Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The personal item found closer to the home could also be blood evidence. I was listening to a video, from shortly after that evidence was found, that said that the evidence was being tested. It made me think, too, that Suzanne may have fled - either injured or uninjured - and been murdered a small distance away from home.

Might tie in with him saying that a mountain lion could have attacked Suzanne, if he was concerned that there may be blood evidence that he missed.

Excellent points, covering a trail before an explanation is needed.

Yes, I read that he threatened a boy friend but not that he said he was going to bury him under a tree. Was it really a grown man or a kid? Even the oldest daughter must have been a teenager back then. Either way, he obviously didn't follow through. I think he had a very different motive for killing Suzanne.

I don't know why the PE guys think he buried her under a tree or anywhere near his property. There are so many remote locations he must know about. I don't think she will be found close to home. I think he got rid of the body on Sunday on his way to Denver. Imo
Chris gave very good reasoning behind his statements in the video. The first half of video is about SM. You might want to watch it to clear up some questions you have. It certainly cleared up some for me. Just MOO

Did anyone else pick up on what Chris said in his recent video about the black Range Rover ? He apparently sold this to someone in Indiana only 3 weeks after Suzanne disappeared. They surely went over his truck with a fine tooth - but I wonder about the other cars. Sounds a wee bit suspicious that he got rid of that Range Rover so quickly. JMO but is that the vehicle that he took her away in ? Did LE have a chance to sweep that car ? Or even look at it's GPS before he got rid of it ?

That question was asked last night to CM and his wife live he said because he was “CHEAP” I believe he never would have left Suzanne’s body with that big diamond wedding ring it’s worth too much money as he was all about money. The only thing he’s missing in jail right now is his Bobcat.
I disagree. I think he was a big money spender and that was why they were having financial problems. He took out loan last May and now that could have contributed to his not having the money to get an attorney,

Did anyone else pick up on what Chris said in his recent video about the black Range Rover ? He apparently sold this to someone in Indiana only 3 weeks after Suzanne disappeared. They surely went over his truck with a fine tooth - but I wonder about the other cars. Sounds a wee bit suspicious that he got rid of that Range Rover so quickly. JMO but is that the vehicle that he took her away in ? Did LE have a chance to sweep that car ? Or even look at it's GPS before he got rid of it ?

Based on the video, it sounded like LE may not have looked at the black RR

MOO

Chris did seem to infer that the person in Indiana who now owned the Range should get in touch with LE. I don’t know whether that was a typical Chris-ism or if there was more behind it.

Does anyone know if it was Barry that called Gene to tell him that Suzanne was missing? I think I remember that Gene called Andy on Mother’s Day to let him know. I am trying to figure out when Melinda knew, who called her, and how quickly she became part of the investigation.

*Please delete if not allowed but I think we can talk about Chris Youtube videos..

Did anyone catch CM Live video from last night? Around the 59:55 mark. CM states that he interviewed someone about 6 months ago. He dated one of Barry’s daughters back in IN and at some point Barry caught them together. Barry approach this man and threatened him. He said if he validated any rules of morality with his daughter he was going to “burry him underneath a tree”…. I heard that and instantly got chills! Didn’t a cadaver dog hit on a tree for Suzanne?

Here is the link
I just finished watching Chris’ live video from last night. Very interesting nuggets of information divulged. I caught the part about “bury under a tree”. We had a fairly lengthy discussion of the tree scenario on the previous thread. I think it’s definitely worth looking into. Chris has confirmed Barry DOES own an auger for planting trees. Pic as an example

Attachments

• 41856F1F-6C01-4D32-9A9E-447260C8B6B9.jpeg
    41856F1F-6C01-4D32-9A9E-447260C8B6B9.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 41
If they want to process the car they can trace it through DMV records and get a warrant. They could take it down to the frame if they were so inclined. I believe they did just that in the McStay case, looking for evidence that Chase Merritt had transported the family in his white utility truck after he killed them. The truck no longer belonged to him at that point.

JMO

It was Lauren Scharf that reported this. She spoke about it on a PE episode.

At 17:00 she says she has learned that the bike repair guy SAW SM and worked on her bike on Thursday May 7.
LS also says she would like to schedule an interview and speak MORE with him. IMO her saying speak more indicates she heard it straight from him and probably via phone call.
JMO

ETA: @Cindizzi was OP of summary and insightful perspective!
Lauren Scharf has been quite the hero of journalism on this case. I hope great things happen for her in her future. We need more honest, hardworking journalists.

Battery acid!
H₂SO₄ + chlorine
Sulfuric Acid & Chlorine Bleach Reaction
=The reaction of sulfuric acid and sodium hypochlorite doesn't stop with the production of sodium sulfate and hypochlorous acid. In water solutions, hypocholorite (HClO) and chlorine (Cl2) reach an equilibrium that is dependent on the pH of the solution. In an acidic solution, the equilibrium favors chlorine in the following fashion: Hypochlorous acid partially breaks down into the hypochlorite anion (OCl?) and hydrogen cation (H+). Hypochlorous acid is a strong oxidant, so the remaining hypochlorous acid in the solution oxidizes the hypochlorite anion producing the irritating and toxic chlorine gas (Cl2).

Chlorine gas also is used as a disinfectant, microbistat/microbicide and algicide in food processing systems, pulp and paper mill systems, and commercial and industrial water cooling systems. It is used in washing meat, fresh produce and seeds to control decay-causing microorganisms.

That ended up nowhere.
Barry would enjoy nothing more than the thoughts of a group of people attempting to second guess him...
Possibly the chlorine purchase was merely for gaslighting purposes,(pun unintended, just coincidental) he didn't need it for anything else...
Barry thought he was the ultimate hunter, now he's caught in someone else's trap.

Goodnight.. sorry for this mess of a post which went nowhere.
The fix was in.
We were hunting a hunter.
He knows everything about disposing of bodies.
What about wells on his property?
Chlorine is used to disinfect wells and it's possible to drink from them very soon afterwards.
I’m lost when it comes to chemicals. Excellent post!

Well, here's another way that investigators track what may have happened to a person. They contact Amazon and ask them to search for any recordings Alexa might have made. Maybe investigators can also do that with Google and Apple smart assistant devices.
I wonder if the Morphews had any home smart assistant devices.

This is from another case, where a husband murdered his wife ....

They also noticed two Alexa devices and contacted Amazon for any recordings on the morning Gretchen went missing.
Meanwhile, audio retrieved from Gretchen's Alexa devices revealed her cries for help.
Was COVID-19 the perfect cover for murder?
Wow, great info. Alexa could help solve murders. Who knew?

I disagree. I think he was a big money spender and that was why they were having financial problems. He took out loan last May and now that could have contributed to his not having the money to get an attorney,

I think he was a big money spender, but only as a facade. I think he would have gotten her a big old cheap ring, if it could pass as real. I think he had to have the newest and the best to show off to everyone, which is what I think helped him get into debt.

IMO

I’m lost when it comes to chemicals. Excellent post!
I'm not too hot meself and it's been years..
more like the stakes are so high now, especially after reading her brother David's message that I'd put in any amount of work in an effort to find her.. pre trial. Even if it goes to the wire... after trial has started.
Has anybody heard from her younger brother?

I have, respectfully, a few questions...

1.). Are we certain the pic of the "Beverly Hills" trailer is a true pic of the M's moving from IN to CO?
It reminds me of a pic I used (from online silly packing images) as a joke when a sent a pic of what it looks like when we go camping... (not true, by the way)...

2.) I thought I understood that there never WAS a FF Training as a training like that would not be scheduled on a Mother's Day...

3.). I really cannot see BM trying to dissolve/damage beyond repair any jewelry of SM's...
as he seems to like $$$$ so much...
I feel he would keep such items to sell...
perhaps in some out of state, personal, cash only transition?

All just some thoughts of mine...
On your question 1 - yes, that is a true pic of the trailer and Barry’s truck I recognize their Indiana home in the background, same style home and same brick as in pics Suzanne posted on her FB page of their home in Indiana. The bob cat on the trailer is almost a dead give away for it being Barry’s and Chris pointed out the Barry’s gun safe on the trailer. Most avid hunters do have gun safes. My hubby has 2 safes.
Your 2nd question- there was 100% no ff training scheduled that weekend 1) due to COVID
2) they are never scheduled on a holiday. Question 3 - I agree. Barry’s too much of a tight wad to destroy something he could turn into cash for personal gain. Great post.

Last edited:

I believe he has money hidden in his daughters name. Barry probably thinks he’s getting out and doesn’t want to waste his money on a trial attorney.

You should watch this video streamed yesterday. CM knows more about this case other then LE, he has many connections he’s a former homicide detective. Him and his wife a journalist went to Indiana and Salida interviewed many of Barry’s friends growing up and people that new him. They told a story of what he did to his pet raccoon which doesn’t surprise me. They know all about his finances. Now that he’s been arrested he posted never seen before video and photos. He drove past BM’s house the night before he was arrested. BM’s truck was towing another truck and a loaded up trailer parked in front, oddly all the windows were opened up they saw Barry looking out the windows surveying the front like he was paranoid appears he was getting ready to flee. He was arrested in the morning.

Yes. Experienced hunters should be able to field dress a deer in under 30 minutes. Something the size of an elk would take longer, because they are so much larger that they may need to be quartered to be packed out.

As far as the antlers that are cut off, any flesh or tissue that is left is scrubbed off, or left hanging outside for the bugs to clean it. I don’t know of anyone who has used anything stronger than peroxide unless they wanted to bleach out the antlers to make them look aged. I think they used bleach or something similar.

I have heard of other ways to rid flesh from bone from a friend who did a couple of tours (not 400), in the sand box. They went into a village with tanks full of battery acid. That’s all I’ll say about that.

MOO
i kinda wish you’d say more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members