Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne's Jewelry. Worn by BM's GF?
Did I hear the friend correctly?! She says BM's girlfriend (I guess she means SD) came into the tanning salon in October 2020 wearing Suzanne's jewelry?
Suzanne was still missing at this point. If the jewelry thing is correct, just another indication BM knew she wouldn't be coming back.
@Gizmo3 Interesting. Thanks for posting.
Yes, in some pix, SM wore ring w big diamond (real or faux? IDK) solitaire, maybe a gold chain & cross.

I wonder what jewelry pieces friend referred to.
Not recalling seeing in particular that would be unusual to the point of being identifiable as belonging to SM, but I am an A-1 bozo ;) on observing things like this.

Yes, if GF was wearing SM's jewelry in Oct 2020,
well, :O hoo-boy-howdy. :/

Yes, he is always infantilizing Suzanne as if she had the mentality of a silly teenager, rather than the mother of two children and a woman who survived a recurrent cancer and long periods of chemotherapy and/or radiation.

My feeling is that he never gives her credit as being an adult and certainly never considers her his equal partner in life.
I believe that his constant belittling behavior towards Suzanne left her feeling so devalued /diminished that he sent her right into the arms of the old HS one night stand JL.
She was starved for any positive attention/validation from the opposite sex. And he seemed safe - online- living all the way out there in Michigan- kids a wife - harmless flirtation.
There she is almost losing her life, wondering if she will survive that second recurrence of cancer and wondering is that all there is ? She loved her girls but they were almost out of the nest and I think she finally felt - What about me?
She was desperately looking for a shelter from the storm. And that storm had always been Barry Morphew.

BM doted on her and charmed her in the beginining, then over the years controlled her and alienated her from her family and then finally isolated her by moving the family to the backwoods and mountains of Colorado.

I honestly don't know how she managed not killing him all those years.

SHE WAS SUCH A SURVIVOR . Until that final storm.

I am such a non violent person but at this moment I wish Colorado still had the death penalty for BM

JMO

IMO that may not always be the case? I envision in some scenarios, conclusive and definitive results from new testing might give reason to go back and assess and reassess other elements and data. Or even conduct additional tests. And that can be a slow arduous task. In particular in a complicated case such as this appears to be.

I am in no hurry to see this moved too quickly. None at all! They have only one shot. And they need to get it right, perfect, or darn near. So time is on their side IMO. And with the years and time already invested and passed, several more months or longer don’t bother me in the least.

The prosecution will need to be rifle-shot accurate with their filings, etc. Errors such as previously seen could be fatal to the case. I would rather have a quiet, confident, assured accurate prosecutor, team, and case. Not one blathering to the public or microphone on how things are proceeding. Let them speak in a courtroom to a judge and jury.

IMO Rome can burn slowly, long, and brightly in BM and team’s world. SM and her family and friends deserve lasting justice. And not on anyone’s timeline other than a successful prosecution. MOO
I’m ok with waiting too. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that the first trial never happened. If it had happened without a body, and with wily IE at the defense helm, there’s some chance he might have skated off free. And that would have been it, even after they found her body. Double jeopardy.

Now? He’s got no chance. Get it right, go to trial, he’s DONE.

How’s that for divine providence, Barry?

jmo

I respectfully disagree. Imo he’s too much of a narcissist. He will go to his grave denying any involvement or wrongdoing. He’s Barry Morphew ffs. Moo
I think he will do a F Dulos / B Laundrie etc act OR flee the country as Peterson tried to do .
I agree he is a narcissist who will deny, deny, deny as liars do, but once faced with this new evidence, he will try to run or not face it as the coward he is.
He thinks too much of himself to be put in prison.

I’m ok with waiting too. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that the first trial never happened. If it had happened without a body, and with wily IE at the defense helm, there’s some chance he might have skated off free. And that would have been it, even after they found her body. Double jeopardy.

Now? He’s got no chance. Get it right, go to trial, he’s DONE.

How’s that for divine providence, Barry?

jmo
I whole heartly agree !!
While we were all bummed the trial did not go through , I believe it truly was a blessing , Suzanne was found, Autopsy re-affirms Prosecutors results of what happened.

NOW--they can go after him !!!

Your goose, steak, elk, chimpmunks, deer and duck -whatever is cooked BM

Asset Seizure from BM?
Today someone (sorry, forgot who) mentioned ^this.^ FWIW.

"Colorado Forfeiture Law"*
"The primary Colorado civil asset forfeiture law, the Colorado Public Nuisance Abatement Act, addresses the confiscation and forfeiture of property. 2
"Forfeiture is a civil action undertaken in combination with a criminal prosecution in Colorado. Generally, Colorado law requires a conviction prior to a forfeiture judgment by the court, so a district court will suspend civil forfeiture proceedings related to a case until a criminal conviction is obtained. 3"

Footnote "1 This issue brief specifically covers civil asset forfeiture, which is an action against property, and does not discuss criminal asset forfeiture, which is an action brought against a defendant as a part of a criminal prosecution."

Too distracted ATM to think about whether this could possibly apply to BM.
Anyone? TiA.

Asset Seizure from BM?

"The primary Colorado civil asset forfeiture law, the Colorado Public Nuisance Abatement Act, addresses the confiscation and forfeiture of property. 2
"Forfeiture is a civil action undertaken in combination with a criminal prosecution in Colorado. Generally, Colorado law requires a conviction prior to a forfeiture judgment by the court, so a district court will suspend civil forfeiture proceedings related to a case until a criminal conviction is obtained. 3"

Footnote "1 This issue brief specifically covers civil asset forfeiture, which is an action against property, and does not discuss criminal asset forfeiture, which is an action brought against a defendant as a part of a criminal prosecution."

Anyone? TiA.

Has he liquidated everything in CO? I wonder how that works if all of her, oh excuse me, his assets are now in Indiana.
Surely most of his (Suzanne's) assets are in IE's bank account.

Busy Bee Barry and his Beloved Bobcat have to Be on the Brink of Broke By now, moral Bankruptcy notwithstanding.

JMO which is brought to you by the letter B and a powerful mix of anger... and sadness.

Surely most of his (Suzanne's) assets are in IE's bank account.

Busy Bee Barry and his Beloved Bobcat have to Be on the Brink of Broke By now, moral Bankruptcy notwithstanding.

JMO which is brought to you by the letter B and a powerful mix of anger... and sadness.
"Busy Bee Barry and his Beloved Bobcat have to Be on the Brink of Broke By now"

Too funny Megnut!

Asset Seizure from BM?

Anyone? TiA.

What did I miss? I'm not following why OP thinks "Civil Forfeiture" could be applicable in this case. Generally, civil forfeitures apply to the drug trade, organized crime, and corruption. And BM is no Tony Soprano!

BM was previously arrested and charged with first degree murder and tampering with a dead body, and if arrested today, I think the same charges would apply.

Previously, BM had also been charged with two additional offenses which have already been adjudicated (no double jeopardy).

More important -- I'm not seeing neither the past or pending murder charges involving property used in a crime or illegally activity which would be subject to seizure under state or federal statutes.

What I know is proponents of "Civil Forfeiture" laws (where one doesn't even have to be arrested), argue it can be an effective tool in thwarting criminal organizations by efficiently and directly harming suspected criminals economically while helping law enforcement financially. But again, I don't see how this is would even be applicable here.

Did I hear the friend correctly?! She says BM's girlfriend (I guess she means SD) came into the tanning salon in October 2020 wearing Suzanne's jewelry?

Suzanne was still missing at this point. If the jewelry thing is correct, just another indication BM knew she wouldn't be coming back.

Same thing happened in this case: The Teachers Pet Podcast in Australia. The wife, Lynette Dawson's body has never been found!

Chris Dawson is serving time for the murder of his then wife Lynette Dawson. He will die in jail, after being free for over 20 years.
One daughter believes he's innocent - One daughter believes he is guilty. He also gave his wife's jewellery/clothes/rings to his 16yo lover....... it is a most disgusting case. He's had 3 extra years added to his jail term for underage sex just recently.

Also, quite a few similarities in BM & Chris Dawson ^ - both have "God complex" IMO.

There is another case too Corryn Rayney (Registrar) buried up in Kings Park in Perth Western Australia. Found only because her abandoned car leaked fluid and they traced the fluid back into the parkland and to the burial site. If not for that - she was never getting found.

Lloyd Rayney (Solicitor) the husband was acquitted (we don't have double jeopardy rules - he can be taken back to Court if further evidence is found). Lloyd Rayney, however, was struck off as a lawyer for secretly taping his wife's phone calls. He also has two daughters - both standing beside their father as Not Guilty atm.

Both of these husband/wife cases have been intriguing and gathered lots of Media attention. With the terrible increase in domestic violence in Australia - something has to be done about these type of murders.

Thank goodness Suzanne's remains have been found for both her daughters sake. I think the Memorial Service is going to be a TV circus and so very terribly sad for Suzanne's daughters.

So since Friday’s been brought up again, I remember the possibility being discussed in these threads over the years and remember there were/are some who hold steadfast to the theory that LE has the day of the murder wrong and think BM murdered SM on Friday May 8th sometime after she sent the text message to her Sister that morning around 11am iirc. That BM possibly cloned/hacked her phone and apps and impersonated SM from his phone and he was the one that sent out the FB friends requests Friday evening and messaging himself and JL in the Saturday morning/early afternoon text convos, and sent an old picture of Suzanne to JL as the last “proof of life” sunbathing photo.
Some thought/think the text convos with BM and JL didn’t sound like SM or her normal pattern of sending longer texts to JL, and sending to BM- “wanna hike” why would she be asking him to go hiking after telling him she was done just a few days prior. In this theory, he disposed of SM late Friday evening/early morning hours Saturday. There are probably some other details that were discussed that I’ve forgotten but that’s the basic premise/gist of it.

Personally, I have debunked this theory for a couple of reasons:

1.) If you want people to believe SM was alive when you left for Broomfield at 5am Sunday, why would you only “keep her alive” until 2:11pm Saturday?!? You bothered to text with her lover something like 59 times and yet ignored her BFF Sheila’s messages later that day/evening??? Does not add up or make sense to me if the whole point is to keep SM alive until you left for Broomfield Sunday morning.

2.) I do not believe the FBI digital experts that assisted in this case would miss something as huge as this in their review and analysis of the phones’ digital records.
Even if the phones’ location and Metadata were either wiped/tampered with, imo FBI digital experts would be able to tell/discover it.

IMO BM did not murder SM Friday May 8th, clone SM’s phone, nor outsmart the FBI!

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

Linkedin logs your device sessions. i am logged in on multiple devices and it shows up in the linkedin interface. Short version, this is the kind of movie plot that sounds great on a YouTube live, but actually would create the smoking gun evidence of your guilt. So in addition to your very good reasons, this is technically a stupid idea!

From the Where you’re signed in page, you can see how many sessions you're currently signed into. A session is created when you sign into your LinkedIn account. This session is stored in your settings as an active session with information including location, IP Address, and device type. If you sign out of the account, the session is no longer active and will drop off from the settings.
On that page, you can also review all devices that are signed in to your LinkedIn account, when you last signed in, what browser was used, the IP address, and the city and state the login occurred in.

ETA: This is also why i don't believe BM was ever logged in to SM's facebook. The extra device session would show up when Facebook dug into her data. The FB activity would probably also be in BMs web activity etc

Last edited:
Just wonder perhaps if some other animals or rodents that BM claimed to have been chasing or addressing that weekend also appeared within the burial site?

If so, maybe there will be other corroborating evidence tying to his stories told then? If so, then could also wonder how they were killed or if any evidence indicates such? If not, then it might not be relevant. And would think if he was truely killing other vermin at the household, then those would have been left around the residence for evidence? Unless maybe the suspect overthought things? MOO
What if animals fed on a newly disposed body that was full of BAM. Would it have killed them?

Linkedin logs your device sessions. i am logged in on multiple devices and it shows up in the linkedin interface. Short version, this is the kind of movie plot that sounds great on a YouTube live, but actually would create the smoking gun evidence of your guilt. So in addition to your very good reasons, this is technically a stupid idea!

ETA: This is also why i don't believe BM was ever logged in to SM's facebook. The extra device session would show up when Facebook dug into her data. The FB activity would probably also be in BMs web activity etc
So we know if the fb friends requests were sent when Suzanne accessed fb via her phone or was it via a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay