Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW So Barry never even knew of an affair!
I don't know if this article has been posted; however, it says that Suzanne and Jeff started to communicate over Linkedin when Barry started to suspect something because of their texting. It also goes into a lot of detail about SM and JL relationship.

It also talks about domestic abuse incidents between Barry and Suzanne. "Sheila also described incidents of domestic violence that included Barry smacking Suzanne into a wall and holding a gun to her head."

Suzanne Morphew had a two-year affair before she vanished, husband Barry's murder trial hears | Daily Mail Online

I think it's likely BM knew of SM's affair. Whether he discovered it himself or she told him herself, that weekend... IMO
Barry could have learned about that affair in any number of ways....the daughters could have discovered it and told him....Barry could have been monitoring electronic communications...One of his friends in Indiana may have picked up on it somehow.....who knows? But these things are very hard to hide permanently.....its a very small world.

That affair must have started not long after the Morphews landed in Colorado...or did it start in Indiana? I think that is important....as there was that talk about Barry and an affair in Indiana, unless I am mistaken.

How would his mom know...who on earth would tell her except Barry.....or possibly one of the daughters.
Pretty sure the thing about his Mom is a social media rumor. JMO

Am I alone in being highly frustrated that someone she was close with, both emotionally and physically, would not come forward? How unbelievably selfish. You think it has a negative impact on your family so you try and erase it? Your actions and cowardly behavior have a negative impact. How could you say you care and then try and disappear the relationship? He is not a POI but certainly a key player in this puzzle. I'm sure his family finding out he tried to erase it all and pretend it never happened instead of accepting responsibility and coming forward to help is worse.

People make mistakes.

This is egregious to me. In the end, this will cost him far more than if he had. come forward to help.

Of course MOO and IMO

We've heard it countless times: the cover up always becomes worse than the indiscretion!

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
Suzanne told Sheila that he would be concerned with Barry's reaction if Sheila sent the spy pen to her house so she said just wait until the Florida trip to give it. Suzanne didn't tell Sheila that she used it, according to Harris.
when was the Florida trip? Do you know month/year?

I agree. If that's the case, it sounds like this guy (IMO) had to have that recording played for him by LE to push him into confirming his identify and affair with SM. He wanted to stay out of this entirely. Kind of wild considering there's zero chance he didn't eventually hear that SM was missing. IMO
Makes one wonder if Jeff knew that Suzanne was recording stuff.....I mean...5 hours is no small thing....did that guy know he was being recorded?

Is there a distinction between 1. No blood found in the house and 2. Luminol or other methods turned up the prior presence of blood or dna? Which had previously been ‘cleaned up’
I think any blood found would be significant whether luminol was used or not. Apparently no blood was found in the house that we've heard of. I've always thought Barry strangled or drowned Suzanne but I don't know what physical evidence they have that proves she is deceased.

Suzanne told Sheila that he would be concerned with Barry's reaction if Sheila sent the spy pen to her house so she said just wait until the Florida trip to give it. Suzanne didn't tell Sheila that she used it, according to Harris.
Wow. This to me is frightening. Not that the entire case isn’t, but this goes to show she’s so terrified of him, she couldn’t receive a package without being questioned. Even reboxed/disguised…..you could easily explain a pen and a journal for instance. What a sad, sad existence for her.

Last edited:
Agent Harris testifies that Barry Morphew said he was not aware of his wife's affair. “Mr. Morphew has told us he did not know about it. He did say at some point he was suspicious of potentially an emotional affair, but not a physical affair. There are some questions about that."

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1424837739204145153?s=21

The bike is navy with light blue pedals. "Something is up with the front tire," the deputy said. The deputy brought the tire back up to the county road without gloves.

I’m 20 pages behind and scrambling to catch up.

A WS member early on suggested that maybe the front tire of the bike had the little clip thingie on it that keeps the wheel from spinning when the bike is being transported on an exterior vehicle rack.

SUZANNE couldn’t have been riding the bike with that clip on the front wheel.

rsbm so I’d have the member’s name.

THANK YOU, kshultz06082, for the media Twitter list!! Makes it absolutely easy to follow the media tweets for this non-Twitter user. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member