Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be "happy" by any stretch to see BM arrested. Only because it will mean the girls will have lost both their parents, life will never be the same for them again.

If it turns out there is an unknown abductor, I would be happy. But that is not where the investigation is pointing, and your attempt at bashing posters with a different viewpoint is pointless :)

We might be here for quite a while waiting for the investigation to unfold, so I'm going to continue to respect your posts and hope there's a chance you'll turn out to be right!!

BBM:

Exactly.
Nobody's going to be "happy" when charges are brought in this case.
Nobody.

I'm baffled by some posts characterizing those of us who believe BM is responsible as "hating" him, or "wanting" him to be guilty of having harmed her.

Frankly, that suggestion is ridiculous.
Feelings have nothing to do with our having applied our critical thinking skills to form an opinion.

I say it all the time:
"Feelings aren't Facts."

Facts are pointing many of us here to the extremely sad, but logical, conclusion that Suzanne is dead.

We want the person who took her life held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
We could care less what the perpetrator's relationship to her is, aside from the fact that he's her murderer.
We want justice for Suzanne, because that's all that anyone can do for her now.

It's the least, the very least, this incredible woman deserves.

JMO.

Last edited:
Iirc early, very early on, it was said he was going for wildfire training. This was refuted by someone who said they did not have training on Sunday. So did BM have to scramble for another alibi?
Nope. It's been pretty well established that DM conflated BM, volunteer firefighter, with his attending training on mother's day (citing an unnamed relative). It's a fact that no local news network ever reported this unproven rumor because they'd already asked the spokesperson (BM's nephew TN) directly, and he refused to provide anything more than BM was in Denver when SM vanished, period. Local networks had also confirmed that fire training was suspended during the pandemic.

Indeed and that leads me to a couple of questions. All speculation.

Why did they move to Colorado if it was not for the job? Because Suzanne certainly did not push it, she felt isolated.
Did Covid put a strain on their marriage?
Was he irritated by the stay at home order because he could not see his affair anymore?

Jmo
I'm still several pages back, but need to ask --

if a wife referred to her hubby as her "wild at heart" sweetie, what would that phrase imply to those of you who are familiar with it?

I'm building an opinion here but want to hear how others interpret that phrase.

BBM:

Exactly.

I'm baffled by some posts characterizing those of us who believe BM is responsible as "hating" him, or "wanting" him to be guilty of having harmed her.

Feelings have nothing to do with our having applied our critical thinking skills to form an opinion.
I say this all the time: "Feelings aren't Facts."

Facts are pointing many of us here to the extremely sad, but logical, conclusion that Suzanne is dead.

We want the person who took her life held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
We could care less what the perpetrator's relationship to her is, aside from the fact that he's her murderer.

JMO.
This, yes! The battle of those that process with logic versus feelings. Not to oversimplify but both have their place. Feelings just don’t prove anything. Logic and facts do. Sometimes that can be hard for “feelers” to come to terms with.

Two Morphew vehicles in the driveway are of no significance unless PE has a 'breaking news' -clickbait episode soon....
They actually said the vehicles “were strange vehicles. Not belonging to the M’s” That is what made that significant IMO.
Edited: There were two vehicles that did not belong to Barry.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm truly curious if anyone here can list one "criminal mastermind." Even better if you can list 4-5, so the rest of us know who is in this category.

I can't think of any and I study this stuff.

But if you can and they're not fictional characters (i.e., Tony Soprano or some others), did any of them up and murder their wives? I know we have a great collective database here and maybe my memory is failing me.
Jodi Arias?

No it does not help but I'm thinking about all these posters on here that keep bashing him for not talking. Maybe that will make them happy! Ya think! MOO
Historically, there are some very fine examples of innocent’s behavior in cases of missing family members. Marc Klaas, Ed Smart and Mark Lunsford were all deemed suspicious by the public. However, like innocent people, they were focused on finding their family member and stayed the course. They were not deterred because some were distrustful of their behavior. They were willing to be scrutinized by LE and the public because their love and devotion to their missing family member outweighed their discomfort. They did not display the self protective, cover your behind type of behavior that we have seen with Barry.

BTW, I'm truly curious if anyone here can list one "criminal mastermind." Even better if you can list 4-5, so the rest of us know who is in this category.

But if you can and they're not fictional characters (i.e., Tony Soprano or some others), did any of them up and murder their wives? I know we have a great collective database here and maybe my memory is failing me.
Ed Kemper was pretty close. In the end, it’s the ego that does most in! He was incredibly bright.

Garden variety abuser. The most common kind of wife-killer. But you're probably right - also a habitual bully.

(I'm just offering a category, because of BM did it, that's what he is).
If he was a bully, Suzanne would not have said she wanted 20 more years in their marriage. She seemed very happy in all her pictures, more than happy,

DB Cooper. :D

BBM:

Exactly.
Nobody.

I say it all the time:
"Feelings aren't Facts."

JMO.
So well said GK, thank you!!

IMO

You’re absolutely right! BM is no criminal mastermind. However, it is apparent he has a short fuse and has resorted to assault in the past. That may in fact give SM’s relatives pause. As always, JMHO.
One assault that I know of and who knows what this guy was like he assaulted. Barry had a business to run and as a business owner, you want a job done right so who knows what happened there.

BBM:

Exactly.

I say this all the time: "Feelings aren't Facts."

JMO.

I agree with everything you've posted.

It's offensive, IMO , to suggest that posters here would be "happy" for a certain person to be charged in this case. It could possibly mean that 2 girls will lose both parents, and I don't think anyone here would be "happy" about that.

<modsnip>

SM needs to be found and anyone responsible for what happened to her brought to justice, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be looking at this differently. If authorities traveled to Indiana to specifically talk to SM's family and friends and gather more information for this investigation, I expect this would be a two-way conversation.

Authorities are not going to reveal any specific details to sacrifice the integrity of their investigation but I don't think they would have a problem telling a missing woman's father that his son in law of 26 years, the last person alleged to see his daughter, has not been all forthcoming. They're not made of stone.

Correct me if I'm wrong -- family said data collected from Barry’s truck did not match up with what he told investigators. They provided no details, and I don't think they have any more details.

The validity of data obtained from BM's truck will be proven in court, not here, by the family, or the media. And BM isn't required to prove anything. His damage was already done when he wasn't upfront, to begin with.

MOO

I have zero doubts LE gave the family some specific information regarding the investigation. Two way street just like you mentioned @Seattle1 I think LE gave information hoping the family members would feel more at ease sharing BM & SM’s relationship history with LE. LE is looking for a body and probably a motive as they are trying to bring this to an arrest.

LE certainly shared info with the parents of Gannon Stauch, even had G’s dad having phone conversations with the step-mother thing to garner more information from her.

MOO as always.

They actually said the vehicles “were strange vehicles. Not belonging to the M’s” That is what made that significant IMO.
Good catch. ^^^
Who was there that day ?

And since BM says he was in Denver, did the friend(s) just wander around the house and property, waiting patiently for him ?
I think not.

Maybe BM has a very close and 'special' friend ?
And it wouldn't have to be a sidekick like KK was to P.Frazee.
It could just be a buddy or even his mother.
We don't know yet.
Imo.

Historically, there are some very fine examples of innocent’s behavior in cases of missing family members. Marc Klaas, Ed Smart and Mark Lunsford were all deemed suspicious by the public. However, like innocent people, they were focused on finding their family member and stayed the course. They were not deterred because some were distrustful of their behavior. They were willing to be scrutinized by LE and the public because their love and devotion to their missing family member outweighed their discomfort. They did not display the self protective, cover your behind type of behavior that we have seen with Barry.
bbm
Exactly !

Nothing we have observed thus far has shown any degree of worry for Suzanne, but anger at LE for mishandling evidence and in general not believing BM's "stories".
MOO

Barry can't be the person you want to see. Everybody is different doesn't make them bad or guilty by any means at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500