Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I bet it already has, given that 18,528 people have heard the ex-cop tell them to go steal it. I didn't say that I think it was the best idea to do the memorial there, but that it is not up to any youtuber to tell the whole world to go steal a statue that obviously means something to both families, but IMO, is actually a possession of the girls, not the sister's. Anyway, when I saw yet another youtuber (earlier) expose the site with a bunch of conjectures on how the rocks were leaning, etc, some people already knew it was there, and I assumed it would be stolen. Now, everyone who listens to CM's program got the idea.

The suggestion/request has been all over Social media since day one. I plead guilty to posting that info right here on Websleuths back on May 9th....upload_2021-5-27_20-4-26.png

Last edited:
Respectfully, they are not waiting until the last minute -- they're going to try and meet the June 2 date which is Wednesday. They understand the rule is 21 days or earlier, as is practical.

That was my understanding as well. My comment was directed at the notion that defendant's attorneys were improperly demanding disco. It is common for defense to request and prosecutors to provide initial disco very early on in the process regardless of the rules or statutes.

Accused killer Barry Morphew faces new charge for possession of a dangerous weapon - KRDO
Accused killer Barry Morphew expected back in court, faces two new charges - KRDO
SALIDA, Colo. (KRDO) -- Barry Morphew, the man accused of killing his wife Suzanne Morphew, is back in court Thursday for the second time since his arrest on May 5th.

According to documents posted to the Colorado Courts website, Morphew now faces two additional charges; tampering with a human body and possession of a dangerous weapon.

These are all the charges Morphew now currently faces:
Adding to my previous post
If BM is found guilty of tampering with a human body, he could face up to 32 years in prison for that charge alone.
MOO

Based on today’s hearing, it feels like defense is going to take the “LE messed up, LE is framing Barry, everyone is a Meth head” approach. Unsurprising.

jmo
Imho Barry’s only defense is to attack prosecution’s evidence. What else can he do? He’s said from day one, LE screwed up the evidence.” Not sure why he called it “evidence” at the time!
But by all rights, the “BobCat” has to be exonerated.
ban-rollerbanana.gif

Unfortunately, a statue lying on the ground is going to be taken by someone at some point, no question - a tourist, a passerby, not everyone is going to know the background story of the statue and show the respect it deserves. It's a family heirloom lying there to be picked up and carried off by anyone. Barry is a landscape gardener, he had the ability to mount it in concrete, make it a permanent fixture, but no, it's just lying there. And was the statue placed where Barry "threw the bike" .... really, I think there's probably a better place for a memorial in a public area, like a rose tree with a plaque, etc. Just my opinion of course, but yeah, I got where CM was coming from.

Yes, I get all your points. However, it appears the girls didn’t see it this way. If it’s stolen, I just hope it’s not at the direction of CM from YouTube, who I think should know better.

At the 57 minute mark here, CM tells his viewers trespassing is only a misdemeanor. Mike King looked appalled and had to step in. IMO

Based on today’s hearing, it feels like defense is going to take the “LE messed up, LE is framing Barry, everyone is a Meth head” approach. Unsurprising.

jmo
I agree @steeltowngirl. I was getting ready to post same. BM has been setting the stage for this defense strategy since day one, so yeah, not a bit surprised by his defense attorneys posture at the hearing today. In fact, was expecting it.
I have this vision, in his first meeting with his defense attorneys, BM barking at them about LE messing up all the evidence, blaming everything on him trying to frame him, employees are all “meth heads” etc., just like he did in his 1st phone interview with Lauren. He couldn’t wait to put it out there, because........What else does he have?
LRR. Weak BM, very weak.

Justice is coming Suzanne.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I really can't see Barry using a weapon on Suzanne. He is a very powerful man and could easily strangle Suzanne with no problem.
I’m on the fence with how he killed SM. The gun charge has me really intrigued, along with the dates, which coincide with the closing of PP home.

What if investigators found the gun on PP property, and it had her blood/tissue evidence on the weapon? That would be pretty compelling evidence she’s deceased and how.
COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.

just MOO thinking outloud

I think I saw your username on there...

the chat going on the whole time was super distracting and I wasn’t sure if I could turn it off.
Yes the chat was distracting ! FYI all I was in a zoom court a few weeks ago and the judge shut it down because the chatting got out of hand. The Judge has the discretion to do that . I hope it does not happen in this case. I mainly saw questions about how to get the voice etc. technical stuff, I did see a few couple that were not appropriate to what was going on. I was afraid to try and cut chat off fearing I could not get back on. No Techie here for sure.

There was already an Order by Judge Murphy on this which specifically states May 27, 2021. See file upload on 5/14/21 on the public court site.

Colorado Judicial Branch

That's sort of what I thought - today was already the final day to submit, so maybe he plans (or planned all along) to make this decision tomorrow's order of business. Obviously that's just speculation.

Even though I have tried over a hundred cases and I have observed &/or consulted on many others, it is still difficult to predict what a jury will do with a case once they get it.

Trying to predict the outcome for a future trial based on knowing less than 1% of the actual facts or evidence is a job for psychics...IMO. Granted there are only 3 options, so I guess one has a 1 in 3 chance of correctly guessing the outcome.

Imho Barry’s only defense is to attack prosecution’s evidence. What else can he do? He’s said from day one, LE screwed up the evidence.” Not sure why he called it “evidence” at the time!
ban-rollerbanana.gif
They are already setting up an appeal issue IMO

ban-rollerbanana.gif
I would suggest Barry planted more then the bike but an entire "scene." IMO.
On another note Letecia's AA is 32 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck