Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Puckett, who is now deceased, also was at DSI Saturday afternoon. Strange how then Barry asked MG to include him in the wall crew, although he had little dealings with him. Jeff was suspicious of it at the time. Yup, he actually was a meth head-which begs the question-why include him on a job to fix a wall that was already a problem?
He needed bodies.

And how rude really. JP was already contracted out on another job which Barry bought him away from.

Barry's better business practices leave much to be desired.

JMO

Last edited:
Hilt…. Thanks for the thoughts and additional input! I have still tried to find more details, color, an SDS but to no avail. Not trying to complicate this…. I promise….. anyway here goes:

So it seems BAM might be sold as a pre-blended mixture of the three chemicals? And all three are IIUC available individually? Controlled, scheduled drugs. Is it clear whether BM had the BAM mixture or acknowledged he had used BAM chemicals in the past? How did he word his statements? I can’t remember. Which did he describe he might have used, or tossed?

Searching for butorphanol / butorphanol tartrate had some links on the actions of the individual chemical. E.g. see the link below from VCA (Veterinary Centers of America) on its use in pets. Note that it could also be given by tablet orally. Or maybe even crushed into a suspension or food? (And that got me to wondering if maybe he also used other means in addition to the dart itself?) And there is that coffee cup and caffeine indications? Where the latter is from is still not clear IMO? I sure hope investigators have analyzed on that coffee cup for chemicals other than just caffeine!!! Maybe BM has some other ‘tells’ in his statements? Did he talk about a dinner those last days? Yet simplicity may still prevail in terms of what was done?

And this got me to hoping that the analysis and possible ratios of the chemicals in the femur might help answer which form of BAM might have been used? Or possibly even how it was administered? Time will tell.

Lastly IIRC some controlled drugs and medical devices typically have an Instruction for Use bulletin, brochure or disclosure. Some are for administering physicians and doctors and some for patients. Those documents may have some additional revelations. But that doesn’t help my quest, since I am neither. MOO

In earlier threads, we discussed the immobilization of deer specifically before learning the name (BAM) of the animal sedative in the AA. I found this to be a great resource on the alternatives and the Rx effects, and why BAM was the preferred agent for BM's use. It's not something he made up but an industry that has a market. Easy trophy.

ETA: More on stats

Last edited:
IMO, HW was invited because they needed someone to speak, and HW and her husband attended the same church. I think SM would have preferred SO eulogize her but I don't think she was invited. JMO

From the AA, pgs 57-59/129:

View attachment 501837
View attachment 501838
View attachment 501840
Ahh--- thanks for sharing this.

so about 1/4 way down, 11/05/20 BM states that BM remarked to Holly that the FBI was telling him that she left on her own.
They ( FBI) were trying to tell me (BM) that she left.....
To which he said "She would NOT leave, she would not do that."

Fast forward to IE and company saying "
Late Monday afternoon, during cross-examination from Morphew’s lawyer, Harris said Suzanne and Libler had talked about marrying each other one day and moving to Ecuador, hoping for a simpler and less expensive life.
at which point Morphew’s lawyer seemed to suggest that Suzanne might, in fact, be in Ecuador right now.

Just throwing that out here since there are so many inconsistencies with BM saying one thing (which we take with a grain of salt) but then later, IE tries to say, that is what could have happened.

UGH
And then this part as I am re-reading it tonight..
Just pis$e$ me off--
Really, she did absolutely NOTHING. For 21 years.
raising your girls, catering to your needs, surviving cancer twice. OMG

1715225872263.png

Jeff Puckett, who is now deceased, also was at DSI Saturday afternoon. Strange how then Barry asked MG to include him in the wall crew, although he had little dealings with him. Jeff was suspicious of it at the time. Yup, he actually was a meth head-which begs the question-why include him on a job to fix a wall that was already a problem?

Because as an ex-con and a man with dependence, he’d cost Barry less?

BM is not a team player by nature. He is not a fool at all; he made a lot of right decisions, for example, hiring Eytan/Nielsen team, but the main reason I find the case hard to crack is that he didn’t rely on other people and did everything alone. I doubt that the hunters liked him, either. As to BM himself, he obviously forgot that Joseph was a carpenter and this, “don’t judge”, too. I can’t imagine that he’d let ranchers or farm workers into his beautiful house.

Really solid points.

IE has been at this before. She knows he's lying. She has the discovery. She's listened to all 3 30 hours and she's likely done some math of her own. She may have erred, like many of us, in overestimating Barry's skillset, or assuming he'd capitalize on it. That Suzanne wasn't going to be findable.

But she also knew what the State didn't have. The missing vehicle. What he did or where he went for those missing hours. Her real energy however is spent saying 'don't listen to him. He's grieving or something. Listen to me. I'm truthy".

She's still trying to get out ahead of it in the court of popular opinion but failing spectacularly.

It's an irony that all this time many of us have been begging the mountains to give up its secrets and yet she was barried in the flattest of places. And there she may have remained if not for the natural activity of animals --

I do not think it was a happy day in the law office, first, when Suzanne's body was found and Where It Was Found and, second, even less happy when the autopsy came back.

State's theory isn't so "out there" suddenly and she's left grasping at coffee and bike clothes that don't look anything like bike clothes.

She must enjoy impossible challenges. And money. And notoriety.

JMO

Iris is smart, energetic, a leader. And, she already did the impossible: dragged this scum out of jail. Without Iris, he’d be you-know-where. It was a huge advertisement for her. I can’t judge her for trying more, because it looked like a perfect opportunity. MOO: the biggest mistake was setting the sum at 15 mln. Of course the amounts are negotiable, but no one would shell out a dollar for BM. For this joust, she chose the worst archetype. To win, the accused has to come across as “innocent/heroic”, and BM is “arrogant/sadistic.” Especially after BAM discovery. Now it becomes a challenge for everyone. IE can’t walk away, nor should the state pay. The whole country will be angry if they do. That chemo port, that BAM…

so about 1/4 way down, 11/05/20 BM states that BM remarked to Holly that the FBI was telling him that she left on her own.

Late Monday afternoon, during cross-examination from Morphew’s lawyer, Harris said Suzanne and Libler had talked about marrying each other one day and moving to Ecuador, hoping for a simpler and less expensive life.
at which point Morphew’s lawyer seemed to suggest that Suzanne might, in fact, be in Ecuador right now.

Just throwing that out here since there are so many inconsistencies with BM saying one thing (which we take with a grain of salt) but then later, IE tries to say, that is what could have happened.

UGH
Just pis$e$ me off--

View attachment 502407
Barry was also the one telling the FBI that she took off, and they confronted him by saying that they knew she did not leave voluntarily. He responded to this with something to the effect of "and I never thought that." lol.

Hilt…. Thanks for the thoughts and additional input! I have still tried to find more details, color, an SDS but to no avail. Not trying to complicate this…. I promise….. anyway here goes:

So it seems BAM might be sold as a pre-blended mixture of the three chemicals? And all three are IIUC available individually? Controlled, scheduled drugs. Is it clear whether BM had the BAM mixture or acknowledged he had used BAM chemicals in the past? How did he word his statements? I can’t remember. Which did he describe he might have used, or tossed?

Searching for butorphanol / butorphanol tartrate had some links on the actions of the individual chemical. E.g. see the link below from VCA (Veterinary Centers of America) on its use in pets. Note that it could also be given by tablet orally. Or maybe even crushed into a suspension or food? (And that got me to wondering if maybe he also used other means in addition to the dart itself?) And there is that coffee cup and caffeine indications? Where the latter is from is still not clear IMO? I sure hope investigators have analyzed on that coffee cup for chemicals other than just caffeine!!! Maybe BM has some other ‘tells’ in his statements? Did he talk about a dinner those last days? Yet simplicity may still prevail in terms of what was done?

And this got me to hoping that the analysis and possible ratios of the chemicals in the femur might help answer which form of BAM might have been used? Or possibly even how it was administered? Time will tell.

Lastly IIRC some controlled drugs and medical devices typically have an Instruction for Use bulletin, brochure or disclosure. Some are for administering physicians and doctors and some for patients. Those documents may have some additional revelations. But that doesn’t help my quest, since I am neither. MOO

I think I remember his vet from Indiana was interviewed earlier on, I also THINK I remember that the prescription would have been out of date.
Anybody else have a memory about his vet in Ind interviewed or did I just imagine it?

I think Jeff died from meth but may not have been actively using aty the time.
He was very sharp, very tuned in and he did his best for Suzanne.

Barry accused MG of being a meth head and there is nothing to suggest she ever went near it..

She's the one I think of most often.
Her testimony will put him in chains.. I believe.

I hope she is okay , safe and that he has no access to her..

Probably not butorphanol in coffee. I googled - it has an extremely unpleasant taste. In general, probably few IM/IV substances can be mixed with coffee, because we caffeine addicts enjoy the taste and will immediately feel it. It really has to be tasteless and odorless. His phrase “I don’t know what she was putting in her body” is somewhat telling, though, but I think of her being sleepy and tired, and her port, not her cup of coffee. This being said, caffeine tablets are sold OTC and may be crushed.

UGH
Just pis$e$ me off--

View attachment 502407
bbm
"Idle hands are the devil's tools."
He has to know it, he is the DEVIL himself. MOO
My contempt for him increases day by day. Poor three girls, who were/still are his family.

I wonder if Barry is beginning to think that disappearing Suzanne wasn't worth it (is that the same as "the game wasn't worth the candle"?)

Barry, while being academically smart, as I suspect, obsesses and can’t let things go. With all his not clean job, hunting, cadavers, he has a strange form of OCD, feeling that women around him have to be clean. His boasting about daughter’s virginity, him complaining of Suzanne putting something in her body, all looks from the same domain to me.

At this he, like a good Christian man, was you know, the “provider” and Suzanne “never worked a day in her life”.

So he puts the princess in an Ivory tower, wins her, and then destroys own fairy tale. Idealization-devaluation, cluster B personality disorder, I suspect of a mixed type, with some C (obsessive) traits.

But what he couldn’t ever let go, because it is hard for him, to let go, was Suzanne’s school hookup with Liebler. So there is obvious irrationality of his act, to kill her and then spend all joint $$$$$ on a lawyer. That is where he still had connection to the reality. Maybe it will not be worth killing Suzanne for money (bad for business, too). But Liebler (and I suspect, BM knew of him, simply if Suzanne shared the information with the people around her, it was bound to become a poorly-kept secret), Liebler he could not forgive. So eventually, I think he snapped, although he planned it for a while.

Last edited:
bbm
"Idle hands are the devil's tools."
He has to know it, he is the DEVIL himself. MOO
My contempt for him increases day by day. Poor three girls, who were/still are his family.

Don’t you think of Stockholm syndrome? Identifying with the abuser, this might be the only way to survive. There may come a moment when they’ll need all the support they can.

So you think she didn't post this picture? Just trying to catch your drift here
I'm not asked, but want to say: May very well have been an alibi photo, taken by the doppelganger, sending evidence for parents, who are not in some violent fight possibly, but are out and buying Pizza (most harmless activity). BM had to keep in touch with his girls and keep them safe, until they were faced with the fait accompli on Mother's Day. MOO

Barry, while being academically smart, as I suspect, obsesses and can’t let things go. With all his not clean job, hunting, cadavers, he has a strange form of OCD, feeling that women around him have to be clean. His boasting about daughter’s virginity, him complaining of Suzanne putting something in her body, all looks from the same domain to me.

At this he, like a good Christian man, was you know, the “provider” and Suzanne “never worked a day in her life”.

So he puts the princess in an Ivory tower, wins her, and then destroys own fairy tale. Idealization-devaluation, cluster B personality disorder, I suspect of a mixed type, with some C (obsessive) traits.

But what he couldn’t ever let go, because it is hard for him, to let go, was Suzanne’s school hookup with Liebler. So there is obvious irrationality of his act, to kill her and then spend all joint $$$$$ on a lawyer. That is where he still had connection to the reality. Maybe it will not be worth killing Suzanne for money (bad for business, too). But Liebler (and I suspect, BM knew of him, simply if Suzanne shared the information with the people around her, it was bound to become a poorly-kept secret), Liebler he could not forgive. So eventually, I think he snapped, although he planned it for a while.
I’m actually surprised he did not try to kill Liebler.

I'm not asked, but want to say: May very well have been an alibi photo, taken by the doppelganger, sending evidence for parents, who are not in some violent fight possibly, but are out and buying Pizza (most harmless activity). BM had to keep in touch with his girls and keep them safe, until they were faced with the fait accompli on Mother's Day. MOO
Interesting.

LE will know. Because that photo should be in the cloud if nowhere else and LE has whatever phone data was recoverable from Suzanne's cellphone provider to see if she did make those stops with Barry. If she did, IMO she was probably wearing that white string outfit. No way she sat in that claptrap truck of his. I'm actually having trouble imagining Suzanne driving with Barry in any vehicle after his stunt pretending he was going to jump out or his violence in slamming on brakes.

I can't recall after all this time if LE verified her attendance. Seems like they knew she went to the construction site and restaurant, the only confusion was over where any pizza was eaten as I recall.

But the point you raise about a doppelganger gave me pause.

It was a pandemic. A couple months in. Suzanne was in treatment for cancer during that time. Presumably she was being extremely careful. Trying to maintain a bubble.

How much advantage did Barry take?

A baseball cap and a face mask, Barry could pass just about anybody off as Suzanne. Whether at a nearby dumpster or an anyler-y hotel. The impression is that they were living very parallel lives in the months leading up to that fatal convergence.

Suzanne's story should have been one of survival against the odds. Toxic cancer, toxic marriage --

I don't care about his story.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members