Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe women shouldn't have the divorce talk alone with abusive men. Not blaming her, at all. It's not her fault. In general, maybe it's not safe to be anyone alone to have a divorce talk. Just a pattern I'm noticing in these cases.
So depressing. It's extremely dangerous to break up with abusive guys.
What is the safest way to have "The Talk" though? Pack and leave, send a certified letter? with no return address?

RBBM

One woman we knew moved out while her husband was at church. Not a word to him from her; he had no clue.

It happens.

JMVHO.

I am still digging for my saved photo of the "pizza" night but did find this saved in my notes and I think this is why I was confused.

SM messaged JL she was home alone while BM getting Pizza
THEN
SM sent photo of BM outside Moonlight Pizza.

I am still working on finding the photo.View attachment 502801
It may have been in Lauren's recap or by an edited tweet but I think the effect was that the BM #hastag was misplaced -- adding confusion. IMO, I do think SM came home with the pizza, and BM did remain in Salida a bit longer (working at the beach site). It doesn't follow that SM would be sending her daughters BM's photo from outside Moonlight Pizza if she was alone in Maysville. JMO

It may have been in Lauren's recap or by an edited tweet but I think the effect was that the BM #hastag was misplaced -- adding confusion. IMO, I do think SM came home with the pizza, and BM did remain in Salida a bit longer (working at the beach site). It doesn't follow that SM would be sending her daughters BM's photo from outside Moonlight Pizza if she was alone in Maysville. JMO
OK, I believe this was the edited tweet by LS :
Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
ON May 8, #SuzanneMorphew sent a picture of #Barrymorphew standing outside Moonlight Pizza waiting for pizza to the girls. The girls are in Utah on a roadtrip

"For Sure" & Forever?
... And to paraphrase from that reporter’s quote: To ensure that charges will ultimately be filed ‘for sure’. And that just perhaps a conviction will be sought and obtained for certain....
@I am not Sherlock H. Thx for your "for sure" post.

"Oh, Barry,"
It may take time but it's not "too soon."

Many here think about BM being relocated to his new "Forever Home" w'in CO. Dept of Corrections. :)

Maybe women shouldn't have the divorce talk alone with abusive men. Not blaming her, at all. It's not her fault. In general, maybe it's not safe to be anyone alone to have a divorce talk. Just a pattern I'm noticing in these cases.
What is the safest way to have "The Talk" though? Pack and leave, send a certified letter? with no return address?

Since BM identifies as "Christian" and "husband", I'm guessing he went all, "Oh no, it's until death do us part" when Suzanne brought up divorce. Only he decided to cause her (early) death to fit his schedule.

MOO.

I hope he rots. He deserves nothing less.

"For Sure" & Forever?

@I am not Sherlock H. Thx for your "for sure" post.

"Oh, Barry,"
It may take time but it's not "too soon."

Many here think about BM being relocated to his new "Forever Home" w'in CO. Dept of Corrections. :)

RBBM

Definitely at the top of my current wish list.

JMVHO.

Yes, I saw the photo too which I have no doubt likely attributed to a leak by crafty IE. Of course, putting that photo out was to benefit the the defense's story about a fairytale relationship, and daughters traveling on a church retreat! However, the defense made certain not to allow use of the image, if by an investigator (who first interviewed the daughters).

This is just one more underhand by the defense as explained by the prosecution during discovery hearings. You might recall the defense arguing for all notes, texts, electronic transmissions, etc. by investigators where Judge Murphy agreed with the prosecution that this was too broad, and how "all information by LE" may also include evidence that was not discoverable to the defense because they did not have a warrant for it.

But it didn't stop IE from using this Motion again before Judge Lama (leaving out the 'too broad' statement by Murphy), and who sided with the defense, and ruled this was another discovery violation! MOO

Perhaps. I think the assumption is also being made that all three drugs were in her system from one solution...something we don't know but is a pretty good assumption. If the caffeine claim is true that is also an oddity. I would think with her recent cancer treatments the tox screen is highly important to both sides. The 3 drugs is huge absolutely but prosecution can't go after a second attempt without being very buttoned up so I'm assuming they are thinking about all the things we are thinking about. The DNA possibly retrieved from the clothing and objects at the burial site will probably be important also. Prosecution is closer to the case now than 4 years ago, but I don't think they are quite there yet or they are and are keeping it very close to chest.
BBM
As it should be !!!
Prosecution should keep things close to the vest and will need time to get their ducks in a row.

Bye-Bye Barry !!!
Apparently, you CANNOT bury a body where it would never be found.

#JusticeforSuzanne MAY 10th !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when do you think Barry decided to kill her?

I think it's possible he's always had ideas about how he would do it if it ever came to that. I don't think he just decided in the exact moment he was chasing her with the BAM that this is how he would do it. I think he had at least considered this is what he would do if she ever left.

I think a specific plan with date/time or at least his plan to do it before he left for Broomfield formed possibly on the 8th. I think the higher than normal cell locations for Friday night was noted as being unlike his past behavior the rest of that week. Then also Saturday night busy busy.. BUT I think he started to really consider that this is what he had to do on Friday.

I think it's possible his wanna hike text was real and he was considering taking her hiking and then he would use the BAM and make her fall or something.. could claim it was an accident. There was a case I recently listened to a podcast about where a man did just that. Took his wife on a weekend get away and they were hiking and she "fell".. only she didn't. Wonder if Barry ever listened to something about that case. I just looked it up it was Harold Henthorn from INDIANA (big surprise) in 2012.

Wonder if they have his search history other than cute girls in Salida.. Did he google any trails in the months/weeks leading up to May 2020? Maybe he couldn't find a good spot that he thought she'd be willing to hike to in order to make a fall happen. Plan B was that she disappears on a bike ride?
First of all, Kudos to you for all of your document dive searching here and Delphi case.. You are rocking it !!!

BBM
answering your first question...
Fantasy Barry- When they moved to Colorado

Set in motion Barry- May 6th-- Suzannes text to him
I'm done--- put him into action.

Yes. He wanted to sell the chipmunk story, and he hoped the gun would do that. That’s also why he threw in the bizarre and childish “I’ve shot 85 chimpbinks,” or whatever the hell he claimed.
84, it I am not mistaken, but after one shoots chipmunks, I expect people to clear their yard of an ugly mess. Why did Barry’s unusual cellular activity stopped with “having shot them”?

BBM
That would be the best advise I could give someone leaving an abusive relationship.
Do NOT say a word, make your plans and leave while they are gone.

Then have a great support group at your new place, knowing that as soon as they get home, they will "hunt" you down.

JMO -from experience

Public invited to an event Saturday to honor the life of Suzanne Morphew, Colorado mom who went missing on Mother’s Day years ago.
No arrests have been made in the case with a public event planned for May 11.

An event is scheduled to be held on Saturday to honor the life and memory of Suzanne Morphew.

The event, created by friend Tisha Leewaye, is on Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Poncha Town Hall in Poncha Springs, 330 Burnett Avenue.

“So in the beginning, we always use the same, shine bright for Suzanne, because the people who didn’t know her very well always said that she was very bright and cheerful and happy and so we use that in the beginning,”Leewaye said of Suzanne. “It’s going to be a gathering for anybody who wants to come. We are going to do a luncheon, just a gathering.”

“We did get permission to go ahead and plant a tree where she was found. We will be doing that on that Saturday.”

As of Friday morning, no arrests have been made in the case.

“I am just wanting to make sure that people are reminded of her every day. We need justice,” Leewaye added.

#Justice For Suzanne

Last edited:
84, it I am not mistaken, but after one shoots chipmunks, I expect people to clear their yard of an ugly mess. Why did Barry’s unusual cellular activity stopped with “having shot them”?

From the preliminary hearing, I recall the most important part about the chipmunk story for the defense was emphasizing that BM did not shoot 85 chipmunks in one day! I think BM could have confessed to murder as long as IE did not have to defend the story where BM killed 85 chipmunks every Saturday!

Also, BM didn't seem too bothered about the clean up -- he told SA Grusing the crows took care of it.

From the AA, page 98:

1715412963597.png

The event, created by friend Tisha Leewaye, is on Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Poncha Town Hall in Poncha Springs, 330 Burnett Avenue.

“So in the beginning, we always use the same, shine bright for Suzanne, because the people who didn’t know her very well always said that she was very bright and cheerful and happy and so we use that in the beginning,”Leewaye said of Suzanne. “It’s going to be a gathering for anybody who wants to come. We are going to do a luncheon, just a gathering. We did get permission to go ahead and plant a tree where she was found. We will be doing that on that Saturday.”

Public invited to an event Saturday to honor the life of Suzanne Morphew, Colorado mom who went missing on Mother’s Day years ago.
No arrests have been made in the case with a public event planned for May 11.

An event is scheduled to be held on Saturday to honor the life and memory of Suzanne Morphew.

“So in the beginning, we always use the same, shine bright for Suzanne, because the people who didn’t know her very well always said that she was very bright and cheerful and happy and so we use that in the beginning,”Leewaye said of Suzanne. “It’s going to be a gathering for anybody who wants to come. We are going to do a luncheon, just a gathering.”

“We did get permission to go ahead and plant a tree where she was found. We will be doing that on that Saturday.”

As of Friday morning, no arrests have been made in the case.

“I am just wanting to make sure that people are reminded of her every day. We need justice,” Leewaye added.

#Justice For Suzanne
What a lovely message.

Yes.

The most dangerous time for a woman living with abuse is the ending of the relationship, a well documented fact and I have personal experience of it, leaving without clothes money or a plan.. just driving..
It's nothing short of a miracle that anybody escapes. looking back I put it down to the grace of God.. It took me such a long long time to do it, in the end it was just an impulse.
The best advice I ever got afterwards was 3 words.
'Don't look back'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member