Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I know more about that transaction, I'm going to be suspicious. It could have been purchased with some cash and then the new owner (someone Barry knows) taking back paper. Which is how I think he bought the house in the first place. JMO.
Snipped for focus...

What is "taking back paper"?

During an audio-recorded interview with the FBI and Morphew on April 22, they asked him why he submitted his missing wife’s Presidential election voter ballot. According to the arrest warrant, Morphew replied, “just because I wanted Trump to win.” Morphew added, “to give him (referring to President Trump) another vote, I figured all these other guys are cheating and I know she (referring to Suzanne Morphew) was going to vote for Trump anyway.” When the FBI told Morphew that what he did was illegal he responded, “I didn’t know you couldn’t do that for your spouse.”

Barry Morphew, the husband of a missing Chaffee County woman faces additional charges | FOX21 News Colorado

It’s not often I find myself laughing while reading threads, but I just hit the darn floor! :eek::oops:

I had been on the fence on Friday vs Saturday for a long time, @fcavanaugh, for some of the same reasons you cited above. In the last couple of months I fell onto the Friday night side. Like you, I like to read everyone’s ideas. It will be interesting to see where we were way off and where we came close. We also have to remember that we are at a big disadvantage here in that we are trying to put the puzzle together with a whole lot of pieces missing. We can defend ourselves later by saying, “Well if I knew that, I certainly wouldn’t have thought this.”
Anyhow, here is my theory: (It is MOO!)
I think SM may have had a normal texting conversation with her BFF in IN on Friday night and that conversation ended as it normally would. I think BM and SM did have a big fight Friday night after she stopped texting with her friend. It may have been because he found out she had been confiding in her sister or friends. Or she may have said she wanted out of the marriage. I think BM was seething. The more he thought about it, the madder he got. He went and got one of his guns or his crossbow and shot her, or perhaps SM went out to the hot tub to let him cool off and he came up behind her and strangled her. Either of these scenarios would give LE enough for the premeditation charge - he had to consciously go and get the weapon or sneak up behind her. It should be noted that a strangulation death may be considered to be premeditated at any time because you have to consciously keep applying the pressure when you know that by doing so the person will die. But I digress.
BM goes into panic mode when he realizes what he has done. He decides to go to the Salida job site and bury either SM or some evidence there. MG said he worked at the “beach area” at the job site Friday night. Why else would he be working there Friday night? I do not know when he asked MG to work on Saturday morning to “rake out and flatten” the beach area.
He was not himself Saturday morning according to MG. He was anxious and stressed. I think he was a basket case at this point trying to figure out what to do. He cut the workday short and told MG he had to go home to make his wife happy and take her hiking or biking. I think this is where there are 2 plausible explanations for whether SM died Friday night or Saturday. I just gave my reasoning for a Friday night death. If she was killed on Saturday, I believe it was when he went home at about 11:00/11:30 and the argument continued.
My theory is he told MG about going home to make SM happy to imply that she was very much alive and well. I think he mentioned the hiking or biking because in his mind he was trying to make up a scenario and develop an alibi.
There was an unconfirmed report that BM was seen in town having lunch with SM on Saturday afternoon. This does not seem likely as nothing was open for dining in because of COVID-19. JP did not mention that SM was with BM when they met in Salida on Saturday afternoon and BM asked if he’d be interested in working on the Broomfield job. MG said that friends told her he was shopping all around Salida Saturday afternoon by himself.
I think that BM was shopping by himself. He picked up supplies to clean up evidence and to dispose of his wife. I believe she was at Puma Path dead in the garage, possibly in a cooler. Puma Path is not the type of location where people would be dropping in all the time, but I’m sure this lead to his nerves being frazzled while he was at the job.
I do think he tried to impersonate SM by texting with her BFF probably in reply to a text. Whatever he wrote might have seemed “off” to her friend. If she questioned him, that may have been when the texts stopped.
He spent Saturday evening and the wee hours of Sunday morning disposing of the body and cleaning up. When he felt everything was in place, he texted MG and asked her to pull a crew together for the Broomfield job and he told her to include JP. She said he sounded like he had just had the worst night of his life. I bet he did.
He told MG he would head up early and do some prep work thus establishing his alibi. His daughters inadvertently fouled everything up by coming home later than expected. They should have found SM missing and sounded the alarm. Instead BM had to get involved, had to start the bike narrative, and had to get the neighbor involved none of which he wanted. Still, I think he thought he was invincible, that the alibi was rock solid, and that no one would doubt him. Except they did.
MOO
Excellent post as always @OldCop. :)
You posited 2 very well thought out plausible scenarios and may have even swayed me more towards Friday.
I so agree we have to remember we are at a big disadvantage trying to put the puzzles together with a whole lot of pieces missing, and yes I do enjoy reading everyone’s theories to help me think outside the box and keep an open mind when we have little known facts to work with. Hopefully we’ll know very soon what day SM was murdered.
Having said that and while we wait:
I think our Saturday theories are pretty close.
I speculated here awhile back in more detail about how I think BM & SM likely hadn’t been getting along for awhile arguing in the days/weeks leading up to MD weekend. And then Friday night blow out/fight between
SM & BM, went to bed mad at each other and slept in separate bedrooms.
BM gets up Saturday morning still stewing mad about whatever they fought about Friday and leaves the house in an angry huff Saturday morning to go to the jobsite with MG.
MG said BM didn’t really seem like himself Saturday morning, which is because he was still upset about the argument from the night before. He cuts the day short to go home to make the wife happy to start alibi building etc. when he gets home more arguing ensues and he kills her ‘sometime’ after he got home.
I struggled more with the timeline after BM got home Saturday morning. Reason being all the different times that were given for when the BFF text wedding convo happened, and also the alleged 4pm sandwich sighting and so, posited that if sandwich sighting isn’t true he killed SM shortly after he got home Saturday 11:30/12 and if 4pm sandwich sighting is true, arguing continued off and on throughout the day, stopped arguing briefly when they went to get sandwiches, arguing picked up after they had sandwiches and SM was killed later on Saturday after they got back from sandwiches,. My speculation was based on me not thinking BM could pull off any long drawn out wedding texting convo with SM’s BFF from Indiana.
All the different times given as to when the BFF texting convo took place on Saturday, left room for SM to have been killed either shortly after BM got home Saturday morning, or later after sandwich sighting as one of the alleged texting convo times was around 9pm iirc.

All that to say, I think most of our Saturday theory of what happened aligns and you make good points about JP mentioning only saw BM in town Saturday alone making the sandwich sighting less probable. And another good point that BM could have been impersonating Suzanne texting and friend though something seemed off to BFF and when she questioned him that’s when convo abruptly ended. So if I ignore the alleged 4pm sandwich sighting which hasn’t been verified also considering the CV19 factor putting doubt on it, if I go by the original time that was said BFF wedding convo took place which was right around 11:30/12pm iirc, I agree with your timeline theory that SM was killed shortly after BM got home from jobsite Saturday, briefly tried to impersonate SM in convo with BFF, put her in cooler in garage, went into town shopping for cleaning supplies and to see JP about the job. And with everything else you posited about what he spent the rest of Saturday evening and wee hours of Sunday doing, as that’s how I always felt he spent that time as well regardless of whether SM met her demise on Friday or Saturday.
I like the Friday night theory you posit above too. It’s well thought out and yes, plausible for sure. The text to her BFF in IN Friday night and them fighting after BM found out she’d been confiding in her BFF and/or her Sister enraging him and he shoots her or kills her with a crossbow, or strangles her. Then makes a trip to Salida jobsite to bury SM or evidence.
Could very well have gone down like this on Friday. I have been of the belief that SM was killed on Saturday, but I’m definitely going to ponder over this Friday night theory a little more.
I have a question about your Friday night theory OldCop, if he did bury her at the Salida beach site Friday night, do you think she’d still be there, or? Moved her? I would be interested to know your thought if he may have moved her to Indiana in the early days/weeks after the fact. Very risky to move and transport body, but it has been done before as we know, ala Leticia Stauch. But do you think since LE seemingly suspected BM responsible from jump street, would LE have had 24/7 surveillance on him?

As for the bolded last sentence in you post, oh yeah :D

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzsnne

Last edited:

The beauty here is the insight to his mind. Imagine the AA, it's going to be a whopper! I just asked my Greyhound and even she knows it's illegal.

#BarryMorphew allegedly voted with his missing wife, #SuzanneMorphew ballot in the Presidential Election for Former President Trump. See what he said to the FBI when they asked him about it in this article
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1393009132169482242?s=21
Barry Morphew, the husband of a missing Chaffee County woman faces additional charges | FOX21 News Colorado
Article -
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The husband who is being accused of killing his wife, Suzanne Morphew in Chaffee County faces new charges on Thursday. He allegedly voted with his missing wife’s ballot.

According to court documents, Barry Morphew faces charges of Felony Forgery of Public Records and a Misdemeanor Elections-mail ballot offense. The offenses occurred between October 22, 2020, and May 13, 2021.

<<< To view the Arrest Warrant Download
In the court documents
, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office was notified by the Chaffee County Clerk of a report of alleged voter fraud. They had received an election voter ballot for a missing person, Suzanne Morphew who had been missing since May of 2020. The clerk provided the ballot to be photographed and taken as evidence. On the back of the ballot envelope, there was no signature next to the voter signature, but Barry Lee Morphew signed the witness’s signature.

During an audio-recorded interview with the FBI and Morphew on April 22, they asked him why he submitted his missing wife’s Presidential election voter ballot. According to the arrest warrant, Morphew replied, “just because I wanted Trump to win.” Morphew added, “to give him (referring to President Trump) another vote, I figured all these other guys are cheating and I know she (referring to Suzanne Morphew) was going to vote for Trump anyway.” When the FBI told Morphew that what he did was illegal he responded, “I didn’t know you couldn’t do that for your spouse.”

In September of 2020, Morphew petitioned for permanent guardianship of Suzanne. He was granted letters of permanent adult guardianship from the Indiana courts on January 2021. Colorado recognized those papers of guardianship shortly thereafter.

Morphew had a virtual advisement hearing in the morning for these new charges. His bond for the additional charges is $1,000. He is currently in the Chaffee County Detention Facility without bond for charges of first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and attempt to influence a public servant.

The arrest affidavit regarding the murder charges has not been posted online at the time of this writing. Morphew’s next court date has been set for May 27 at 4 p.m
Not only does he loves rocks but he is dumb as one too! Shocker! Not!

<modsnip>

This is nutsy. You can’t make this stuff up.

Last edited by a moderator:

He allegedly voted with his missing wife’s ballot.

According to court documents, Barry Morphew faces charges of Felony Forgery of Public Records and a Misdemeanor Elections-mail ballot offense. The offenses occurred between October 22, 2020, and May 13, 2021.
According to the arrest warrant, Morphew replied, “just because I wanted Trump to win.” Morphew added, “to give him (referring to President Trump) another vote, I figured all these other guys are cheating and I know she (referring to Suzanne Morphew) was going to vote for Trump anyway.” When the FBI told Morphew that what he did was illegal he responded, “I didn’t know you couldn’t do that for your spouse.”
That’s petty compared to the murder charges he's facing . What’s the reasoning behind that I wonder.

#BarryMorphew allegedly voted with his missing wife, #SuzanneMorphew ballot in the Presidential Election for Former President Trump. See what he said to the FBI when they asked him about it in this article
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1393009132169482242?s=21
Article -
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The husband who is being accused of killing his wife, Suzanne Morphew in Chaffee County faces new charges on Thursday. He allegedly voted with his missing wife’s ballot.

<<< To view the Arrest Warrant Download
In the court documents
, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office was notified by the Chaffee County Clerk of a report of alleged voter fraud. They had received an election voter ballot for a missing person, Suzanne Morphew who had been missing since May of 2020. The clerk provided the ballot to be photographed and taken as evidence. On the back of the ballot envelope, there was no signature next to the voter signature, but Barry Lee Morphew signed the witness’s signature.

In September of 2020, Morphew petitioned for permanent guardianship of Suzanne. He was granted letters of permanent adult guardianship from the Indiana courts on January 2021. Colorado recognized those papers of guardianship shortly thereafter.

Morphew had a virtual advisement hearing in the morning for these new charges. His bond for the additional charges is $1,000. He is currently in the Chaffee County Detention Facility without bond for charges of first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and attempt to influence a public servant.

The arrest affidavit regarding the murder charges has not been posted online at the time of this writing. Morphew’s next court date has been set for May 27 at 4 p.m
It took two hands to pick my jaw up off the floor. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member