numerical value assigned.

Iris Eytan (IE) re-crosses Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 13:51.

Iris Eytan (IE) requests “proof of evidence” today “so Mr. Morphew doesn’t have to continue sitting in jail”.

Judge says not today, has to analyze information, come to right decision, and that he is not a robot.

Recess until 2:30 PM to discuss date/time for next session.

BM looks angry, deflated, head on hand, head on desk, head down. etc.

BMs mother appears to be crying at 2:30 PM.

BM appears to be crying. TN has hand on his back and comforts him.

Court resumes at 2:33 PM.

BM now sitting in between Iris Eytan and Dru Nielsen.

Return on September 17, 2021 at 1:30 PM. File briefs by September 3, 2021. Judge will make decision and the release of the AA will be addressed.

Court in recess at 2:34 PM.

Strongly agree! Whatever smarts BM lacks may well be compensated by his determination. IMO the man lived a double (or triple) life for many years while he planned how he would live out his life on the wealth of his deceased wife. But his plans were foiled when the cancer didn't kill Suzanne, now he needed to plan for her demise and cover-up.
I definitely think it possible that he used the bobcat in the cover up preparations without using it later in the actual burial event.
IMO
When her cancer came back, I agree BM certainly thought the cancer would kill her. He though he just needed to wait it out.

But then, SM triumphantly beat cancer for a second time. His timing in planning to kill her then became very specific. He was running out of time before the Indiana house closed and she would want her $500,000 inheritance back. BM realized he had to kill her before the Indiana house closed.

BM wanted/needed that money. I'll let all of your imaginations run wild as to why he needed that money so badly.

All JMO, MOO, etc.

IMO
When her cancer came back, I agree BM certainly thought the cancer would kill her. He though he just needed to wait it out.

But then, SM triumphantly beat cancer for a second time. His timing in planning to kill her then became very specific. He was running out of time before the Indiana house closed and she would want her $500,000 inheritance back. BM realized he had to kill her before the Indiana house closed.

BM wanted/needed that money. I'll let all of your imaginations run wild as to why he needed that money so badly.

All JMO, MOO, etc.

Yes! Wouldn't put anything past him as to what was his plan, greedy and/or nefarious.
I haven't done a serious search of the media/timeline thread to look for where, on record, Suzanne asked him for her money. I think it was a spy pen recording from the truck. Anyone remember? @NoSI, any recollection?

Yes! Wouldn't put anything past him as to what was his plan, greedy and/or nefarious.
I haven't done a serious search of the media/timeline thread to look for where, on record, Suzanne asked him for her money. I think it was a spy pen recording from the truck. Anyone remember? @NoSI, any recollection?

Yup, that is correct @Aloe, I think.

# Recording 2: Unintentional recording of BM & SM in F350 arguing. Argument was over money and SM requested that BM pay her back.
- Discussion about SM not working and being a homemaker. “Being paid back” refers to “inheritance that was used to purchase house”. Some of the inheritance may have also been used in an investment.

OK, last write up for now. This one is all over the place. I hope you gain something from it, I don't know... :oops:

This is my interpretation of what I heard. This information has been
provided for use and discussion at Websleuths only.

Day 4 remainder of morning and afternoon session

Iris Eytan (IE) calls Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 10:55 AM.

Agent Cahill confirmed that “numerous DNA samples” were processed. Confirmed that they considered “all DNA”. Confirms that there was unknown DNA in the glove box of SMs RR. IE asks Agent Cahill very detailed questions and Agent Cahill reminds her that “I am not the author of this report”. IE made him confirm that he had not seen the final version of the AA. Agent Cahill confirmed that BM was “excluded from the glove box as a DNA contributor”. IE brings up that there was unknown DNA found on SMs bike. If I remember correctly, Agent Cahill was not aware of this. IE then stated “Did the AA state “edited and reviewed by Joseph Cahill”?” Agent Cahill responded “No it did not”. IE then showed the AA to Agent Cahill and asked him “Does this refresh your memory?” It did not.

IE then states that Agent Cahill is a “adverse witness” and she requested “permission to lead”.

Agent Cahill had to answer how much of the 126-page AA he read. He got to page 19, then sent it back to Commander Walker, as he was going on military leave.

IE “Were you aware of DNA results?” regarding foreign DNA on SMs bike. Agent Cahill “I do not recall”.

IE informed that results indicated foreign DNA on bike “rims” or “brakes”, handlebars. There was reportedly also foreign DNA on the rear seat cushion of SMs RR. BM was reportedly excluded. BM also excluded from bike brakes and handlebars of SMs bike. IE asked if the “task force considered the foreign DNA profiles”.

blue shirt in creek found in May 2021” – Was submitted for examination, no match to BMs DNA.

October 8, 2020 – Glove box DNA forwarded to Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) with the goal to search for a match. Agent Cahill has not reviewed those results. IE points out that it returned 3 matches to unsolved sex assault cases.

October 20, 2020 – IE stated that this is the date Agent Cahill was made aware of the unsolved sex assault cases. Cahill stated that this is incorrect.

May 19, 2021 – Ms. Duce (spelling?), who works in the lab, authored a letter to Agent Cahill. Agent Cahill did not get this letter until it was provided to him by the DA. The letter informed that the glove box DNA contained a “partial DNA profile” based on “limited genetic data”. 3 matches were found.

ever seen this letter?” - IE asked Agent Cahill if he ever saw the “matched profiles from other cases” letter. He stated “No, not prior to receiving it from the DA’s office 2 weeks ago”

- “Tempe, AZ” case: Contacted Tempe officer. IE asked Agent Cahill where the sex assault occurred. He answered “I don’t know”. IE asked “Was it outside of a convenience store?” He answered “Yes”. IE asked “Was there DNA recovered from the woman in Tempe case?” He answered “Yes”. They reportedly had 2 suspects in Tempe case. DEFENSE EXHIBIT 22: Letter from Ms. Duce (spelling?) to CBI investigators. CODIS match to Phoenix, Tempe, Chicago cases. IE asked if it was ever checked if BM was involved in their cases and vice versa. She is concerned that they checked if BM could have committed sex assault in Tempe, but not if suspects in Tempe case could have been involved in SMs case. Partial DNA did not match either suspects in the Tempe case as per Agent Cahill. It went back and forth over if or if not there is scientific data connecting the suspects in Tempe etc. to SMs case. IE eventually stated to Agent Cahill “There is no scientific reason for you to say no match”.

- Match “Phoenix” case: November 19, 2020 letter. Glove box and unsolved sex assault case in Phoenix. Then I wrote “sperm fraction” and “underwear”, but don’t remember what this entailed. IE states that there was no follow-up on CODIS DNA match with Phoenix LE.

- Match “Chicago” case: April 28, 2021. CBI advised Illinois LE of match aka “laboratory report CODIS hit”. May 21, 2021 – Letter. May 21, 2021 – Agent Cahill was made aware, has not seen letter from Ms. Duce (spelling?). Did receive call from CBI Burgess advising of match with Chicago case. Did not investigate. Agent Cahill was on military leave March 8, 2021 – May 10, 2021. D/t this Burgess followed up.

September 3, 2020 – CBI email/letter to/from Holiday Inn. Strong chlorine “pool” smell in Room 225, where BM stayed in. Agent Cahill confirms that he has not seen the letter but “it was discussed” and “don’t remember specific dialogue”.

Iris Eytan (IE) finished with Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 11:45 AM.

Prosecution will get 10 minutes prior to lunch with Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI.

Agent Cahill was asked if it is correct that BMs DNA was found on SMs bike seat and in SMs Range Rover. Agent Cahill replied “I have to refer to the report”. The date of the report is June, 8, 2020. DNA on front passenger door, front driver’s door, and backseat pocket?

CODIS” – Is a combined nationwide DNA database including felony offenses. It’s like a big computer/database. Allele/DNA marker discussion.

Lunch until 1:30 PM.

Prosecution with Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 1:30 PM.

Cahill’s experience with DNA” – Receives reports from lab to see if present and can be used in investigation. Limited experience collecting DNA via swap. Experience with reading records.

Mark Hurlbert/Prosecution: “What does “match” mean?”, Agent Cahill: “A lead. Result of keyboard search”.

DEFENSE EXHIBIT ZZ – Match in this context? Investigative lead. Could not arrest anyone based on just a match. Limited genetic data and used as lead only. DNA report with general values. No numerical value assigned.

Iris Eytan (IE) re-crosses Agent Joseph Cahill/CBI at 13:51.

Iris Eytan (IE) requests “proof of evidence” today “so Mr. Morphew doesn’t have to continue sitting in jail”.

Judge says not today, has to analyze information, come to right decision, and that he is not a robot.

Recess until 2:30 PM to discuss date/time for next session.

BM looks angry, deflated, head on hand, head on desk, head down. etc.

BMs mother appears to be crying at 2:30 PM.

BM appears to be crying. TN has hand on his back and comforts him.

Court resumes at 2:33 PM.

BM now sitting in between Iris Eytan and Dru Nielsen.

Return on September 17, 2021 at 1:30 PM. File briefs by September 3, 2021. Judge will make decision and the release of the AA will be addressed.

Court in recess at 2:34 PM.
Thanks NoSI, your notes have been so interesting and really helpful.

I wonder what BM's hunting MO is. As in, what he did with the bodies of the animals he killed. Did he hunt for the venison, or did he solely hunt for the antlers? :(

We have a case here in Australia, where a couple have disappeared in a remote area where there is a lot of deer hunting. Some legal hunting, some illegal hunting.
Upon searching for the couple, they have encountered a lot of dead deer left in the open - sans antlers.
It seems that a responsible hunter *should* bury the remains.

The reason I am wondering this is because it may point to how BM disposed of Suzanne's remains. Maybe the police have consulted with BM's hunting friends, as opposed to strictly looking for Suzanne along the lines of how people-killers conceal their victims.

Good point. We have a few people knowledgeable about hunting and hunters here in the group. I hope LE has consulted with Dept. of Fish & Game and the Forestry Service, etc. They did consult with a veterinarian regarding the tranquilizer.

Yup, that is correct @Aloe, I think.

# Recording 2: Unintentional recording of BM & SM in F350 arguing. Argument was over money and SM requested that BM pay her back.
- Discussion about SM not working and being a homemaker. “Being paid back” refers to “inheritance that was used to purchase house”. Some of the inheritance may have also been used in an investment.

Thank you @NoSI !! Now I have an idea where to look. I am sure someone tweeted Suzanne's words being "so, can I have my money". I wish it could be known if that was a direct quote or not. Not that it makes a huge difference or may be any more relevant than other evidence. It's bugging me!
MOO EBM

Last edited:
It appears the D tried to make a big deal over foreign DNA found on Suzanne's glove box. Uh, her RR was 5 years old, at the time of the crime. It could have any number of person's DNA within the interior. Besides, she wasn't driving in her car at the time when she went missing.

What type of seat was found inside her vehicle? Was it a cushion? Where did it belong? Perhaps she used one when driving but it's doubtful.

Suzanne was alleged by Barry as riding her bike that was later located as having a "ghost-rider" very near the PP home. I remain grateful for the expert cyclist that was Suzanne's bike mechanic.

If the D wastes the juries' time on speculation about DNA in or on Suzanne's glove box, they'll be found barking up the wrong tree. The jury won't be amused with Wasted Time.

I wanna know where Barry and his truck and his trailer and his beloved Bobcat were on Thursday and Friday nights.

Also.... we learned about three plots to kill Kelsey B before the scented candle massacre....

Had Barry lured Suzanne out previously? The walk near their home on Wednesday... Moonlit Pizza on Friday.... was he plotting something and just couldn't do it? Hence the long-range plan? The dart.

In any event, in the weeks, days and hours before 5/9, it's conceivable that Barry and his Bobcat were together, at work sites where you'd expect them to be.... but preparing something NO ONE saw coming.

All he needed was one very deep hole. At an active work site, if he was working after 5 pm, nobody else would know... passersby would scarcely acknowledge -- a worker working. Unless of course it was 11 pm...

If he used the Bobcat to dig such a hole, he could park the Bobcat and do the rest by hand when the time came.

JMO

He'd have had to have done it near his house or work site (or in between), because otherwise his truck GPS would show it.

I assume LE has done drone searches around the Beach area. I sure hope so. Have seen no evidence that this is true, though. There are really only a few places where Barry could have used the Bobcat at night. I also wonder if they went back in time on his truck and phone GPS - for a few months...

IMO

All JMO, MOO, etc.

This is a strong theory that pulls many features of the case together, succinctly.

I think she was looking for herself. Obviously, just guessing. But IME, women who separate from abusive husbands do not want to live on 7 acres at the edge of a wilderness. Women whose husbands get violent want a house next to other people - often a condo, actually. They want regular phone service and good cellular connections. No amount of R/O's can protect them completely.

I think Suzanne was lonely and wanted more of a social life. And even women who are in very happy marriages often give up isolated properties when they become widows.

Further, since Suzanne was not the main earner of their cash flow, she'd want a house that was more affordable, she doesn't seem like the type to demand the more expensive house. Barry, after all, found it possible to spend nearly $200,000 on a vacant lot after she went missing - that would have been a nice down payment on a condo and perhaps Suzanne would eventually be able to manage the payments.

Finally, she was thinking she'd be living there soon, during her daughter's last year of high school. It would have been perfect for the two of them - and would have pretty much ensured that Suzanne and MM2 lived together in Salida - let Barry be by himself in that house with all the dead animals.

The dead animals are the final reason why I do not think Suzanne wanted to stay there. Barry picked the house, let him keep it. I suspect that Suzanne could have been very happy in 2000 sf in Salida. She could have been more a part of her daughter's senior year, gotten to her maintenance treatments easily, made friends etc.

One of the main things that sustains a woman leaving an abusive, controlling relationship is the freedom to make friends and resume an actual social life. While still in the relationship, one has to hide so much...

IMO

(It is an interesting topic to me).

So much Suzanne never got to do.

Because Barry loved her to death.

JMO

I think it's impossible for all the reasons mentions. Flow of the river, massive amounts of rocks (of which there are satellite pictures) and most of all, the fact that there are flow monitors all along the river.

I think the people at the dam would kind of notice if the river stopped flowing. Plus, all it would take would be a higher than average snowfall/Spring runoff and skeletal parts would start occurring - there's not a muddy area under that river - it's rocks, all the way down, shifting all the time (with gravel and coarse sand above that). Auguring through all those rocks is...not really possible (you'd need two machines working simultaneously).

Even if a temporary dam was made, digging in that riverbed is so difficult that engineering an actual dam takes an expert - and more than a Bobcat. Water would have flowed around said dam and flooded nearby areas in an obvious way.

Didn't happen. Is also IMO technically impossible.
And there are environmental implications, which could lead to a lawsuit. Water rights are an issue in CO so even if a landowner technically owns the property to the middle of the stream bed adjacent to their property, someone else may have prior water rights, possibly leading to legal action.

It's surprising how unsettled the law is in CO regarding ownership and use of recreational rivers and water since so much home building is occurring along them. It would be advisable to be careful unless you have deep pockets to support legal action.

A couple of interesting references:

How Do Colorado Water Rights Affect Local Real Estate?

Property owners prevail against effort to make Arkansas riverbed public property - by Joe Stone - Ark Valley Voice

So now I can't find the message. Somebody had asked me to doublecheck the time when BM went to river by Puma Path to check on turkeys or go after turkey or act like a turkey... who knows... Here is what I have:
I think act like a turkey is what he did 24/7! He left little turkey feathers all over the place detailing his awful acts!

He had every intention of framing his crew, I think he intended to dispose of something outside of her home. BM being there at 4am is important somehow, he screwed his whole timeline when she woke up to the sound of his truck.
Maybe it was going to be said that the plan was to always leave at 5am on that day and he went there but she didn't wake up. I would think if she had any texts on her phone to confirm the 530pm timeline that might be why he didn't want her to turn that phone over. He was going to suggest that he always planned to leave early and she ended up having to come up later because she didn't come outside so he left her. Now if he planted something what would it have been? Maybe he did and they never found it?

He'd have had to have done it near his house or work site (or in between), because otherwise his truck GPS would show it.

I assume LE has done drone searches around the Beach area. I sure hope so. Have seen no evidence that this is true, though. There are really only a few places where Barry could have used the Bobcat at night. I also wonder if they went back in time on his truck and phone GPS - for a few months...
I'd like to know if either or both of the RRs have a hitch ball -- because I'm pretty sure they would be capable of pulling a trailer with a Bobcat.

And there are environmental implications, which could lead to a lawsuit. Water rights are an issue in CO so even if a landowner technically owns the property to the middle of the stream bed adjacent to their property, someone else may have prior water rights, possibly leading to legal action.

It's surprising how unsettled the law is in CO regarding ownership and use of recreational rivers and water since so much home building is occurring along them. It would be advisable to be careful unless you have deep pockets to support legal action.

A couple of interesting references:

How Do Colorado Water Rights Affect Local Real Estate?

Property owners prevail against effort to make Arkansas riverbed public property - by Joe Stone - Ark Valley Voice

Yes. And in addition to any state laws, there are federal laws (Corps of Engineers at a minimum) against "dredge and fill" in an active waterway without a permit, which means pretty much any digging, dumping, or heavy equipment used within the banks of a live waterway. (this isn't only about altering the path of the water or introducing toxins to the flow but also of causing erosion to the banks, degrading fish and riparian plant and wildlife habitat, etc.)

I do know that infractions of those laws often go unnoticed, and those that do get noticed often go unpunished, sadly. I was also about to say "Barry probably doesn't know or care about those kinds of laws" but then I remembered that in all likelihood the "beach" work site in Salida required that Corps of Engineers dredge/fill permit. I assume the general contractor dealt with that bureaucratic detail as opposed to Barry, but you'd think he would at least have been told of any requirements of the permit. Hopefully.

MOO

Last edited:
IMO

All JMO, MOO, etc.

'Round these parts, we call that motive.

Are you saying it would be impossible?

Speaking for myself (I once lived in Salida and revisit often), it does seem impossible. The Arkansas River through that part of the valley is not at all deep, but it is narrow and absolutely clogged with rocks and boulders. There is also a great deal of treefall.

Go there and observe for yourself and you will also find it impossible to imagine anyone ever thinking a body could float downstream for more than a few feet or be concealed in any way.

We're not talking about the Mississippi here.

I find it interesting that Suzanne wanted to be “paid back”, if supposedly they were still madly in love. Unless they maintained separate finances, or Barry used the money for his business against Suzanne’s wishes, wouldn’t it be “their money” ultimately? Just like when he told Gene that it was Suzanne’s loan, they seemed to have a division of funds. I wonder why.
It was said that Suzanne was in the best shape of her life, and she had become ballsy according to Barry. Did he equate that to her using chemicals and alcohol? I wonder which house Suzanne wanted to look at-I looked, they were all very pricey and did not look downsizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member