Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a stronger case now, but it was already strong enough for a conviction. There is tons of inculpatory evidence in the AA, almost zero exculpatory evidence. His own words are a gold mine.
Exactly.
It was bang on the nail, in fact..
Judiciary decisions need to be examined by a group of peers rather badly.

Means: He owned the exact same drugs that were determined to cause the death of Suzanne. There was also a cap to a tranquilizer dart as well as khaki shorts in the dryer @ the house.

Motive: Divorce, Money, Affair, Suzanne as object that only barry could possess.

Opportunity: He was the last person to see her alive. He is also present at the exact same time that Suzanne stops any and all communication with the outside world.

These 3 major points are enough to hang someone in most cases. This is without even bringing all the other stuff to the table including:

- His odd behavior at the house. Resetting the truck computer, opening and closing the doors to the truck over 100 times, Sharing a steak with the victim and using only one plate.

- His inconsistent behavior surrounding the work order in Broomfield and him surprising his staff and making them go to the job site on a Sunday when they couldn't legally work that day. He also claimed to work at the sire on that Sunday however he was only there for 15 minst

- His proximity to where the bike and helmet were found and him not disclosing that he drove in the opposite direction of Broomfield on the morning after Suzanne went quiet. He claimed he was following elk to harvest antlers even though at that time of year Elk wouldn't be shedding them.

- His tour of multiple garbage sites to "clean out" his truck of garbage despite his truck being a complete, sloppy mess when he returned home.

- Him entering and exiting his hotel room in Broomfield in different clothes multiple times as well as throwing objects out at the hotel dumpster.

- Odd cell phone pings inside and around the house at the time of his arrival at the house around the time Suzanne stopped all communications. Also barry put his phone on Airplane mode when he got back to the house.

- His multiple lies to LE

- The VERY odd " Oh Suzanne" video!

- His Odd behavior during searches for Suzanne including the laying on the ground performance behind his property as well as threatening behavior towards searchers looking for for Suzanne

- His domestic violence issues as told by Suzanne.

- Stalking behavior on a girl's trip where he "surprised' her as well as the time he crept up on Suzanne and a friend in the house.

- The very strange pattern or no pattern at all in regards to phone calls with Suzanne in the months leading up to her disappearance. There were long periods of time when they NEVER spoke on the phone. ( THIS DOESN'T GET ENOUGH ATTENTION IN MY EYES, this was not a healthy relationship)

- Deleted texts between barry and Suzanne.

- barry switching the blade out on his tractor on the day Suzanne stopped all communication.

- No tears or any visible reaction to the loss of Suzanne, his beloved wife.

- The scratches on his arm.

- Damaged bedroom door that was unexplained.

- The ease in which he found a 'new' girlfriend weeks after Suzanne's disappearance.

- Suzanne's missing journal and the remains of what looks like a journal and other papers in the fireplace.

- Mysterious bleach smell in barry's hotel room.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of them but you get the idea. Now I'm a fair man so I'm going to go large here and say take any 10 of this "coincidences" and explanations away and you are still left with PLENTY of evidence that point to barry be complicit in the murder of his wife. His reasons and excuses are laughable.

Means: He owned the exact same drugs that were determined to cause the death of Suzanne. There was also a cap to a tranquilizer dart as well as khaki shorts in the dryer @ the house.

Motive: Divorce, Money, Affair, Suzanne as object that only barry could possess.

Opportunity: He was the last person to see her alive. He is also present at the exact same time that Suzanne stops any and all communication with the outside world.

These 3 major points are enough to hang someone in most cases. This is without even bringing all the other stuff to the table including:

- His odd behavior at the house. Resetting the truck computer, opening and closing the doors to the truck over 100 times, Sharing a steak with the victim and using only one plate.

- His inconsistent behavior surrounding the work order in Broomfield and him surprising his staff and making them go to the job site on a Sunday when they couldn't legally work that day. He also claimed to work at the sire on that Sunday however he was only there for 15 minst

- His proximity to where the bike and helmet were found and him not disclosing that he drove in the opposite direction of Broomfield on the morning after Suzanne went quiet. He claimed he was following elk to harvest antlers even though at that time of year Elk wouldn't be shedding them.

- His tour of multiple garbage sites to "clean out" his truck of garbage despite his truck being a complete, sloppy mess when he returned home.

- Him entering and exiting his hotel room in Broomfield in different clothes multiple times as well as throwing objects out at the hotel dumpster.

- Odd cell phone pings inside and around the house at the time of his arrival at the house around the time Suzanne stopped all communications. Also barry put his phone on Airplane mode when he got back to the house.

- His Odd behavior during searches for Suzanne including the laying on the ground performance behind his property as well as threatening behavior towards searchers looking for for Suzanne

- Stalking behavior on a girl's trip where he "surprised' her as well as the time he crept up on Suzanne and a friend in the house.

- The very strange pattern or no pattern at all in regards to phone calls with Suzanne in the months leading up to her disappearance. There were long periods of time when they NEVER spoke on the phone. ( THIS DOESN'T GET ENOUGH ATTENTION IN MY EYES, this was not a healthy relationship)

- barry switching the blade out on his tractor on the day Suzanne stopped all communication.

- The ease in which he found a 'new' girlfriend weeks after Suzanne's disappearance.

- Suzanne's missing journal and the remains of what looks like a journal and other papers in the fireplace.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of them but you get the idea. Now I'm a fair man so I'm going to go large here and say take any 10 of this "coincidences" and explanations away and you are still left with PLENTY of evidence that point to barry be complicit in the murder of his wife. His reasons and excuses are laughable.
nice work!

It's remarkable, isn't it? That's what I've seen too. Even the Facebook threads for the Denver news channels which generally tend to have a ton of contrarians and toadies have been super consistent in anti-Barry sentiment. And the other socials that attract more true-crime buffs are even more sure he's guilty and ready to throw away the key and let him rot.
I’m a member of several private Facebook groups for Suzanne where there’s been plenty of opinionated Barry supporters over the years. I haven’t seen hide nor hair of any of them in the last 24 hours. Lol :D

So on the AA I found the page with the photos from her instagram and the date/times.

Page 40 of the AA, which is page 42 of the PDF file.

4/20 2:18MST
4/27 4:26MST
5/6 4:30MST

Also on page 5 of the AA or page 7 of the PDF in the foot notes it says she bikes in the afternoon. Then on the following page of the AA it mentions the daughters boyfriend stating he introduced her to biking and she bikes in the afternoon.

Yet Barry said she usually bikes between 8 and 9am.
Thanks for this. I knew I had seen these photos somewhere. Looks like she is wearing a grey long sleeved hoody in the middle photo.

Here are some Yeti Bike Shorts.

Attachments

• IMG_1865.png
    IMG_1865.png
    138 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
THe Autopsy Report made no mention of her ring. Wonder who has it ☹️

JMO but who could be a Barry supporter at this point? They have all disappeared…..

And the same chemicals that Barry was known to possess and use! IIRC, he got them from his "deer park mentor" back in Indiana. Or at least, he told the FBI/LE such a story.

The last piece of the puzzle clicked into place when a forensic lab found evidence of each of those anesthetics in Suzanne's body. I was so hopeful that they would (toxins can often be found in the marrow chambers of the long bones, post mortem).

She was unconscious, not dead, when he removed her from her home. That meant that there would be no death products/evidence of murder at the property. She was merely "sleeping." It seems clear that he did not shoot or stab her (autopsy would have revealed that).

Barry was the person who last saw her alive. He says she was "sleeping." He is the person with access to the tranq darts. He admitted to use of them. He is the person running frantically around the house that day and he is the person who drove to the place where the bike was deposited (or was it his cell phone that went there? Can't remember).

This occurs during a phone call between Suzanne and her long distance romantic partner. Barry has put up game cams immediately adjacent to the hot tub area.

He is also the person who failed to organize a proper memorial for her (waiting until next week!), or participate in vigils for searchers. He never makes a meaningful plea to her abductor to bring her back.

Then, of course, there's the physical evidence (of dart use, dart disposal, etc). He is caught at least once on video disposing of stuff later recovered by LE, IIRC. And even more damning are the things he said on record (after being told he had the right to remain silent).

All of this reminds me of the famous photo of Barry's style of "organizing" his truck for their move to CO. He's disorganized and that turns out to be a major part of his downfall. He's also sleep-deprived and he gets even sloppier. Disorganized and arrogant, used to getting his own way, this autopsy information is the final nail.

There's a lot more that we don't know, of course.

IMO
From your post.

‘This occurs during a phone call between Suzanne and her long distance romantic partner. Barry has put up game cams immediately adjacent to the hot tub area.’

Are you saying that Mr Liebler overheard the assault?

Am I the only one not worried at all about the potential for self harm in Barry? I'm fine with that possibility, Barry; no need to waste anyone's time. It's a shame you didn't do that first. We'd still have Suzanne, which would be a much better contribution to the universe than the one we got.
Ain’t that the truth.

Jennifer Farber-Dulos.…Shanann Watts….Lacy Peterson….to name a few.
All good women and mothers.

What are your thoughts on the possibility of DNA preserved and identified from the autopsy and from the recovery of the clothing found? I really think the FBI can find the DNA!
MOO
I’m not optimistic, but I still think those items could be helpful based on what they are, and if they should be there.

I think any DNA would be touch DNA, and it degrades over time (which the defense took advantage of with the glovebox DNA).

Over 3 years exposed to the elements doesn’t make me hopeful.

Then again, I never thought she’d be found, and never thought the autopsy would find that tranquilizer.

One can hope.

Last edited:
I’m not optimistic, but I still think those items could be helpful based on what they are, and if they should be there.

I think any DNA would be touch DNA, and it degrades overtime (which the defense took advantage of with the glovebox DNA).

Then again, I never thought she’d be found, and never thought the autopsy would find that tranquilizer.

One can hope.
That’s exactly right. It was a gift she was even found, so hopefully by some miracle, HIS DNA will be found.

I think any DNA would be touch DNA, and it degrades overtime (which the defense took advantage of with the glovebox DNA).

One can hope.
The AR mentioned a packet of contents from the hoody. Perhaps that gleaned something?

Absolutely Yes. When he was pushing the Suzanne was bike riding and someone snatched her narrative (Lion or bad actor), burying here there would make more sense than an intensive, well thought out, only someone who lives around here knows kind of place for her remains.

I've said it before but I LOATHE this farce of a man who uses God and his religion in his twisted, warped mind as an excuse to murder her.

6x10 concrete cell, meet BM. Tick, tock.

I was wondering if anyone else thinks BM would off himself rather than go back to jail or go through a public trial?

MOOI
^ VR B&C ^
Thank you @girlhasnoname :D!
Ages ago - <modsnip> - I opined that we would never see Barry in the dock. At base, I sensed him to be an abject coward. This was before his arrest. I could not then imagine him even doing a runner, inasmuch as playing The (guilty) Fugitive in a real life murder case ... well that was WAAAY beyond his 'ballsy' quotient.
Aside: Too bad the powers-that-were didn't see this as well, and leave him free to continue hoisting himself on his own petard while they tightened-up their case :( ...

Prognostication alert:
Our (whenever-confirmed) DA should obtain, STAT, a court order to take morphewman into protective custody, replete with: (1) 24/7 suicide watch, and (2) a course of visiting psych evals; these, @ minimum, to [try to] cover the state's six o'clock :eek:.

Last edited by a moderator:

One can hope.
I’m keeping my fingers & toes crossed there may have been a few tiny, minute specks of burry’s DNA under her nails! She fought him hard, imo, by looking at the scratches on his left arm. Pic on page 43 of the AA previously posted. Those are significant “healing” scratches considering this photo was taken May 13, 4 days after Suzanne went silent! MOO

Attachments

• IMG_4026.jpeg
    IMG_4026.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics