Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That affair must have started not long after the Morphews landed in Colorado...or did it start in Indiana? I think that is important....as there was that talk about Barry and an affair in Indiana, unless I am mistaken.
Not sure Scootie 98. It was Melinda Moorman who suggested there was infidelity in Indiana. I think our minds naturally suspected Barry and it was Suzanne. UNLESS they were both having an affair, and Suzanne kept hers a secret from her sister.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does this sounds like a Hitchcock movie? Secret affair, meeting all over the country, Spy Pen that seems to capture the most interesting things. I mean it's in his truck, where it picks up the bike forensic pod cast, and then apparently captures both sides of phone conversations. And then the pen that has done all of this is found in a closet? There must be a whole lot more to come, because I'm shocked the defense hasn't suggested that she's in hiding and framing BM. This all has been so unexpected and bizarre.

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
Suzanne would also delete messages on What's Up App as well during their relationship.

Special Agents flew to Michigan to interview Libler. He hadn't come forward before investigators found the spy pen. He claimed his phone had been destroyed shortly after Suzanne went missing. He deleted all of the secret accounts after she went missing on What's Up App.
Of course he did.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

or we can just recognize that a woman was likely broken down over decades (not her fault) and anything newer, fresher seemed appealing. That’s how it goes sometimes, from what I’ve seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RussellHaythorn
Defense argues FBI hasn't interviewed anyone connected to man Suzanne was having an affair with, JL. Defense: Mr. L's daughter and brother knew about affair, but have never been interviewed by FBI. Defense appears to be introducing possibility of alternate suspects.

5:49 PM · Aug 9, 2021·Twitter Web App

Edited: Changed to initials

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 6m
Leibler told investigators he wanted to delete his account so it wouldn't hinder #SuzanneMorphew legacy because she was having an affair. Also says he did it to protect himself.
@KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 7m
SA Harris notes the two had a tendency to delete their messages on WhatsApp after they were done talking. He did say Jeff deleted his LinkedIn account after #SuzanneMorphew went missing.

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 9m
Eytan says #SuzanneMorphew was creating secret accounts and says the secret spy pen lead to her secret affair. She says investigators called Jeff in Nov 2020. She says Jeff never came forward about Suzanne, claims his phone was destroyed that had conversations with her
How could JL believe that in this day and age he wouldn’t get found out eventually?! Like honestly it’s ridiculous to think that he wouldn’t be found out!

I don't know if this article has been posted; however, it says that Suzanne and Jeff started to communicate over Linkedin when Barry started to suspect something because of their texting. It also goes into a lot of detail about SM and JL relationship.

It also talks about domestic abuse incidents between Barry and Suzanne. "Sheila also described incidents of domestic violence that included Barry smacking Suzanne into a wall and holding a gun to her head."

Suzanne Morphew had a two-year affair before she vanished, husband Barry's murder trial hears | Daily Mail Online

Two local reporters heard it as "held a gun to his head," and I think it's an important distinction.

I'm waiting to hear from two more reporters, but the first person to say it was her head has now tweeted a retraction.

Not sure Scootie 98. It was Melinda Moorman who mentioned there was infidelity in Indiana. I think our minds naturally suspected Barry and it was Suzanne. UNLESS they were both having an affair, and Suzanne kept hers a secret from her sister.
FBI Agent said Suzanne's sister nor any of her friends knew about the affair.

Possibly - although I think the FBI can tell whether the doors were opened simultaneously. Sure, if you think that BM would take the chance of strapping his dead wife into the passenger's seat of a vehicle and risk the body moving in very unlife-like ways during a road trip, that could have happened.

Which would mean she was killed at home in between her last convo with JL and about 5 minutes before that door opened on the passenger side.

At any rate, it's the next time that door opens that's interesting (because apparently, LE doesn't believe that next time can be certainly a living Suzanne.

So, as bizarre as it sounds, you could be right. I have to say that if that happened, I'm shocked - but if Barry really did stop at the sandwich shop next, in Poncha, with Suzanne propped up in the truck, oh my!

(But at this point...I can't really be shocked).
He was seen at Poncha Market on Tuesday May 12.

One of Libler's daughters found out about him speaking with Suzanne and told her older brothers and Uncle. Suzanne and Libler paused their relationship for a while but then got back to communication in Christmas of 2019.

She had used her dads phone to order pizza and found the messages from Suzanne.

Defense argues FBI hasn't interviewed anyone connected to man Suzanne was having an affair with, Jeff Libler. Defense: Mr. Libler's daughter and brother knew about affair, but have never been interviewed by FBI. Defense appears to be introducing possibility of alternate suspects.

https://twitter.com/RussellHaythorn/status/1424850415296802832?s=20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member