Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn’t refer to a tranquilizer dart as a bullet, and the description sounded to me like it had been fired, and worn by the elements.

So it’s either entirely unrelated, or Barry wanted to make sure she was dead.

The counterpoint to the latter is that there’s a decent chance it would have left telltale damage on something they recovered, so I think it’s unlikely to factor in.
Nothing like twice killed if he did also use a bullet. I hope every detail comes out in court so the jury will know what a psychopath he is.

I'm going to go ahead and help Iris here:

For the past four years the Morphews have agonized over Suzanne's disappearance. This included not only the pain of the loss of their wife and mother but also the false accusations and prosecution of Barry Morphew. The Morphews have prayed the authorities would remove their blinders and not only find Suzanne, but find the suspect responsible for her disappearance and murder. However, the Morphews are left with more questions than answers and a lack of justice for Suzanne, the family
and the community.

For the past four years, Barry has felt the unrelenting pressure of a murder investigation, and the public scrutiny that comes with it. Barry has prayed that law enforcement would never find Suzanne, and would turn their attention away from him, and towards literally any other suspect, human or otherwise, viable or not. Although Barry has all of the answers, he is deathly afraid of what law enforcement can prove, and continues to have a sense of impending doom in regards to a future murder indictment. He prays that day never comes, and he can continue to live as a free man.

You definitely have a future in PR ahead of you haha

I'm hoping for a Felony Friday, but Felony Saturday will do

Better than a SWAT Team Saturday
I mean what's the hold up?

Now they have her body and the smoking gun.

If they arrested him without either of these things before, surely that is on the horizon.

We can hope. Should be an interesting week.

IE probably livid about her soon to be failed civil lawsuit.

What incredible news!!!

On one hand I’m giddy knowing that HE knows it’s coming… but I’m kinda wondering why this information didn’t come with an arrest- why would they let this be public right now?
His goose is indeed cooked and I’m here for it..
But I always worry what homicidal fools backed into a corner are capable of
Jmo!

Moving forward with the manor of death as Homicide, something very important to remember about the job of the Prosecutor:

They must not and cannot forget to ask the judge for a special jury instruction prior to deliberations-- an instruction which will see the judge stress to jurors that establishing how SM was killed is not an element for the prosecution to prove.

The court's job is to prepare standard jury instructions that they give in every case. However, it's also incumbent any time they have a theory in the case to ask for what is known as a special jury instruction that deals with a point of law that is not covered by standard jury instructions.

For example, we already know the SM died of homicide -- the ME has given us that so we can't get hung up on how SM was killed or how she got to Moffat. We know she didn't bury herself.

In other words, given the quantity and quality of SM's remains recovered for autopsy, and the ME not being able to determine the cause of death, how SM was killed or how she died is not an element to prove-- it's a fact that SM died of homicidal means! MOO

In the Casey Anthony trial, I recall Judge Perry making this comment after he retired:

"In my preparation for this trial, one of the things I prepared was a special jury instruction just in case the state asked me for it, which was that how she died is not an element of the crime.

"But the state never asked ... I don't know if it made a difference, you'd have to ask the jury."

I mean what's the hold up?

Now they have her body and the smoking gun.

If they arrested him without either of these things before, surely that is on the horizon.

We can hope. Should be an interesting week.

IE probably livid about her soon to be failed civil lawsuit.
At least I can hope that the poor guy's "sense of impending doom" worsens drastically. Maybe finally some restless sleep.

BTW Crime Talk, DutyRon, are on now with analyses, and WS is later. Scott Reisch says he's never heard of so many Drs. Signing off on an autopsy.

Hahahaha!
"...She said that they should be looking into prescription records of hunters and ranchers in the area who knew #SuzanneMorphew was "alone in the house that day."

Ummm isn't that the definition of Barry?!!
Lol!!!!
BAM, BAM BAM @Warwick7 !!! You nailed it. The irony, lol!

Ed:extra unintended quote :)

Last edited:
As someone with several deer hunter family members I've never heard of using animal sedatives in hunting? I can see why game wardens/wildlife management would need it but why would you use it in hunting?
He ran a canned deer hunt farm in Indiana. So there is that.

But he also said he used tranquilizers to sedate deer on his property and then saw their antlers off.

Do y’all think Barry busted into the locked bedroom and tranqued Suzanne by hand? Was he up washing clothes while she was dying, or after he had disposed of her?
no//
cos there was the wild squirrely monk thingy chase.. where he leapt about extensively..

pretty sure she was still sunbathing when he started... grabbed her phone, went ballistic and then..

Did we ever know which chemicals/tranqs were found in Barry's possession?
Barry named several, including BAM. Boasted in the AA that he could load darts himself, admitted specifically to discharging two of them in the vicinity of the breezeway recently.

Then admitted to binning them on Mother's Day.

Last edited:
My heart breaks for Suzanne's daughters. BM is such a con-man, I'm sure he had them convinced of his innocence. They had lost their mother, BM was all they had left. I can't imagine the stories he told them and they loved him so much, they believed him.

His wild stories and tales have been shattered today. I hope Suzanne's daughters have a support system as they deal with the hard evidence of Suzanne's autopsy and their father's obvious guilt.

I hope someone has kept the Angel statue and soon Suzanne will be properly buried with the Angel on her grave.

JMO

ETA - delete repeat info

Last edited:
From Preliminary Hearing "Defense Exhibit II" (extracted from the Ford Berla Report), BM has knowledge of Moffat, Co having traveled to Crestone. (Distance is 13 miles via Co Rd T -- see google link below).

While the date/time did not populate in the "Locations" defense exhibit, I really enjoy using BM exhibits against him!

View attachment 500327

We know he worked for Diesslin Structures at one point and on their website one of their contracts was a school in Crestone. Possibly other work there too. Barry knew the area! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthholmes