Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind, so much of what Barry says and does is theater. This could be an elaborate attempt to make everyone look the wrong way again.

Or he could just be stupid. It all comes down to, what's in the box. If it's a parole violation, we have our answer. If it's just a random t-shirt, there is another agenda.

Kind of a petty move to press charges here by Emily, it's clear Shoshona is picking up a package that doesn't belong to Emily.
Disagree....to have your property clearly posted with No Trespassing signs....only to have someone ignore them like they don't matter is quite disrespectful....I would press charges too.

In normal circumstances I would think the same. But if it was just about keeping LE in the loop re BM she could have reported it but not pressed charges. So I think she is pressing charges maybe to send a very strong message, to BM and also to potential gawkers and crime tourists, that they really don’t want to be trespassing on her property and there will be consequences if they do. I don’t blame her one bit for that.
Might add to this....When LE told the property owner who the person in the video was....She may have felt that this event was tied to a larger ongoing criminal matter....and full documentation and accounting was the prudent thing to do....only filing charges would do that.

The PP property has been thrust into the international limelight once again. It will draw attention for years to come. No telling who may show up or be lurking in the shadows nearby. Creepy at best. Hidden secrets, maybe.

Has anyone noticed that the place that Suzanne's bike was found is approximately 165 miles due east of where the two women were killed in Moab? I also find it interesting that there have been several people that have gone missing or were killed in that area over several decades.

Has anyone noticed that the place that Suzanne's bike was found is approximately 165 miles due east of where the two women were killed in Moab? I also find it interesting that there have been several people that have gone missing or were killed in that area over several decades.
Huh??
Moab and Salida are in different states

Oh, Boy.

It just hit me.

She denied their relationship.

She said some people say she looks like Suzanne.

Why'd she say that?

IMO it wasn't to give herself an undeserved compliment.

IMO it was to presplain sightings with Barry while Suzanne was still alive!!! (And possibly that weekend!)

As in: that wasn't me, that was her.

There it is.

JMO

Last edited:
I thought it was too scary to stay at the house, with hungry mountain lions and hungry abductors lurking.

But it's safe one house over?

I say sometimes the biggest danger is IN the house, whichever house it is.

But that's just my opinion.

Not only did Judge Murphy allow BM freedom he doesn't deserve.....he chose to live walking distance from the property.

SD’s arrest IMO shows playing with fire agenda.

Suzanne is on that property. FOR NOW.:(

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of a petty move to press charges here by Emily, it's clear Shoshona is picking up a package that doesn't belong to Emily.

I couldn't disagree more. This woman was trespassing on private property, had NO business there, and removed something from the porch. Do we know for a fact the package wasn't addressed to the owners? Nope, we sure don't. Regardless, even if it wasn't addressed to the owners, heck, even if the packaged was addressed to her, THAT isn't her address and SD didn't have permission to enter the property and take anything. I'd press charges too, 100%.

Short answer: it's expensive and technical to setup a surveillance system.

I just set up a camera system at my house and it's hard and expensive. I have 8 cameras 6 recording 247, and 2 on motion detection, when you record 247 it takes up a lot of hard drive space, and it's very taxing on the hard drive and processor, I bought a used surveillance 14 TB HD for $265, the 8 cameras were around $400, plus Blue Iris $60. I used an old computer and the i7 2600k cannot handle 8 cameras recording 247, despite spending days trying to get settings right. The two cameras I set to motion detection one of them missed an event where someone hit two of my garbage cans in the middle of the night, it totally missed it. So Im looking at dumping even more money on a new computer. It's expensive and hard to set up a camera system.

It all depends on what you use. I tried a system like what you described and it was a nightmare. I switched to wireless cameras from Wyze, which are about $25 a piece and couldn't be easier to setup. Can record to cheap sd cards, be monitored live from a phone, have all kinds of motion detection options, and an optional cloud storage plan. So cheap and easy that I currently have one set up to see which dog is using the kitchen as a rest room! (And it's not an ad for Wyze, there are tons of similar competing products, at different price points, with different capabilities and options.) It is really remarkable how far this stuff has come.

As for the doorbell cam, it was just that one that required the doorbell to be rung. The owner said the doorbell was not rung, in this case. There were other cameras that are constantly filming and alerted the owner.

I couldn't disagree more. This woman was trespassing on private property, had NO business there, and removed something from the porch. Do we know for a fact the package wasn't addressed to the owners? Nope, we sure don't. Regardless, even if it wasn't addressed to the owners, heck, even if the packaged was addressed to her, THAT isn't her address and SD didn't have permission to enter the property and take anything. I'd press charges too, 100%.
LE knows I'm sure who the package was addressed to. They more or less alluded to that in the affidavit. They would have charged her with theft if the story did not pan out. I'm not concerned about that. Legally she was trespassing so it seems to me that while it's the lowest misdemeanor it is a heavy penalty for a first time trespasser but apparently Chaffee County doesn't have the ability to issue a citation and warning. I don't think this is anything more than what it is. And at most it is a huge warning to any potential looky loos who might think "no one's home....I'll just go tromp on the property." But...they sure do like to write long arrest warrants with extraneous and unrelated info in them out there LOL. I got a kick out of reading it as did I'm sure the judge.

Oh, Boy.

It just hit me.

She denied their relationship.

She said some people say she looks like Suzanne.

Why'd she say that?

IMO it wasn't to give herself an undeserved compliment.

IMO it was to presplain sightings with Barry while Suzanne was still alive!!! (And possibly that weekend!)

As in: that wasn't me, that was her.

There it is.

JMO

WOW!!! THAT is brilliant! That whole comment about looking like Suzanne creeped me out, like something out of a movie, but this adds some logic to it.

I'm a little confused. Didn't SD have a 4pm appearance yesterday regarding a permanent restraining order from someone? Or did I somehow misread all that? I haven't seen anything else about it.

In my opinion, SD “jogging” up the driveway indicates that she was aware that what she was doing was inappropriate, otherwise she would have just walked up to the porch and rung the doorbell. She wanted to be in and out as fast as possible before she was seen and challenged.
moo

We have absolutely no idea what LE suspects or knows. This issue with the package discredits another of BMs confidants. This package issue may have happened before and the owners gave them leeway. I'm sure there's a ton of suspicious activity that wasn't in the AA because it's "petty" if not proven. This really helps LE keep a tiny bit closer eye on the game players. If I were BMs friend/confidant, I'd step very carefully. Makes me a bit more confident that LE is still working on putting all the pieces of deception together. Including if there was an ongoing affair in BMs life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member