Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be way more effective than a Facebook video by oneself, in my opinion.
snipped bbm
Exactly! In order for me to have seen BMs plea I would have had to be "friends" with BM on Facebook. Even if it was re-posted, I would still need to be "friends" with the person re-posting to see it. It's an extremely limited audience. I came to learn about Suzannes disappearance from The New York Post (don't judge me) not from Facebook.

JMO
I agree. I know every family has different dynamics but another thing that we dont really know much about is at what point did BM drop what he was doing and immediately start heading home.

It seems to me that at the point you direct someone to call LE you would immediately drop what you are doing and start to head home. It will be interesting to know what he told the neighbor after the decision was made to have her call 911. Did he just hang out and wait till things unfolded before showing up at the house?

If it were me, short of calling LE myself which I hope I would have done, at a minimum, I would tell the neighbor Im on the way and to call me as soon as LE gets there and have them get on the phone to talk to me so that I can find out what THEY are going to do to help find SM.

The issue is too important to be getting information through a 3rd party because of the childhood telephone game but from what we know BM seemed just fine to let everyone else drive the whole situation with LE until he shows up. That in itself is strange to me if it happened that way.

It goes back to my thought that the neighbor saw something in the house or at the house that made the neighbor insist on calling LE. I also am in the opinion that the neighbor possibly wanted to meet LE there to show what they saw, or let them in. I could see BM agreeing to that.

In rural areas its not uncommon for a neighbor to have keys or codes to the neighbors house.

Edit : In my opinion also, I think the location data of the neighbors phone and the cleaning ladies phone would be interesting as well.

Rbbm - To be honest, I have not seen this from BM. I hope I find out later that I am wrong, and that BM was doing way more behind the scenes to find his wife than what we currently see.
Agree. But I feel that is the problem. Why is everything behind the scenes? Why not shout it to the rafters?

a couple of youtube videos were made a few hours ago pertaining to SM, all with valuable info.

1. our own, websleuths, with the lovely tricia, interviewing chris and mike from PE:

2. TD and DD interviewing chris and mike from PE: (assuming i can link bc it's PE).

*mike explains that LE can NOT come to a family and say "by the way, do not talk to a LE bc we told you so." that would be removing their first amendment right of free speech. that is very likely a rumor.
Thank you so much for posting...now going to watch the video from last night! :D

Agree. But I feel that is the problem. Why is everything behind the scenes? Why not shout it to the rafters?

Right.
No innocent person or family ever wants to be thrown in this situation to no fault of their own. But the reality is things happen, and when they do, you are forced into it, and normally people take a certain set of steps that we have seen in cases here over and over again.

So when a case like this comes up and the person does not take the normal steps we see other families take then it stands out. And it stands out like a sore thumb.

Flashlight? Might need one to keep from falling into the ravine, too.

MOO

I wonder if there is any kind of trail or clear area (even just a game trail) that runs along the creek.

Remember this creek passes alongside the M's home.

Someone could have walked directly from the bike spot to the home along such a trail, presumably not visible to vehicles on the road (depending on how steep it is).

So one theory might be a person riding the bike from the house to the presumed found location, then leaving the bike and zipping home along the creek.

So looking at the attachment...

Barry says " And the girls were running late so they texted happy mothers day . She didn’t text back so we went to well (sic) they called my neighbors and said Listen, it’s Mother day I’m a little worried and will you go check the house. And the neighbor checked the house saw that the car was there, but the bike was gone. She called me in Denver and said Hey we're just a little worried and I go well I am too. Why don’t we call the police to be safe.

I would imagine the corrected interpretation (and only guessing) is he said it went to EMAIL. I'm no guru here but some phones/some systems will show you where the message went, therefore I am assuming, that MAY have meant her TEXT/VM was tuned off. (which may be why a neighbor was called?) Need a Guru here!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm way over my head...

I can think of an innocuous explanation for that bolded phrase -- if I presumed BM innocent I would hear that "so we went to" as slang for "so we proceeded to the next level of concern". With "we" being him and the daughters.

I don't personally think BM is innocent but I think this phrase is not a clue to his guilt, just an indication of someone speaking in a casual/slang way, and then perhaps realizing mid-sentence that it isn't appropriate or specific enough for the situation.

IMO JMOOO

a couple of youtube videos were made a few hours ago pertaining to SM, all with valuable info.

1. our own, websleuths, with the lovely tricia, interviewing chris and mike from PE:

2. TD and DD interviewing chris and mike from PE: (assuming i can link bc it's PE).

*mike explains that LE can NOT come to a family and say "by the way, do not talk to a LE bc we told you so." that would be removing their first amendment right of free speech. that is very likely a rumor.
I always thought the, “LE told us not to talk” was false. Maybe it started as a rumor perpetrated by someone who might benefit from others’ silence, people repeated the rumor and it spread from there. Or perhaps it’s simply an excuse used as an easy way to explain their silence.

I do believe LE might instruct a witness to stay silent about something specific, like a very specific piece of evidence. I just don’t buy the blanket edict of, “LE told us not to talk.”

Maybe one day we’ll find out what’s true.

IMO

I still have a difficult time believing he didn't make the call in order to save time. By BMs own admission he said he and the girls were just "a little" worried. That implies there was no sense of urgency. For a myriad of reasons, the person that should have been talking to LE was BM yet he chose to delegate that job.
Especially since he was a volunteer FF. He would have known he could call from out of town and reach the local PD. Plus, he likely was acquainted with some of them.
Why send a 70 year old neighbor to the house and not one of his FF buddies? Why not his superhuman best buddy who had 400 tours in Iraq and who managed to search 200 miles of mountains?

The beautiful thing about digital evidence is, it doesn't have an agenda, it doesn't have anything to hide, and it doesn't have any reason to lie.
It's just raw, honest evidence, pointing directly at what happened.
The cell phone records of BM, SM and the girls, will all tell a story that may or may not line up with the story we've been told by BM.
The online banking, food/merch orders/deliveries, social media, search histories, all of that... will paint a picture that may or may not also line up with the story we've been told.
I believe LE already have that story, and it's highly likely it does not line up with what they were told.
If it did, searching the house twice and digging up a concrete slab likely would have never happened.

As for my issue with the 210k reward, it just reeks of an insincere token.
Just like the FB video posted to his page only.
Things he might think are expected of him.
I've followed missing persons cases pretty much my whole life and I have honestly never seen an innocent person conduct themselves the was BM has.
It's been nearly 3 months and has he even given a single interview to plead for his dear wife's safe return? (TD aside)
Is he updating the public FB page and pleading with the public to keep her face out there?
Is he doing anything that anyone has seen, at all, that rings familiar to what distraught husbands do when their wife went missing?

If it turns out he was innocent all along, we'll all be dining on crow as he'll be the most extreme exception to the rule most of us have ever seen.

100% jmo
When a like just isn’t enough.
Great post Ontario Mom!!

IMO

Especially since he was a volunteer FF. He would have known he could call from out of town and reach the local PD. Plus, he likely was acquainted with some of them.
Why send a 70 year old neighbor to the house and not one of his FF buddies? Why not his superhuman best buddy who had 400 tours in Iraq and who managed to search 200 miles of mountains?
At the very least, why not call your Fire Chief buddy and say, I'm worried because we can't get hold of Suzanne, who should I call at the cop shop to drive by and make sure everything is okay? Or even ask the Fire Chief to do it?

Thank you! I've added it to her media thread which hasn't had much news lately.

There were “technical difficulties“ with YouTube in many parts of the country last night due to power outages following Isaias so many of us didn’t get to participate in the WS Live with Tricia & PE ...hopefully it was recorded but haven’t checked yet this morning. When I couldn’t see the WS Live I wandered over to check out the latest on the Jennifer Dulos thread and ended up doing some late night reading of the very lengthy arrest warrant of MT. Of course FD is dead and JD’s body has STILL not been found and MT has not revealed the location yet although there is a very good theory about what JD might be buried in and a time frame based on videos of vehicles coming and going from FD property enabling LE to narrow the window of opportunity he had to hide JD body which limits how far he could have traveled so I hope she will eventually be found even without a confession. But the arrest warrant for MT was very detailed and wow did it ever paint a picture of what happened. The arrest warrant had all cell phone data - calls, texts, locations, pings, etc. which is how LE knew FD and MT were in the Hartford area and then LE was able to search for and find video of FD & MT driving around in FD’s truck disposing of trash bags full of bloody evidence which LE was able to recover; they had all of FD banking records with all his shady withdrawals, loans and debt; all FD company financial information on those highly mortgaged properties; security videos showing every vehicle coming and going from every driveway of the various homes with exact times; videos of FD driving his employee’s truck on the Merrick Parkway past several exits en route to JD house and back with the exact times; video from a school bus showing the same truck parked near JD house & even video of FD dressed head to toe in dark clothes and hoodie in the summer heat riding his bike from the location of the parked truck towards JD’s house; video and receipt from FD & MT paying $250 to have that truck detailed at a carwash; proof of seats being replaced in that truck and recovery of those original seats that were removed and were stained with JD blood; critical information provided by children’s nanny re items missing from JD’s garage used for cleanup; all interviews with MT and her version of events with many discrepancies highlighted as she changed her story; very solid long list of blood evidence collected noting all results showing a match to JD’s blood & DNA with several samples having a mix of JD and FD blood also several fingerprints on duct tape - and so much more! Anyway it was just incredible to read the actual document and see just how much evidence LE had...so much so that it required a long time to gather and investigate everything LE needed for a no body arrest. The arrest warrant clearly shows how one thing can lead to another and so on. LE was onto FD very quickly but it took time to gather the proof necessary for his conviction in a court of law especially without her body. But they sure got it! The detectives had to interview FD, MT and other accomplices, FD employees, etc. LE meticulously gathered evidence, cell phone data, a plethora of video surveillance and financial records showing motive as well as evidence of girlfriend MT being his accomplice. So my point of writing ALL of that (sorry so long) is I wonder if the same thing is happening right now in SM’s case?! While there might not be as much evidence due to the remote location, there still may be more than enough evidence to solve this case and get an arrest warrant(s) without a body.

Being new to WS this was the first arrest warrant I’ve ever read and it was truly eye opening. Now I really understand what so many experienced WS members here have been saying about how long an investigation takes when some of us have expressed concern that this case is growing cold. We have no idea what is going on behind the closed doors of CCSO, CBI & FBI. There could be an arrest any day or it may take many more months before it finally happens. But now I believe it WILL happen.

If anyone wants to read MT’s arrest warrant for murder it is post #941 on Jennifer Dulos thread #49 and if, like myself, you have never read an arrest warrant for murder you really should check it out. It was very educational and has renewed my confidence that there will be an arrest(s). Of course we all continue to hope & pray Suzanne WILL be found. Sadly she may be hidden so well that she will not be found without a confession. But no matter what happens I believe a day of reckoning IS coming and justice will prevail! Thank you LE for all the hard work you are doing!! Can I have an Amen?!

It’s been sort of depressing the way it is slowing down here because there just isn’t much new information coming out. But that warrant has cheered me up and I’m fired up with faith in LE this morning! :D
If you want to see how talented these CO agencies are you may want to read Patrick frazee's arrest warrant and Leticia Stauch's.
Patrick - PDF at link:
READ: Court releases Patrick Frazee's arrest affidavit
Leticia - at link:
Gannon Stauch case: Leaked arrest affidavit outlines case against stepmother
and this little gem I've posted before
'We never wanted to let her down': Meet the investigators who helped solve Kelsey Berreth's murder

If you want to see how talented these CO agencies are you may want to read Patrick frazee's arrest warrant and Leticia Stauch's.
Patrick - PDF at link:
READ: Court releases Patrick Frazee's arrest affidavit
Leticia - at link:
Gannon Stauch case: Leaked arrest affidavit outlines case against stepmother
and this little gem I've posted before
'We never wanted to let her down': Meet the investigators who helped solve Kelsey Berreth's murder
Oh yes I sure will...thank you!! :D
Edit: just read PF arrest warrant. No words. Just pure evil. How dumb was his girlfriend? But yes very impressed with talent of LE although these idiots made their job much easier IMO. Ok going to read GS warrant now!

Last edited:
I still have a difficult time believing he didn't make the call in order to save time. By BMs own admission he said he and the girls were just "a little" worried. That implies there was no sense of urgency. For a myriad of reasons, the person that should have been talking to LE was BM yet he chose to delegate that job.

Agree 100%..so here's the deal in 2020, better than 70% of all 911 calls do come from cell phones and have for several years now. It’s nothing new to 911 or to TRAINED FIRST RESPONDERS. The first words out of your mouth should be an address, followed by the purpose of the call. Seems most 911 calls route to main dispatch centers and are disbursed from there, I would guess because of the high rate of cell calls. So, when the neighbor called it was her address that popped up, not Morphews, what time was saved?

I’ve posted before “Going full circle here, in every thread including this one, someone writes words to the effect “If he was in Denver, he could not call 911 and talk to the 911 for his home. He would have gotten Denver's 911 center.” THAT’S AN EXCUSE, IMO. Barry is a trained first responder, he knows how to make the call. He didn't want to.

We are talking a trained first responder, whose own beloved is missing, not heard from all day, and he’s 3 hours away.

Talk about time and critical information…. We have a missing person, as a 911 responder, would you prefer to talk to a spouse who knew her, her height, weight, age, habits,... the house, the door combo lock, camera and alarms possibilities/locations, possible other access points(garage) if they existed, the color of the bike, when she was last heard from, her usual morning habits, her recent medical issues, meds she may be on, if there are pets in the house, thinking guard dogs.... Or an older neighbor of about two years who could only share the family is all out of town but “thinks" she may have gone on a bike ride and yeah, she recently had some sort of cancer.

I would think a lot more than that was asked....

Last edited:
snipped bbm
Exactly! In order for me to have seen BMs plea I would have had to be "friends" with BM on Facebook. Even if it was re-posted, I would still need to be "friends" with the person re-posting to see it. It's an extremely limited audience. I came to learn about Suzannes disappearance from The New York Post (don't judge me) not from Facebook.
One wonders who exactly was supposed to be the target audience of the infomercial plea ?
Only the FB friends of BM ?
Why not everyone ?
And why not hold a press conference with LE ?
My opinion is that it's as if someone doesn't want her found and/or knows where she is.

Agreed.
This is the most secretive missing person's case I've followed on WS.
Very sad !

Agree 100%..so here's the deal in 2020, better than 70% of all 911 calls do come from cell phones and have for several years now. It’s nothing new to 911 or to TRAINED FIRST RESPONDERS. The first words out of your mouth should be an address, followed by the purpose of the call. Seems most 911 calls route to main dispatch centers and are disbursed from there, I would guess because of the high rate of cell calls. So, when the neighbor called it was her address that popped up, not Morphews, what time was saved?

I’ve posted before “Going full circle here, in every thread including this one, someone writes words to the effect “If he was in Denver, he could not call 911 and talk to the 911 for his home. He would have gotten Denver's 911 center.” THAT’S AN EXCUSE. IMO Barry is a trained first responder, he knows how to make the call. He didn't want to.

We are talking a trained first responder, whose own beloved is missing, not heard from all day, and he’s 3 hours away.

Talk about time and critical information…. We have a missing person, as a 911 responder, would you prefer to talk to a spouse who knew her, her height, weight, age, habits,... the house, the door combo lock, camera and alarms possibilities/locations, possible other access points(garage) if they existed, the color of the bike, when she was last heard from, her usual morning habits, her recent medical issues, meds she may be on, if there are pets in the house, thinking guard dogs.... Or an older neighbor of about two years who could only share the family is all out of town but “thinks" she may have gone on a bike ride and yeah, she recently had some sort of cancer.

I would think a lot more than that was asked....

Right, Murphy! I feel the very first hinky hinky was the fact that BM didn't make that 911 call. Moo

It’s been sort of depressing the way it is slowing down here because there just isn’t much new information coming out. But that warrant has cheered me up and I’m fired up with faith in LE this morning! :D

RSBM - this was a great post :)

I'm pretty sure we can all share that first case, that first read through of an incredibly detailed arrest warrant that blew our minds with all sorts of off the wall things we never even imagined were connected or of any value at all, and explained why the arrest took as long as it did. I've been following true crime for 40+ years and I'm still impressed with the painstaking work LE does to create those highly detailed arrest warrants.

Buddy was probably wrestling mountain lions or something that day.
In all seriousness, it does seem rather sketchy that there was enough concern to phone the local police, but HE wasn't the one to do it.

jmo

Right, Murphy! I feel the very first hinky hinky was the fact that BM didn't make that 911 call. Moo

JMO
I agree and thinking about it further, when LE was first notified by the neighbor I bet LE wanted to speak with the homeowner/adult for the home.

If they pursued trying to get ahold of BM, it makes you wonder how difficult it was for LE to finally get to speak with him.

Was the first time he even spoke with LE was when he shows up at the house?

Did he make any efforts to get ahold of LE while he was in route to the house?

Did he drop what he was doing and immediately start heading home the second they decided they needed to call LE?

Did LE try to call him shortly after they got to the house or before even, and could not get ahold of him?

Depending on the answers to those questions, LE may have had many more reasons to begin to question what really happened to SM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member