Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

Oldies have seen this a lot, but maybe new posters have not.

I make Case Archives for cases on request. I save everything I can find, more or less.

Suzanne Morphew Main Case Archive is from the beginning to the arrest.
From now on, all that is nothing to do with BM will be added here. (funeral, remembrances, etc)
Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne sub-section is all about what happens to bring BM to prison for life. (imo)
JUSTICE for Suzanne

Reposting this from the end of the last thread. I just don’t get how BM avoided GPS data tracking when it mattered most.

I have this odd thought that BM being at the Salida job site Friday night was his way of getting out of the house after the big fight he and SM had, but that he had also made his mind up on murder at that time. While I think he did do work there, I think he also went to someplace remote and dug SM’s grave (I recall some interview from MG where she stated BM called to tell her he’d be 1 hour late picking her up because he was up late the night before). Being on unfamiliar land at night and the rocky terrain, he damaged his bobcat digging the grave.

That was part of the reason he was acting odd on Saturday with MG. The bobcat was damaged and he didn’t want her to ask how it happened because he didn’t want to get caught in a lie. At the same time, he’s acting strange because he is about to murder his wife.

And he has to fix the bobcat promptly to avoid suspicion and to be able to bury her later that day.

But one of the missing pieces of that theory is that BM would have had to have towed the bobcat Friday night to the grave site without having gps tracking.

I wonder if DSI had any fleet trucks that BM would have access to? Although, I’d have to think LE would have checked the gps data on them.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

FWIW, the Puma Path home was listed as having high speed internet access when the M’s originally purchased it. So I’m pretty confident that internet was not sketchy.

I am pretty confident cell service was sketchy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that follow more cases than I do, I’d love your feedback on:

If bone fragments, teeth or ashes were found at the Salida FBI dig site and they were identified as SM; would BM have been arrested sooner?

Also, I know we’ve been calling this a ‘no body’ case but has LE called it a no body case?

Also, I’d imagine BM would have access to fire accelerants via the CC VFD as I bet they keep them on hand for training purposes.

Since we know that Barry was setting up trail cams when the volunteer searchers were out and about looking for his wife, it seems odd that the house security system was never enabled ?
If the house came with the system available, it's strange to not take advantage of it.
Although the source for that information has not been confirmed by LE and so it's a theory as of now.
Imo.

Since we know that Barry was setting up trail cams when the volunteer searchers were out and about looking for his wife, it seems odd that the house security system was never enabled ?
If the house came with the system available, it's strange to not take advantage of it.
Although the source for that information has not been confirmed by LE and so it's a theory as of now.
Imo.
If fancy system fails, most would order a 100 dollar set of 4 cameras from Amazon to replace.

He didn't care or he wanted them off.

Reposting this from the end of the last thread. I just don’t get how BM avoided GPS data tracking when it mattered most.

I have this odd thought that BM being at the Salida job site Friday night was his way of getting out of the house after the big fight he and SM had, but that he had also made his mind up on murder at that time. While I think he did do work there, I think he also went to someplace remote and dug SM’s grave (I recall some interview from MG where she stated BM called to tell her he’d be 1 hour late picking her up because he was up late the night before). Being on unfamiliar land at night and the rocky terrain, he damaged his bobcat digging the grave.

That was part of the reason he was acting odd on Saturday with MG. The bobcat was damaged and he didn’t want her to ask how it happened because he didn’t want to get caught in a lie. At the same time, he’s acting strange because he is about to murder his wife.

And he has to fix the bobcat promptly to avoid suspicion and to be able to bury her later that day.

But one of the missing pieces of that theory is that BM would have had to have towed the bobcat Friday night to the grave site without having gps tracking.

I wonder if DSI had any fleet trucks that BM would have access to? Although, I’d have to think LE would have checked the gps data on them.
Good thinking.
When he went to fix, he borrowed.
Sounds plausible.

I am not sure why I don't already know this but is BM an only child?
BM has two sisters. It has been reported (sorry I don't have a source) that he was his father's favorite to the exclusion of his sisters & wanted BM to play pro baseball. I have also read that his mother was very fond of Suzanne. Again, I cannot offer attribution, but I believe the camping trip the daughters were on when SM was reported missing was with one of BM's sisters.

Here is BM's father's obit: Rodger D. Morphew Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

That idea gives BM a one time associated GPS free trip. He cant get back unless maybe on eATV.
But evading GPS or in some way or a dumpster stop somewhere seem like the only options.

I do not believe the camping story where the aunt was supposed to be present. It did not emerge until at least two weeks after Suzanne disappeared. It is complete rumor and there's absolutely nothing to suggest the aunt was there (the rumor comes from posts on FB, but those posts have been deleted).

We are not allowed to sleuth any of this, at any rate, so I'll let it go at that.

I do not believe the camping story where the aunt was supposed to be present. It did not emerge until at least two weeks after Suzanne disappeared. It is complete rumor and there's absolutely nothing to suggest the aunt was there (the rumor comes from posts on FB, but those posts have been deleted).

We are not allowed to sleuth any of this, at any rate, so I'll let it go at that.
Thank you for the correction.

BM has two sisters. It has been reported (sorry I don't have a source) that he was his father's favorite to the exclusion of his sisters & wanted BM to play pro baseball. I have also read that his mother was very fond of Suzanne. Again, I cannot offer attribution, but I believe the camping trip the daughters were on when SM was reported missing was with one of BM's sisters.

Here is BM's father's obit: Rodger D. Morphew Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information
This CM video is a visit to BM hometown & discusses BM growing up w/dad wanting him to be a pro baseball player

While I think he did do work there, I think he also went to someplace remote and dug SM’s grave (I recall some interview from MG where she stated BM called to tell her he’d be 1 hour late picking her up because he was up late the night before). Being on unfamiliar land at night and the rocky terrain, he damaged his bobcat digging the grave.

That was part of the reason he was acting odd on Saturday with MG. The bobcat was damaged and he didn’t want her to ask how it happened because he didn’t want to get caught in a lie.

RSBM

This is the first I'm hearing this. Link please?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member