Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds of the searches of Kelsey Berreth's condo. They searched initially and then went back and searched again after they had testimony from KK of her murder there.

I didn't follow this case very closely - IIRC didn't KB's own family find small drops of blood themselves in her condo AFTER LE came through initially? IMO

I predict we hear these types of allegations from BM's defense for the next 18 + months! Tweet of the Day:

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
"There is a difference between that you are not providing the discovery versus them not able to retrieve the discovery you provide," Judge Murphy said.

9:54 AM · Jul 22, 2021

Is that an actual verbatim quote, or Lauren's paraphrasing?

Because if it's a direct quote, that judge's diction is absolutely horrendous.

Question: Was he admonishing the prosecution when he said that, or the defense?

It’s pretty remarkable law enforcement even found this pen. I could see something like that being easily overlooked, as I imagine they’d never come across one in a situation like this before.

Just imagine the person’s reaction when they realized what they had?!
Just had a thought....I wonder if they found out about if and that was the second warrant...to go in and look for it. They would have had to state what they were looking for in that second warrant.

Could this star witness not be some type of professional SM had consulted, like, say, a divorce lawyer, estate lawyer, financial advisor, etc.?

Alternatively, could this star witness be an FBI expert in digital forensic analysis?

I mean, I know GD knows more about this stuff than anybody, on account of his 400 tours, but still.

I think BM might have been suspicious that SM was doing some independent planning.

I really don't think SM purchased any spy pen.

That smacks of being exactly the type of devious, underhanded thing BM would do.

JMO.
I thought the judge slipped and identified it as the victims? Anyone know for sure ?

Could this star witness not be some type of professional SM had consulted, like, say, a divorce lawyer, estate lawyer, financial advisor, etc.?

Alternatively, could this star witness be an FBI expert in digital forensic analysis?

I mean, I know GD knows more about this stuff than anybody, on account of his 400 tours, but still.

I think BM might have been suspicious that SM was doing some independent planning.

I really don't think SM purchased any spy pen.

That smacks of being exactly the type of devious, underhanded thing BM would do.

JMO.

Maybe someone gave it to her just in case. They identified it as hers, not how she in fact procured it! Good point GK!

In Colorado, one party to a communication can record other parties or consent to such recording. If there is no such consent, the conduct is criminal:

Colorado Revised Statutes § 18-9-303. Wiretapping prohibited - penalty

(1) Any person not a sender or intended receiver of a telephone or telegraph communication commits wiretapping if he:

(a) Knowingly overhears, reads, takes, copies, or records a telephone, telegraph, or electronic communication without the consent of either a sender or a receiver thereof or attempts to do so; (BBM)

CO is a one party consent. As long as SM or one party in the conversation wanted it recorded, it was legal. Just like the TD video.

Last edited:
It’s pretty remarkable law enforcement even found this pen. I could see something like that being easily overlooked, as I imagine they’d never come across one in a situation like this before.

Just imagine the person’s reaction when they realized what they had?!
Just had a thought....I wonder if they found out about if and that was the second warrant...to go in and look for it. They would have had to state what they were looking for in that second warrant.

In Colorado, one party to a communication can record other parties or consent to such recording. If there is no such consent, the conduct is criminal:

Colorado Revised Statutes § 18-9-303. Wiretapping prohibited - penalty

(1) Any person not a sender or intended receiver of a telephone or telegraph communication commits wiretapping if he:

(a) Knowingly overhears, reads, takes, copies, or records a telephone, telegraph, or electronic communication without the consent of either a sender or a receiver thereof or attempts to do so; (BBM)

In the example of SM recording, it's perfectly legal to record if you are a party to the conversation.

Recording conversations legally is pretty easy in Colorado. “Colorado recording law stipulates that it is a one-party consent state.

In Colorado, it is a criminal offense to use any device to record communications whether it’s wire, oral or electronic without the consent of at least one person taking part in the communication. …

When is recording conversations legal in Colorado? - Civil Rights Litigation Group

Seemed to me BM's lawyers showed today they are preparing to defend a guilty man - not with denials of guilt - rather with technical flaws in the proof of guilt.

Ergo, Judge Murphy's cautions approach: Tough noogies about the bail, but its obvious BM is guilty as sin. Unless and until BM beats the rap, he ain't goin' nowhere, but District Attorney, let's don't make any mistakes,

Barry Morphew is listening to the hearing, his video is not up. His attorneys Iris Eytan and Dru Neilsen are also not in the courtroom. Eytan is doing most of the talking, at one point she was seen sipping from a Superwoman coffee mug.
Good eye! Interesting you could hear her whispering in the beginning. (defense attorney) was shaking her head a few times as if she was disgusted. Interestingly they are not disgusted by the evidence of what has happened at the hands of their client but rather, less than acceptable discovery turn over.

Defense said at least five times "no physical evidence". Could that mean they just don't know of it as of yet?[/QUOTE]
Anyone else hear ms Eytan
at the very beginning whispering “she is with him at the jail”? Wonder if she and Dru Nielsen were discussing Mallory or Macy being at the jail with their dad? That’s when the judge told her he could hear her.

I don’t think it’s that unreasonable that the Defense wants equal time & that they should try to set their witness list. If they admit they don’t need all 18, and some of them have scheduling issues already….then it doesn’t seem that unreasonable to ask….JMHO

They don’t need, as they said, all 4 people to testify about the crime scene just to prove probable cause….
Yet the defense wasn't willing to give the prosecutor their own witness list albeit in the spirit of "fair play" (citing they're uncertain). The advance list by the prosecutor was pure courtesy -- not a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz