Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any of these the True Love mine? I looked at the map you provided but I think I need hubby’s info to get full access. And well super bowl and asleep lol

I don't recall a mine with that name in the immediate vicinity. Most of them only have numbers on the map I used.

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html
Select Basemap, scroll to the bottom, USA Topo Maps

There is a map of Colorado mines out there somewhere, but it doesn't have a lot of abandoned shafts the USGS marked. If you compare the Topo above to Google satellite views and you can see many of the "sealed" shafts pretty easily. The mountains around Maysville had a big mining boom then crash in the late 1800s. It's likely that many of the shafts in the area aren't on the mining registry because they haven't been active since long before the advent of the database.

BM was really upset when LE wouldn’t tell him what personal item they had found on Hwy 50. We didn’t know it was the helmet for quite some time. BM wanted to know so he could see if his staging was working.
LE never even publicly verified that they had found the bike until some time later. BM knew because he was at the scene and touched it. I think some of his friends including GD were filling BM in as he rode home from Broomfield. I believe this was why he jumped out of the truck when he arrived there in a very fake shaky voice asking if a lion got her. I bet he was practicing his grand entrance all the way back.
So that brings us back to Poncha Market. What was he digging through the trash for? And, where is SM’s phone? Did he toss it up off Hwy 50 like the helmet and it just wasn’t found?
AM said he and his team had to have been very close to the helmet as they searched along 226. He couldn’t believe they didn’t see it. The phone is a lot smaller. Maybe it just hasn’t been found yet. If BM tossed it like the helmet, maybe it went farther than he intended.

The helmet is kind of hard to see in the pics and we know it's there. An iPhone is so small and the grass gets tall. If it landed face down it probably wouldn't even catch the light. I think he threw it harder than he thought out there in the dark and it's lost.

ETA:
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_57.png
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_58.png

There's a lichen, I think, under the grass that's kind of a green blue si you see how searchers could easily miss it. The People’s Exhibits – Find Suzanne Morphew

Last edited:
He's done it all his life.
"Listen, well let me tell you this. I go to markets just as they are closing, and dig through their trash all the time. I'm cheap, and I find all sorts of stuff in there. I use the backs of receipts to write notes, so I don't have to go out and buy paper. Sometimes I find granola bars, and I keep them in my truck so that when I go to Macdonald's parking lots in Broomfield to dump trash, I have something healthier to eat."

Or something.

Didn't the manager say in her TV interview with LS that her store clerk that spotted BM in the trash, gave him the pen/register slip to write the note?

Here's the link to the market interview. Also in this piece is one of my favorite Barry Morphew Lies. We should probably do some sort of top 20 countdown.
View attachment 333541

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months

Thanks, @MassGuy. From the link:

And a store manager at the Poncha Market described an encounter with Suzanne’s husband, a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance was publicized.

“Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.

image0000.jpg

The note left by Barry, Courtesy of Poncha Market
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything.”

"Listen, well let me tell you this. I go to markets just as they are closing, and dig through their trash all the time. I'm cheap, and I find all sorts of stuff in there. I use the backs of receipts to write notes, so I don't have to go out and buy paper. Sometimes I find granola bars, and I keep them in my truck so that when I go to Macdonald's parking lots in Broomfield to dump trash, I have something healthier to eat."

Or something.
How cheap do you have to be to not want to buy scratch pads for note taking? They cost about 99cents, don't they? :rolleyes:

Granola bars from the dumpster is the healthiest thing he can think of? I really don't underestimate the depth of his stupidity, at times.

Thanks, @MassGuy. From the link:

And a store manager at the Poncha Market described an encounter with Suzanne’s husband, a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance was publicized.

“Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.

image0000.jpg

The note left by Barry, Courtesy of Poncha Market
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything.”

“I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything."

Well, he knew that no one needed to know what she looked like, but he did hope the helmet would be found soon. ...:rolleyes:

“I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything."

Well, he knew that no one needed to know what she looked like, but he did hope the helmet would be found soon. ...:rolleyes:
Exactly. He described what he wanted found, not what he didn’t.

JMO

BM was really upset when LE wouldn’t tell him what personal item they had found on Hwy 50. We didn’t know it was the helmet for quite some time. BM wanted to know so he could see if his staging was working.
LE never even publicly verified that they had found the bike until some time later. BM knew because he was at the scene and touched it. I think some of his friends including GD were filling BM in as he rode home from Broomfield. I believe this was why he jumped out of the truck when he arrived there in a very fake shaky voice asking if a lion got her. I bet he was practicing his grand entrance all the way back.
So that brings us back to Poncha Market. What was he digging through the trash for? And, where is SM’s phone? Did he toss it up off Hwy 50 like the helmet and it just wasn’t found?
AM said he and his team had to have been very close to the helmet as they searched along 226. He couldn’t believe they didn’t see it. The phone is a lot smaller. Maybe it just hasn’t been found yet. If BM tossed it like the helmet, maybe it went farther than he intended.

The image I have of SM is that she was very feminine and liked girly bling and lovely things. I wonder if her phone had a protective otter box? If so, I would suspect it might be colourful (turquoise or possibly bejeweled?). Unlike mine, which is plain black and impossible to find when misplaced, I'd bet a nickel that hers looked fancy and more uptown. In which case, it should be easier to see/find if it found itself in the ditch somewhere, accidentally on purpose. KWIM? Unless it has been Bammered and Barried somewhere..

Going back to the Bobcat (the machine, not the cat), even dumping the blade in a lake would have a degree of risk of discovery. That would be one of the first places LE would look. Like disposing of a well sealed up body, a vertically dug deep hole (post hole digger with length extensions) a blade set in a hole vertically would only show a small target, not a long one. If deep (over 17"), would not register on any general purpose metal detector, even a Garrett Pro or Mine Lab pulse unit. You would need a very powerful deep seeking detector to even have a chance of finding it and very few individuals have the deep pockets for those. Still think SM is in the back 400 behind PP. My leading theory is a vertical hole or two with the possibility of a few other items at wide spread locations that would be difficult to piece together. The disposal site well camouflaged and with the passage of time, even more so. The potential for discovery would be low for anything less than the best, well equipped and most resourceful of forensics teams.

^^bbm

There's truly no evidentiary basis for OP's theory.

Not in May of 2020, and not today.

It came directly from BM and he promoted it every opportunity he had.

And Sheriff citing a lion spotted is not the same as saying that an attack by a lion is credible, and a total misrepresentation of the Sheriff. Especially since black bears, mountain lions, moose, deer, and rattlesnakes all call Colorado’s wilderness home.

Reportedly, CCSO worked 24-hour shifts for days investigating and searching for SM including the closure of US-50 for an entire day.

At CCSO's first opportunity, Sheriff Spezze conducted his only press conference for this case on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, and there was no further information by Sheriff Spezze until BM's arrest in May 2021.

Following the press conference, in direct response to a reporter's question about a possible lion attack, as promoted by BM, Sheriff Spezze stated that the probability of a lion attack was not very high.

On Wednesday, Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation. He adds the probability of an animal attack is not very high.

National news networks across the country have reported the same on how a lion attacking SM is very unlikely.

Countless experts continue to opine that lion attacks in Colorado are not common. In fact, wildlife officers suggest people in Colorado should be more fearful of deer -- the most common wildlife people encounter.

After a trail runner was attacked, officials offered the following:

Fight for your life

Mountain lion attacks in Colorado are rare, officials said. The act of running may have triggered the young lion’s instinct to hunt.

“Mountain lion attacks are not common in Colorado and it is unfortunate that the lion’s hunting instincts were triggered by the runner,” said Ty Petersburg, area wildlife manager for Colorado Parks and Wildlife. “This could have had a very different outcome.”

“The runner did everything he could to save his life,” said Mark Leslie, Colorado Parks and Wildlife northeast region manager. [..]

People attacked by mountain lions should do exactly what this victim did: Fight for your life.

To avoid a physical confrontation, a person should yell, throw rocks and make themselves appear bigger by standing tall and waving their arms and facing the mountain lion, Ferrell said.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Wildlife officers say animal attacks are rare in Colorado, but they do happen. [..]

While deer are the most common wildlife people encounter, they can be dangerous.

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Colorado trail runner attacked by mountain lion choked cat to death with hands, arms and feet – The Denver Post

Common, potentially dangerous mistakes made when seeing wildlife

I mean there is literally no way a mountain lion can carry off an adult human. It might drag a body a distance but that would leave clear sign

Suzanne's phone last pinged in the near vicinity of Puma Path.

I keep going back to what he said.

When Agents tell Barry they don’t have her phone, he says, “Nobody found her phone?” and then, “I figured you guys had to have it.” He then says, “See, that’s, that’s, that’s really weird, because I thought from day one you guys had the phone.”

When Barry was asked where he would look for the phone knowing where the bike and the helmet were, he said, “In between.” (Page 79 of 129)

It's got to be somewhere along US 50 between Maysville and the Garfield turn. Right? That was the staging, someone carried her off west.

As for Poncha Market ...

May 12, 2020 – 20:00 – Barry found digging in the trash at Poncha Market
“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain what the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her, like how tall she was or anything.”

(Possible Second Device for Barry)
On June 11, 2020, your affiant received information from FBI SA Grusing and Computer Scientist Brian Turner that while reviewing the data from the cell phone extraction of Barry’s iPhone, they found a second device, User ID: 2BD073C4-EFD5-413C-92AC-351DD5B43C11, identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.

This user ID is separate from the primary User ID: D2AAE6DB-8F77-4583-B5D4-B966F3D23F70, identifier: REDACTED

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)

Barry had two minutes between being seen on camera at the US 50 junction and the next camera up the highway. I never could locate the next camera on street view, but Grusing didn't indicate that he thought Barry did anything but go directly to Broomfield after the Garfield turn around.

I'd be very interested to know what "associated" means in a technical sense here

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

^^rsbbm

I'm beginning to think that the information about an unidentified phone associated with BM's iPhone (PH defense exhibit report) might have been premature, and the association has since been worked -- most likely identified from the family shared plan.

For example, I think it's possible that the 2nd device SMS dated 5/8/20 associated with BM's iPhone is actually linked to MM2.

I find it odd how a second paragraph for associations after May 5, 2020, excludes the May 8 SMS activity.

2nd device associations designated after May 5, 2020, are represented as a block of 7 entries but the report fails to identify the type of activity. Calls? SMS? iMsg??

Given the details or lack of, I'm inclined to believe the only valid association here was the SMS dated May 8, where more details were made available.

I think it's important to note during the period that the 2nd device is associated with BM's iPhone, it just happens to correlate with the dates the daughters were on a road trip.

And if you continue following the PH defense Exhibit, all BM's communication including incoming/outgoing calls, SMS, and iMessages, are linked to what's identified in the report as MM2's phone/Ident number.

MOO

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/Defense Prelim Hearing Ex Rest.pdf

I think it is so hard to say when we don't know what "associated" means.

But it was surely trivial for Law Enforcement analysts to exclude phone numbers / devices of immediate family?

AM swore that helmet couldn’t have been where it was found on the day his team searched that very area. This leaves open the possibility that BM was planting items several days later. Question is, where did he have them stashed?

I remember this, which is one reason I am willing to believe we see the bike helmet outlined in the bag BM is carrying in People's Exhibit 32. http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998