Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, no question that the experts were qualified and the defense knew of their qualifications. Holland for instance had already proven himself instrumental in another recent high profile no-body Colorado case. He also testified a couple weeks ago in the Dulos murder case. Grusing's credentials speaks for itself.

It's like Stanley and her office was used to getting away with this, and had no fear of pushing the envelope.

Right. In many respects the mystery of how the prosecution messed up so bad is explained now that we know she was messing up in every case not just this one.

The likes of FBI CAST expert Holland and Grusing did the hard work of establishing BMs guilt and building the case. Stanley then bungled the process aspects of it because she is a poor leader of her office.

What annoys me is how IE can now pretend this proves BMs innocence when it does nothing of the sort.

Right. In many respects the mystery of how the prosecution messed up so bad is explained now that we know she was messing up in every case not just this one.

The likes of FBI CAST expert Holland and Grusing did the hard work of establishing BMs guilt and building the case. Stanley then bungled the process aspects of it because she is a poor leader of her office.

What annoys me is how IE can now pretend this proves BMs innocence when it does nothing of the sort.
IEs schtick is to annoy, bury in motions.
But she also did her homework for the PC Hearing and LS did not.
She must have jumped for joy when she realized what an incompetent LS was.

From the article - capitalization by me for emphasis
“Their case was BASELESS to begin with. Their affidavit they filed was like a TABLOID, filled with MISREPRESENTATIONS, FALSE INFORMATION and CONCEALED EXTREMELY FAVORABLE EVIDENCE" she said.

“Who suffered from that?" she continued. "Not just Barry Morphew — an innocent, accused individual — but his daughters, who are listening to this press conference right now.”

You know who suffered Iris ? It was Suzanne Morphew who suffered - she was the victim btw Iris.

Are you helping innocent BM go after the killer? No? You are going after money instead? On the backs of public servants who are everyday people out there trying to do their jobs ?

Your tactics still seem designed to intimidate. Make people think twice about charging him again. Hopefully this leads to a grand jury and special prosecuter when the time comes to haul him back in.

Sounds like Iris is stuck in the same groove of the same broken record from where she left off outside the courthouse with her "ducklings" when she went after Lauren Scharf. Whats the fixation with BM and his daughters?

There are many worthy causes out there to champion and she picks a murderer to be the poster boy for her crusade and sets out to try and ruin all these under paid public servants.

There is a back story here somewhere.
JMO
Bbm yay high fiving the underpaid public servants! Sorry OT but on topic outburst.

Last edited:
Hey, hope everyone's doing alright?

Sad to see no update on how Suzanne's case is moving forward.
Was thinking we would have seen an update on autopsy results?

Chaffee County certainly don't reply to emails like Saguache County do.

Moo

Hey, hope everyone's doing alright?

Sad to see no update on how Suzanne's case is moving forward.
Was thinking we would have seen an update on autopsy results?

Chaffee County certainly don't reply to emails like Saguache County do.

Moo
Just waiting around for BM to get busted again and the wheels of justice moving swiftly, finally.

Will there ever be any action taken against BM in this case?
Yes, but I don’t see anything on the horizon. There’s a big mess to clean up, and they have to figure out how to move forward, and who is going to do that. It is also my understanding that Suzanne’s remains are still in the custody of the ME.

Yes, but I don’t see anything on the horizon. There’s a big mess to clean up, and they have to figure out how to move forward, and who is going to do that. It is also my understanding that Suzanne’s remains are still in the custody of the ME.
What do you think the ME may be waiting for/doing with, her remains?

What do you think the ME may be waiting for/doing with, her remains?
Because of their condition (bones), I think they'd have used a forensic anthropologist, and maybe some other specialized disciplines to examine them. There's no telling what the hold up is though. I wish the media would reach out to the ME's office, if they haven't already.

BM and Iris should be busy this month as their extended deadline of March 29 is coming up soon:

BM has to respond to the Answers and/or Motions to Dismiss filed by the 26 defendants they are suing in Federal Court, on or before March 29.

The Civil case also has a new Judge assigned after the previous Magistrate (Judge Kato) was appointed a US District Court Judge.

Just waiting around for BM to get busted again and the wheels of justice moving swiftly, finally.
Yup exactly, we wait. There’s really not much else to say as we wait for the mess that became of this case to be cleaned up/reorganized/new case built, and for some highly skilled Prosecutor to take BM down once and for all, which I continue to have faith will happen, eventually.

But oh my heart, the waiting has been hard…
As the late great Tom Petty (RIP) & the Heartbreakers chorus sums up, is the hardest part:

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

I can’t wait for Barry to get deposed, over and over again, for his civil suit. More evidence. He can’t plead the fifth, he’s innocent! JMO
I've seen plenty of cases where depositions from civil suits wind up nailing the suspect in a criminal prosecution, but in those, they're the ones being sued. This is just weird, and it's not like Iris doesn't know this. I just wonder what the hell the end game is here.

Just wanted to bump this forward. Old news but IMO those gouges are as fresh as the day she placed them.

He tried to silence her but I still believe she's going to have the last word.

Attachments

• BM-scratches-on-arm.png
    BM-scratches-on-arm.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 24

AUTOPSY REPORT REQUEST​

Autopsy reports are public record under the Colorado Public Records Act, 30-10-601. Family may receive a free copy of the autopsy report.
If you should desire an autopsy report, we require a written request from you. This request needs to include your name, relationship to the deceased, name of deceased, date of death and information to get the report back to you including address and phone number. If you would like the report faxed to you, please include the fax number. Autopsy reports may take anywhere from four weeks to twelve weeks to be finalized, depending upon the nature of the case and any additional testing that may be performed. Homicide autopsy reports are not released without written approval from the District Attorney’s office. Requests can be mailed to the office, faxed to us at 719-390-2462 or emailed to SandyWilson@elpasoco.com

The remains are currently at the El Paso County Coroner's Office, where an autopsy is being performed, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin.

Last edited:

AUTOPSY REPORT REQUEST​

Autopsy reports are public record under the Colorado Public Records Act, 30-10-601. Family may receive a free copy of the autopsy report.
If you should desire an autopsy report, we require a written request from you. This request needs to include your name, relationship to the deceased, name of deceased, date of death and information to get the report back to you including address and phone number. If you would like the report faxed to you, please include the fax number. Autopsy reports may take anywhere from four weeks to twelve weeks to be finalized, depending upon the nature of the case and any additional testing that may be performed. Homicide autopsy reports are not released without written approval from the District Attorney’s office. Requests can be mailed to the office, faxed to us at 719-390-2462 or emailed to SandyWilson@elpasoco.com

The remains are currently at the El Paso County Coroner's Office, where an autopsy is being performed, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin.

DBM!
Was told to contact chaffee as it was their jurisdiction.
Wierd huh?

Very curious to learn what they've discovered from Suzanne's remains.

Moo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_172448_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_172448_Gmail.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online