Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wish we knew the exact time of the conversation. The first time frame made sense when it abruptly ended at around 9:00 pm, and then 3 hours later was the activity on FB.

However, while Suzanne was texting with her friend, Barry still could have come home around 2:00 pm and had enough time to commit the murder before going back out again. If he went to the Fireplace store at around 5 or 6, that leaves about three hours that are unaccounted for.
One thing I don't understand....If SM was "zooming" her friend....i.e. video interaction...why did they switch to texting?

Yeah, I wish we knew the exact time of the conversation. The first time frame made sense when it abruptly ended at around 9:00 pm, and then 3 hours later was the activity on FB.

However, while Suzanne was texting with her friend, Barry still could have come home around 2:00 pm and had enough time to commit the murder before going back out again. If he went to the Fireplace store at around 5 or 6, that leaves about three hours that are unaccounted for.
One thing I don't understand....If SM was "zooming" her friend....i.e. video interaction...why did they switch to texting?

I still feel SMs body is somewhere in the vicinity of the Salida area - somewhere BM knows well, that only he knew about. To dispose of anything along the way to Broomfield would have required some haste, or a location planned well in advance. The body would have been found already. MOO.
I mean, you could just tell us where she is, BARRY.

I’m open to her being relatively close by, but there may be areas that he knows well that would be somewhat on the way to Broomfield too.

I read a good book not too long ago, that involved an organization that specializes in finding dead bodies (Necrosearch International). Typically, killers don’t like traveling long distances with bodies, and do have a familiarity with the location they hide the body at.

I think Barry is no different.

I think the wedding is being overplayed as significant. IIRC, because of Covid it was a private ceremony on Sunday (Mother’s Day). I don’t see the mother of the bride FaceTiming SM (or whatever) leading up to or during this event. SM would probably tell her, tell me about it afterwards, share pics and videos- enjoy yourself. It’s possible any plans for SM to speak were also changed due to the wedding being a different event (Covid) than originally planned.

From the AA when it’s released- I’m waiting to see if I owe Ms. Mary, the neighbor of the construction site, who reported the noise an apology for not believing her. lol IMO
How and why did SM and BFF go from face timing to texting? IOW....going from I see you to now I don't see you..I just read your words?

I believe that the charges that follow Count 1: Murder in the First Degree, viz:

COUNT 2: TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY;
COUNT 3: TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE;
COUNT 4: POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON; and
COUNT 5: ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE A PUBLIC SERVANT

are all part of one integrated narrative describing what BM did. However, I am really struggling to fit all these acts into the compressed time frame identified in the complaint.

This is even more difficult if I assume PE was correct about the number of times BM allegedly moved SM's mortal remains.

Some of you are absolute masters of the timeline. Can you help with this?

I definitely think it’s significant, and I do not for a second believe that law enforcement excavated that location just based on the sounds the neighbor heard.

I’m convinced they can actually put Barry there.

Do you mean put him there in the middle of the night, whichever night it was the neighbor was woken up?

How and why did SM and BFF go from face timing to texting? IOW....going from I see you to now I don't see you..I just read your words?

Some have speculated maybe they were FaceTiming or texting the day of the wedding. I think it’s possible neither of these things happened the day of the wedding, which supposedly was on Sunday.

I do find it likely a text between SM and her friend ended mid conversation, before Sunday. IMO

Keep in mind this is happening in the dark....BM didn't use spotlights or flashlights, IMO.....the cover of darkness was a double-edged sword.
MOO I think use of flashlight and headlights likely.
What I do think is likely that who ever made noise was unaware the lady lived there and thought they were on a row of unoccupied summer houses.

Do you mean put him there in the middle of the night, whichever night it was the neighbor was woken up?
Yes. I think his phone, vehicle gps, or surveillance footage put him there.

The FBI Evidence Response Team spending 3 days digging up someone’s private property based on some sounds heard by an elderly woman, just seems unlikely to me.

I believe she heard a noise that sounded like machinery was being used, I'm not just sure that's what it was, which night it was, or that is has anything to do with the crime.

Yeah, I think she heard a noise. What made me not think further into her account, was it going on for 30 minutes, then she turns the light on to check and it stopped. Some will say the light going on made the person causing the noise to stop. I just choose not to spend much time with this one. IMO

I believe that the charges that follow Count 1: Murder in the First Degree, viz:

COUNT 2: TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY;
COUNT 3: TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE;
COUNT 4: POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON; and
COUNT 5: ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE A PUBLIC SERVANT

are all part of one integrated narrative describing what BM did. However, I am really struggling to fit all these acts into the compressed time frame identified in the complaint.

This is even more difficult if I assume PE was correct about the number of times BM allegedly moved SM's mortal remains.

Some of you are absolute masters of the timeline. Can you help with this?
I didn’t believe Barry moved her remains, and that was before the charges were filed.

He’s charged with one count of “tampering with a deceased human body,” and the dates align with the same dates as the murder charge (9th and 10th).

I believe there are multiple crime scenes, and some of those are locations where evidence was dumped (tampering with physical evidence).

House, bike location, body location, multiple evidence dumping locations.

Some have speculated maybe they were FaceTiming or texting the day of the wedding. I think it’s possible neither of these things happened the day of the wedding, which supposedly was on Sunday.

I do find it likely a text between SM and her friend ended mid conversation, before Sunday. IMO
That is an intriguing part of the end game.....If SM was texting at the time BM offed her....think about that for a moment. If he knew she was texting, then he killed her abruptly, or in a fit of rage....IMO. Otherwise, he would have either waited until she was done, or got her attention in order to goad her into ending the conversation normally, leaving no suspicion to the person on the other end. An abrupt ending just suggests fit of rage, immediate killing to me....IOW...emotion was very much a part of the equation.

Yes. I think his phone, vehicle gps, or surveillance footage put him there.

The FBI Evidence Response Team spending 3 days digging up someone’s private property based on some sounds heard by an elderly woman, just seems unlikely to me.

I suspect the search there had far more to do with what MG told investigators, and how it possibly lined up with his digital footprint on the night(s) in question. She (MG) did say BM was there Friday evening, so what the heck was the guy hired to lay dirt, doing there after hours?

That is an intriguing part of the end game.....If SM was texting at the time BM offed her....think about that for a moment. If he knew she was texting, then he killed her abruptly, or in a fit of rage....IMO. Otherwise, he would have either waited until she was done, or got her attention in order to goad her into ending the conversation normally, leaving no suspicion to the person on the other end. An abrupt ending just suggests fit of rage, immediate killing to me.
Do guys really confide in their friends on that level? I have opinions on that one.
What I was alluding to was whether or not there was conflict in the relationship detected by others...and how that played out..Did BM berate her in front of others because the hand towels in the bathroom weren't fully stocked? Did SM seem muzzled? How did this happy couple really behave in front of friends who saw them on a regular basis?

Yeah, I think she heard a noise. What made me not think further into her account, was it going on for 30 minutes, then she turns the light on to check and it stopped. Some will say the light going on made the person causing the noise to stop. I just choose not to spend much time with this one. IMO
I thought I read that she shot right up in bed when she heard it, or something like that. I do remember that she opened the door, looked around and didn't see anything. It does sound as of whoever was there disappeared quickly. I imagined Barry sneaking off down the creek in a kayak at one point.

I wake up to check out noises sometimes, and the next day don't remember how long I was up or what time it was, so it could also be that she didn't remember everything clearly. Imo

A few random thoughts and questions.

BM’s job for that Salida property was to put down the dirt that the foundation was laid upon. So why were he and MG working at/on the beach that Saturday? I think the concrete was poured Monday, so presumably the dirt work was done by mid day Saturday.

Did BM go out Friday night and finish the dirt work knowing he’d need to free up time on Saturday for the murder, but that the project still needed to stay on schedule?

When did BM buy the parts bike? (If one was even purchased)

How long were the girls out of town for? A week, a 3 day weekend?

I was wondering about a diesel truck, too. One night I was kept awake by a rumbling sound and it turned out to be a big truck parked up the road. It was loud enough that I couldn't get back to sleep until he was gone.

The other thing that can make 'machinery' noise for an extended period is a generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK