Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...thx MassGuy. If something was planned it seems like it would be when she was more vulnerable like in the bathtub or shower or bed...just speculating of course. And reiterating this was stated as a rumor so we don’t run forward discussing as a fact. :rolleyes:
Exactly. That rumor was the context for the “Profiling Evil” guys addressing the question from Lauren involving the walls having circles drawn on them by CSI.

We don’t know if that in fact occurred.

But yeah, if true, I think it lends itself to something that wasn’t planned (morons like Patrick Frazee aside).

usually though there is some kind of affair such as Chris Watts, Patrick Frazee, Fotis Dulos. We still havent heard about any mistresses or any marital problems at all.

Exactly. My point is that at best, he’s not living up to his duties as a “loving husband.”

At worst, and I’d argue far more likely, he alone can bring Suzanne home.

Because he put her wherever she is.

^^sbm

My experience is teens will nix a trip that hinders their use of social media and/or their phones!

I do think it very relevant that the girls were reportedly not worried on Sunday morning. I'm using this to shorten my timeline of when I initially believed SM disappeared.

Also, we know that wifi-text is the main communication source at the residence which totally fits with how I believe the daughters communicated with their parents (and everybody else).

This is from the DM so take it as you wish but they reported "SM was last in contact on May 9." Not that she was last seen. I would not be surprised if the contact was with her daughters -- esp the youngest.

MOO
And in light of what Lauren Scharf said 'on the "Profiling Evil" broadcast on 5 August, where a neighbour of the Morphews commented on the poor mobile phone reception in that area, to the point where it was nigh on impossible to send texts, etc outside of the residences.

Not having to have a verbal phone conversation makes it infinitely easier for a person other than SM to send a text on her 'phone to the daughters, the intention being to deceive them into thinking they'd heard from her.
If that is the case, the Morphew daughters may well not have had contact with SM on May 9th at all.
MOO

Last edited:
This is huge!!

LS at about 20 min mark states the neighbor told her she spoke to the daughters in the morning on mother's day, and they were not worried about SM.

If not worried, then I believe they had been in contact with SM earlier than I thought.

LS did not say if the girls contacted this neighbor on Sunday morning because they were looking for their mom.

ETA: I wonder if the AM call with neighbor was in-fact the same neighbor that later called 911 to report SM missing.

That is an interesting wrinkle.

I wonder if it was something like:

-Girls wake up late camping or for whatever reason realize they will be heading hone later than they originally said.
-Call or text Mom to tell her, no answer
-Call or text Mom again, no answer
-Call or text dad - dad either says ‘I’m in denver and will be home late too’ or doesn't answer
-Girls call neighbor and say ‘if you see our mom will you tell her we’re running late and to have her call us’
-Girls call or text mom a couple more times on their way home with no answer.
-Day goes on and girls still can’t reach mom and get concerned.
-Girls call neighbor to ask if they’ve seen their mom yet. Neighbor hasn’t.
-Neighbor is a little concerned and decides to call BM to see if he knows what’s up
-Neighbor explains the two calls by girls and no sign of SM and the concern
-BM says ‘I’ve been in Denver all day but yeah, maybe we should call the cops just to be safe. Do you mind calling the cops, I’m on a job site right now.

I’m just totally making this up but also trying to put together a logical story of multiple calls from the girls to their neighbor.

usually though there is some kind of affair such as Chris Watts, Patrick Frazee, Fotis Dulos. We still havent heard about any mistresses or any marital problems at all.

You're right about that. Still no sign of a mistress. But the gimme fund, the 200,000 dollar reward offer for a safe return, selling and buying property, are center stage.

I feel money (greed) will be the key in this case, whether there's a mistress or not. Moo

Exactly. That rumor was the context for the “Profiling Evil” guys addressing the question from Lauren involving the walls having circles drawn on them by CSI.

We don’t know if that in fact occurred.

But yeah, if true, I think it lends itself to something that wasn’t planned (morons like Patrick Frazee aside).
Yep, me too! Or, less likely, but someone other than BM? Yes I’m glad it was discussed on PE with LS as guest so we can discuss. If it is in fact true that LE marked circles on the wall around possible blood splatter or other biological evidence in a common area then I’m wondering if an argument led to a rage killing? Not planned ahead (thus lame staging) but just happened that both daughters were gone camping and maybe it would not have gone that far had they been in the house. And possibly SM taking the opportunity while they were alone to have a serious discussion with her husband leading to an argument that got way out of hand? Literally. With possible heavy drinking by BM contributing to bad judgment? If it was premeditated (pre-planned way in advance) then it doesn’t seem likely he would do it in a manner that would splatter evidence on the walls! Unless he really is in the PF moron club! Which IMO does seem possible. ;)

Except the daughters phoned the neighbor on Sunday morning -- which surprised me as I too believed they were most likely in touch with dad until at least midday before bringing the neighbor into the picture.

Something else about the neighbor --for all the speculation that BM isolated SM and her contact with others outside curtailed, I think we learned that BM was a good neighbor and very approachable to those he knew. I think that must have extended to the rest of the household since the daughters seemed to reach out to the neighbor without hesitation. Up until this news, my assumptions about the family as neighbors were wrong.

MOO
Yes, LS was told that BM was a helpful neighbor. The neighbor also said that BM and the girls had cried in his/her presence.

That is an interesting wrinkle.

I wonder if it was something like:

-Girls wake up late camping or for whatever reason realize they will be heading hone later than they originally said.
-Call or text Mom to tell her, no answer
-Call or text Mom again, no answer
-Call or text dad - dad either says ‘I’m in denver and will be home late too’ or doesn't answer
-Girls call neighbor and say ‘if you see our mom will you tell her we’re running late and to have her call us’
-Girls call or text mom a couple more times on their way home with no answer.
-Day goes on and girls still can’t reach mom and get concerned.
-Girls call neighbor to ask if they’ve seen their mom yet. Neighbor hasn’t.
-Neighbor is a little concerned and decides to call BM to see if he knows what’s up
-Neighbor explains the two calls by girls and no sign of SM and the concern
-BM says ‘I’ve been in Denver all day but yeah, maybe we should call the cops just to be safe. Do you mind calling the cops, I’m on a job site right now.

I’m just totally making this up but also trying to put together a logical story of multiple calls from the girls to their neighbor.

A couple of things.

1. The daughters were able to call the neighbor but it has been implied no cell service was available at the M home? Possibly a landline for the neighbor.

2. LS has responded to the question regarding the last time the daughters spoke to SM. “We do not know when the daughters last spoke to SM”. o_O

Could Neighbor See Bike inside Garage?
I just watched a video on profiling evil and it shows the drone footage of the house, the garage doors are solid no windows. If memory serves me the neighbor was asked to go and look to see of the bike was there. I can't say for sure but most people keep their bikes in the garage. How could the neighbor say the bike was missing if she could not see into the garage? I also know there may have been a different location for the bike to have been in but I find it odd that there is no way to look into the garage without opening the door.
@Kimmer ibm. I recall having the same question, then checked footage from air and the still pix in real est listing pix. Correct, garage doors have no windows.
But one side (not front) of garage has a window, which would allow neighbor to see inside (of course, not all of it). IIRC, a pile of firewood would almost have blocked any person from standing right against the window to peek in.
I believe one of the listing pics taken inside the garage also shows the window.
Sorry, no link handy ATM. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Ugh I am on the east coast, no power, and it is supposed to be out for days. I can’t follow along without Cliff notes here and it’s making me crazy. I have watched every YouTube and read all posts, until yesterday, and now I can only log on here and there until we get back on the grid. Barry said he spoke to Suzanne Sunday morning, right? Yet the girls were unable to get in touch with their Mom? Is that part of the puzzle or did something change?

Ugh I am on the east coast, no power, and it is supposed to be out for days. I can’t follow along without Cliff notes here and it’s making me crazy. I have watched every YouTube and read all posts, until yesterday, and now I can only log on here and there until we get back on the grid. Barry said he spoke to Suzanne Sunday morning, right? Yet the girls were unable to get in touch with their Mom? Is that part of the puzzle or did something change?

Here's a good synopsis from MissMarple of today's PE with Lauren.

My Cliff Notes from PE video above.

Lauren talked to the fire chief. BM is going to training every week, has not gone on any call outs. Says BM is "having a hard time".

Spoke to gym mgr who says BM has returned for workouts.

Lauren has not been able to confirm anyone seeing Suzanne on a bike ride that Sunday morning.

TODAY is their anniversary.

PE guy says, if BM has time for gym & FF training, he has time to organize a community search. Even Scott Peterson did that much.

Thinks BM should be or is under surveillance (I wasn't clear on exactly what he said) because his behavior is causing a lot of red flags.

Lauren irritated by BM telling Tyson that the media was bothering him vs media helping him find his wife. Esp after video plea where he says he'll do anything but he then won't talk to media

Thinks his reward offer needs to be restructured or used for actually searching for Suzanne

Edit for clarity

DizzyB, I was on the same boat! Just got our power back! Good luck! You are correct. Barry said he saw and spoke to SM that morning. Which makes sense why the daughters were not worried they couldn’t reach SM that morning. They knew their father talked to their mom. I guess they then tried calling later that day and became worried when SM didn’t answer.

Last edited:
DizzyB, I was on the same boat! Just got our power back! Good luck! You are correct. Barry said he saw and spoke to SM that morning. Which makes sense why the daughters were not worried they couldn’t reach SM that morning. They knew their father talked to their mom. I guess they then tried calling later that day and became worried when SM didn’t answer.
^^BBM
I also recall BM alleging that he asked his wife if it was OK for him to work on Sunday to set up his job -- offering how he wouldn't be missed since SM would be with her girls that were returning from a trip.

I just don't recall if BM actually stated when this conversation took place, or the date that he left the residence and drove to Denver.

Did BM anchor himself to a timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member