Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

Oldies have seen this a lot, but maybe new posters have not.

I make Case Archives for cases on request. I save everything I can find, more or less.

Suzanne Morphew Main Case Archive is from the beginning to the arrest.
From now on, all that is nothing to do with BM will be added here. (funeral, remembrances, etc)
Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne sub-section is all about what happens to bring BM to prison for life. (imo)
JUSTICE for Suzanne

Does anyone think that the charges for attempting to influence a public official could mean just lying to them when or if they asked Barry if he had anything to do with Suzanne’s disappearance?

Because I can’t imagine him approaching 8 people at different times and attempting to influence them. Maybe all 8 and Barry were in the same room at the same time when he said whatever he said?

My guess is, that each time he did speak with these various public officials (his 3 30 hours thing, whatever the heck he meant by that - and any follow up interviews), he sounded the same way as he did when he was saying to LS that he will "NOT go on camera, he will not do that!"

Brash, overbearing, bombastic, and likely throwing out every single possible scenario of what could have happened to her, from bob cat to running into someone known to her, and all the other crap stories he was telling.

In addition, he likely made more comments about how the police can't seem to do their job (his lame attempt to intimidate), the way he accused the CCSO of screwing things up from the beginning, and then trying to blame him.

I think he took every opportunity LE afforded him, to lie thru his teeth and try and get them to direct their investigation elsewhere.

jmo

Folks, RE the "short rifle"--it could be a regular rifle that someone cut down--in the absence of more information we can't know for sure.

But in today's world, it is much more likely to be a rifle built on the AR platform. One can buy an amazing amount of after-market products to buildup or modify an AR. And nearly every gun guy I know has 2 or 3 of them (not me-I dislike the AR). You'll note from the law that a rifle can violate the length by having a short barrel or a short total length. You can get short barrels and/or short stocks (which could turn it into essentially an extra long pistol). The purpose of such a rifle is typically shooting just for fun or for home defense. It is not what what one would typically opt for for hunting. I know a number of people who have similar rifles in .300 Blackout, which is a specialized caliber for military (now used also by civilians for home defense and fun shooting). There are, of course other calibers, and there are other platforms such as various bullpup designs and small submachine guns.

Note that just being short doesn't make it unable to be legally owned--there is a process to go through.

Another new thread, that was fast! I saw it and thought I must have missed more news today. I half expected to see new charges for Barry robbing the church collection basket or something.
That’s what I thought, too! MOO, I predict lawsuits (maybe charges) that are financial in nature, ie. taxes, fraudulent PPP loans, other unpaid loans, etc.

My guess is, that each time he did speak with these various public officials (his 3 30 hours thing, whatever the heck he meant by that - and any follow up interviews), he sounded the same way as he did when he was saying to LS that he will "NOT go on camera, he will not do that!"

Brash, overbearing, bombastic, and likely throwing out every single possible scenario of what could have happened to her, from bob cat to running into someone known to her, and all the other crap stories he was telling.

In addition, he likely made more comments about how the police can't seem to do their job (his lame attempt to intimidate), the way he accused the CCSO of screwing things up from the beginning, and then trying to blame him.

I think he took every opportunity LE afforded him, to lie thru his teeth and try and get them to direct their investigation elsewhere.

jmo
Thank You. That makes sense. I’m just trying to affirm my belief that it wasn’t actual bribery involved or threats to their safety (although that would not surprise me).

Oldies have seen this a lot, but maybe new posters have not.

I make Case Archives for cases on request. I save everything I can find, more or less.

Suzanne Morphew Main Case Archive is from the beginning to the arrest.
From now on, all that is nothing to do with BM will be added here. (funeral, remembrances, etc)
Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne sub-section is all about what happens to bring BM to prison for life. (imo)
JUSTICE for Suzanne
As always, thank you @AmandaReckonwith Your work is so appreciated.

Folks, RE the "short rifle"--it could be a regular rifle that someone cut down--in the absence of more information we can't know for sure.

But in today's world, it is much more likely to be a rifle built on the AR platform. One can buy an amazing amount of after-market products to buildup or modify an AR. And nearly every gun guy I know has 2 or 3 of them (not me-I dislike the AR). You'll note from the law that a rifle can violate the length by having a short barrel or a short total length. You can get short barrels and/or short stocks (which could turn it into essentially an extra long pistol). The purpose of such a rifle is typically shooting just for fun or for home defense. It is not what what one would typically opt for for hunting. I know a number of people who have similar rifles in .300 Blackout, which is a specialized caliber for military (now used also by civilians for home defense and fun shooting). There are, of course other calibers, and there are other platforms such as various bullpup designs and small submachine guns.

Note that just being short doesn't make it unable to be legally owned--there is a process to go through.
I commented pretty much the same thing in the last thread except I disagree that a short rifle is solely for self defense or for fun. I've seen both bullpups and pistol AK's used in hunting, effectively. A pistol AR with an optic would be devastating against certain types of game.

I also love the AR platform. It's one of the easiest guns to shoot. Depending on what model you're shooting they're also light and reliable. As you've pointed out, there are tons of modifications available.

I think Barry probably brought the gun with him from Indiana, the date in the AA could also support that scenario.

Going back to the potential for bail for a minute (as I cannot respond to the posts in the last thread now) .... I think they will try for bail. Will he get bail? Who knows.

Judges get around potential for flight risk by having people surrender their passport, and by sticking an ankle bracelet on them.
Isn't one of the daughters still under 18 years of age? Will that have any bearing?
Does he still have a viable business? Is that a tie to the community?
Does he still own any property in CO? If so, another potential tie to the community.
Have his high powered attorneys managed to get Murder 1 clients out on bail before?
Has he ever physically harmed another person in that community? If not, maybe he won't be thought of as a danger.

All I know is that (some) people do get bail under his charges. Which is why the link I posted said "if they get bail, it is usually around the $1M mark".

I would like to think he won't get bail. But I saw Borce Ristevski get bail - thanks to his high powered lawyer - and then work various jobs while on bail, before 3 years after the murder of his lovely wife he finally copped to a plea.

Last edited:
Thank You. That makes sense. I’m just trying to affirm my belief that it wasn’t actual bribery involved or threats to their safety (although that would not surprise me).
I’m following a case of 2 LE officers in Loveland Colorado who severely manhandled a 70 year old woman last Summer. The now former officers were just charged today and one has a charge of “attempting to influence a public servant” and the reason given is :

McLaughlin said that the charges of attempt to influence a public servant against Hopp were related to “substantial omissions” and inaccuracies in his reports about the incident.

So, IMO it could be that BM didn’t tell investigators things and outright lied about details that would influence the outcome of the search for SM and the investigation. Just my speculation that this is one thing it *could* be.

Karen Garner case: Ex-Colorado police officers criminally charged

Attempt to Influence?
Snipped from post by BeckyF on previous thread: "… Because I can’t imagine him approaching 8 people at different times and attempting to influence them. Maybe all 8 and Barry were in the same room at the same time when he said whatever he said?..."

@BeckyF. I've been scratching my head too about this charge, so thanks for your post, leading me to try to imagine BM's thought process.

If LEOs from multiple agencies - CCSO, CBI, & FBI - had been assembled in a major task force type meeting, and if BM had been there too and spoken, could that cover say 5 or 6 public employees he tried to influence. The catch w that idea? Difficult to imagine BM being permitted to be near such a gathering at least anytime after Sunday.

Two or three ppl he targeted could be re vote fraud case, maybe in March. One or two FBI agents and maybe the DAO investigator meeting BM at Franz Lake?

No actual theories here. ETA, Oops: I posted before reading @Error505. comment

Yes, @NuttMegg I agree!
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*
His statements are very derogatory towards SM, I’ve always found them to be. He almost sounds like he’s referring to a stray cat around the house. What a guy, huh?
His $100,000 reward plea
“Safe return no questions asked” like someone stole a dog? BM didn’t value SM as a person much less as a wife or mother. I promise he did his level best to drive wedges in the relationships SM had with her children. That’s the way they are! #Fact

MOO EBM to correct mistake on tag

Last edited:
Good to see that Lauren Scharf is back on the case. Remember when she abruptly and inexplicably stopped reporting before the volunteer search got underway? And how baffled we were by her absence? Now that BM is behind bars, she's back.

I wonder if she was covertly or overtly threatened? Just speculating.

Yes, IIRC there was high anticipation of her coverage of the volunteer search AM lead and then suddenly she was MIA as it got underway. Lauren Scharf’’s tenacity from the beginning, to bring and keep attention on Suzanne’s being missing, obviously would not have made her very popular with at least one person. Someone hoped/expected that Suzanne would just “go missing” on a bike ride, and that people would accept this and move on. Lauren got in the way of that narrative. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects