Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t buy that friending 3 "Jeff's" was coincidental, whether it was done by Barry or Suzanne I’m not sure. I can’t help but wonder now, was Barry actually looking at Suzanne’s phone in real time. Spyware has been around since 2013. I think he finally had a name. Suppose he was right there, real time, on a device watching her interactions with Jeff that last day, that last week.

RSBM. I've suspected that myself @Murphy1950. MG may have witnessed the very moment SM's fate was sealed.

Why the charger?

IMO it can only mean it was connected to the phone.

Ah, if Suzanne and JL were blowing up their phones, Suzanne may have plugged her phone in to charge alongside her bed where we know she normally kept it (in preparation for her routine, afternoon bike ride).

As far as we know, JL never joined her on WA so she may have moved on.

She showers, dresses, starts a load of laundry -- away from her phone, it's charging, she may be unaware of Barry's calls or seeing that she missed a dozen of them, may have started to answer, then changed her mind.

She may well have been in the laundry room when Barry encountered her --

She may have run for her room because that's where her phone was -- she could've been trying to call for help when Barry barreled through the door, ripping her phone both from her hand and the wall.

And that would explain why it's missing.

JMO

I've been thinking about the laundry room. I think it's the second doorway across from the bonus.
ScreenHunter 1285.png
Closet

Normally laundry would be by the mud room/garage door but I'm not sure there is enough room behind the fridge to put in the washer and dryer for it to be there with the antelope behind Suzanne's office space.
ScreenHunter 1286.png ScreenHunter 1290.png
Two views of the door because neither of them is distinguishable. It's open so you can see the hinges in the first pic and the open dark room in the other. Resolution is terrible.

The door to the garage is here (open), with a door behind the fridge that has an area too small to be anything but a pantry.
ScreenHunter 1292.png ScreenHunter 1291.png
Two views

It's a long straight path so she could have had enough warning to lock herself in the bedroom.

All screencaps:

I believe it's noted in the AA that the telematics for Suzanne's vehicle were not complete yet at the time of the AA being written. I don't know how a year later, but maybe backlog? Going to check the exact wording, but I recall it was noted they did not have any data for her vehicle yet.

I will rephrase, it would have been mentioned at the PH.

I've said many times that I don't think Barry would be dumb enough to use Suzanne's vehicle. If he knew about the telematics package on his, he knew about it on hers.

I can absolutely see him using MM2s, but I don't believe he needed too.

I've been thinking about the laundry room. I think it's the second doorway across from the bonus.
View attachment 332896
Closet

Normally laundry would be by the mud room/garage door but I'm not sure there is enough room behind the fridge to put in the washer and dryer for it to be there with the antelope behind Suzanne's office space.
View attachment 332899 View attachment 332900
Two views of the door because neither of them is distinguishable. It's open so you can see the hinges in the first pic and the open dark room in the other. Resolution is terrible.

The door to the garage is here (open), with a door behind the fridge that has an area too small to be anything but a pantry.
View attachment 332902 View attachment 332901
Two views

It's a long straight path so she could have had enough warning to lock herself in the bedroom.

All screencaps:

I pegged that for a front hall closet.

We need blueprints!

JMO

Can we take up a collection to get a rep from CAT here?

The pins --

Could Barry have used a different arm altogether?

I know Bobcats are beloved because of the many, versatile attachments and the ease of switching them.

Was Barry in an exceptional hurry on Mother's Day morning and got sloppy with a critical detail?

Didn't get his Bobcat all the way back together?

Google isn't helping me at all.

JMO

Yes, they’re scary good. Hopefully, the judge will have had enough of their nonsense by the time they get to trial.
I agree they are a top-notch defense team; their style is assertive to say the least. I think that can also work against them if they come off too argumentative and disparaging during the trial. It can be a fine line for jurors IMO.

Let's not forget the fact that BARE left them with a large, flaming pile of dung with all the many, many words out of his own mouth. Coupled with his erratic behavior, lies, phone, truck telematics, trash runs and his famous 'going to a job that doesn't exist on MD weekend when work is not permitted within the state', BARE has buried himself.

#Justice4Suzanne

MOO

Which raises the question-- was the Bobcat disabled?

Weird.

JMO

To be sure you've cleaned out every speck of evidence would be one reason. I could see those bolts holding some incriminating matter. Another would be if that's where the SIM/transmitting device was hidden. I read that a piece of the Bobcat has to be "disassembled" to get to it.

Based on what @Megnut said about Barry and Friday night "We still haven't figured out what Barry was doing on Friday night, into the morning, recording abnormally high cellular activity."

Maybe it wasn't his phone calls/texts that were distracting him...

In a text to Shelia, Suzanne said maybe she could get her money back in January, so that text would have been late 2019 I suppose. Reading through the time line you can feel the tension escalating by the day, especially that last week, it was over the top.

I can’t buy that friending 3 "Jeff's" was coincidental, whether it was done by Barry or Suzanne I’m not sure. I can’t help but wonder now, was Barry actually looking at Suzanne’s phone in real time. Spyware has been around since 2013. I think he finally had a name. Suppose he was right there, real time, on a device watching her interactions with Jeff that last day, that last week.
^^bbm

I think BM had really turned up the heat love bombing SM since Wednesday's message, acting as if he was going along --all to try to win her back, and for the first time ever, he saw it wasn't working. This time was different -- SM was holding her ground -- even found a house and BM resorted to desperate means-- including sending the FB requests.

It may have been as simple as SM, distracted, sitting in her car talking to JL while she thought BM was in line waiting for their pizza and where BM stepped out of line and snuck up from behind, eavesdropping. Or maybe BM was also recording SM inside her own vehicle.

There was a mini spy camera box and user's manual found but no camera (BM told Agent Grusing he threw it out). Why couldn't BM have planted that camera in the closet if only for 24 hours -- that's all he needed to catch SM in the act. :eek:

BIB

I posted my thought's earlier today on the nature of the murder - the apparent cold blooded nature of it.

I think you just absolutely nailed it. He'd rather just snuff her out than get a divorce like normal people.
I think when she had the reoccurrence of breast cancer and went through chemo----he thought she might not make it---and he readied himself to be a widower. He may have felt let down when it didn't happen that way.

View attachment 332896
Closet

Two views

All screencaps:

Looking at the front of the house, there's a partial turret. Does that correspond to the desk area in the kitchen? The dining area appears to look out the back. I just can't tell if the desk area has angles. If it does, then I think somehow there must be a door beyond the fridge, leading to the breezeway. That area has windows to the front of the house. Breezeway, mudroom, garage access, backyard access, laundry room? Multi-purpose.

JMO

All day today I've been pondering the Denver job and it's purpose. BM gets to the hotel super early in the morning when he was supposed to pick up MG that evening. Does some of his shady crap and then suddenly around 11 decides he needs more workers although he fully knows he doesn't have the equipment with him at the time for them to actually do anything. I'm trying to put myself in his shoes and think of why he decides to call MG and get her to recruit Jeff at that point. Cassidy is coming Monday, why was Jeff needed? In fact, having only MG there May 10th would have saved money on rooms since they would only need one instead of two.

Also, I have seen conflicting info about Jeff. Did BM specifically want Jeff or was that MG's call and BM merely specified bringing "someone else"? Did BM ask Jeff to call him directly or did Jeff decide to call Barry on his own?

I will rephrase, it would have been mentioned at the PH.

I've said many times that I don't think Barry would be dumb enough to use Suzanne's vehicle. If he knew about the telematics package on his, he knew about it on hers.

I can absolutely see him using MM2s, but I don't believe he needed too.

If he was initially trying to stage an actual bike ride gone wrong, he may have thought driving her car to where she would park would not be seen as suspicious or maybe that was part of the plan, but he changed his mind. Seems more suspicious now that her bike was found, but she didn't usually ride from the house, she drove to trails. I think her car data could definitely show the last time she drove and if the car moved after 2:47pm on the 9th, it likely wasn't her.

I recall somewhere he mentioned Suzanne asking him to take her bike out of the car. I'll look for that. That sounded to me like more staging on his part or covering up for why his prints would be on the bike.

All day today I've been pondering the Denver job and it's purpose. BM gets to the hotel super early in the morning when he was supposed to pick up MG that evening. Does some of his shady crap and then suddenly around 11 decides he needs more workers although he fully knows he doesn't have the equipment with him at the time for them to actually do anything. I'm trying to put myself in his shoes and think of why he decides to call MG and get her to recruit Jeff at that point. Cassidy is coming Monday, why was Jeff needed? In fact, having only MG there May 10th would have saved money on rooms since they would only need one instead of two.

Also, I have seen conflicting info about Jeff. Did BM specifically want Jeff or was that MG's call and BM merely specified bringing "someone else"? Did BM ask Jeff to call him directly or did Jeff decide to call Barry on his own?
The more people there, the better his alibi. He claimed to have this "big" job, and he'd want to create that appearance.

I pegged that for a front hall closet.

We need blueprints!

JMO
I have gone around and around trying to put together a rough floor plan for that house.

It looks to me like you walk in the front door directly into the Great Room. Walkways immediately extend right and left inside the front door (and a "catwalk" is above the front door and those first floor walkways, with walkways to either end of the 2nd floor).

As you walk in front door and turn left, you take walkway to bonus room, perhaps a powder room across from it, then the master bedroom with master bath accessible from inside that room (master bath on front of house, bedroom on river side of house).

As you walk in front door and turn right, there is an entry table (where officer put down his flashlight in order to slip SM's bicycle shorts into the ziplock bag), immediately past that are stairs (inside the "turret") and then past that MUST BE the laundry room and/or mudroom and then the house entry to the garage.

If, instead of turning right or left after coming in the front door, you proceed through the Great Room, you go through French Doors to back patio. Pass through those French Doors and hot tub was to left (the high window above the hot tub was the high window of the Bonus Room). Further left was end of patio and stone stairs down to river.

If you head through Great Room and do not pass through French doors, but instead turn right, there is the kitchen, in a kind of not-quite semicircular radius relative to the Great Room - first dining area, then (separated by peninsula from dining area) the kitchen with its sink below window and center island, then on other side, the office area with antelope on wall and desk area. That office area likely overlooks the small private patio where SM was sunbathing. It appears there is a door off that patio, which must be where the breezeway is that takes you from that patio to the mudroom/laundry area. The breezeway must pass behind that massive fireplace (or opposite wall... I constantly find my directions reversed in that house!) of the Great Room and either lead directly to the mudroom/laundry room OR to the downstairs hall (between the stairs and the laundry room).

Last edited:
View attachment 332896
Closet

Two views

All screencaps:
BM says the breezeway is between the garage and laundry room.

Attachments

• D35E6730-C3A1-4980-939D-FE418A8EDA66.jpeg
    D35E6730-C3A1-4980-939D-FE418A8EDA66.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 32
  • E2AF15B7-A50D-44F0-9A49-843E5BB42076.jpeg
    E2AF15B7-A50D-44F0-9A49-843E5BB42076.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 35
What do y’all think BM started to say here?

When Grusing is asking him what could have happened on Saturday afternoon that led to SM no longer having control of her phone.

Could it be her whole phone?
“ I didn’t take her whole phone “ ?
Whole would sound like ho.
I can’t come up with anything else.
JMO

Reading that passage about BM saying they were going to leave their electronics behind for the evening reminds me of an incident years ago when my preteen niece wanted me to intervene and help her convince her dad (my brother) that she needed a cell phone. Knowing that cell phones were not permitted during school, I asked why she needed a phone she couldn't use at school and her response was she needed one to talk/text her friends while traveling on the SAME school bus!

I understand some families refuse to detach and I do think this must have been the norm in the Morphew household. I recall reading somewhere about one of the daughters texting SM from the kitchen that BM made breakfast. Convenient or not, I was truly aghast at this! I guess I'm dating myself. :rolleyes: MOO

My guess is there is always dirt and gravel on those trailers. Pins and screws could have been from the old bobcat blade. I have no guess about footprint, or where the new blade was stored before installation or how long.
Do we know if the pins and screws were on the trailer or bobcat itself because I can’t recall? Had either equipment been moved those pins and screws would have blown out and been lost. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn