Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was taken after SM went missing. Here’s the link:
It looks to me like the concrete was already poured. I tried to enlarge it and zoom in. It looks like it might have been recently poured and still has a wooden frame around it in both photos. But ...could it have been poured on May 7-9th?? I also noticed something this time when I watched the helicopter video. The whole driveway area has darker colored material (gravel or dirt?) that looks like it was laid on top of lighter colored dirt and it looks the same color as the material left over in the back of the trailer by the diggie thingamajig. I forgot what we called it? But it was better than just Bobcat. :D

That sure is. I sure hope they used the ground penetrating radar to check that area.
What the . . . ? New cement at the front door? Say it can't be. Who could be that . . . odd? Does he not realize that it will be dug right up again? Does he actually have any idea how a spouse is scrutinized, even if it turns out he's innocent? Is he egging the cops on or daring them? I can't stand it that I have to go to bed now.

Imo going back means they have results now from the prior search and have new direction Within the home for more evidence to be gathered ...
Poor Suzanne - I’ve always thought there was a Clean up poorly done
JMO

Naturally, I'm on pins and needles.

So similar to Gannon's case. We still don't know which parts of the evidence in Gannon's case were found early on or which parts later (at least, I don't think we do).

I'm guessing some piece of evidence implied another, and a judge okayed a second (sealed) search warrant - for evidence that's will help complete an earlier picture.

I wonder whether BM will be asked to depart for a day or two.

Last edited:
@OldCop may be able to respond to this but locally here, Jennifer Kesses' family had to file a lawsuit against Orlando Police to see what they had
Jennifer Kesse: Missing woman's family settles lawsuit for police records, continues search for answers
Sorry, @oviedo, have been offline most of the day. Generally, LE does not have to turn over case files until a case has been closed. This, of course, could result in the files not being made public for many, many years. Lots of unsolved cases remain open and so the files are not released. It varies from state to state and some jurisdictions may be more forthcoming in providing copies of files on an older case. Technically, LE maintains that the release of their files could jeopardize future investigation. There is some evidence which bolsters their stand. Cold case squads who review a case with fresh eyes have been very successful and new forensics techniques can have a major impact on an old case. Generally, files turned over after a case is closed will be heavily redacted. LE must protect witnesses, confidential informants, and persons who have been investigated and subsequently cleared.
The policy of holding back the files until a case is closed makes a lot of sense. However, how long is too long? Jennifer Kesse had been missing 13 years when her files were turned over to her parents after they won the lawsuit. They announced their intention to turn the files over to private investigators. I have not read the lawsuit, but I would guess the argument was based on length of time and no progress.

Watching something on OWN right now where it took 3 1/2 years to arrest the husband for murder, when it was obvious from day one that he was the perpetrator. Followed up by the Sherri Papini case, where I am still trying to figure out what really happened.

Why do you think it took so long for them to go back into the house today? Did lab/digital results come back recently, or were they waiting so that they could go in, get the last of what they hoped to obtain in one fail swoop, followed by an arrest? Was there blood and they wanted to go back and pull up a floor or something?

Can someone circle where you are seeing new concrete? I guess I'm just not seeing it. Maybe I should have my reading glasses on. Anyway, in the aerial footage posted about the 2:30 minute mark shows an interesting area, with the yellow crime scene tape tied to the landscaping equipment. MOO

Can someone circle where you are seeing new concrete? I guess I'm just not seeing it. Maybe I should have my reading glasses on. Anyway, in the aerial footage posted about the 2:30 minute mark shows an interesting area, with the yellow crime scene tape tied to the landscaping equipment. MOO
Here’s a screenshot. It’s the grey area in front of the door.

URL="CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19"]CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19[/URL]

Unfair? he is a first responder...."A first responder is a person with specialized training who is among the first to arrive and provide assistance at the scene of an emergency, such as an accident, natural disaster, or terrorism.

Who do you think 911 would rather hear from? A clueless neighbor or a spouse, who supposedly was there earlier that same day and is a trained first responder? If you were behind the 911 desk...who would you rather hear from? This isn't the days when you had to find a pay phone...we are talking making a call from his car, he's sitting right there, a phone in his hand.

Hear, hear!!

And if you're unaware, it was August 13, 2014 that the FCC began implementing the "Text-to-911 " service and established an initial deadline of December 31, 2014 for all covered text providers to be capable of supporting text-to-911 service.

This means there's actually a digital code for every Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP call center) (including Salida, Co), where emergency calls (like police, fire brigade, ambulance) initiated by any mobile or landline subscriber are terminated.

PSAP coding enables you to dial 911 from anywhere and give the dispatcher the code for the emergency locale you want to reach or they can look it up and connect you. It's that simple. Of course, you can still call the non-emergency number for Salida from anywhere for the same result.

Seriously, can't imagine a volunteer firefighter would not at least know how to google the non-emergency number for Salida.

SORRY, NO EXCUSE.

Text to 911: What You Need To Know

ETA: After the last rumor of an arrest, I called the published, Chaffee County Jail
phone number to make a name inquiry (there's no Chaffee County online inmate look-up) and without asking, I was also given both the direct number to Chaffee County Jail intake and Text-to-911 Emergency code. I was also told all of the numbers I had are answered 24/7.

NO EXCUSE. MOO

In depth interview with family friend, Troy Skinner. Also Private Investigator Dan Corsentino, though I'm not sure if he's the family PI>>> Very good article, be sure to read. Can someone please post snippets? tyso

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

From the link:

"If Barry was involved, he would get his punishment and that’s the way it should be, but I would lose all faith in humanity because he just doesn’t have that in him,” Skinner said."

If I had a dollar, for every case I've ever followed that close friends of the main POI (whether named or not) said the exact same thing and then BLAMMO, that person is arrested... well, I'd have a massive pile of dollars.

Clearly, people "have it them" in spades, since this kind of thing happens ALL the time.

Also, I recognize Dan Corsentino's name but I'm not sure from which case I followed.

His demeanor. "When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time" Maya Angelou
What happens when other people form an entirely different opinion? Not trying to be difficult, but I have a pretty good bs meter and do well w/ most of my character assessments. I had a totally different take on the video, but I still wouldn’t have formed an opinion, from that short video. While I might take note of other opinions, such as those of friends and relatives who have known him much longer, I would still use my own perceptions to form my opinion.

IMO, I would sure hate for my whole life’s behavior to be judged on some of my worst public performances. At least let it be one of my better ones, lol.

What happens when other people form an entirely different opinion? Not trying to be difficult, but I have a pretty good bs meter and do well w/ most of my character assessments. I had a totally different take on the video, but I still wouldn’t have formed an opinion, from that short video. While I might take note of other opinions, such as those of friends and relatives who have known him much longer, I would still use my own perceptions to form my opinion.

IMO, I would sure hate for my whole life’s behavior to be judged on some of my worst public performances. At least let it be one of my better ones, lol.

I don't believe that anyone here is basing their opinion on one video.

In depth interview with family friend, Troy Skinner. Also Private Investigator Dan Corsentino, though I'm not sure if he's the family PI>>> Very good article, be sure to read. Can someone please post snippets? tysm

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado
It's strange that the same day the FBI is going back to search the Morphews home we have 2 new people suddenly in the mix. The family friend and the PI. After all of these weeks of silence ..tonight they both decide to speak out. Coincidence?

Have we heard from this Troy Skinner before? And if so, as much as he's said here?

ETA: Is anyone getting the livestream? I have ***********, so I'm wondering if it's me.
“Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his solitude time and it would re-energize him. During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

“She did talk about her bike rides, she liked it, she felt safe and she didn’t feel threatened on them,” Skinner explained.

When Skinner learned that Suzanne didn’t return from a bike ride, he immediately asked Barry what he could do to help. Unfortunately, in the beginning of the search efforts, his work schedule didn’t allow him to go to Colorado.

“I didn’t actually get to talk to Barry until two or three weeks into the ordeal and the times we have talked it’s not questioning on what happened or anything it’s hey I’m here for you and what can I do for you and letting him know that we care for him and the girls,” Skinner added. “It’s been two months but he’s still broken and the girls are having a hard time. I haven’t spoken with them directly but I’ve asked about them each time. He says it’s just very hard on everybody and you can hear it in his voice when he is talking to ya.”

He describes the Morphew’s as the sweetest people you’d ever meet. Skinner said Suzanne would talk to you like you were the only person in the room. He added that there were never cracks in the relationship.

“If Barry was involved, he would get his punishment and that’s the way it should be, but I would lose all faith in humanity because he just doesn’t have that in him,” Skinner said.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen