Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I earlier characterized E$N as attempting to help BM "beat the rap".

Some sleuthers were offended by that characterization.

Now that we have gone thru half the PH, does the characterization that they are trying to help him "beat the rap" sound more or less appropriate?
As defense attorneys, it’s their job to help him “beat the rap.” The only question all along is what their defense strategy would be:

Gone girl

Someone else dun it

It’s been a mix of both thus far.

I can see someone being distressed after one's spouse says 'they're done'. Distress isn't psychosis. BM is severely mentally ill. He killed her. He hasn't plead not guilty due to temporary insanity. He hasn't admitted to killing her.
He was stalking her. His putting his phone on airplane mode had more to do with Suzanne not knowing where he was due to the fact he WAS watching her, not her wondering who he was with, that's horse manure.
He had his phone disabled in order to kill her and hide her body.
It all comes down to common sense. Every last bit of it.
Just my honest opinion.
#JusticeForSuzanne
Kabam! Man I luv this post!!

I think we’re all here twiddling our thumbs until Monday, chomping at the bit for a few more morsels to chew on.
In the meantime, I’m picking through some of the known bits to see if any of our theories become clearer. One thing that has me curious is the 9:25 pm backup of 95 feet or so of BM’s truck in the driveway at PP on 5/9.
I’ve played around with that a bit. It is about 95 ft from the area of BM’s 3 car garage or the front door of their home to the open area at the top of their driveway. (These are inexact measurements using Google maps.)
It appears from the way that the trailer is parked in the aerial news footage, that BM bears left as he comes into the driveway and pulls behind the trees that are planted in the driveway, probably to act as a screen for his equipment. See first photo below.
Next, he can leave his truck there or drop the trailer and pull the truck either to the side of the house facing the driveway or go up to the garage. If he drove up to the garage when he arrived home at 2:44 pm, it has been speculated that he backed out at 9:25 pm so he could take the old RR with no gps to dispose of SM or evidence. Scenario #1. My issue with this is if you have that 3 car garage and parking pad, you shouldn’t have to back up 95 feet to move out one of your other vehicles.
The other possibilibility is that he left the truck by the side of the house at 2:44 pm and backed up to the garage or front door at 9:25 pm to begin loading the body or evidence. Scenario #2
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 08DE6A6F-C6CC-4F87-B467-876736055B49.jpeg
    08DE6A6F-C6CC-4F87-B467-876736055B49.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 102
  • FF778070-DB73-4D4F-B5EE-1993A9EBE5B5.jpeg
    FF778070-DB73-4D4F-B5EE-1993A9EBE5B5.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 108
  • FD23708D-86B4-4127-BDF8-B45DFF4DB776.jpeg
    FD23708D-86B4-4127-BDF8-B45DFF4DB776.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 87
As defense attorneys, it’s their job to help him “beat the rap.” The only question all along is what their defense strategy would be:

Gone girl

Someone else dun it

I was wondering why BM was bent with MG to bring along JP, at the last minute. You know his Company, Crew, and Workers.
Bleach at house? Ok through off the cadaver dogs.
I guess JP's first task that day was to remove the muck and replace with sand at the beach?
Chlorine at the hotel.
I think he might have been trying to set up JP. Maybe. IMO long shot.

Thanks, @Seattle1. I tend to agree with you. Trying to nail it down is frustrating with so many bits missing.
The defense was trying to poo poo that 4:23 ping from the tower insisting that tower was the one that would be pinged from PP and the cell phone was probably home. What we haven’t found out is if all the othe instances we have where the phone is supposed to be home, did those ping off the Poncha tower, too?
Highly likely as that is the tower that most often serves Maysville. The triangulation will probably be discussed at some point as this case progresses.

I was wondering why BM was bent with MG to bring along JP, at the last minute. You know his Company, Crew, and Workers.
Bleach at house? Ok through off the cadaver dogs.
I guess JP's first task that day was to remove the muck and replace with sand at the beach?
Chlorine at the hotel.
I think he might have been trying to set up JP. Maybe. IMO long shot.
The bleach should come up next week if there is relevance. That is one—was it in the home was it in the hotel—that everyone is interested in…

I think we’re all here twiddling our thumbs until Monday, chomping at the bit for a few more morsels to chew on.
In the meantime, I’m picking through some of the known bits to see if any of our theories become clearer. One thing that has me curious is the 9:25 pm backup of 95 feet or so of BM’s truck in the driveway at PP on 5/9.
I’ve played around with that a bit. It is about 95 ft from the area of BM’s 3 car garage or the front door of their home to the open area at the top of their driveway. (These are inexact measurements using Google maps.)
It appears from the way that the trailer is parked in the aerial news footage, that BM bears left as he comes into the driveway and pulls behind the trees that are planted in the driveway, probably to act as a screen for his equipment. See first photo below.
Next, he can leave his truck there or drop the trailer and pull the truck either to the side of the house facing the driveway or go up to the garage. If he drove up to the garage when he arrived home at 2:44 pm, it has been speculated that he backed out at 9:25 pm so he could take the old RR with no gps to dispose of SM or evidence. Scenario #1. My issue with this is if you have that 3 car garage and parking pad, you shouldn’t have to back up 95 feet to move out one of your other vehicles.
The other possibilibility is that he left the truck by the side of the house at 2:44 pm and backed up to the garage or front door at 9:25 pm to begin loading the body or evidence. Scenario #2
Any thoughts?
I think he pulled with the trailer and skid steer and pulled out and back to remove the trailer and situate since he wasn’t bringing it to Broomfield. I also wonder if the investigator implied the total footage was in a straight line… I am thinking not.

Any thoughts?

Great maps. Parking that trailer in the usual spot doesn't seem very "covert". I had assumed BM was sneaking up on Suzanne. Any possibility of marking Suzanne's position? I think some clever sleuths hypothesized that based on shadows at that time of day in May 2020.

Any thoughts?
If Suzanne was on the patio, wouldn't she notice him dropping the trailer? Wasn't his plan assumed to be a sneak attack?

ETA: I see @DellaC beat me to it!

Any thoughts?

I liked your first thought, mentioned further back in the threads, that he may have been blocking the driveway.

I think this may have been the case due to his roaming around by the river for an hour much earlier, perhaps making absolutely sure that no-one was around prior to committing murder.
And then perhaps blocking his driveway later, to ensure that no-one arrived (daughters coming home early for Mothers Day, someone else popping by) while he was thoroughly cleaning, washing clothes, etc.

I think he might have been taking great precautions to make sure he wasn't caught in the act(s).

Any thoughts?
After SM was reported missing, aerial video showed crime tape attached to the Bobcat in the Morphew's driveway. The Bobcat had been unloaded from the trailer. Why would BM bother to unloaded the Bobcat from the trailer?

JMO

If Suzanne was on the patio, wouldn't she notice him dropping the trailer? Wasn't his plan assumed to be a sneak attack?

If he popped up with a gun and there was a chase, she thought that he was going to shoot her. But, if he snuck shot her with a dart, the first thing that she is going to do
is remove the dart out of her body at look to see what it was. she's not a Buffalo. When she saw this dart, she realized what it was an Indiana Deer Farm Dart. So she knew what her fate was. That's why I don't want to think about it. IMO

Last edited:
Any thoughts?

I like where you are going with this. Of note, twilight ended at 8:34pm on May 10, 2020. So 9:00pm is when it would first be dark.

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/salida-co/2020/5

But if he loaded the body in the truck at that time, where does the truck GPS data lead after 9pm?

If she was on a chaise, the chaises were closer to the garage, not on the main patio.

After SM was reported missing, aerial video showed crime tape attached to the Bobcat in the Morphew's driveway. The Bobcat had been unloaded from the trailer. Why would BM bother to unloaded the Bobcat from the trailer?

JMO
The bobcat is parked so weird in the video footage. Why not just drive it straight off and leave it?

Any thoughts?

One more thought after looking at your pics. Could BM have blocked the exit (via car) from the garage with his truck and then later moved his truck out of the way?

The rational being to block exit from the garage so that if something didn’t go according to plan, SM couldn’t pull her car out of the garage and leave?

It seems like he could park horizontally just before the garage, block anyone from leaving the garage via car. Then later back his truck up in a non linear fashion (95 ft) to where the trailer & bobcat were left.

You also kill two birds with one stone on this theory. First, you block SM from fleeing if something goes wrong and second, you open up the space to back out the old Range Rover later.

Last edited:

Gone girl

Someone else dun it

Agree, and MOO they have been kind of floating them both to see which one seems to sound better.

A gone Floozy with a man so wealthy and powerful he can buy her a new identity, even up to getting her a new medical identity and history for maintenance chemo.
Tossing her bike and helmet on her way out.

Or some other dude drove in as he drove out, grabbed her bike and helmet and tossed them as he left with her.

Or some one grabbed her on the road after she first missed church on Zoom, then went biking without her phone, her Camelback or sunglasses (reportedly to place she would not have biked.)

Any thoughts?
When they refer to him having "backed up" is that because the computer showed the truck was in reverse? If, when he came home he backed into the side by where the driveway narrows , effectively blocking to the path to the garage area, is it possible that "backed up" actually meant moving closer to the garage rather than away from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onapick