Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

Do we even know if BM is still in the US? Iirc he moved back to Indiana and then was seen in a (motor home?) in Arizona more recently. That's getting closer to the Mexico boarder that iirc he has some familiarity with.

I wonder what his daughters thought of their dad getting involved with another woman so shortly after their mom had disappeared and not yet been found. It always struck me as he was insensitive to them. Well, murdering their mother is pretty outrageously insensitive to them too! It just goes on and on. I do believe that one day they'll see the light if they haven't already. They really can't accuse him right now because well, he's a free man and in their life. So, imo if they have suspicions they might not feel safe airing them. But I do think the day will come where they will back their mom.
moo
He was not a free man during the period of time that he was in jail awaiting trial and the daughters were still fully supportive of him. Maybe the new evidence will change their viewpoint but I think they are/were heavily indoctrinated by Barry.

I wonder what his daughters thought of their dad getting involved with another woman so shortly after their mom had disappeared and not yet been found. It always struck me as he was insensitive to them. Well, murdering their mother is pretty outrageously insensitive to them too! It just goes on and on. I do believe that one day they'll see the light if they haven't already. They really can't accuse him right now because well, he's a free man and in their life. So, imo if they have suspicions they might not feel safe airing them. But I do think the day will come where they will back their mom.
moo
At their ages, I think BM taking up with another woman was a welcomed relief because they did not have to "take care of Dad." BM doing his own thing with SD allowed them to do the same with their own group. I do hope that as they have more life experience and mature, they will see the light, wonder how BM could move on so quickly, and begin to take up for their mom. However, IMO, today, they're nowhere close to that place.

Excellent and agree with calling her bluff -- would be great to hear one of the local media folks straight-up ask IE how her client's investigation of BAM scrips among the ranchers and illegal hunters of CO is going.

She would, of course, reply that this pointless exercise is really the job of LE -- who would have arrested "the REAL killer" were they not blinded by their insistence on framing poor Barry.

Anytime I hear a POI or their attorney bleat about "the REAL killer," I suspect I am looking at the REAL killer. This case is no different.
OJ comes to mind.

moo
This is so like the Daybells!

Last edited:
Is Barry wearing a balaclava in this Feb 12, 2021 hotel photo from the AA?

Apropos "balaclava":
Found near Suzanne's remains was a light colored, patterned balaclava, afaik. It was speculated here on WS, this utensil could have been for biking or for protection against Covid. Under the known circumstances, SM needed neither one nor the other on her last day. Rather BM could have used a balaclava for nefarious reasons. Maybe on his way to Moffat or elsewhere on his trips. IMO

Years ago, when in the Delphi case the question arose Is the BG wearing a balaclava perhaps?, I found light colored balaclavas with graphic pattern, extra created for anti-face recognition. I don't know, but I can imagine, a balaclava like that was found at Moffat. Or a balaclava, made for hunters, which would also be suitable for BM (although stupid to leave it there).

He was not a free man during the period of time that he was in jail awaiting trial and the daughters were still fully supportive of him. Maybe the new evidence will change their viewpoint but I think they are/were heavily indoctrinated by Barry.
Oh I think they were and are heavily indoctrinated by BM too1 And I also think their mother had a very strong influence on them and they all knew BM and his self righteous and self centered ways, along with his temper. Until he is convicted and sentenced I think the daughters won't be anything but seemingly supportive of BM. Once that happens they might come out of their shells. moo

Hounded and bereft Barry, who could deny him a dumpster buddy prayer pal at such a time? Acute circumstances call for all-night companionship...

I have full (angry) confidence that no one leaves Barry and, just as much, no one (close to Barry) questions Barry. They know better.

JMO

Agree.

Also suspect that they were thrown for a loop by the JL revelations, which BM would have been quick to make emotional capital out of. Contrasting SM's affair -- where BM is the outraged, broken victim -- with his own allegedly nurturing, prayerful and (we were told) entirely platonic relationship with SD might have helped keep his daughters onside.

In this fantasy, BM is a loving widower betrayed by his "missing" wife and powerful, ungodly forces out to ruin his life and reputation and if romance should bloom at the town dumpsite and help poor BM through these difficult days -- then bring it on.

Will these narratives and his daughters' faith survive a BM murder conviction? Not sure. I guess that's where the helpful local farmers and ranchers bearing syringes of BAM and with access to the Morphew rez and household diary come in.

The IE Defence Team: Where Misdirection Begins -- And Never Ends.

Do we even know if BM is still in the US? Iirc he moved back to Indiana and then was seen in a (motor home?) in Arizona more recently. That's getting closer to the Mexico boarder that iirc he has some familiarity with.

I am not aware that BM was actually seen in AZ, in a motor home or otherwise.

He’s on AZ tax rolls for paying a minimal amount for personal property taxes, giving an address in AZ that is a trailer/rv park.

Knowing BM, he’s up to something shady with the AZ thing, as he doesn’t do things on the up-and-up.

IMO

Not to mention, in denial. I feel bad for them because they lost their mother and they certainly don’t want to lose their Dad too. It’s probably a natural reaction for children who lose a parent, as they cannot imagine losing another one. IMO

Not to mention, in denial. I feel bad for them because they lost their mother and they certainly don’t want to lose their Dad too. It’s probably a natural reaction for children who lose a parent, as they cannot imagine losing another one. IMO
I'm sure you're correct on that. The dependency alone at their young ages when this happened would be a factor. But I still think they have their doubts. We know it was a troubled marriage and the girls lived it. We know BM was controlling and the girls lived it. I'm not saying they don't love their dad and hope like heck he had nothing to do with her murder but they must at least secretly (imo) wonder.
moo

I'm sure you're correct on that. The dependency alone at their young ages when this happened would be a factor. But I still think they have their doubts. We know it was a troubled marriage and the girls lived it. We know BM was controlling and the girls lived it. I'm not saying they don't love their dad and hope like heck he had nothing to do with her murder but they must at least secretly (imo) wonder.
moo
That’s true too, they did witness his behavior and must have seen and heard their parents arguing etc. It’s sad, they’ve got to be scared and desperate but have to play along supporting their Dad. I hope they have some decent relatives to talk to.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution, and I don't see the State falling for this (media, soundbite) trap by IE for a couple of reasons:

First, I doubt a subpoena to every Veterinarian for their Rx dispensary records for controlled/Schedule II meds such as BAM enforceable, and probably a violation of patients privacy. It certainly would be for human patients, and I believe an animal Rx follows the human and not the animal.

Second, BM is a good example of a party in possession of BAM who would not appear on any dispensary list from a Colorado Vet since he states he obtained his BAM sedation serum in the state of Indiana. Same could be true for his neighbors so what would this crazy exercise suggested by IE prove?

Sorry, I just find IE's entire statement here ludicrous...

Also, think how difficult it is for investigators to obtain a "Geo-Fence Warrant" where many already believe reverse search warrants are unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which protects people from unreasonable searches and seizures, and requires any search warrants be specific to what and to whom they apply.

Nope. The last thing the prosecution needs is to be sued by the County ranchers for constitutional violations!

I say call her bluff. Why not let IE go there-- i.e., violate the rights of the local ranchers! We know she's good at suing others for violations of her clients civil rights.

MOO

I just posted in a neighbor thread - at least, to IE's credit, she is doing it in court and through public statements, not feeding gossips to bloggers like TD. Good lawyers are aggressive by definition, but there are still some boundaries.

Speaking of Indiana. I think BAM is produced by different companies. Could the Indiana supplier be different from CO one? There may be some differences between them, as there are between human generics.

Always checking here to see "Arrest Made". BM is so screwed now that Suzanne's remains have been found, not even IE is going to be able to pull him out of this one.

I really wonder if she'll represent him again and if it will be because of the fame and attention (also the $$$ if BM has any left) or will she realize it's a no win situation and pass?

JMO

A man without such a high opinion of himself would have already have left the country.
In most cases I'd agree, but BM is so delusional IMO that he truly believes he can convince people, especially 12 jurors of his innocence. He is after all, according to him, such a good and Godly man. Ppppft. :mad:

JMO

Always checking here to see "Arrest Made". BM is so screwed now that Suzanne's remains have been found, not even IE is going to be able to pull him out of this one.

I really wonder if she'll represent him again and if it will be because of the fame and attention (also the $$$ if BM has any left) or will she realize it's a no win situation and pass?

JMO
IMO ~ if he has no funds left... he will need a public defender

JMO

I think Miss Iris will extricate herself from any further defense of BM. Not her case style (too much good evidence and a new savvy prosecutor), and he’s going away this time around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back