Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post will date me - I admit it - I am old school - but I hope this development would cause defence attorneys to rethink the practice of staking their personal reputations on the factual innocence of their client. Sometimes i get it where there has been a genuine miscarriage of justuce.

But in this case? Where you get a technical dismissal of an alleged murderer facing that evidence?

I really don't get it. You risk your own credibility - which is critical for attorneys representing clients in Court

This is my own opinion only.

The autopsy results, which were released Monday, show that Morphew died by “undetermined means in the setting of butorphanol, azaperone, and medetomidine intoxication,” and according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, her death has been ruled a homicide.

Butorphanol can be used as a nasal or an injection and is used to relieve pain severe enough to require opioid treatment,” the Mayo Clinic states. Azaperone is a tranquilizer often used in veterinary care. Medetomidine is used in anesthesia.

“These drugs are marketed as a compounded injectable chemical immobilizer for wildlife providing pharmacologically reversible analgesia, sedation and immobilization,” reads the autopsy report.

The full autopsy report obtained by Nexstar’s KDVR said that Morphew’s skeletal remains and part of her clothing were submitted for examination. The coroner found no indication of trauma to her body at the time of death.

Autopsy: Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew died by homicide

“The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and our law enforcement partners understand and appreciate the public interest surrounding this case,” said CBI Director Chris Schaefer. “The investigative team assembled to work this case continues to follow the evidence and only the evidence as we seek justice for Suzanne’s death.”

CBI said that the autopsy results were shared with the Morphew family as soon as the coroner received them.

My heart and mind are with Suzanne’s two precious young daughters today.
They have been bilked to the nth degree by their father - who they both love dearly.
This has to be a huge slap out of denial and into the unthinkable for them.
I hope and pray that they receive the emotional support they are going to need after digesting this information that was just released.

Capacity Crowd at the Autopsy. Because?

"PERSONS PRESENT AUTOPSY" page 2 of Autopsy Report* lists 9 ppl --- 2 from Chaffee County SO; 3 from Saguache County SO; 1 from FBI; the Chaffee County Coroner; & investigator from DA ofc.
Plus forensic odontologist.

The report is signed by 4 M.D.'s & 1 D.O.

Are these numbers, for LE & Dr's, at autopsy unusual?

Maybe not. IDK.
Or maybe if somewhat unusual, it was deliberate. If for some reason one of the dr's is not able to testify at trial, another would be able to testify re med Q's.
Ditto for LE observers.

This post will date me - I admit it - I am old school - but I hope this development would cause defence attorneys to rethink the practice of staking their personal reputations on the factual innocence of their client. Sometimes i get it where there has been a genuine miscarriage of justuce.

But in this case? Where you get a technical dismissal of an alleged murderer facing that evidence?

I really don't get it. You risk your own credibility - which is critical for attorneys representing clients in Court

This is my own opinion only.
Perhaps Iris needs to review the difference in cases dismissed with prejudice, and those dismissed without. She acts like BM was cleared or found not guilty, and that is not what happened at all.

Capacity Crowd at the Autopsy. Because?

"PERSONS PRESENT AUTOPSY" page 2* of Report lists 9 ppl --- 2 from Chaffee County SO; 3 from Saguache County SO; 1 from FBI; the Chaffee County Coroner; & investigator from DA ofc.
Plus forensic odontologist.

The report is signed by 4 M.D.'s & 1 D.O.

Are these numbers, for LE & Dr's, at autopsy unusual?

Maybe not.
Or maybe if somewhat unusual, it was deliberate. If for some reason one of the dr's is not able to testify at trial, another would be able to testify re med Q's.
Ditto for LE observers.

* https://www.scribd.com/document/727780041/Suzanne-Morphew-autopsy-results
JMO but very unusual for a rural area.

I expected homicide by undetermined means. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe they’d find the smoking gun, that not only confirms the prosecution theory, but finally puts to rest this nonsensical random abductor theory.

#SmokingDart
100%

I would be curious how many people are killed every year by tranquilizer drugs.
How many of those are a result of a stranger abduction and murder?
How many of those murder victims are buried?
How many of those stranger abduction tranquillizer murders are committed while a husband is out of town and oh yeah that husband also likes to tranquillize animals and has this drug laying around?

I think this would be the only one in recorded history. Barry is just the most unlucky husband in the history of husbands for this to happen to him.

"The chemicals are used to sedate large animals like horses and deer. #barrymorphew was known to use them as a hunter..."
As someone with several deer hunter family members I've never heard of using animal sedatives in hunting? I can see why game wardens/wildlife management would need it but why would you use it in hunting?

How a random abductor managed to get Barry to lie about his whereabouts at 6pm is truly legendary.

What's remarkable is that Barry must have encountered the stripped bed linens and figured he'd wash them, rearing the series of events that exposed his vehicle of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann