Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I believe that if you search for 300, it will show you where 300 would be. If you go to the county property search website, and search for 330 West Sackett an LLC which owns the Absolute Bikes building will show up. Click on "MAPS" and every property in the area will show up. Click on any one and the owner of record will come up with the property information for that lot. I think you are definitely looking in an area that could be informative.
I personally recommend going back to the Absolute Bikes' website, on the Women's Mountain Bike Clinic page. It's kind a amazing what you can find there, I especially like to see the different the helmet styles. Some are really unusual. IMO
Chaffee Colorado Assessor Office
https://www.absolutebikes.com/womens-mountain-bike-clinic/

...and LE released no description of where Jennifer was last seen? What she was wearing? What her vehicle looked like?

Complete different set of circumstances here.

When JD was initially reported missing, her vehicle was also missing.

SM's vehicle was back at the residence.
The bike was also located the evening she went missing
What possible use would releasing a vehicle or bike description be?

Had LE been able to verify an independent sighting of SM on Sunday or any time thereafter, they would have released that to the public, along w/ a description of her clothing, when and where she was last seen, etc.

The fact that LE has not released any of this information clearly indicates that they don't want someone to know how much progress they've made in determining the timeline of her movements leading up to her disappearance.

They're keeping the perp in the dark, which is a brilliant strategy.

The less that person knows, the more likely they are to trip themselves up with their lies.

JMO.

Last edited:
He's a contractor, so he might go there often. A trip to buy something like cleaning supplies wouldn't necessarily seem out of the norm.
Also it’s a small town perhaps employees who dealt with him on a regular basis ordering or buying supplies for his jobs etc. can provide information as to his demeanor as a customer. Nice, friendly, happy, pleasant or perhaps the opposite unfriendly, quiet, demanding, mad, controlling yada yada

That is exactly my concern. And increasingly, my suspicion.
What leads you to the suspicion that LE has made this personal vs. BM? The only badmouthing that I've seen in this case has been from BM toward LE (on the TD video). There haven't been any leaks at all, and in fact, LE made a point to send out a statement quickly to help end the social media rumors vs BM that had spun out of control. IMO, LE has been extremely professional in handling the case.

I wonder if BM goes to the Salida Walmart often.

They say Walmart has more surveillance cameras than the Capitol!
Plus I think perps feel -relaxed- in Walmart to purchase key crime tools & clean up aids. I remember many an in-evidence-trial-video from Walmart.
IE: the 2 guys getting things to murder Theresa Sievers .They bought a lock picking kit, clean up supplies..paid cash too.. but the foot print was all there.

MOO

Had LE been able to verify an independent sighting of SM on Sunday or any time thereafter, they would have released that to the public, along w/ a description of her clothing, when and where she was last seen, etc.

The fact that LE has not released any of this information clearly indicates that they don't want someone to know how much progress they've made in determining the timeline of her movements leading up to her disappearance.

The less that person knows, the more likely they are to trip themselves up in more and more lies.

JMO.
Giving him enough rope to hang himself.

{snipped by me for space}

From following various murder cases, my initial thought is: how long is a piece of string?

I've seen arrests happen within weeks and I've seen arrests happen 3 years out. Average is maybe 4 to 6 months. It all depends on if a body is found, what evidence exists, what that evidence can prove, and how comfortable a DA is in taking a case for indictment.

In my area a previous DA was very conservative and would not agree to prosecute a case until he was comfortable he could prove the charges and he would wait as long as it took, even if that took years, because if there's not enough evidence and a jury aquitts, that's it, no second chances.

In one famous and horrific case in my local area, Michelle Fisher Young was found murdered at home, the murder occurred in 2006 and the arrest for her murder didn't occur until 3 years and 1 month later. Her husband committed the murder and is in prison for life.

Thank you for this understanding. We only get one bite at the apple. Why jump the gun if we don't have to? There's a reason on a felony (in California) we have a three year statute of limitations to charge (not counting murder of course). I might know on day three of an investigation what the deal is, but why not take the extra time to gather my evidence? The second you charge someone, they can invoke their speedy trial rights. Why would I cut myself down to a mere 60 days on a homicide when I can have a lot more?

There is no doubt TONS of evidence in this case to go through. I'm not sure why people think they need to either arrest him NOW or announce he's been cleared and they need help after all. It's likely neither of those things. Just because we don't know what they're doing does not mean they don't know what they're doing.

Consider the intricacies of defendant rights once they've been charged. You (as a DA) do yourself no favors but jumping the gun, just to appease the public.

It would be invaluable if someone could say they saw a woman riding that bike on X day. Or they saw a man walking that bike. Or saw a woman riding that bike with someone else. Bikers notice bikes before they notice people. It’s impossible to imagine that a description of the bike wouldn’t be helpful in determining when she last rode, and under what circumstances.

The less that person knows, the more likely they are to trip themselves up in more and more lies.

JMO.
This ^^^^^ Good post!

Do people that live in million dollar homes, use rewards cards for points?
I mean, I do (collect rewards points) and I probably still would if I lived in Fancyhouse, but I have no idea if other folks do.

BBM:

Not all, but I actually know several who do.

If asked, the ones I know who do would tell you that it's part of the reason they came to be able to afford million-dollar homes in the first place, i.e., looking for ways to save $$$ when/where possible.

JMO.

What leads you to the suspicion that LE has made this personal vs. BM? The only badmouthing that I've seen in this case has been from BM toward LE (on the TD video). There haven't been any leaks at all, and in fact, LE made a point to send out a statement quickly to help end the social media rumors vs BM that had spun

I’m just trying to think of an explanation for what was apparently an almost immediate determination that BM was responsible for SM’s disappearance, combined with a failure, after a month filled with searches, to secure enough evidence for an arrest.

My thoughts..... I think LE is on to him but I believe he's the type, that will go down with the ship....in other-words, I don't think he will crack that easy, not like others did. The silence with LE is sure to bring out the voices in his head. I think that is one tactic LE is using to put pressure on him to bust...

Just my moopinion

Last edited:
It would be invaluable if someone could say they saw a woman riding that bike on X day. Or they saw a man walking that bike. Or saw a woman riding that bike with someone else. Bikers notice bikes before they notice people. It’s impossible to imagine that a description of the bike wouldn’t be helpful in determining when she last rode, and under what circumstances.
I don’t think think SM took a bike ride on MD if anything I think she was at her home preparing for her daughters visit on Mother’s Day. I’m an avid bike rider and Mom I would have been at home baking cookies and cleaning for their visit. I think the bike is a red herring JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member