Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barry is not convicted of this crime, then all of that money will be his, and any daughter or daughters that did not support him will not enjoy any of this money. I wonder if that plays into their loyalty towards him? I'm not saying they're bad people because of this, because money makes the world go round and we all need it. I've often thought that these kind of financial considerations are at play a lot more than the general public realizes when we look at these trials. If a family has money and it doesn't all go towards the defense, whoever supported the person on trial might inherit it. I, for one, hope that all of the money is depleted by Barry's defense, so that even if he gets off, he doesn't get what he ultimately wanted by killing Suzanne. And if the daughters support him through all of this, well then I guess they get to all hang out together on a landscapers salary and enjoy each other's company.
Another option would be for the older daughter to get a job since she has graduated from college and make her own way in the world like most of us have done.

The younger daughter has lots of extended family that would probably help her pay for college. If not, there are tons of ways to get a college education. If she doesn't apply for scholarships, financial aid and student loans, she can work for Target or Walmart and get a free college education. Hopefully, she doesn't put off going to college.

It is my hope that these girls move forward in their lives no matter how hard it may be. It's very unfortunate that their father is on trial for the murder of their mother. However, they have no control over what happens and will have to forge their own paths in life.

JMO.

If Barry is not convicted of this crime, then all of that money will be his, and any daughter or daughters that did not support him will not enjoy any of this money. I wonder if that plays into their loyalty towards him? I'm not saying they're bad people because of this, because money makes the world go round and we all need it. I've often thought that these kind of financial considerations are at play a lot more than the general public realizes when we look at these trials. If a family has money and it doesn't all go towards the defense, whoever supported the person on trial might inherit it. I, for one, hope that all of the money is depleted by Barry's defense, so that even if he gets off, he doesn't get what he ultimately wanted by killing Suzanne. And if the daughters support him through all of this, well then I guess they get to all hang out together on a landscapers salary and enjoy each other's company.
Another option would be for the older daughter to get a job since she has graduated from college and make her own way in the world like most of us have done.

The younger daughter has lots of extended family that would probably help her pay for college. If not, there are tons of ways to get a college education. If she doesn't apply for scholarships, financial aid and student loans, she can work for Target or Walmart and get a free college education. Hopefully, she doesn't put off continuing her education.

It is my hope that these girls move forward in their lives no matter how hard it may be. It's very unfortunate that their father is on trial for the murder of their mother. However, they have no control over what happens and will have to forge their own paths in life.

JMO.

It was teal, not turquoise as I posted earlier, something dark colored and a light blue bag. He also had his hiking boots. He brought them into the hotel room. What he did then is anybody's guess.
He took out the sustainable shoelaces. Waste not want not. He had enough garbage to get rid of.
See, nobody understands him.

I guess that's why the police were requesting anyone who had communicated with Suzanne using various apps to come forward and talk to them. They had his voice. Yet, he was a coward and waited until they found him. Nice guy...NOT...

I actually think that I could accept the affair if he had done the honorable thing and called the police. I really don't know how he can live with himself.

Of course, I feel certain that he is telling his wife that he was just trying to protect her and the children when in actuality he was just trying to protect himself.

JMO.

Himself, his reputation, his family and job. It would have been ruined either way, whether he’d come out or not. But I think that had he come out and been cleared at the very beginning, or managed to stay undercover, the case against BM would have been stronger. Had he come out immediately, the case would have had another spin, had he never come out, many would have had their idealized version of Suzanne. Yesterday, it became a shocking discovery. And in this, there is some moral guilt of JL, although I still believe that many a man would be scared of such a street bully and lout as BM.

Last edited:
LOL! I'm sorry, but that is hilarious. I love the description of him crossing his arms. What a freak. I love that his daughters are hearing what a weirdo their father is. Maybe they'll realize he's not Mr Perfect. But, as the defense will say, Suzanne was probably the person doing those searches.

Highly likely that the Defense will assert that those searches could have been done by anyone. I'm not sure that there is a way to to prove who actually did the searching? Web searches are probably one of the easiest pieces of evidence to instruct a jury to disregard. MOO

SM could have very easily been the one who did the searches because she was looking on websites to see if her husband had been interacting in any way on them, did he have a profile on Ashely Madison?

SM was actively looking for proof of something, she bought a Spy Pen to record BM, she did that to get some tangible proof that he was up to something, something that she could use to make it okay for her to leave her marriage.

Despite what a some might say, leaving a marriage can be very difficult. I've been there.

MOO

Highly likely that the Defense will assert that those searches could have been done by anyone. I'm not sure that there is a way to to prove who actually did the searching? Web searches are probably one of the easiest pieces of evidence to instruct a jury to disregard. MOO

SM could have very easily been the one who did the searches because she was looking on websites to see if her husband had been interacting in any way on them, did he have a profile on Ashely Madison?

SM was actively looking for proof of something, she bought a Spy Pen to record BM, she did that to get some tangible proof that he was up to something, something that she could use to make it okay for her to leave her marriage.

Despite what a some might say, leaving a marriage can be very difficult. I've been there.

MOO

And now we see one more reason to stay in an unhappy marriage. Ironically, I used it as an example, so many times, and now I see the scenario IRL: health insurance.

I feel very sorry for Suzanne. If she were not tired of him before her illness, she surely was after. But BM had a business, allowing him to buy a group health insurance. For Suzanne, twice cancer survivor, it must have played a huge role. Who’d blame her?

Could someone point me to the link that the pen was not found until November 2020?
^^rsbm

According to statements by LS on her recap of Monday's hearing, the spy pen was located in SM's closet sometime in June 2020. She also indicated that LE had no knowledge of the spy pen until SO brought it to their attention.

Nothing hurts more than your partner leaving you for a previous burn.....

ouch.

Barry can play it as cool as he thinks he is about it all....but I ain't buying it.

Suzanne's death tells us exactly how he felt about it.

This happened to a close friend of mine.
He lost his mind in jealousy over her (long suffering too) leaving him for a previous lover.

She's dead too. Same same :(

moo

Lauren Recap Continued:

Backtracking to day one, deputy asked Barry if Suzanne was an avid biker. Barry told him that she had just started. This wasn’t what Barry told Lauren. He said she would bike every day.

Judge knows he’s being played by defense. Reminded them this isn’t a trial. Defense admitted they took too much time.

State is way behind thanks to them.

Lauren is very familiar with the area around the Holiday Inn where Barry stayed. She had heard early on that CBI was active there. Barry parked on only side where there were no cameras.

Moorman’s supposed to be in attendance during next part of preliminary in 2 weeks.

Barry acknowledged Lauren’s attendance. Stared her down in court.

Sarah stared him down too. Lol. [they know what he is]

Tree bucket was maybe a foot radius (thrown in trash with camo jacket).

Defense attorneys were struggling with organization which delayed things. Not everything was as organized as it should have been.

Reporters don’t think there’s enough probable cause yet. There is still a lot of witness testimony to go along with what’s been presented. So much more evidence we haven’t heard. Don’t know how Suzanne died yet, and they haven’t proven her death.

Barry was very familiar with hotel cameras. Told Lauren to go check footage, which she can’t just go and ask for. Doesn’t work like that.

Thanks so much for this @MassGuy
Of course he was familiar with the cameras at the hotel. IMO, he'd been scoping out cameras all over the place.
I do believe this was all premeditated. Every step of the way. I wonder if they have his truck data reaching back a few weeks or months.
Might've gotten the idea from the first time the did (shoddy) work on that wall.
No cameras in the rear. I'd like to see testimony from his friend that got him that job, but that's beside the point.
He had to have disposed of Suzanne (I do not relish typing that) before or during the dumpster dropping trip. There are at least 3 hours unaccounted for.
What he threw out had to be evidence in some way. I'm at a loss, other than the clothes she was wearing and any dna contaminated items what could require 6 stops at various dumpsters/garbage cans/whatever?
Couldn't just be rags. He had a ton of stuff to dump. I don't even want to say what else would be necessary to leave in so many different places and that would be crazy as it leaves too many opportunities of discovery - or maybe I'm overthinking it.
Any ideas of what he was he disposing of? Anyone?
I've also toyed with the idea that he wasn't alone. I know that's not probable and the stop at the bus stop was most likely just to dump more of whatever he was dumping but what if he did pick someone up somewhere along the way.
When the data showed that both doors were opened, not once but twice (could've been three times or more, my laptop was having a nervous breakdown today), I had to wonder if two people were getting out of the truck.
Then again, it just might've been more convenient to open the other side to dispose of whatever. Just a thought.
Back to what I originally asked, what was he all throwing out in these receptacles?
I'm actually glad that we have two weeks to recuperate.

Last edited:
All those trash dumps and a visit to a car wash, and the first witness yesterday said:

Back on the record, Commander Andrew Walker is still on the stand. Now speaking about Barry Morphew's truck. His truck was messy both in the cab and in the bed. A search warrant was issued on May 12, 2020.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1424771320785559561?s=21
He couldn't throw away any of his trash with the incriminating stuff. If he had thrown away a coffee cup with her teal bike shirt, we'd be laughing our butts off.

Nothing hurts more than your partner leaving you for a previous burn.....

ouch.

Barry can play it as cool as he thinks he is about it all....but I ain't buying it.

Suzanne's death tells us exactly how he felt about it.

This happened to a close friend of mine.
He lost his mind in jealousy over her (long suffering too) leaving him for a previous lover.

She's dead too. Same same :(

moo
Sounds like two psychopaths to me. Sorry about your loss, really.
Mental illness is much more common than most people know or would care to believe.

Last edited:

MOO

This! I remember when I went through my divorce, I put a profile on seekingarrangement to trap my husband (long story)...then I installed an SMS tracker on his phone while he was sleeping. WOWOWOWOW!! What a wake-up call that was to discover his sordid, double life behind my back. I ran to my divorce attorney, made a clean cut.

And now we see one more reason to stay in an unhappy marriage. Ironically, I used it as an example, so many times, and now I see the scenario IRL: health insurance.

I feel very sorry for Suzanne. If she were not tired of him before her illness, she surely was after. But BM had a business, allowing him to buy a group health insurance. For Suzanne, twice cancer survivor, it must have played a huge role. Who’d blame her?
Barry had such a small business, though, so wouldn't the health insurance have been extremely expensive, especially when compared to State health insurance from being a public school teacher? I'm a teacher and we have excellent plans. Right now, I can cover a family of four for three or four hundred bucks a month. Yes this is the plan with the high deductible, but in 10 years we've never once come close to using it. If I don't want that plan, I have access to three or four other ones with a bigger monthly payment but smaller deductible. Barry saying that is a) stupid and b) cruel. Teaching jobs are available all over the place, and SM had friends and family and job contacts back in indiana. She would not have been denied entry into a cheap, excellent state health plan, no matter her health. I completely agree with what you have to say though regarding other women who may not have a career or state or federal health insurance to fall back on. That's terribly unfortunate.

I think people should stop saying that Barry didn't have an affair but Suzanne did and replace it with "Barry didn't have a long-term affair, but it seems obvious that he was on the hunt for prostitutes when he did searches regarding cute girls in the area, and we may never know how many he saw." He was on the road a lot, so it would have been easy for him to grab burner phones in any gas station, do searches, make phone calls, then throw those phones away.

I do think he probably did have affairs too, because Suzanne alluded to this when she said "whatever it is you've been doing all these years." She may also have mentioned these affairs to one of her friends that we haven't heard from yet. A woman knows.

Unfortunately for Suzanne, a long-term affair using current technology is much easier to discover than prostitution which can be done in a much more clandestine way.

Sounds like two psychopaths to me. Sorry about your loss, really.
Mental illness is much more common than most people know.
thanks mary x

yes these women KNOW what they are up against but we all have a threshold and letting them know your outta there as much as you might need to say it...You just can't :(

Be gone....then tell them.
That is the power we have to keep putting it out there so its just a natural thought process for women to take.

There has to be something to take away from these tragedies.
Both these beautiful women I speak of were doing all the right things...just one crucial mistake.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member