Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #66 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

Mod Reminder Falls at Random:

Links are required to be included in posts making statements of fact. If no link is included, the post along with those that quoted the post will be removed.

Thanks

Someone mentioned upthread, and it bears repeating. Many of us have known the wedding / best friend’s (SO) full name for almost a year, despite it not being published (until now) in MSM. I’ve not once seen even her initials posted here. Everyone who knew the name kept it private in order to protect the witness integrity, and out of respect for the TOS of WS.

That’s a classy move by members here, and worth noting and applauding.

Someone mentioned upthread, and it bears repeating. Many of us have known the wedding / best friend’s (SO) full name for almost a year, despite it not being published (until now) in MSM. I’ve not once seen even her initials posted here. Everyone who knew the name kept it private in order to protect the witness integrity, and out of respect for the TOS of WS.

That’s a classy move by members here, and worth noting and applauding.

I couldn't agree more.
I knew it, and totally forgot it, because it's never been mentioned here (or if it was, quickly removed due to TOS).

So yes, classy move folks.

I don’t think BFF would have tried contacting BM due to the fact she was aware of SM’s deepest secrets. I think she would fear spooking BM and causing more problems for SM by raising her suspicions to BM.

It’s early morning & not sure if I’m expressing my thoughts clearly. But I think she would try making contact daughters. But more importantly she wouldn’t hesitate to contact LE out of extreme concern. Looking forward to Monday! Moo

DBLG said:
Sorry if this is a silly question… since the media will be allowed to tweet live updates, how will we know what twitter feed to follow? Will we just need to wait for the reporters to tell us?

Just a Reminder!! :)

I shall be posting the tweets from Ashley Franco during the morning session - someone else will probably have to take over as it will past my bedtime when the afternoon session restarts. Also for Tuesday I shall post the tweets.
animated-smileys-computer-08.gif

Anyone else volunteering to do other people's tweets??

Attorney opinion question: would you have tried to postpone the prelim? Did the attorneys expect that hearing to go exactly the way it did, and had already known they would be going ahead with the prelim on Monday? Did they really discuss and let Barry decide, or was this just a simple advising the client and proceeding as planned? I think the bond request was just a short “my client is innocent” posturing on Eytan’s part.

One has to wonder if BM would take the Fotis Dulos way out if he was given bail. Would hate to see that happen. He needs to stand trial.

Well, let’s see. Dulos went home to take himself out. Technically, BM appears to be homeless. Where would he go? Perhaps he would go to stay with his family. Would he further traumatize his daughters in an act of despair? It would solidify an admission of his guilt in the minds of many people.

I am more inclined to think BM would skip town if given the chance. Possibly be a threat to others involved with the case.

jmo

Attorney opinion question: would you have tried to postpone the prelim? Did the attorneys expect that hearing to go exactly the way it did, and had already known they would be going ahead with the prelim on Monday? Did they really discuss and let Barry decide, or was this just a simple advising the client and proceeding as planned? I think the bond request was just a short “my client is innocent” posturing on Eytan’s part.

I keep thinking that Barry is ticked off that he's spending all this money on the lawyers and he's not out of jail yet.

I can't decide whether I think the defense lawyers are simply posturing and being annoying in order to please him, or if they really thought this would work.

First of all, even if some evidence was produce "unconstitutionally," I've always thought the standard remedy was to ban its use, not to reduce charges or grant bail. The law is usually full of direct consequences. But the Judge was of course right.

The defense needed to say specifically which evidence fell into that category and be prepared to bring testimony. Let's say it was Barry's own utterances, which incriminate him (which he made knowingly to LE and in the course of a criminal investigation, of which he was aware and advised). Okay, so the defense needed to say that, and then testimony needed to be heard about the circumstances under which Barry uttered these things and why they are incriminating.

Instead, they had no list of such evidence and still wanted their cookie.

That's because Barry is a very difficult client. He's insisting he's innocent, he's probably insisting he didn't say the things that LE have recorded him saying. He's being framed. So he wants out immediately. This isn't helpful to his attorneys if in fact he was recorded saying those things after being asked if he understood why he was being questioned in a criminal investigation. He denies trying to influence any public officials (five are named in the charges, I believe) and yet, those events are probably recorded or sworn to by those officials (who would have to appear to dispute this). So it would be a little mini-trial (which is what the prelim is).

But Barry demands and Barry gets what he wants, so the lawyers threw together a hasty request which said

1) some of this evidence is unconstitutional (but we don't which evidence it is yet)
2) some of this evidence was given to us later than the Judge said to give it (but we can't say which evidence that is yet)
3) some of this evidence was new evidence! So we didn't have time to read it!!

To this last category, the Judge kindly explained that he had already explained to them that in an investigation, more evidence could be produced at any time and he expected both sides to comply with the law (and share it ASAP - which the prosecution did, said the judge; Judge Murphy said he'd received the new evidence as well).

I felt like he was instructing students in the law. "Bring a list of which evidence, provide testimony as to why it should be thrown out," and certainly not "If you find a problem with some of the evidence, that means your client gets bail!"

Surely the defense lawyers know that. Was this just a ploy to once again mention he is innocent? Dumb, IMO.

To the second category of evidence (late), he said, "Can't we just deal with it as it comes up in the prelim?" And he held the ultimate card.

He offered to hold a full hearing on their evidentiary concerns sometime in November (and we all know how the courts get in November, with Veterans Day and Thanksgiving cutting into the schedule already). Then he said he'd reschedule the prelim "after that." But I bet you lasagnas that it would end up being January because the court will surely be dark the last week in December and the Judge will surely be tying up loose ends from the several other already ongoing trials he's conducting. The defense attorneys knew that too. So...maybe December, maybe January - the Judge knows it's up to him.

So if the evidence isn't enough to hold Barry for trial on First Degree Murder, Barry can either find out during August (and according to Barry, walk free on August 25th) OR he can walk free sometime in December, January or even February). If charge is reduced to Second Degree, bail could still be significant, given the other charges and the flight risk. None of that is going to happen, IMO.

The defense doesn't want the public to see Barry's face as he reacts to all of this, as he probably looks enraged and very much like a person ready to kill someone.

I keep thinking that Barry is ticked off that he's spending all this money on the lawyers and he's not out of jail yet.

I can't decide whether I think the defense lawyers are simply posturing and being annoying in order to please him, or if they really thought this would work.

First of all, even if some evidence was produce "unconstitutionally," I've always thought the standard remedy was to ban its use, not to reduce charges or grant bail. The law is usually full of direct consequences. But the Judge was of course right.

The defense needed to say specifically which evidence fell into that category and be prepared to bring testimony. Let's say it was Barry's own utterances, which incriminate him (which he made knowingly to LE and in the course of a criminal investigation, of which he was aware and advised). Okay, so the defense needed to say that, and then testimony needed to be heard about the circumstances under which Barry uttered these things and why they are incriminating.

Instead, they had no list of such evidence and still wanted their cookie.

That's because Barry is a very difficult client. He's insisting he's innocent, he's probably insisting he didn't say the things that LE have recorded him saying. He's being framed. So he wants out immediately. This isn't helpful to his attorneys if in fact he was recorded saying those things after being asked if he understood why he was being questioned in a criminal investigation. He denies trying to influence any public officials (five are named in the charges, I believe) and yet, those events are probably recorded or sworn to by those officials (who would have to appear to dispute this). So it would be a little mini-trial (which is what the prelim is).

But Barry demands and Barry gets what he wants, so the lawyers threw together a hasty request which said

1) some of this evidence is unconstitutional (but we don't which evidence it is yet)
2) some of this evidence was given to us later than the Judge said to give it (but we can't say which evidence that is yet)
3) some of this evidence was new evidence! So we didn't have time to read it!!

To this last category, the Judge kindly explained that he had already explained to them that in an investigation, more evidence could be produced at any time and he expected both sides to comply with the law (and share it ASAP - which the prosecution did, said the judge; Judge Murphy said he'd received the new evidence as well).

I felt like he was instructing students in the law. "Bring a list of which evidence, provide testimony as to why it should be thrown out," and certainly not "If you find a problem with some of the evidence, that means your client gets bail!"

Surely the defense lawyers know that. Was this just a ploy to once again mention he is innocent? Dumb, IMO.

To the second category of evidence (late), he said, "Can't we just deal with it as it comes up in the prelim?" And he held the ultimate card.

He offered to hold a full hearing on their evidentiary concerns sometime in November (and we all know how the courts get in November, with Veterans Day and Thanksgiving cutting into the schedule already). Then he said he'd reschedule the prelim "after that." But I bet you lasagnas that it would end up being January because the court will surely be dark the last week in December and the Judge will surely be tying up loose ends from the several other already ongoing trials he's conducting. The defense attorneys knew that too. So...maybe December, maybe January - the Judge knows it's up to him.

So if the evidence isn't enough to hold Barry for trial on First Degree Murder, Barry can either find out during August (and according to Barry, walk free on August 25th) OR he can walk free sometime in December, January or even February). If charge is reduced to Second Degree, bail could still be significant, given the other charges and the flight risk. None of that is going to happen, IMO.

The defense doesn't want the public to see Barry's face as he reacts to all of this, as he probably looks enraged and very much like a person ready to kill someone.
My word this is an excellent post!

Well, let’s see. Dulos went home to take himself out. Technically, BM appears to be homeless. Where would he go? Perhaps he would go to stay with his family. Would he further traumatize his daughters in an act of despair? It would solidify an admission of his guilt in the minds of many people.

I am more inclined to think BM would skip town if given the chance. Possibly be a threat to others involved with the case.

jmo
Is Barry's mother in Salida, possibly at his condo? Where are his daughters, I wonder? Also his sister and nephew might be in Colorado too.

Is Barry's mother in Salida, possibly at his condo? Where are his daughters, I wonder? Also his sister and nephew might be in Colorado too.

No clue, and it would likely be considered sleuthing family if we knew.

Last I saw, BM had a truck packed up and looking to leave the condo. There was evidence tape on the windows. Maybe someone known to him still rents it, who knows?

I want to know whatever became of the human remains found near the property he owned and sold.

“Human remains were later found near a plot of land he owned and sold in February.”

Who is Barry Morphew, man charged with Colorado mom's murder

No clue, and it would likely be considered sleuthing family if we knew.

Last I saw, BM had a truck packed up and looking to leave the condo. There was evidence tape on the windows. Maybe someone known to him still rents it, who knows?

I want to know whatever became of the human remains found near the property he owned and sold.

“Human remains were later found near a plot of land he owned and sold in February.”

Who is Barry Morphew, man charged with Colorado mom's murder
There weren’t any human remains. The Daily Mail took “the possible scent of human remains,” and turned it into “human remains found.”

Other news organizations then ran with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa