Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another carryover. I really need to take notice of page nos getting close to 50!

[@LandManatee said:
Bear in mind that among the list of the 500 prosecution witnesses are at least 2 females who came forward to LE, who interacted with BM on some of the downloaded dating sites on his phone under his alias name. They are women that are not known yet here but are known if you are on some other social forums following this case. I won’t name them of course because they can’t be sleuthed, but I thought I’d mention it since there is discussion of not recognizing some of the names on the list. This is fact. However, we’ll see if they remain on the witness list as we approach the trial.
MOO IMO]

[@Momofthreeboys said:
How would that fit with the prosecution case? I an understand why they were searching to see if he had a current affair going on because that would go to motive but I'm seriously not sure how hooking up for a one night stand if it's even true fits with the case. Prosecution has tons of first hand factual information that the marriage was failing and Suzanne wanted out. Not sure how anything else would fit the case. My guess is we won't see those claimants on the witness stand. They got interviewed probably as it looks like prosecution did follow through on many, many tips.]

@Momofthreeboys
What makes you think any of Barry's hookups were simply 'one night stands'? Maybe one of them (or more) turned into a long term affair? Maybe his current girlfriend was one of them. A replacement who might fit the "You are Suzanne to me" requirements. I'm seriously sure this is very important.
How many husbands murdered their wives to make way for "the other woman" and would not only NOT have to split assets but make a sweet bundle while he was at it?

IMO

It was still inappropriate and he was touching her in a sexual manner without her permission. Whether she was working with LE or not there is no condoning what is legit sexual assaultive behavior. Barry doesn’t get a free pass to be a creep or a perv despite LE arranging the situation. Sadly this stuff probably goes on all the time. IMO
Of course it was inappropriate! He acted as though it was an accident(s). No one is condoning it, certainly not me.

Yet another carryover. I really need to take notice of page nos getting close to 50!

[@LandManatee said:
Bear in mind that among the list of the 500 prosecution witnesses are at least 2 females who came forward to LE, who interacted with BM on some of the downloaded dating sites on his phone under his alias name. They are women that are not known yet here but are known if you are on some other social forums following this case. I won’t name them of course because they can’t be sleuthed, but I thought I’d mention it since there is discussion of not recognizing some of the names on the list. This is fact. However, we’ll see if they remain on the witness list as we approach the trial.
MOO IMO]

[@Momofthreeboys said:
How would that fit with the prosecution case? I an understand why they were searching to see if he had a current affair going on because that would go to motive but I'm seriously not sure how hooking up for a one night stand if it's even true fits with the case. Prosecution has tons of first hand factual information that the marriage was failing and Suzanne wanted out. Not sure how anything else would fit the case. My guess is we won't see those claimants on the witness stand. They got interviewed probably as it looks like prosecution did follow through on many, many tips.]

@Momofthreeboys
What makes you think any of Barry's hookups were simply 'one night stands'? Maybe one of them (or more) turned into a long term affair? Maybe his current girlfriend was one of them. A replacement who might fit the "You are Suzanne to me" requirements. I'm seriously sure this is very important.
How many husbands murdered their wives to make way for "the other woman" and would not only NOT have to split assets but make a sweet bundle while he was at it?

IMO
I think because investigators made a point of noting that they were unable to uncover evidence of an affair which tells me they were looking. Perhaps these women were lying but they had no reason to lie when interviewed as presumably they came forward to tell their story and investigators must not have classified them as affairs since investigators stated they found none.

Lol. He sure is!

It's important because guilty people accuse innocent people all the time. Barry threw out the names of multiple people, to include members of Suzanne's own family.

The best part is he knew that guilty people do that, and proceeded to do it anyway. He did the same with "I don't recall."

So in this instance, he accused some poor dude who sold CBD, and utilized purchase orders (as drug dealers obviously do).

Because as everyone knows, you buy your hard drugs at a farmer's market next to the elderly woman selling selling broccoli and beets.

Barry is nothing if not a liar and an exaggerator, and he tried to pass off CBD as drugs, and basically said Suzanne drinking wine made her an alcoholic.

"She turned into the female Charlie Sheen," or something.

What an absolute clown.
Lest we forget about the "400 tours."
Lol!

I think because investigators made a point of noting that they were unable to uncover evidence of an affair which tells me they were looking. Perhaps these women were lying but they had no reason to lie when interviewed as presumably they came forward to tell their story and investigators must not have classified them as affairs since investigators stated they found none.
We have seen the searches for cute girls and hand jobs. If they have proof he was on Ashley Madison or any other similar websites that is not necessarily proof of an affair but certainly indicates that he was on the prowl. Much like a cat when hunting lol

Welp, that's a lot of presuming. Where exactly did investigators make a point of noting they were unable to uncover evidence of an affair? Is that why they put cameras in front of Shoshona's residence where he would spend the night but insist there was nothing sexual about their relationship?

It is also a possibility IMO that Suzanne wanted both girls away so she could address with Barry her plans of leaving the marriage in a civil manner and moving forward. This would certainly fit with the evidence we have so far. Barry may have felt the clock ticking when he realized Suzanne was serious this time and not turning back. I assume in a similar situation I would not want my kids around and likely would feel they would be safer elsewhere away from the reality. I would not be surprised in the least that Suzanne’s last act of parenting involved removing her daughters from the storm to protect them. I believe Barry was sleeping in another room and that when Suzanne cut him off he knew this time was different. IMO
BBM
I thought SM was scared to be alone with BM?

Timeline time! Links go to collected notes about the entry. http://www./long-timeline/ ...
December 1999 – Barry and Suzanne Purchase 26040 Cal Carson Rd, Arcadia, IN Private, Gated Estate Home on 10 Acres!...
@sk716 sbm Thanks for your wonderful timeline again and for posting it on page 1.:) Belongs on page 1 of every thread.

One piece of zillow.com info* seems to conflict w info** in timeline re M's Arcadia, IN. purchase of home in 1999.
Specifically zillow shows house built in year 2004, seeming to indicate the M's bought land/acreage w no
house there in 1999.

Just a possible discrepancy, which may/may not be material. May/may not be relevant to the M's long term financial picture. my2ct

** From timeline:
"
December 1999 – Barry and Suzanne Purchase 26040 Cal Carson Rd, Arcadia, IN
Private, Gated Estate Home on 10 Acres!"

BBM
She was indeed but she may have preferred to hash out their future without the girls around. The fact that we know zero about when and who planned the camping trip leads me to believe Suzanne may have literally taken one for the team to get Barry on board with a civil divorce. I admit I may be wrong but the silence on the trip causes me wonder. Hopefully we will have clarification soon.
Also wanted to note that we don’t know the date of specific occurrences that Suzanne listed regarding fear, slamming on brakes, threatening to jump out of car, gun etc we cannot be certain that these things didn’t occur over the course of the week spent without the girls. IMO
ETA Additional thought

Last edited:
BBM
I agree that SM probably encouraged or supported the girls going camping. I don’t think she or BM planned the trip however.

I think she was ready to finally make it clear to BM that she was taking steps to leave him ( her text saying I’m done was sent right after the girls left town). I think she wanted to spare the girls from any drama that BM would try to involve them in.

From looking at her texts , it seems she knew she wouldn’t feel safe alone with him AFTER the younger one had moved out and left home. But unfortunately she must have thought she would be safe with MM2 just being gone for a few days.
Hope that makes sense.
Just my rambling thoughts.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...est/21CR78/People Exhibits Prelim Hearing.pdf

Attachments

• DD9ADF50-3A98-4A06-B20C-E30CABBD2A1A.jpeg
    DD9ADF50-3A98-4A06-B20C-E30CABBD2A1A.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 19
  • CE8E80A8-882A-4637-BEA6-81C8B585FC03.jpeg
    CE8E80A8-882A-4637-BEA6-81C8B585FC03.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 16
I agree that SM probably encouraged or supported the girls going camping. I don’t think she or BM planned the trip however.

I think she was ready to finally make it clear to BM that she was taking steps to leave him ( her text saying I’m done was sent right after the girls left town). I think she wanted to spare the girls from any drama that BM would try to involve them in.

From looking at her texts , it seems she knew she wouldn’t feel safe alone with him AFTER the younger one had moved out and left home. But unfortunately she must have thought she would be safe with MM2 just being gone for a few days.
Hope that makes sense.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/People Exhibits Prelim Hearing.pdf
Perhaps Covid figured into Suzanne’s choices also since she was due to receive a final maintenance treatment. Her girls were together with a friend avoiding germs while camping. All the more reason Barry should have never gone into airplane mode and Suzanne’s phone should have never gone silent. Three young ladies on an adventure out of town during a pandemic makes zero sense that any parent would have gone radio silent. Accidents happen all the time. That is the reality IMO
Eta would be interesting to know what the other young lady’s parents have to say regarding the silence on both Barry and Suzanne’s shut downs. IMO

Perhaps Covid figured into Suzanne’s choices also since she was due to receive a final maintenance treatment. Her girls were together with a friend avoiding germs while camping. All the more reason Barry should have never gone into airplane mode and Suzanne’s phone should have never gone silent. Three young ladies on an adventure out of town during a pandemic makes zero sense that any parent would have gone radio silent. Accidents happen all the time. That is the reality IMO
Eta would be interesting to know what the other young lady’s parents have to say regarding the silence on both Barry and Suzanne’s shut downs. IMO
Yeah BM messed up by initially stating that SM would have had her phone on with the girls gone ( he told the truth for once). After phone records were recovered he subsequently starting insisting that they turned their phones off to have a “ nice evening “.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user.../21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

Attachments

• 6C6A61B5-CE55-4AE7-872F-A59974211ED2.jpeg
    6C6A61B5-CE55-4AE7-872F-A59974211ED2.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 12
  • ED70746A-F619-475F-B5FF-653029BD1B9F.jpeg
    ED70746A-F619-475F-B5FF-653029BD1B9F.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 10

Hope that makes sense.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/People Exhibits Prelim Hearing.pdf
IIRC, Suzanne communicated that she didn't feel safe being alone with Barry only a matter of days before he killed her. Might've been to JL.
While no one may have planned the trip for them, that doesn't mean someone, namely BM, didn't put a seed out there, specifically to M1.
I don't think Suzanne would've objected to the girls enjoying a vacation - for them. She'd been sacrificing her whole adult life and lived for her girls. That, to me, is a far cry from encouraging them to go.
IMO, Barry was always guarded in front of others, even in front of S2. What she saw? Pfft! That was nothing. That's what he allowed her to see and he had to hold himself back.
I'm sure there were many times she was at her boyfriend's home or wherever. That's when the REAL Barry came out.
Only Suzanne got to know Hyde intimately.
IMO, he was escalating quickly and as the days passed while the girls were gone, Suzanne knew it. She just didn't want to believe it. I think she believed he might be violent again but I don't think she ever thought he'd kill her. He kept that part of himself hidden, as any pseudo-intelligent psychopath would.
IMO

IIRC, Suzanne communicated that she didn't feel safe being alone with Barry only a matter of days before he killed her. Might've been to JL.
While no one may have planned the trip for them, that doesn't mean someone, namely BM, didn't put a seed out there, specifically to M1.
I don't think Suzanne would've objected to the girls enjoying a vacation - for them. She'd been sacrificing her whole adult life and lived for her girls. That, to me, is a far cry from encouraging them to go.
IMO, Barry was always guarded in front of others, even in front of S2. What she saw? Pfft! That was nothing. That's what he allowed her to see and he had to hold himself back.
I'm sure there were many times she was at her boyfriend's home or wherever. That's when the REAL Barry came out.
Only Suzanne got to know Hyde intimately.
IMO, he was escalating quickly and as the days passed while the girls were gone, Suzanne knew it. She just didn't want to believe it. I think she believed he might be violent again but I don't think she ever thought he'd kill her. He kept that part of himself hidden, as any pseudo-intelligent psychopath would.
IMO
Well maybe encourage is not the right word then. All I meant is the same thing you are saying “ she didn’t object to it”. Same thing. She didn’t discourage them from going. She didn’t tell them she thought it was a bad idea.
And yes, she told JL that she dreaded being alone with BM and didn’t want to be alone with him.
Sadly, she didn’t know just how unsafe it would turn out to be.
JMO
EBM to add link to screenshot
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user.../21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

Attachments

• FF9D73FD-C30B-42C8-B576-E24AFC21E2C7.jpeg
    FF9D73FD-C30B-42C8-B576-E24AFC21E2C7.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Personally I don't believe the affairs of SM and BM go directly to motive.

It's about the breakdown of the marriage and SM's exit that is what provided the temporal trigger point. BM obviously knew/suspected SMs affair for months - why else did he have a secret spy camera? I don't think he murdered her over the affair. Nor was he secretly watching her remotely that afternoon.

It was about the money, and SM's efforts to escape.

These murders frequently occur then when woman tries to exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member