Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2020 Text Messages
  • "I’m done. I could care less about what you’ve been up to for years. We need to figure this out civilly," Suzanne wrote in a text message to Barry on May 6, 2020, days before vanishing.
  • "I promise you, you are wrong about all the crazy thoughts about me," Barry responded to his wife. "Why would I want another, only a fool would stray from an angel like you."
  • Harris said on the same day that Suzanne and Barry clashed over cheating allegations, May 6, Barry also sent his wife messages about suicide. "Going to see my savior. This life on earth is a mear grain of sand compared to eternity," Barry texted Suzanne on May 6, FOX21 News reports.
May 6th was also the day Bridget Bulker ran into Barry & Suzanne out for an evening stroll. She was the cleaning person who was putting trash in the dumpster, they stopped to question who she was.

How do you go from that kind of a text exchange, to an evening stroll? I guess that's why Suzanne said she just needs "peace".

Besides the text Suzanne sent Melinda on Friday. Do we have anything else for Thursday & Friday, May 7th & 8th?

Yes - I didn't realize it was on the 6th when they encountered the cleaning person at the dumpster!

May 6- SM tells BM she's done;

May 7 - SM drafts '50 reasons' why she wants out; as expected, BM begins love bombing SM w/texts;

May 8 - SM made contact with her sister - dropping the bomb; BM allegedly works late at the Riverfront house; SM has pizza and looks at homes for sale; SM is still standing strong - feeling empowered. I believe SM had already moved to Mallory's bed since the bed was unoccupied. I don't think her phone charger was plugged in the master bedroom.

May 9 - BM reaches out first - invites SM to go on a hike, SM makes a "civil" gesture by inquiring if BM wants her to meet him; one or the other suggests changing the snow tires on her RR; Since BM incorrectly believes that SM is starting to crumble, he simply stops the mutual exchange of ideas with SM and says he's coming home. (BM sent MG home early - he's taking the rest of the day off to "make the wife happy"). SM asks BM to get the spa (hot tub) supplies.

SM prepared vegetable stew - BM alleges they had lunch together at 11:30 AM.

MOO

ETA: Another thought about BM reaching out to SM, allegedly to "make the wife happy" - I think this was typical BM still trying to manipulate SM when she was standing firm, only engaging to be civil. I don't believe BM ever had any intention of spending time with SM because he had an appointment to have the blade changed on the bobcat. I understand there was testimony that this appointment was booked far in advance. Just another facade by BM! MOO

Last edited:
These two times were listed as early am 5/9, not 5/10. So if that's correct, SM was still alive. Still odd IMO to have a 3am phone call -- but if (speculation) she'd been texting with someone (like maybe JL) and so knew they were up... maybe they snuck in a quick call while their spouses were sleeping?

All MOO
Some of the tweeters have errors. LS has Suzannes phone making an OG call 2:53 am 5/10.

Question: I never realized that Suzanne continued chemo. But JL wished her good luck with this? On Monday (she never showed up). If so, she could have had some access, a port or an IV?

The dart is also a syringe I assume? Is it possible to kill someone through air embolism via an IV access? There should be a lock, but still. The dart looks like a big syringe.

Then, essentially, minimal traces.

P.S. if you fill it with air only, it will discharge it under pressure; I think, if there is a venous access, there is a way to create air embolism.

Last edited:
Ha,
But a lot of phones have # of steps. That's how they busted Ashley Macarthur, Great case out of Pensacola. My phone lies to me and said I had 18 steps,
when I know I haven't done jack squat all day. I think that type or kind of data is going to come into play. It seems SM had a smart watch.
IMO
Taylor Wright missing was the reason I joined Websleuths. AM was truly evil and I was so glad to see her caught and put away. Excellent work by LE on that case. JMO

Question: I never realized that Suzanne continued chemo. But JL wished her good luck with this? On Monday (she never showed up). If so, she could have had some access, a port or an IV?

The dart is also a syringe I assume? Is it possible to kill someone through air embolism via an IV access? There should be a lock, but still. The dart looks like a big syringe.

P.S. if you fill it with air only, it will discharge it under pressure; I think, if there is a venous access, there is a way to create air embolism.

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

Suzanne, a strong woman on many levels, overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma twice. Once before her children were born, and again as the Morphew family moved to Colorado. The family says they celebrated her last cancer treatment on October 1, 2019.

Suzanne was so happy on the day of her last treatment. She was still coming in for maintenance treatments, but the chemo was done and she was doing great. She was supposed to come in for her maintenance the Monday after Mother’s day, but of course, did not show up. She was a bright light in this world. I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.

Hmmmm. What was he doing there that day?

Yes, according to preliminary hearing. He was at Tail Winds at 11:00 am on Saturday. He was home at 11:30. It takes about 12 minutes to get home from there. What was he doing for the other 18 minutes?
Note: It is about 5 miles from the Salida dig/job site where he was with MG that morning and 1 minute from the Poncha Market. Don’t know if that means anything. Yet.

Poncha Springs unanimously approves Tailwind subdivision

The subdivision is a 27.5-acre lot, which will be divided into 68 lots, on the east side of Poncha Springs Lane to the south of U.S. 50.

The breakdown of the area will include 8.62 acres of commercial lots, 2.76 acres of multi-family units (duplexes and townhouses) and 9.9 acres of detached single-family lots.

I believe BM was supposed to look at a commercial job in the subdivision - the business named earlier(?)

I believe the daughters moved to Tailwind immediately after SM vanished. BM followed shortly behind. BM was said to be working and living at the development when he was arrested. His equipment was certainly mobilized at the site and equipment/tool trailers were all within his view.

MOO

I’m not the OP, but I’m going to take a guess what the OP is theorizing. BM may have attacked and killed SM, then sent an old photo of her to JL. This theory would mean some of the texts from earlier Saturday may have been faked or spoofed, and it would get messy with the timeline and car GPS data of BM coming home at 2:44 PM, though.

So, I think it’s very unlikely that he did what I describe above, but it’s a theory that I think a few of us have considered, but later dismissed due to vehicle data.

jmo
Thanks, @steeltowngirl for your response.

My position is that the prosecutor specifically referenced this exhibit (sunbathing photo), admitted evidence during the preliminary, as "SM's final, proof of life."

This is a very significant claim where I believe the DA would have verified this to be true. There is only one, final proof of life! Kind of like your last breath. You can't fake it. :)

EBM. Thanks @303gmf for the info that this only applies to Fremont County, not Chaffee County where BM is held and will be tried should it go to trial.

Attorney and YouTube blogger Scott Reisch tweeted this at 2:00 p.m. today 10 hours ago and I asked him if he means that it’s BM’s Defense or some other cases. I asked if there was a press release or an article I can reference. So far I haven’t heard back from him.

https://twitter.com/crimetalkpod/status/1425909510862893058?s=21

District Attorney overseeing the #BarryMorphew case Linda Stanley says the office will no longer show up for court on Mondays for the rest of the year.
"We need an office day to resolve cases" says Stanley.

https://twitter.com/crimetalkpod/status/1425909648649973761?s=21

Defense attorneys are saying she is not doing the job she was elected to do, but Stanley says it is well within her rights.
"The people have a duty to prosecute cases" says one defense attorney.

Last edited:

Reportedly, SM's last chemo treatment was Oct 2019. The appointment scheduled for May 11, 2020 was SM's 6 month cancer check- up post treatment.

Attorney and YouTube blogger Scott Reisch tweeted this at 2:00 p.m. today 10 hours ago and I asked him if he means that it’s BM’s Defense or some other cases. I asked if there was a press release or an article I can reference. So far I haven’t heard back from him.

District Attorney overseeing the #BarryMorphew case Linda Stanley says the office will no longer show up for court on Mondays for the rest of the year.

Defense attorneys are saying she is not doing the job she was elected to do, but Stanley says it is well within her rights.
I spotted the article yesterday, it’s Fremont County only

A lot has happened recently, but my heart is sinking and I am not eyeing the ‘smoking gun’ first degree murder charge. I hope the prosecutor has a lot more information. I really hope that MG testifies.

I never felt that they had a smoking gun, or they would have arrested him much sooner. The prosecution will put this together just like a jigsaw puzzle.. While one piece of the puzzle may not be very helpful by itself, when all the pieces are put together the picture will become clear IMO.

A lot has happened recently, but my heart is sinking and I am not eyeing the ‘smoking gun’ first degree murder charge. I hope the prosecutor has a lot more information. I really hope that MG testifies.
Keep the faith! I felt like that too at times watching the hearing.But we have to remind ourselves that this is not the trial. This is a hearing to convince one person only.. the Judge .. that he should decide that the case goes to trial and whether the accused should be granted bail. And we are only half way through this hearing. The State has only been able to call 3 out of 8 witnesses because the Defense has been going over their time limits. Defense has been asking questions of the FBI agent concerning cell phone analysis trying to make it look like that data is weak. That is not his area of expertise and I’m sure they have an expert lined up. They don’t have to show all their cards until trial. I’m feeling pretty convinced that the Prosecution has plenty of evidence to prove that
BM is guilty of all charges. JMO

@Cindizzi, I read about this issue last week, and IMO, the reporting is much to do about nothing -- spearheaded by political opponents of DA Stanley (an elected position). This has no effect on the Morphew case.

In addition to the Chaffee County District Court (Salida, CO), the 11th Judicial District also includes the Courts of Custer County (Westcliffe, CO), Fremont County (Canon City, CO), and Park County (Fairplay, CO).

While the 11th District is a cluster of small counties, there is nothing small about the miles between each court and/or the task of managing the court calendar for each of these counties.

In recognition of the logistics of District 11, there is not one Judge in Chaffee, Custer, Park, or Fremont County with the exception of Judge Ramsey Lama in Canon City that wants to schedule hearings in his court on Monday.

While DA Stanley made it clear that every county court under her jurisdiction including Fremont has been seriously impacted by COVID backup, and it's not the appropriate time for Judge Lama to want to force his judicial housekeeping calendar (i.e., sentencing, status hearing, etc.) on Monday when his fellow officers of every court in the district have long held Monday as their day in Chambers.

The headlines here are definitely misrepresenting the facts, and this issue has no effect on the Morphew trial. MOO

Colorado Judicial Branch - 11th Judicial District - Homepage

I remember at the Christian Rivera trial (Mollie Tibbetts) that her cell phone was moving at the speed of a jogger that evening. Then in an instant it shot to 30mph. This is when LE knew the moment of abduction.

One of the tweets from the other day, to me, gives a similar clue:

"Grusing showed a map of is cell phone pings around the house stating that they were all over the outside of the house, indicating he was chasing Suzanne while she was still conscious."

My guess is the speed of the phone's gps excellerated. Hers too if she still had it in her hands.

We were not given detailed gps actions at the prelim hearing, but I bet they give a very large scope of how things happened.

Down to the moment she collapsed...and where.

Another tweet about Grusing:

"In 10 interviews with Barry, the only thing we could get him to move on was his tranquilizer material from his garage… he couldn’t say which trash run they were disposed in."

That's interesting-- the tranquilizer material had been from the garage.

One more clue.

Last edited:

I've been following and I'm also not seeing the smoking gun that I expected to see. IMO. I'm becoming quite perplexed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann