Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Barry talked to the girls at the Memorial. What must they think now that she was determined to be intoxicated with tranquilizer chemicals that they know their dad used. It would be a nice turn of events if they supported their murdered mother.

This is why I expected a strong reaction from the FBI defendants (which we got). Obviously the FBI were never going to let this kind of nonsense stand. Grusing conducted a text book set of interviews and developed critical evidence. The idea that it should be characterised as a constitutional rights breach is absurd. Barry had the right to silence. No one made him lie to investigators.

IMO!

I wonder if Barry talked to the girls at the Memorial. What must they think now that she was determined to be intoxicated with tranquilizer chemicals that they know their dad used. It would be a nice turn of events if they supported their murdered mother.
I think one day they will.

Sneaky sneak who sneaks sneaked in? Please tell me he was combating panic, worried LE might swoop in to steal any unguarded minute and re-arrest him. Measure, measure, counter-measure. Did he slink out in the same fashion? No time for cozies? "You are Suzanne to me".

I don't mind if he feels a little hunted. Knows not the day nor hour...

It'll be like a little surprise, but one he knew was coming

I'm'a gonna call it husband's day.

JMO
Very intriguing scenario Megnut! I too wonder who BM might have perhaps dressed up as? Who or what, did he approximate? What outfit or clandestine clothing garb did he wear to attend incognito? Amazing there are no pictures of him from the event.

As justirish notes above in post # 590 this thread, team BM might well request a speedy trial. And for that reason, I agree with that post that investigators and the prosecution team will want to take their time. And get their ducks all aligned. They need to also deal with all the prior evidence, new findings, and previous filings and concerns. Time will be their ally - for a good case, presentation of evidence before a judge and jury, and one hopes a conviction of their prime suspect.

This will be a while. And we can look forward to Error505 with all the bells and whistles waiting to sound. For now…… enjoy the silence. (And if you do choose….. cue up Depeche Mode: ‘Enjoy the Silence’…… or if you prefer, Simon and Garfunkel: ‘The Sounds of Silence’, or both? (FWIW close with ‘Policy of Truth’ by Depeche Mode. Fitting for finding justice in this case for SM IMO. MOO

From page 4 of 129 in the Arrest Affidavit:

“In the main floor/foyer area of a storage closet, Deputy Brown observed what appeared to be a reddish/brown substance that was smeared midway on the side of the closet wall.”

This reddish-brown stain was processed by CBI Laboratory and determined not to be blood; however, inquiring minds might like to know if it was related to the tranquilizer chemical, BAM. As we’ve been so kindly informed by Mr. Morphew’s attorney, “farmers and ranchers had it (BAM) and especially in that area. " (Morphew residence)

The video link
perhaps sheds some light on this issue.

At 1:01 of 2:48 on this video there’s a good shot of BAM being injected. I submit that the substance could reasonably be described as being reddish/brown in color (subject to the uncertainties of copy and reproduction).
View attachment 501817
Assuming for just a moment that perhaps the substance observed on the closet wall was BAM, I must ask the burning question: What were all those farmers and ranchers doing in Mr. Morphew’s foyer? (Can’t a man get a little privacy for God’s sake!!)
Very interesting post. I also located information on one pharmaceutical maker of the BAM chemical combination. Saddens me to type the details of ‘Chemical Immobilization for Wildlife’. Their website link on it is below.

I also intend to search for a chemical Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for BAM to see if any details on the color of a typical BAM mixture is indicated. MOO

Very interesting post. I also located information on one pharmaceutical maker of the BAM chemical combination. Saddens me to type the details of ‘Chemical Immobilization for Wildlife’. Their website link on it is below.

I also intend to search for a chemical Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for BAM to see if any details on the color of a typical BAM mixture is indicated. MOO

I would not be surprised if different providers produce different color of mixture. It would be interesting to find out who was the producer of the BAM that BM used, and if the BAM found in Suzanne was from the same producer.

I would not be surprised if different providers produce different color of mixture. It would be interesting to find out who was the producer of the BAM that BM used, and if the BAM found in Suzanne was from the same producer.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. And they might do that to differentiate their product from others. It seems most manufacturers of this chemical mixture / combination don’t readily publish their chemical Safety Data Sheets (SDS) online. And access to the SDS without an account or order is not a simple matter.

BAM is technically a combination of three different chemicals if I understand correctly. Whether any possible chemical interaction or reaction between the chemicals when mixed might exhibit color is also not readily apparent. IIRC two of the three might be a liquid, whereas the third a solid. And some refer to a tartrate or a hydrochloride salt of some sort. I remain at a standstill on the quest for a SDS or color of ‘BAM’ for now. MOO

I think MDW was a convergence of forces. The perfect storm fury.

Suzanne was graduating from cancer treatment. She was ready to have The Talk with Barry, for real this time.

She crossed a threshold and I'm not talking about the one to JL's marriage. It was her own. Resolve. She even told JL this wasn't about him, that she expected she'd take some time to just be herself. Think about it: for decades she was the heart of her family, keeping Barry marginally presentable. She may have felt it was her job. Her lot in life. Her debt. But surviving cancer twice, I think she wanted more from life. Transparency. Not pretending everything was OK when it wasn't.

I think Suzanne sent the youngest away, knowing they'd be back on Mother's Day so she wouldn't be brought down by the heavy conversation.

We don't know what Barry said to Suzanne to placate her. Talk of Arizona, building a house, maybe for her, maybe for him. Maybe she washed those bedsheets because Barry agreed to move out. It was on her To Do list, not because she expected the girls/guest to sleep in that bed, but a triumph that he was vacating it once and for all.

MDW was sort of incidental. She had the friend's daughter's wedding (that Barry wouldn't let her GO TO iirc) but I think the greatest significance for why that weekend was two fold -- something happened on Tuesday or Wednesday from which there was no coming back (Barry did something) and her treatment was ending. She wanted to live FORWARD, without him holding her BACK.

Which also is why she's dead. He wasn't going to let that happen. Ever.

JMO

bbm

Arizona.

Made me think of him staying in an older model (1965, iirc) Fleetwood of some kind at a trailer/RV park in Cave Creek.

I drove up there and it is a very small park located just off Cave Creek Road behind a gas station. Tight quarters, didn’t look very plush, but close walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops.

Made me wonder if he’s pinching pennies a bit.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. And they might do that to differentiate their product from others. It seems most manufacturers of this chemical mixture / combination don’t readily publish their chemical Safety Data Sheets (SDS) online. And access to the SDS without an account or order is not a simple matter.

BAM is technically a combination of three different chemicals if I understand correctly. Whether any possible chemical interaction or reaction between the chemicals when mixed might exhibit color is also not readily apparent. IIRC two of the three might be a liquid, whereas the third a solid. And some refer to a tartrate or a hydrochloride salt of some sort. I remain at a standstill on the quest for a SDS or color of ‘BAM’ for now. MOO
A 2024 Wildlife Service document (link below) states that the mixed BAM solution is "predominately clear". This is reasonable since butorphanol is clear and the other two compounds are white soluble powders.

However, many analgesic or anesthetic drugs contain non-active ingredients including preservatives and color. The added coloring aids in identifying solutions while in the syringe to prevent misapplication or confusion with the reversal chemical. Compounding pharmacies take existing drugs and manipulate them for a specific patient/application and can change the color. One large distributor of BAM that is prominent online is the compounding pharmacy Wedgewood (Zoopharm.net). There are various others.

So, this color issue remains unresolved. (I, like I am not Sherlock H., remain at standstill).

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.aphis.usda.gov/sites/default/files/27-euthanasia-immobilization.pdf

I think one day they will.

I don’t want to discuss the daughters in detail, I just want to say that I feel much compassion towards them, and don’t judge them. Too many things to process; adult minds would have problems adjusting. They were in such young adulthood, call it formative years, and IMHO, they are not too worldly adults even now. I am concerned about them, and hope that they have some support group.

Because of the "caffeine" I read some interesting things about sedation of animals. I actually wanted to find out, if the caffeine plays a role, when working on reverse sedation with appropriate medication. Then I learned of the intubation, absolutely needed for avoiding respiratory arrest before finally the awakening (of the animal) takes place. My next thought was, BM indeed had to avoid resperatory arrest, IF he wanted to transport Suzanne alive to Moffat or elsewhere.
What I don't understand though, are the traces of cadaverine, which were found by dogs on the seat of the bobcat and the bucket of it (iirc).

Last edited:
Because of the "caffeine" I read some interesting things about sedation of animals. I actually wanted to find out, if the caffeine plays a role, when working on reverse sedation with appropriate medication. Then I learned of the intubation, absolutely needed for avoiding respiratory arrest before finally the awakening (of the animal) takes place. My next thought was, BM indeed had to avoid resperatory arrest, IF he wanted to transport Suzanne alive to Moffat or elsewhere.
What I don't understand though, are the traces of cadaverine, which were found by dogs on the seat of the bobcat and the bucket of it (iirc).

I just read about BAM and think it is still closer to conscious sedation. One can overdo it with butorphanol that causes central respiratory suppression, of course. Azaperone is like an antipsychotic; might probably have more cardiovascular/sedating effects than switching off the respiration. Now, the third component, medetomodine, I know less about but I think it works on alpha-2 receptors (hypotension, sedation, something between Clonidine and yohimbine?). What this combination doesn’t have is a true myorelaxant, like vencuronium, something causing block at the neuromuscular junction. That one needs ventilation, but that’s for operating rooms.

I think that BM is obsessive and rigid, but not stupid and he probably didn’t overdo it before transporting Suzanne. He sedated her to the extreme. He is not a risk-taker. The dogs might have responded to cadaverine, but there were always some dead animals around him, so maybe that? I think it was easy to give a second, larger dose at the grave, or maybe he did choke her. While maybe a combination of a sedating drug/caffeine could keep her respiratory drive up, I am not sure he used it. Caffeine tablets are readily available.

This discussion of BAM really raises intent.

1. Did Barry INTEND to sedate or kill? With the initial injection.

2. Did it sedate or was that injection fatal? Maybe the dose would sedate a deer but it slowed Suzanne's respiration too far.

3. Did he intend to transport a sedated Suzanne to his burial site? Or did he sedate her only to expedite murder?

4. Did he administer multiple doses?

5. What time was Suzanne murdered?

6. Caffeine. Does that help us pinpoint TOD? I doubt it. She was IMO murdered well within 12 hours of her last sip.

7. Cadaverine. I think Barry (or a cooler) was the source of the cadaverine hits. He brought it back to PP with or on him. This is a clue to me. That Syzanne was dead for maybe as long as 10 hours when Barry had last contact. Which puts her TOD near 2 or 3 pm. And not 10 pm or midnight.

8. Had Barry been stopped by LE at 11 pm or at midnight, was he traveling with Suzanne riding shotgun, sedated, or was she already deceased, concealed?

9. The original charges make sense. "On or about"...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member