Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris stated: "Also confirmed is that she put on her bike clothes."

Where's the confirmation?

That's like saying it's confirmed Dylan Redwine was attacked by a bear, since his bones were scattered.
shorts, tank top and hoodi....hardly 'biking clothes' IE can't help herself she has to throw out misinformation

Last edited:
Is there one article that outlines this case so I can quickly catch up?
I'm trying but I doubt I can catch up this thread is moving very quickly.
What were Barry's motives for killing his wife? Does this one cover everything?
Suzanne Morphew timeline

*Mother’s Day weekend

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2020/09/Beach-site.jpg?resize=876,492

***Branson said while her memory is sharp, her hearing is going. She said that’s why the loud noise she heard, in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day Weekend, sticks out in her mind.

Neighbors want answers two months into Chaffee County woman’s disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

*May 9, 2020

***And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m. “He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

Gentile said she heard Barry was out shopping by himself.

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

***Sometime between 1400 and 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne'sprofile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

***Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall.

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

***“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

Suzanne Morphew’s brother shares new details about her last known sighting and strange activity on his sister’s Facebook page hours before she was reported missing

***Mail Online reports Barry checked into a hotel room on May 9th, 2020 in Broomfield, Colorado. However, this may be erroneous as it is not known when he checked in. Barry claims he last saw Suzanne on May 10th at or around 0500 hours.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Broomfield Holiday Inn
32646066-8685695-DailyMail_com_can_reveal_that_a_co_worker_of_Barry_s_took_over_h-a-7_1599050483864.jpg

*May 10, 2020

MG stated she heard Barry’s truck revving outside her residence at 4 am.
Andy stated Barry was texting at 4 am on his way to Broomfield.

***Suzanne's husband (Barry) reportedly leaves the home at 0500 hrs for a reported work assignment in Denver, Colorado. He remarks that he doesn't wake Suzanne. Reports say he texts Suzanne a Mother's Day greeting that goes unanswered. Hours later, Barry's daughters contact him and report that their attempts to reach Suzanne go unanswered. Barry contacts neighbor and asks her to check on Suzanne. Neighbor reports that she walked through house and can't locate her. She sees Suzanne and daughter’s vehicle there. According to reports, Barry asks neighbor to return and see if Suzanne's bike is missing, noting she may be on a bike ride. Neighbor confirms the bike is missing and the neighbor calls the local sheriff to conduct a welfare check.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

***Biker saw a suspicious vehicle, car did not belong there, on Mother’s Day on the same road Suzanne’s bike is found. He reports the siting to law enforcement. This is the link to the interview with the biker: Timestamp 00:40

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman | FOX31 Denver

***Speaking in an exclusive interview, Puckett told DailyMail.com: ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad.

Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

*** She again consented to the work and traveled with one of his contractors, JP, to the project.

Suspected ‘Other Woman' in Missing Colorado Mom’s Case Denies Affair Accusations

Employee of Suzanne Morphew's husband DENIES they were having an affair after Colorado mom vanished | Daily Mail Online

***Speaking with Fox 21, Barry admitted that the room smelled strongly of chlorine, but claims he had nothing to do with the stench.

'I'm not going to beat around the bush: it smelled [of chlorine] real strong,' he conceded.

Employee of Suzanne Morphew's husband DENIES they were having an affair after Colorado mom vanished | Daily Mail Online

***DailyMail.com can reveal Jeff Puckett, a co-worker of Barry’s, took over his hotel room on May 10 and found it scattered with wet towels and stinking of chlorine

A manager at the property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms

The co-worker also discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI

Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

***Barry called again around 6:10 p.m. “Barry said that he had been up there all day, like getting the job ready for us,” Gentile said. And, he also told Gentile, he was leaving. There’d been a family emergency, he said. He left some tools behind, at the hotel.

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

*Unknown date (sometime in May)

It is reported online that Barry takes a friend to an area near Crested Butte where he collapses on the ground uttering something about Suzanne.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*May 11-17, 21-23 search timeline

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

*May 12

Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

[…]

“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything.”
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

*May 13, 2020

The Chafee County Sheriff’s Office launched a search for Morphew, with a crew of 100 people joined by tracking dogs provided by the Department of Corrections. After failing to locate Morphew on Sunday, authorities searched again on Monday, and as of late Monday had not found any sign of the missing woman.

MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride

***Family: Suzanne Morphew’s Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

*May 14

Fbi asked to assist

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*May 15

HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

***News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update
Sheriff is asked if Suzanne could still be alive. His response "We're certainly hopeful she is, obviously as time goes by it gives us concern but we are searching as though she is alive and we do believe she's still could still be alive." statement starting at timestamp 4:15.

This statement was made before the search of the home and the Salida property.

***Nephew of missing Chaffee County woman gives update on family search

*May 17

Find Suzanne Morphew facebook account created

Find Suzanne Morphew

*May-19

BREAKING: Police prohibit Suzanne Morphew’s family members from entering home

*May 22

A residential construction site is now the focus of the search for Suzanne Morphew, a Colorado woman who was reported missing from her Chaffee County home on Mother’s Day. The property owner confirmed to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, located east of Salida.

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida

***Other searches have taken place in a reservoir, an area around County Road 225 and Highway 50, and the Monarch Spur RV Park, which is owned by FP and located near the Morphew home.

May 22 Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

*May-24

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

other sheriff press releases

Press Releases - Chaffee County Sheriff

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*May-26

Morphew home returned to family

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

*June 5

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

*July 9

Investigators returned to a missing Chaffee County woman’s home to search for more clues after two months

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

*August 20

In an earlier interview, Suzanne’s family told FOX21 CBI agents asked Barry to take a polygraph test on two separate occasions, and, each time, he turned them down.

[…]

“I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph,” Barry said. “There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question.”

[…]

Dan Corsentino, a private investigator in Pueblo, said it is possible those agencies did not ask Barry Morphew to take a polygraph. He also said it could be reasonable for an innocent person to deny the test.

https://www.fox21news.com/top-stories/people-dont-know-the-truth-suzanne-morphews-husband-breaks-silence-after-three-months/

*September 1

Barry is granted guardianship on September 1, 2020 by Judge Michael Casati in Case # 29D01-2006+GU-000096

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*September 24

Missing Mom: Suzanne Morphew’s Brother Starts Independent Search With 100 Volunteers

Missing Mom: Suzanne Morphew's Brother Starts Independent Search With 100 Volunteers

***During the search, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said they responded to three reports of human remains dogs "alerting" on properties in the county, but each was determined to not be a viable lead:

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said that none of those properties were owned by members of the Morphew family.

Most recent search for Suzanne Morphew ends with no leads | 9news.com

*September 29

Vigil held in Salida for Suzanne Morphew

This may help catch you up - from the Media thread (link in page 1 of each new thread)

We have had so many surprises in this case, just rereading through the links that you all are posting is a great reminder of how Suzanne helped solve her own murder, imo. The spy pen, the list of her Barry grievances, her confiding in her lover, friends and family are just a few that come to mind. I am so hopeful now! Sweet justice for her is closer than ever! I believe today her birthday, the timing of this is impressive - Suzanne's what would have been her 53rd birthday message to Barry and I love it!

Suzanne Morphew timeline

*Mother’s Day weekend

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2020/09/Beach-site.jpg?resize=876,492

***Branson said while her memory is sharp, her hearing is going. She said that’s why the loud noise she heard, in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day Weekend, sticks out in her mind.

Neighbors want answers two months into Chaffee County woman’s disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

*May 9, 2020

***And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m. “He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

Gentile said she heard Barry was out shopping by himself.

***Sometime between 1400 and 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne'sprofile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

***Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall.

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

***“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

Suzanne Morphew’s brother shares new details about her last known sighting and strange activity on his sister’s Facebook page hours before she was reported missing

***Mail Online reports Barry checked into a hotel room on May 9th, 2020 in Broomfield, Colorado. However, this may be erroneous as it is not known when he checked in. Barry claims he last saw Suzanne on May 10th at or around 0500 hours.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Broomfield Holiday Inn
32646066-8685695-DailyMail_com_can_reveal_that_a_co_worker_of_Barry_s_took_over_h-a-7_1599050483864.jpg

*May 10, 2020

MG stated she heard Barry’s truck revving outside her residence at 4 am.
Andy stated Barry was texting at 4 am on his way to Broomfield.

***Suzanne's husband (Barry) reportedly leaves the home at 0500 hrs for a reported work assignment in Denver, Colorado. He remarks that he doesn't wake Suzanne. Reports say he texts Suzanne a Mother's Day greeting that goes unanswered. Hours later, Barry's daughters contact him and report that their attempts to reach Suzanne go unanswered. Barry contacts neighbor and asks her to check on Suzanne. Neighbor reports that she walked through house and can't locate her. She sees Suzanne and daughter’s vehicle there. According to reports, Barry asks neighbor to return and see if Suzanne's bike is missing, noting she may be on a bike ride. Neighbor confirms the bike is missing and the neighbor calls the local sheriff to conduct a welfare check.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

***Biker saw a suspicious vehicle, car did not belong there, on Mother’s Day on the same road Suzanne’s bike is found. He reports the siting to law enforcement. This is the link to the interview with the biker: Timestamp 00:40

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman | FOX31 Denver

***Speaking in an exclusive interview, Puckett told DailyMail.com: ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad.

*** She again consented to the work and traveled with one of his contractors, JP, to the project.

Suspected ‘Other Woman' in Missing Colorado Mom’s Case Denies Affair Accusations

***Speaking with Fox 21, Barry admitted that the room smelled strongly of chlorine, but claims he had nothing to do with the stench.

'I'm not going to beat around the bush: it smelled [of chlorine] real strong,' he conceded.

***DailyMail.com can reveal Jeff Puckett, a co-worker of Barry’s, took over his hotel room on May 10 and found it scattered with wet towels and stinking of chlorine

A manager at the property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms

The co-worker also discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI

***Barry called again around 6:10 p.m. “Barry said that he had been up there all day, like getting the job ready for us,” Gentile said. And, he also told Gentile, he was leaving. There’d been a family emergency, he said. He left some tools behind, at the hotel.

It is reported online that Barry takes a friend to an area near Crested Butte where he collapses on the ground uttering something about Suzanne.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*May 11-17, 21-23 search timeline

*May 12

Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

[…]

“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything.”
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

*May 13, 2020

The Chafee County Sheriff’s Office launched a search for Morphew, with a crew of 100 people joined by tracking dogs provided by the Department of Corrections. After failing to locate Morphew on Sunday, authorities searched again on Monday, and as of late Monday had not found any sign of the missing woman.

MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride

***Family: Suzanne Morphew’s Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

*May 14

Fbi asked to assist

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*May 15

HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

***News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update
Sheriff is asked if Suzanne could still be alive. His response "We're certainly hopeful she is, obviously as time goes by it gives us concern but we are searching as though she is alive and we do believe she's still could still be alive." statement starting at timestamp 4:15.

This statement was made before the search of the home and the Salida property.

***Nephew of missing Chaffee County woman gives update on family search

*May 17

Find Suzanne Morphew facebook account created

Find Suzanne Morphew

*May-19

*May 22

A residential construction site is now the focus of the search for Suzanne Morphew, a Colorado woman who was reported missing from her Chaffee County home on Mother’s Day. The property owner confirmed to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, located east of Salida.

***Other searches have taken place in a reservoir, an area around County Road 225 and Highway 50, and the Monarch Spur RV Park, which is owned by FP and located near the Morphew home.

May 22 Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

*May-24

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

other sheriff press releases

Press Releases - Chaffee County Sheriff

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*May-26

Morphew home returned to family

*June 5

*July 9

Investigators returned to a missing Chaffee County woman’s home to search for more clues after two months

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

*August 20

In an earlier interview, Suzanne’s family told FOX21 CBI agents asked Barry to take a polygraph test on two separate occasions, and, each time, he turned them down.

[…]

“I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph,” Barry said. “There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question.”

[…]

Dan Corsentino, a private investigator in Pueblo, said it is possible those agencies did not ask Barry Morphew to take a polygraph. He also said it could be reasonable for an innocent person to deny the test.

https://www.fox21news.com/top-stories/people-dont-know-the-truth-suzanne-morphews-husband-breaks-silence-after-three-months/

*September 1

Barry is granted guardianship on September 1, 2020 by Judge Michael Casati in Case # 29D01-2006+GU-000096

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

*September 24

Missing Mom: Suzanne Morphew’s Brother Starts Independent Search With 100 Volunteers

Missing Mom: Suzanne Morphew's Brother Starts Independent Search With 100 Volunteers

***During the search, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said they responded to three reports of human remains dogs "alerting" on properties in the county, but each was determined to not be a viable lead:

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said that none of those properties were owned by members of the Morphew family.

*September 29

Vigil held in Salida for Suzanne Morphew

This may help catch you up - from the Media thread (link in page 1 of each new thread)

THANK YOU!!!

View attachment 500405
I know Barry does lie but any chance they did go on a hike that day which could explain her attire she was found in?

I know what you are asking, but SUZANNE was not found IN any clothes. Clothes were found near to and some within the grave with her. Clothes were found with her, not on her.

Barry Morphew is an idiot. JMO

Yes. He is.

SUZANNE was the only barrier between BM and him being seen as the bottom rung, ordinary, user and abuser, narcissistic murderer he is. And he had no idea.

It is just so odd to me the timing of this service. Initially, it made sense to me because I assumed with the autopsy being public that also meant the body was released to the family and even as much as I dislike Barry and what he has done and continues to do, I could push aside those feelings and think that it's because they have her body now they can celebrate her life and bury her (well maybe Barry thinks he's already buried her once so why bother again?). Then we learn that Barry didn't pick up her body and it's still sitting at the coroners office. Now it does start to feel like a show.

I want to know if Barry had those autopsy results before the public did. When did he have them and when was this service initially planned. Was it before or after Barry knew what the results of that autopsy were.

It's hard to not think things are rotten when it involves Barry. I do feel for the girls, but I am not so sure they would have taken the lead on planning a service without their dads approval. So I am back to thinking WTH is this all about.

If BM is involved, in any way, it’s rotten.

Add in Iris, and it’s gonna be filthy rotten. IMO

It is a show. Only a show because there are probably people asking the Morphew clan why there hasn’t been ANY ceremony of remembrance of SUZANNE, especially after her remains were found.

I wonder what the Morphew clan answers when asked why they haven’t taken SUZANNE’s remains.

There has to be a backstory. Barry has not attended or initiated any other celebration of Suzanne over the last 4 years.

Well, exactly.

The backstory is Iris et al are trying hard to redeem BM a bit in the eyes of, well, almost everyone.

And she needed a platform from which to spout her ongoing lies and misinformation about the case.

I don’t think she’ll take on the next murder charge. She’s only in it to win it. This case doesn’t fit her model. Except for the defending a guilty man part, I guess.

IMO

Is there one article that outlines this case so I can quickly catch up?
I'm trying but I doubt I can catch up this thread is moving very quickly.
What were Barry's motives for killing his wife? Does this one cover everything?

Here's the 48 Hours episode about it.

... and Suzanne was wearing or laying near a sweatshirt with a "Crested Butte" imprint, when her remains were found .... No wonder, it brought back scary memories for him.

And the same chemicals that Barry was known to possess and use! IIRC, he got them from his "deer park mentor" back in Indiana. Or at least, he told the FBI/LE such a story.

The last piece of the puzzle clicked into place when a forensic lab found evidence of each of those anesthetics in Suzanne's body. I was so hopeful that they would (toxins can often be found in the marrow chambers of the long bones, post mortem).

She was unconscious, not dead, when he removed her from her home. That meant that there would be no death products/evidence of murder at the property. She was merely "sleeping." It seems clear that he did not shoot or stab her (autopsy would have revealed that).

Barry was the person who last saw her alive. He says she was "sleeping." He is the person with access to the tranq darts. He admitted to use of them. He is the person running frantically around the house that day and he is the person who drove to the place where the bike was deposited (or was it his cell phone that went there? Can't remember).

This occurs during a phone call between Suzanne and her long distance romantic partner. Barry has put up game cams immediately adjacent to the hot tub area.

He is also the person who failed to organize a proper memorial for her (waiting until next week!), or participate in vigils for searchers. He never makes a meaningful plea to her abductor to bring her back.

Then, of course, there's the physical evidence (of dart use, dart disposal, etc). He is caught at least once on video disposing of stuff later recovered by LE, IIRC. And even more damning are the things he said on record (after being told he had the right to remain silent).

All of this reminds me of the famous photo of Barry's style of "organizing" his truck for their move to CO. He's disorganized and that turns out to be a major part of his downfall. He's also sleep-deprived and he gets even sloppier. Disorganized and arrogant, used to getting his own way, this autopsy information is the final nail.

There's a lot more that we don't know, of course.

IMO
I love your posts. I am sure not just Indiana LE but the FBI has an eye on Barry. As much as they had to spend to arrest him the first time and both investigations, they’re likely mad as heck and won’t let that monster out of their sight. There’s money in this for Iris also. She will milk him for all it’s worth, while telling him she will get him free again. This time it’s different.

Lauren is one of the good 'uns, and has been an absolute bulldog in pursuit of justice for Suzanne. Following.

Judge Lama, on the other hand, may be revising the Morphew Case chapter of his memoirs.

A theory should always be evaluated as "speculative" or not on the basis of the facts at hand, and not an attorney's pressure campaign.

Maybe he barried it for later.

I wonder how many pesos a ring like that might fetch.

One wonders if that was her original engagement ring or if it was upgraded at some point. Barry is a self titled tightwad so perfect opportunity to pocket a diamond and substitute a cubic zirconia.

I would however give a long eye to any recent gifts.

JMO
Probably around 51,315 pesos or more LOL. If it was a lab diamond as it was super sparkly as lab diamonds tend to be because they don't have the flaws of natural diamonds and they can be up to 75% less in price per carat so I'm guessing it was probably worth $3000 maybe alittle more. I hope it wasn't something she worse everyday and one of her daughters has it. As I said earlier maybe less than what her fancy bike cost :)

Lauren is one of the good 'uns, and has been an absolute bulldog in pursuit of justice for Suzanne. Following.

Judge Lama, on the other hand, may be revising the Morphew Case chapter of his memoirs.

A theory should always be evaluated as "speculative" or not on the basis of the facts at hand, and not an attorney's pressure campaign.
Maybe for Judge Lama but I for one am glad they dismissed that first attempt. I personally thought the case was doomed from the time they released the AA and caught my share of "thumbs down" for those thoughts.

If she did wear the ring all of the time, and it wasn't found in the home, it would be interesting to know if Barry asked about it when they found her body? He's proclaims he's cheap so that would be something he would ask about unless of course he knows where it is. JMO

In the various articles, I have seen that his lawyer said the autopsy proves she had coffee on Sunday morning. I also saw a comment that her feet bones and shoes were not found. I do not see that info in the copy of the autopsy report in this article, Suzanne Morphew's autopsy reveals she died by homicide
Is there a full autopsy report somewhere else? The skeletal remains are listed and it seems to be incomplete. This one lists the clothing which only has one glove. So the other glove is also missing.

Lol.

In a follow-up email, another Barry Morphew attorney, Iris Eytan, noted that the chemicals found are used in Colorado by ranchers, hunters and wildlife officials.

“They are a controlled substance and the authorities should be tracking down the specialized vets in the area that were able to prescribe it, who they prescribed it to and when,” wrote Eytan.

The assertion that tranquilizer drugs are used in hunting was challenged by 33-year wildlife officer Renzo DelPiccolo, who is retired from Colorado Parks and Wildlife. He told CPR News that he never once encountered a hunter using tranquilizer darts.

Tranquilizers were commonly used by wildlife officials, “but absolutely never heard of hunters using it,” said DelPicco, who retired in 2020. He said the use of tranquilizers for hunting is illegal.

“You certainly could kill the animal, harassing the animal,” DelPicco said. “You run risk to yourself, because tranquilizers are very dangerous to people, and that’s why it’s important to be trained in the use of them.”

Maybe for Judge Lama but I for one am glad they dismissed that first attempt. I personally thought the case was doomed from the time they released the AA and caught my share of "thumbs down" for those thoughts.

It's a stronger case now, but it was already strong enough for a conviction. There is tons of inculpatory evidence in the AA, almost zero exculpatory evidence. His own words are a gold mine. The only problem with the AA is the editing, not the relevant substantive content.

Last edited:
In the various articles, I have seen that his lawyer said the autopsy proves she had coffee on Sunday morning. I also saw a comment that her feet bones and shoes were not found. I do not see that info in the copy of the autopsy report in this article, Suzanne Morphew's autopsy reveals she died by homicide
Is there a full autopsy report somewhere else? The skeletal remains are listed and it seems to be incomplete. This one lists the clothing which only has one glove. So the other glove is also missing.
As far as I know only a partial version / summary of the Autopsy Report has been released. Someone yesterday or this morning posted up thread about how foot and lower extremity bones often are missing in shallow burial cases. But I unfortunately won’t be able to find it…… and I cannot recall who posted it. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
restfulmedsuk