Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe, it isn't a real diamond.
Because he's cheap?
Many years ago, a military guy who served with my ex-husband, gave his wife a fake engagement ring. I think that she discovered it when she took the ring in to be cleaned. She promptly insisted he replace the ring with a real one! ;)

Surely, Suzanne would have taken her ring to a jewelry store at some point to be cleaned. She would have been told at that time. That being said, it would not surprise me in the least, if it were fake.

If fake, Barry would have no problem having it disappear with Suzanne and even claiming it on insurance as a loss.

JMO.

Can you post the picture? I would like to see it. Thank you.
I took a screenshot from Chris’ YouTube Live from last night. It’s a little fuzzy, but you get the idea. It does look like the Beverly Hillbillys. Lol I also included a pic of the inside of Barry’s Truck full of antlers to sell :)

Attachments

• 0D2E4E67-81BB-439B-812A-A53107400469.jpeg
    0D2E4E67-81BB-439B-812A-A53107400469.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 985F37ED-D125-419F-B679-319AC0E16176.jpeg
    985F37ED-D125-419F-B679-319AC0E16176.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 236
Someone asked what documents BM asked SM’s father, GM to sign. It was for the sale of their house in Indiana that was due to close in early June and BM needed temporary guardianship (saying SM was incapacitated and unable to sign). GM refused and the eldest daughter signed. BM filed for it on June 1, 2020.

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

At 4:00

BM called GM approximately 2 weeks after SM’s gone missing and talked of her in past tense.

Mortgage? Tax Returns?
@Hatch bbm sbm Ability to keep mortgage payments current? Over the past year many here posted - at time of PP purchase, no mortgage on it was recorded in publicly viewable Chaffee County records. If true, BM/they had no mortgage payments* to make but like you mentioned, may have been short on moolah. Even if BM/they bought their vehicles w cash, they still had many other expenses.

And yes, their income tax returns may be revealing. Reporting high or low income from landscaping business? Interest or dividend income? Substantial capital gains or losses?

* Conceivably there may have been a loan made later w PP property securing it but not publicly recorded. If so, (imo likely) not a typical loan (like a HELoC) by a financial institution but a "friends or family" type loan w agreement not to record.
Thx for the refresher, I do recall now there was no mortgage. Curious if they were leaving Indiana because of financial problems, then where did the funds come from to purchase Puma Pass mortgage free? I do recall speculation being they used Suzanne inheritance from her Mother however that would only cover less than half the purchase price. Did Barry borrow money on a short term from a individual or a high interest lending Co.? Lots of questions we hope will be answered in the near future.

I wonder how Barry enjoyed his first weekend in jail? :) He’s probably used to roughing it it outdoors on the ground so maybe the thin mattress in jails aren't too hard for him :rolleyes: I’m curious if the girls are doing video visits from home (fee) or video at the jail (free) only video visits are allowed. BM must be busy reading the arrest affidavit they have on him. Defense has to provide him with it. I hope that’s released on may 13.

My thinking was the Broomfield trip seemed thrown together. Did he originally attempt to tell Suzanne that he was to be at FF training, and asked someone to back him up? When that fell apart, things went very badly, he then needed an alibi for murder.

I think you're right. He had originally told Suzanne and the girls that he was going to be away for a FF training (possibly to spend time with a mistress or perhaps to cover up what he was planning for Suzanne).

But as things unfolded, he realized that wasn't going to work. It's possible that BM had planned to disappear Suzanne on more than one occasion, but never felt sufficiently triggered/ready to do it. Once he had actually done it, he needed a real alibi. Which he concocted hastily.

Does anyone remember the part of the timeline where JP and MG are called into action? Isn't it Saturday afternoon? Or is MG asked to go to Broomfield on Saturday morning?

technically speaking, if you have H2SO4, you don’t need chlorine at all.

I googled aqua Regia, one can make it at home by mixing either hydrochloric acid and nitric acid, or hydrochloric acid and some nitrous salts. It is pretty strong, but I don’t think he needs to go that far. Perhaps he tried to use something to get rid of the body, but it didn’t work?

Another version - if Suzanne was meant to “disappear” with her jewelry, one would use aqua Regia that dissolves gold and platinum. This could explain chlorine smell, and it would be the gas from HCL.

Maybe it is all what he did in the house, dissolved the jewelry? Took her body somewhere else, lots of places in CO, but jewelry he can not afford to be found…

Well, he did go to Mexico, where they have ample numbers of pawn shops that pay comparatively well (similar to US border town or Las Vegas pawn shop prices - better than in my home town).

Maybe her jewelry helped fund that trip.

Is there any actual mention anywhere of BM having anything other than chlorine?

I guess where the disconnect for me is, Barry obviously knew that other people knew he was in Broomfield on a landscaping job, since he's the one that set that whole thing up.

So if he knew that other people knew exactly where he was and what he was supposed to have been doing why would he lie and tell anyone he was somewhere else doing something else (Denver for FF training)? I mean, we know Barry's a liar but this would be a completely pointless lie that would be exposed immediately, by MG, JP, CC, the hotel clerk, surveillance cams on site, etc.

It doesn't add up that the FF training info came from Barry. If you're a lying liar who lies and sets up an alibi to be in Broomfield landscaping, why undo your own alibi/lie and tell someone else you're somewhere else, doing something else? Unless, he's such a terrible liar that he can't even remember what/when he lied about things.

I remember all of this as well, and I found an old post by @Seattle1, thread 8, post #141.

"May 21, Crimeonline reached Fire Chief Bob Bertram to confirm whether BM was attending firefighter training on Mother's Day -- this news was a first for him:

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10."

At about 37 minutes in. The whole video is worthwhile, imo.

Yes, this was indeed a great video with lots of good, interesting information. That trailer of Barry’s full of packed boxes etc., looks like it was packed haphazardly by someone scatterbrained and disorganized wanting to get outta dodge in a hurry. The Beverly Hillbillies analogy is definitely fitting.
At any rate, kudos to Chris for fulfilling the promise he made to Gene Moorman that he’d never give up on Suzanne. He is keeping Suzanne’s name in the spotlight, digging into everything, determined to see Suzanne receive her due justice. I finally caught on that he can be cryptic and facetious at times, and think he definitely has some inside info and been careful about what he shares to not interfere with the integrity of the investigation.
I like Mike King too and enjoyed when Chris was Mike’s recurring guest on PE until he branched out on his own. It was always interesting watching the dynamic between the 2 on PE. They obviously have 2 very different styles, and I think of them kinda like the brains (Mike) polished, pensive, calm, cool, collected, and the the brawn (Chris), excited kid on Christmas morning, chomping at the bit, fierce interrogator, potential loose cannon lol, that might need to be “reeled in” every so often.
I think Chris definitely has to work a little harder than Mike to keep himself “in check”, if that makes sense. Not to say I don’t think Chris is smart, he obviously is very intelligent to get to where he is today. It’s just a way in my mind I compare the 2 gentleman. They are both esteemed former LE with impressive credentials, track records. Persistent, tenacious, dogged and determined to get justice for victims. I have the utmost respect for both of them for their passion, steadfastness, resolve. Chris is traveling now and literally boots on the ground, good for him.

I’ll admit it did take me a little while to warm up to Chris at first, and I can see why people get annoyed with him after calling out LE during Andy’s search which IMO emotions were running high and may have been some miscommunication and Chris jumped the gun calling out LE without knowing all the details/having them correct, and for hyping up his “interview” with Barry only for viewers to hear Barry hang up on him. Argggh. Personally, I’ve forgiven Chris and let it go as IMO, nobody’s perfect and he does more good than not. The video last night featuring his wife Karen as co-host was very informative. I had heard him mention his wife Karen in some of his other videos, but didn’t realize she’s a former crime reporter/journalist. They seem to be a good team and doing good work together pursuing justice for victims.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-words, punctuation

Last edited:
I think the idea is that maybe he originally told people he would be at firefighter training (and one of them perpetuated this story when Suzanne disappeared), and it was only at the last minute that he set up the Broomfield job nonsense when the firefighter training was cancelled.

I think he was all set to say he was at firefighter training when someone tipped him off and told him there wasn't any training. I think it was due to the pandemic? That's when he came up with his half-baked-repair-the-wall scheme in which he didn't have permits, supplies or tools. He was desperate because he needed to be far away from home when Suzanne went missing. JMO

Yes, this was a great video. I give kudos to Chris for fulfilling the promise he made to Gene Moorman that he’d never give up on Suzanne. He is keeping Suzanne’s name in the spotlight, digging into everything, determined to see Suzanne receive her due justice. I finally caught on that he can be cryptic and facetious at times, and think he definitely has some inside info and been careful about what he shares to not interfere with the integrity of the investigation.
I like Mike King too and enjoyed when Chris was Mike’s recurring guest until he branched out on his own. It was always interesting watching the dynamic between the 2 on PE. They obviously have 2 very different styles, and I think of them kinda like the brains (Mike) polished, calm, cool, collected, and the the brawn (Chris), excited kid on Christmas morning, chomping at the bit, fierce interrogator, potential loose cannon lol. Not to say I don’t think Chris is smart, he obviously is. It’s just a way in my mind I compare the 2 gentleman. They are both esteemed former LE with impressive credentials, track records dogged and determined to get justice for victims. I have the utmost respect for both of them for their passion, steadfastness and determination, Chris is traveling now and boots on the ground, good for him.
I’ll admit it did take me a little while to warm up to Chris, and I can see why people get annoyed with him after calling out LE during Andy’s search which IMO emotions were running high and may have been some miscommunication and Chris jumped the gun calling out LE without knowing all the details/having them correct, and for hyping up his “interview” with Barry only for viewers to hear Barry hang up on him. Argggh. Personally, I’ve forgiven Chris and let it go as he does more good than not IMO. The video last night featuring his wife Karen as co-host was very informative. I had heard him mention his wife Karen in some of his other videos, but didn’t realize she’s a former crime reporter/journalist. They seem to be a good team and doing good work together pursuing justice for victims.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Great post thank you very much for sharing. I agree with everything you said.

Yes, this was a great video. I give kudos to Chris for fulfilling the promise he made to Gene Moorman that he’d never give up on Suzanne. He is keeping Suzanne’s name in the spotlight, digging into everything, determined to see Suzanne receive her due justice. I finally caught on that he can be cryptic and facetious at times, and think he definitely has some inside info and been careful about what he shares to not interfere with the integrity of the investigation.
I like Mike King too and enjoyed when Chris was Mike’s recurring guest until he branched out on his own. It was always interesting watching the dynamic between the 2 on PE. They obviously have 2 very different styles, and I think of them kinda like the brains (Mike) polished, calm, cool, collected, and the the brawn (Chris), excited kid on Christmas morning, chomping at the bit, fierce interrogator, potential loose cannon lol. Not to say I don’t think Chris is smart, he obviously is. It’s just a way in my mind I compare the 2 gentleman. They are both esteemed former LE with impressive credentials, track records dogged and determined to get justice for victims. I have the utmost respect for both of them for their passion, steadfastness and determination, Chris is traveling now and boots on the ground, good for him.
I’ll admit it did take me a little while to warm up to Chris, and I can see why people get annoyed with him after calling out LE during Andy’s search which IMO emotions were running high and may have been some miscommunication and Chris jumped the gun calling out LE without knowing all the details/having them correct, and for hyping up his “interview” with Barry only for viewers to hear Barry hang up on him. Argggh. Personally, I’ve forgiven Chris and let it go as he does more good than not IMO. The video last night featuring his wife Karen as co-host was very informative. I had heard him mention his wife Karen in some of his other videos, but didn’t realize she’s a former crime reporter/journalist. They seem to be a good team and doing good work together pursuing justice for victims.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Don’t see a date on this, but she wrote a tribute to CM which details his background.
He's my hero - Stand With Honor

I wonder how Barry enjoyed his first weekend in jail? :) He’s probably used to roughing it it outdoors on the ground so maybe the thin mattress in jails aren't too hard for him :rolleyes: I’m curious if the girls are doing video visits from home (fee) or video at the jail (free) only video visits are allowed. BM must be busy reading the arrest affidavit they have on him. Defense has to provide him with it. I hope that’s released on may 13.
bbm
Thanks for this info. !
I had no idea that Barry would already have access to it; per. the defense.
Wonder if he's seething ? :rolleyes:

Agreed about hoping it's released soon !
MOO

My Duh moment was cleared up regarding CC ! I have not followed that avenue in this case. Every time I see CC I automatically think of Clint Cline from the Frazee case.
Yes, I think C. Cline only observed one side of PF.
Pity.
Imo.

I think he was all set to say he was at firefighter training when someone tipped him off and told him there wasn't any training. I think it was due to the pandemic? That's when he came up with his half-baked-repair-the-wall scheme in which he didn't have permits, supplies or tools. He was desperate because he needed to be far away from home when Suzanne went missing. JMO
Ita.
It's looking more and more like Barry's an open book regardless of how cunning he thinks he is !
A boring read, too. :rolleyes:
MOO

bbm
Thanks for this info. !
I had no idea that Barry would already have access to it; per. the defense.
Wonder if he's seething ? :rolleyes:

Agreed about hoping it's released soon !
MOO
Yes his PD will give it to him to read so he and his lawyer can discuss it. Chris mentioned this as well. I hope he’s enjoying his NEW man cave. Lol

I remember all of this as well, and I found an old post by @Seattle1, thread 8, post #141.

"May 21, Crimeonline reached Fire Chief Bob Bertram to confirm whether BM was attending firefighter training on Mother's Day -- this news was a first for him:

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10."

I wouldn't be surprised to learn this came from BM's mom, or TN. I think it was an honest mistake, and was actually dropped real quick, at the beginning of this case because it wasn't factual reporting. I'm not really sure why it's come up again, and so adamantly as if BM himself is where it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa