Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren also hinted about security cameras-that there are so many around. Maybe LE knew a whole lot because they reviewed footage in the first hours, and everything after that is just making their case.
Oddly, I thought about this randomly earlier today and wondered (and this may have been mentioned here but I don't recall seeing it):

If there are security cams on that dirt road from the main highway down to their house (the one her bike was located on)... and if that bike was either staged, or crashed there, either way, wouldn't that be on a video somewhere?

that's a really interesting video because there you have BM talking freely to someone about what happened. He didn't seem particularly nervous to me, interesting that he mentioned the girls were running late that day , so they should have been with their mum earlier on that day? if someone was planning this on that day it seems odd if the girls were due there?

the neighbour spotted the bike gone, so it was an assumption she had gone out on her bike not that she was seen going out on her bike?

police have contaminated the scene , pretty incredible if it's true that they moved that bike!

it's plausible she had an accident and was swept away down the creek, it's not impossible imo and there is that mark on the sign/barrier which indicates it was hit , I wonder if it had already been like that , if anyone knows about that?

she could well have come off her bike at that point on that bend going pretty fast, I wonder if it's possible to do an experiment to see what happens if a bike comes down that part and hits that sign , where would the bike and person end up? be good to see a drawing of that sign in relation to where the bike was found, in any event if they have found an "article " of hers some distance away that kind of puts scupper to the accident theory ?

would a guilty person be searching for his wife with his mother and chatting so freely with someone he meets out there? that doesn't seem likely ? he seems more genuine here than in his pre recorded video.

also why the heck add piano music to that video , was so annoying! especially when trying to hear exactly what BM said!

I think the creek is too shallow for her to have been carried off.

It is interesting that he was at the search site. You don’t often see that from suspects or guilty parties.

But his casual manner and willingness to talk with someone about the case is something we’ve seen. Scott Peterson comes to mind. He was at the search center regularly. He was at a vigil. Etc.

Mark Hacking. Josh Powell. Chris Watts. Tyler Tessier.

We’ve seen so many murderers willing to speak to the media and not show nervousness.

What’s interesting here is how he threatened the man who recorded him, saying he better not be media or Barry would find him. I can’t remember exactly what he said.

I think someone on here speculated that he “ might have needed to order a part, thus needing another appointment “. LS said nothing like that.

At 17:00 she says she has learned that the bike repair guy SAW SM and worked on her bike on Thursday May 7.
LS also says she would like to schedule an interview and speak MORE with him. IMO her saying speak more indicates she heard it straight from him and probably via phone call. JMO

thanks for the update.... if you keep repeating this, the 'order a part' theory and the 'mobile service' theory will go away.... hopefully
Just before it goes away, haha, does "worked on the bike" equal "fixed the bike" ..... I noticed Lauren didn't use the word "fixed/repaired", just "worked on". It is super interesting that the bike was in need of work a few days before Mother's Day. I'm kind of hoping it wasn't in working order, as has been speculated, because that would be one hell of a clue to LE that she didn't go on a bike ride. <modsnip: individual is off limits for sleuthing>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think Barry missed the cameras because it was dark and he didn’t see them? Do you think he simply forgot about there being cameras located in the area? To go through all of this in effort to conceal a crime, why didn’t he simply drop the bike elsewhere?

IMO

If we take the view that this was not a particularly well-planned crime and may have happened with the perp in a state of rage and hyperactivity, and if we are assuming BM is the perp, then the further he went with the bike, the more likely to be seen - by humans passing or by cameras.

But that would be absolutely something else - if LE knew right away from security cams (whose cameras are they?) that someone tossed the bike there.

Of course, they could have known that from some aspect of the bike and its damage.

thanks for the update.... if you keep repeating this, the 'order a part' theory and the 'mobile service' theory will go away.... hopefully

Sure, if Lauren actually gets Scot to say where the service occurred. Was it still at his garage, as it was in 2018?

Bike repair guy could have fixed her bike anywhere - but apparently not at a storefront (according to TD who said Scot was known to work from his garage). Is it an actual legal business or is Scot a friend? Is it clear yet?

Because if I get a part for my bike and have "Scot" fix it, it doesn't mean that I hired a repairman, I may just know someone who is handy with bikes.

It's good that Lauren got Scot to say he saw Suzanne on Thursday. I now wonder if that was the info that LE used when they said she was seen later than supposed - was the prior date Wednesday?

That would account for the choice of dates for the security video request. LE may have had evidence of someone seeing Suzanne on Wednesday, and then Scot saw her on Thursday - later than they first assumed.

<modsnip>

Sure, if Lauren actually gets Scot to say where the service occurred. Was it still at his garage, as it was in 2018?

Bike repair guy could have fixed her bike anywhere - but apparently not at a storefront (according to TD who said Scot was known to work from his garage). Is it an actual legal business or is Scot a friend? Is it clear yet?

Because if I get a part for my bike and have "Scot" fix it, it doesn't mean that I hired a repairman, I may just know someone who is handy with bikes.

It's good that Lauren got Scot to say he saw Suzanne on Thursday. I now wonder if that was the info that LE used when they said she was seen later than supposed - was the prior date Wednesday?

That would account for the choice of dates for the security video request. LE may have had evidence of someone seeing Suzanne on Wednesday, and then Scot saw her on Thursday - later than they first assumed.

<modsnip>
TD reported that he uncovered that SM was no longer a customer of a bike shop he visited. Said shop offered that Scot is her mechanic now. <modsnip: sleuthing Scot is not allowed> Normally you take your bike to the shop....where all the tools and parts are.

Take note that most communities such as where the Morphew's residence built must be designed/built in compliance with the county approved Fire Master Plan. The Master Fire Plan requires fire access roadways constructed and maintained to provide all weather-driving capabilities, and also facilitate turning radii of apparatus also known as a "turnaround."

There's been much speculation about the dumpster used by the vacation home property manager and exactly where near the Morphew residence it might be located.

Speaking for my own mountain community, we have a 2-yard dumpster (weekly collection service) parked in a small cut out near the road turnaround.
I believe the property manager was probably referring to something very similar.

In our community, it's the waste management truck and the school bus that benefit most by the turnaround. MOO

2-yard-dumpster-with-woman.jpg

Business Waste & Recycling Pickup | Waste Management

Take note that most communities such as where the Morphew's residence built must be designed/built in compliance with the county approved Fire Master Plan. The Master Fire Plan requires fire access roadways constructed and maintained to provide all weather-driving capabilities, and also facilitate turning radii of apparatus also known as a "turnaround."

There's been much speculation about the dumpster used by the vacation home property manager and exactly where near the Morphew residence it might be located.

Speaking for my own mountain community, we have a 2-yard dumpster (weekly collection service) parked in a small cut out near the road turnaround.
I believe the property manager was probably referring to something very similar.

In our community, it's the waste management truck and the school bus that benefit most by the turnaround. MOO

2-yard-dumpster-with-woman.jpg

Business Waste & Recycling Pickup | Waste Management

So...........the question was:
Where's the dumpster?
I can't find it anywhere near their property.
Have you seen it anywhere?
IMO

Last edited:
As far as where the alleged dumpster was located I have scoured the google map and I did not see anything that resembles one but there were a couple places that look like it would be an ok spot to have one. Sort of like the pull-in area near where 225 touches 50 or just south on 225 around the corner there is another pull-in area off the road some.

But I dont see anything along all those roads that looks to be a trash dumpster. There is one vehicle and a truck and trailer parked where 225 meets 50 to show the pull-in areas I was looking for along those back roads.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

So to be clear, you are saying that Colorado has laws and rules in place that make arrest records and SW’s much less available legally to the general public- basically.

I live here, this makes me uncomfortable.

Is this true in other states as well?

This article (published 7/12/2018, updated 12/4/2019) Shrouded justice: Thousands of Colorado court cases hidden from public view on judges’ orders – The Denver Post discusses Colorado's suppression of court cases

Hopefully at some point, we'll be able to see all documents regarding SM's case. After she's been found and someone brought to justice.

As far as where the alleged dumpster was located I have scoured the google map and I did not see anything that resembles one but there were a couple places that look like it would be an ok spot to have one. Sort of like the pull-in area near where 225 touches 50 or just south on 225 around the corner there is another pull-in area off the road some.

But I dont see anything along all those roads that looks to be a trash dumpster. There is one vehicle and a truck and trailer parked where 225 meets 50 to show the pull-in areas I was looking for along those back roads.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Yes, I looked all over the place as well and I didn't see anything that looked like a dumpster. Reminds of when I was in the Navy in intel briefings and the intel officer would put up a satellite image and say we could see thus and such here on the image. I'd squint, turn my head, blink and still for the life of me it would just look like some dark or light colored blur. Of course, after me asking the same dumb question ("How can we tell that's what it is?") 3 or 4 times, the skipper told me to keep it to myself.

So my observations are probably not worth that much.

Of course it is a good idea. And it's very frustrating that there's so much less information than what one sees in the newspapers of, say, the 1930's and 1940's.

But surely Indiana doesn't release such information as a rape victim's medical records or details of their injuries or their addresses and so forth to the public? They do redact, right?

<modsnip: off topic>

I've never seen a PCA contain a rape victim's medical records. Of course, addresses are redacted, especially
if there is a credible fear that a person will be harassed or threatened. However, the PCAs and warrants are available.

It's been that way since I was born in Colorado.....shortly after the dawn of time. IMO

Thank you for posting the link to the article. IMHO, here's a key point:

someone could be arrested, charged, convicted and sent to prison in Colorado without anyone seeing why, how or where, and whether the process was fair.

Park Tour - Monarch Spur RV Park and Campground
Good video of the RV park

i did not understand this to be an "rv park" or a "trailer park" at all, but rather some rental properties, most likely homes similar to the morphew's that were rented out for people to vacation in.

where was it said the morphew's live near an rv park?

There is both regular rental homes and an RV Campground.

Google Maps show the "Monarch Spur RV Park and Campground" which is due East and not very far from their home.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I think we are talking about 2 different parks. An RV park has set-ups for big motor homes. You pull in and stay a few days with water and electric. A trailer park has permanent trailers that don't move around. I believe there to be a significant difference between the 2 but I could be wrong.

You know, maybe it is a certain stigma that people want to avoid, but many people who live in what I assume are trailer parks, call them RV parks. "Motor home" I haven't heard for a long, long time.

Thank you for posting the link to the article. IMHO, here's a key point:

someone could be arrested, charged, convicted and sent to prison in Colorado without anyone seeing why, how or where, and whether the process was fair.

Yes. Someone can do that, in Colorado. Not everyone. Just some. Having a good lawyer helps. IMO

You know, maybe it is a certain stigma that people want to avoid, but many people who live in what I assume are trailer parks, call them RV parks. "Motor home" I haven't heard for a long, long time.
So, we have friends that own and travel in motor homes, some others pull trailers and some pull 5th wheels. Then there's trailer parks where people actually live and mobile home parks where the mobile homes are on a foundation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member